Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooter > Halo 4
Subscribe    Donate

Old 09-18-2012, 08:32 PM   #1
Maximus MLG

Maximus MLG's Gamercard
DMR and BR nice...

Heres a link to the guns in the new game http://www.ign.com/wikis/halo-4/Weapons so excited for this.
Maximus MLG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 08:34 PM   #2
a7x4lyf3

Dementhis's Gamercard
Appreciate the info sharing, but this is some old news already. All the guns have been known in Halo 4 for quite sometime now, thanks for the post though. (:
a7x4lyf3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 12:23 AM   #3
SAM 602

SAM 602's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
I'm a little worried that Halo 4 is trying to add to much stuff in multiplayer it's like they are adding stuff from Gears and COD to make a "Gears of Duty Halo Warfare" hybrid game.

Most of it is when I saw the weapon video with the new SAW I thought of COD MW and how much I'm going to hate people that run and get the SAW and chew people up. I'm sure they balanced it with a long reload time but the rate of fire looked pretty high which wouldn't be bad if the round dispersion didn't look so focused. Maybe small burst are accurate and sustained starts going wild… IDK the video just made it look overpowered and all the benefits of tearing off a turret without the slow movement speed.

In timeline order:
Halo Wars-58/58 100%
Halo Reach-69/69 100%
Halo: CE Anni-44/44 100%
Halo 2 Vista-41/41 100%
Halo 3-79/79 100%
Halo 3: ODST-47/47 100%
Halo Spartan Assault X1-30/30 100%
Halo Spartan Assault 360-27/28 96%
Halo Spartan Assault W8-25/25 100%
(Glitch can't finish 360: Extra Credit)
Halo 4-86/86 100%

SAM 602 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 01:12 AM   #4
ReverendSID

ReverendSID's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SAM 602 View Post
I'm a little worried that Halo 4 is trying to add to much stuff in multiplayer it's like they are adding stuff from Gears and COD to make a "Gears of Duty Halo Warfare" hybrid game.

Most of it is when I saw the weapon video with the new SAW I thought of COD MW and how much I'm going to hate people that run and get the SAW and chew people up. I'm sure they balanced it with a long reload time but the rate of fire looked pretty high which wouldn't be bad if the round dispersion didn't look so focused. Maybe small burst are accurate and sustained starts going wild… IDK the video just made it look overpowered and all the benefits of tearing off a turret without the slow movement speed.
Well, it's an ordinance weapon. Just like the Rocket Launcher, or the Spartan Laser. They're supposed to be more powerful than the loadout options. I'm personally no more upset about the SAW than I am about any of the other drop/map only weapons. As long as you can't spawn with one of those, I don't see an issue.

The only video I've seen of the SAW, the dude ran and got it, and managed to kill 1 or 2 folks with it before he died. Didn't see what happened to it after that. But I assume that like the RL or the shotgun, it gets picked up by the killers in a cycle until it's out of ammo. So it's just one more of those types of weapons. I might even like the system more than the current one. At least it's not spawning at ONE spot on the map that's gonna get camped, it's dropping onto the map at one of several randomly chosen locations. Less camping = good IMO.

As far as the loadout system itself. I was a little nervous at first cause I hate CoD and it's kill streaks and power weapons in loadouts. But then I realized, you have relatively few choices for the loadouts, it's just picking your primary weapon and sidearm really. And the fact that I can choose to always start with a weapon I like (DMR) instead of being forced to play with an Assault Rifle until I can find a good weapon on the map.... I like that.

And... I'm not seeing the Gears influence here honestly. I've yet to see a waist high wall in any of the videos I've watched.
Old 09-19-2012, 01:34 AM   #5
SAM 602

SAM 602's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReverendSID View Post
Well, it's an ordinance weapon. Just like the Rocket Launcher, or the Spartan Laser. They're supposed to be more powerful than the loadout options. I'm personally no more upset about the SAW than I am about any of the other drop/map only weapons. As long as you can't spawn with one of those, I don't see an issue.

The only video I've seen of the SAW, the dude ran and got it, and managed to kill 1 or 2 folks with it before he died. Didn't see what happened to it after that. But I assume that like the RL or the shotgun, it gets picked up by the killers in a cycle until it's out of ammo. So it's just one more of those types of weapons. I might even like the system more than the current one. At least it's not spawning at ONE spot on the map that's gonna get camped, it's dropping onto the map at one of several randomly chosen locations. Less camping = good IMO.

As far as the loadout system itself. I was a little nervous at first cause I hate CoD and it's kill streaks and power weapons in loadouts. But then I realized, you have relatively few choices for the loadouts, it's just picking your primary weapon and sidearm really. And the fact that I can choose to always start with a weapon I like (DMR) instead of being forced to play with an Assault Rifle until I can find a good weapon on the map.... I like that.

And... I'm not seeing the Gears influence here honestly. I've yet to see a waist high wall in any of the videos I've watched.
Well where I'm at the internet is pretty limited now so I have to get my info on Halo 4 in bits and pieces here and there as I can get them.

I didn't know that the set weapon spawn points was different. I saw in a view where a drop pod dropped some weapons I figured it was like in COD when you could get a supply drop.

That's cool and all that its a "ordinance" weapon or a B**** weapon as I like to call them... It's just that people always rush and camp the spawn points but if the set spawn points are out now then maybe that will help.

Thats cool that is about all you can change. Can you also choose your gernade load out?

The Gears influnce is just with all the armor and weapon skins. Thats cool and all that they are trying to make everything so customizable but I guess I don't really see the point. I understand I don't have to use them. I just guess I don't like the idea of someone killing me with a pink gun.

In timeline order:
Halo Wars-58/58 100%
Halo Reach-69/69 100%
Halo 2 Vista-41/41 100%
Halo 3-79/79 100%
Halo 4-86/86 100%

Old 09-19-2012, 03:29 AM   #6
ReverendSID

ReverendSID's Gamercard

Quote:
Well where I'm at the internet is pretty limited now so I have to get my info on Halo 4 in bits and pieces here and there as I can get them.

I didn't know that the set weapon spawn points was different. I saw in a view where a drop pod dropped some weapons I figured it was like in COD when you could get a supply drop.

That's cool and all that its a "ordinance" weapon or a B**** weapon as I like to call them... It's just that people always rush and camp the spawn points but if the set spawn points are out now then maybe that will help.

Thats cool that is about all you can change. Can you also choose your gernade load out?

The Gears influnce is just with all the armor and weapon skins. Thats cool and all that they are trying to make everything so customizable but I guess I don't really see the point. I understand I don't have to use them. I just guess I don't like the idea of someone killing me with a pink gun.
Well, there is a game mode where you can get supply drops. But unlike CoD it's not kill streak related, and you can't pick what the supply drops are. It's called Infinity Slayer, and the way it works is every action you do earns you points. Like, a headshot gets you a certain amount of points, and a double kill a certain amount, etc. And the points add up, but don't disappear if you die. And when you get enough points you can call in an ordinance drop at your position. And you get a semi-random selection of 3 drops to choose from. I say, semi-random because I believe there's a list of what's allowed on certain maps. So, you can get a weapon or an overshield or a speed boost, etc. You call it in and it falls near you, and then anyone can pick it up. So if you call it in and someone kills you before it drops, they can get it. So, it's not like in CoD where you can pick what you get and have to get a certain number of kills without dieing. And it's nothing super over powered about it. And of course there's also a mode and gametypes without it.

I'm sure there are still things like shotguns spawning on the maps. But at the begining of a match, ordinance pods drop 2 or 3 weapons onto the field. These weapons are drawn from a list so it's not always the same weapons I believe. Or at least it's not always the same on every map. And they don't drop in the same exact spot, it's like several choices on each map. So like in one game the SAW might drop in one spot, but the next game on the same map nothing drops in that spot, or a different weapon drops there and the SAW drops somewhere else, etc.

That's my understanding at least from what I've seen in videos and heard developers say.
Old 09-19-2012, 03:36 PM   #7
niko da bos

asari command0's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts
Quote:

its called map control, and i would rather secure the rockets than have my team get shat on by them. unfortunately now you cannot do that, random power weapons will be all over the map.. guarantee it will be a mess.

and is this true what i hear, the BR is no longer 4shot?
does the plasma pistol still EMP? lol
niko da bos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 04:04 PM   #8
ReverendSID

ReverendSID's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by niko da bos View Post
E3 gameplay footage showed it as a 4 shot. But considering the DMR and the Carbine are 5 shots, I'm all for the BR getting changed. Otherwise why have the other 2 at all?
Old 09-19-2012, 04:51 PM   #9
SAM 602

SAM 602's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by niko da bos View Post
its called map control, and i would rather secure the rockets than have my team get shat on by them. unfortunately now you cannot do that, random power weapons will be all over the map.. guarantee it will be a mess.

Eh... Not so much map control as annoying. All it seemed was like a waste I would always go and always the ordance weapons were gone, and it would seem if you could keep away those weapons from that one weapon spawn camper then they could get a kill with anything else. But let them get their b**** weapon and they would just jump all over. Granted some take skill to use (running and gunning with sniper rifle) but most of the time it takes little skill to spray and pray.

It's just a game and I like to play to for fun and I guess the weapon campers take the fun out of it because I would enjoy have a chance to shoot a rocket for an easy kill, but with this new system seems like a nice way to illiminate that issue.

That was another thing too the BR and EMP combo or as I called it the b*** combo (which I was an advid user of). If it still works the same will be nice to have some Halo2/3 flash backs but it's like if you can get the emp gernades it would work about the same or like the gernade blast BR burst to the face in Halo3 that did me wonders.

I just want to get my hand on it and see how much I like and dislike aspect of it. I'm more looking forward to Spartan Ops out of everthing I've heard/seen.

In timeline order:
Halo Wars-58/58 100%
Halo Reach-69/69 100%
Halo 2 Vista-41/41 100%
Halo 3-79/79 100%
Halo 4-86/86 100%

Old 09-20-2012, 06:27 AM   #10
Xenoes

Neurotic Kasper's Gamercard
I love everything 343 is doing with Halo 4. It's a nice change of pace. No more power weapon camping and try hards memorizing the times they appear when grabbed. Also them being random not only in location but, weapon type is quite nice as well. Very glad both the BR and Carbine are making a return. Two of my favorite Halo weapons. I don't see the "Noob combo"(BR + Plasma Pistol) making a return. It was rarely used in my 2-3 years of playing Halo 3. With it draining while it's charged people hardly had those two together. The new SAW is prolly gonna be powerful and have a good fire rate but, like all the other power weapons, have a small clip size. I'm not worried about anything 343 is implementing in the new multiplayer. For me their changes are openly welcome. I would hate for Halo 4 to be an exact or similar replica to Halo 2,3. As developers I'm sure they like to improve on what they've done before and change certain aspects about the game in the sequel.
Old 10-11-2012, 12:57 PM   #11
RottenApp1eCore

RottenApp1eCore's Gamercard
I cannot wait to fire a BR again.
RottenApp1eCore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 02:37 AM   #12
Au Asterix

au asterix's Gamercard
It’s good to see a large variety of weapons but I think it will end up the same as the other games. There may be heaps of different varieties but in the end everyone (that actually knows how to play the game) will have a BR/DMR plus power weapon.
Au Asterix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 02:16 PM   #13
Firefly2

XD Firefly's Gamercard
Nice to see the BR back
Firefly2 is offline   Reply With Quote