PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Action > Dishonored
Subscribe    Donate

Old 10-07-2012, 02:58 AM   #1
KFZ Scrubs

KFZ Nobody's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 10,000 posts   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Road Map - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
Review leaked, some finished in under 4 hours

http://www.dsogaming.com/news/first-...er-four-hours/

Here's the article:

Quote:
We normally don’t like sharing leaks about early review scores, but Dishonored is one of our most anticipated games of 2012 and we are happy to inform you that CVG’s score got leaked today. The reason we are happy is because the game gained an almost perfect score (9.5/10), suggesting that it is indeed one of the best games of 2012. Of course, early reviews can’t be trusted – well, most of the times – but we are pretty sure that Arkane Studios is capable of delivering a really interesting title.

According to the closing comments of CVG’s review, Dishonored offers incredible freedom, features an exciting and believable dystopian world and works equally well as a stealth or an action game. In its video review (that was also leaked but is private right now), CVG stated that Dishonored is GOTY and that it was a “once in a generation game that rewards patience.”

In other news, some gamers got their copies earlier than anticipated and managed to finish the game under four hours. We should note that other gamers have finished Arkane’s title in under six-seven hours, suggesting that the game’s length depends entirely on your playing style. Level designer Dan Todd, on the other hand, said that the game should last about 20 hours, give or take. As he wrote in the official Bethesda forum:

“My ghost and no kills playthrough took 22 hours. That’s without exploring every nook and cranny, and knowing the solution to everything beforehand.”

Dishonored will be officially unleashed on October 12th on PC, X360 and PS3!

I'm interested in this game.... I just hope I don't finish it as quick because I like bang for my buck. If it's that quick of a finish... sorry, it's a rent

KFZ Scrubs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 04:02 AM   #2
Shiftie

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts   Road Map - Diamond   Green Thumb - Bronze   Micro Guide - Platinum   Submit - Silver   Achievement Guide - Emerald   Staff Club - Shiftie   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 8 (more» ...)
So.. 4-22hrs depending on who you talk to I guess? Great -.- Gonna have to keep an eye on this stuff until I head to gamestop I guess.

(^Literally the coolest part of SWTOR)
Shiftie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 05:10 AM   #3
BloodGodAlucard

BloodGodAlucard's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
I always take my time with games. So the length of someone else's playthrough is irrelevant to me. As long as the game is high quality and enjoyable, then it's worth the price in my opinion. I'm highly anticipating playing this next week.

Completed: 74 Retail Games and 7 Arcade Games

Proudest Completion to Date: Dark Souls 1000/1000 on Xbox 360 and 1000/1000 on PC
BloodGodAlucard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 07:18 AM   #4
HDresden

VGM 007's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodGodAlucard View Post
I always take my time with games. So the length of someone else's playthrough is irrelevant to me. As long as the game is high quality and enjoyable, then it's worth the price in my opinion. I'm highly anticipating playing this next week.
exactly. I'm the type who wants to run off into the distance and explore everything. Hell that's why I've put 200+ hours into fallout 3 and STILL haven't finished the main story, or even all the sidequests.

Also, this sounds like a multiple playthroughs game. From the various previews out there, missions play out differently depending on your choices and the game gives you loads of ways to be a badass/ghost. I know I intend to attempt a silent play and also a kill everything in sight play.

as to the topic, I'm glad it got such high praise, I hope this game does well. I'm excited for Tuesday!
Old 10-07-2012, 07:22 AM   #5
Shiftie

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts   Road Map - Diamond   Green Thumb - Bronze   Micro Guide - Platinum   Submit - Silver   Achievement Guide - Emerald   Staff Club - Shiftie   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 8 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by HDresden View Post
Also, this sounds like a multiple playthroughs game. From the various previews out there, missions play out differently depending on your choices and the game gives you loads of ways to be a badass/ghost. I know I intend to attempt a silent play and also a kill everything in sight play.
Yea, it does sound a lot like the Hitman games and what not, allowing you to play through the game a ton of different ways. I'm not sure if it will be as open as the Hitman games, but I guess we'll find out in a few days.

(^Literally the coolest part of SWTOR)
Shiftie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 01:04 PM   #6
ethanbrowner

Xv Ethan vX's Gamercard
yeah i mean you can beat fallout new vegas in under 3 hrs if you do everything right and i believe people also beat skyrim in around the same time in a speed run so if you skip everything im sure you can beat it that fast it wouldnt be the first game that you could do that i mean fallout and skyrim are some of the biggest games out there but i am hoping that it lives up to the 9.5 hopefully it gets some 10s
Old 10-07-2012, 02:06 PM   #7
HellspawnRei

HellspawnRei's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Word of Mouth   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   Over Achiever - Bronze
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Even if you can finish it in like 2 hours, with the play style that i have(searching for everything and everywhere),i dont care much.
Old 10-07-2012, 03:17 PM   #8
Mr Magic

mr blackmagik's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
If you seriously believe that this game can be beaten in 4 hours, something is wrong with you. I could see it if you had played the game 3 times, on easy, and just ran to each objective full speed. But anyone who plays this for the first time is not going to beat it in 4 hours.

That's like bitching about Portal 2 being 4 hours. Sure if you know every puzzle by heart and just speed run through it.

Anyone I see most people getting this game for the stealth. Which means by default you will be playing somewhat slow. Include collectibles, exploration, side missions, there is no way its 4 hours.
Old 10-07-2012, 03:34 PM   #9
WalterWhite

Awards Showcase 5,000 Posts   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Bronze
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Four hours sounds like speed run times, and by the time you're attempting those that might seem long. I'm going to hold out for some credible reviews. The only thing that would stop me from picking this up would be dramatically low scores across the boards.
WalterWhite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 03:45 PM   #10
xxJUSTINxx

OddFull Metal's Gamercard

All these "I finished it in under 4 hours" are the type of people who just skip cutscenes and just rush through the missions.

I'm already more than 4 hours in and still have a good chunk of game left. And not mention finishing up all the achievements is going to take a few playthroughs.
Old 10-07-2012, 05:33 PM   #11
The Bum-Mobile

Mr Shenanigans's Gamercard

Not concerned in the slightest about length. In fact, I was expecting it to be short. Looks like one of those games where you can just blast through the whole thing quickly, but obviously the more methodical, stealthy path is the selling point.

The Bum-Mobile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 07:58 PM   #12
Kal_El
Banned User

yep it can be beaten very quickly the stealth adds to the length but if you played on easy and just run in guns blazing and kill everyone then it will be fast, im making videos for the the game and it's taking me a while to get through because im playing in stealth so
Kal_El is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 08:29 PM   #13
Qonok

Qonok's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze   Staff Club - Never Final   Over Achiever - Silver
So you can beat the story in 4 hours by blasting through it on easy. The real question to me is how long it takes to get the 1k. I am betting it will be much longer than 4 hours.
Those people that have to speed run the game just to be 'first' to complete it don't bother me. It is interesting when they do that and then complain that the game is too short or that they didn't have much fun with it.

Qonok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 09:05 PM   #14
BIG L RETURNS

BIG L RETURNS's Gamercard
fuck this 4 hour bull. Hell, i remember taking a few days to beat Quest 64 on the N64 and then I went on youtube and saw a kid legitimately beat it in 3 hours flat.

There are just some people in our world that don't get a breath of fresh air.

I have no doubt in my mind that everyone planning to get this won't be rushing through this game. Getting 1K will be interesting. Depending on how the game works, beating the game using only blink could be difficult. That's just mentioning ONE of the difficult achievements listed.

BIG L RETURNS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 09:55 PM   #15
TRAGICTRIXIE
Banned User

TRAGICTYPHON's Gamercard
I'll take my time and play all the side missions and not just completely run through doing the main missions, at least for my first play. The 2nd or 3rd, maybe 4th play i'll go for story missions only to get certain achievements
TRAGICTRIXIE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 01:09 AM   #16
OrionSatsume

mastrchief34's Gamercard
4-8 hrs is a clear rushthrough. That is how you get the first user walkthrough/guide out there the second they lift the NDA. The game is nothing but SP, so there's no way its that short on content. The devs said 20+ hrs...I'll take their word for it.

Last edited by OrionSatsume; 10-08-2012 at 01:25 AM.
OrionSatsume is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 01:25 AM   #17
BillyBobTwo
Banned User

Yeah 4 hours is easy difficulty, skip side missions, skip collectibles, skip cutscenes, skip the fun. I definitely see it possible after finishing mission 2. Which took me several hours of sneaking and alternate paths. But if you really went guns blazing on easy and just ran your ass to the boss and then off of there, yes I could see a mission only taking 30 or so minutes each.
BillyBobTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 04:09 AM   #18
iBuzz7S

Awards Showcase 5,000 Posts   Submit - Bronze   Donator - Level 2
Just going to put 'em here instead of creating new threads.
Just a few of the reviews which have gone live.
Old 10-08-2012, 04:27 AM   #19
KFZ Scrubs

KFZ Nobody's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 10,000 posts   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Road Map - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   Submit - Bronze
Just saw the X360A one. I want to buy this game, but don't have the bank at the time. I'll invest in it shortly after

Old 10-08-2012, 05:34 AM   #20
Snowed

Snowed's Gamercard
Your playthrough time will entirely depend on your skill. I normally play through games very quickly as I don't explore much and I try to be very efficient. I think it's fun. I beat Uncharted 1 in 4.5 hours the first time with no walkthrough - so it's totally possible to beat a top tier single player game in such a short amount of time.

Definitely not buying this game as it sounds like a waste of money. I'll get it next year on Amazon for $15.
Old 10-08-2012, 05:41 AM   #21
Spock

N7 Spock's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Over Achiever - Bronze   Donator - Level 1
Jim Sterling... the man I always trust: 9/10.

Oh shit, I'm even more excited now.

I like bitching threads.
Spock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 06:10 AM   #22
OceanH

Ocean H's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Over Achiever - Bronze   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
GameSpot's review:

IGN's review:

Old 10-08-2012, 07:24 AM   #23
BloodGodAlucard

BloodGodAlucard's Gamercard

It's always a good sign when literally every major reviewer is giving a game glowing praise and near perfect scores. I simply can't wait to dive into this game on Tuesday. It looks absolutely amazing. It very well could be in the running for game of the year. That's a pretty significant feat for a new IP that up to now hasn't garnered anywhere near the buzz that it apparently deserves. I'm immensely pleased with the way this is turning out.

Completed: 74 Retail Games and 7 Arcade Games

Proudest Completion to Date: Dark Souls 1000/1000 on Xbox 360 and 1000/1000 on PC
BloodGodAlucard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 08:12 AM   #24
xX Mazza1992 Xx

xX Mazza1992 Xx's Gamercard
I hope the length is fairly decent cant be worse than MW3.. i finished that on veteran in 2 hours 18 minutes on my first playthorugh -.-
xX Mazza1992 Xx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 08:36 AM   #25
lifetimegamer

MBocking1987's Gamercard
Not a big deal to be honest, a stealth game is always going to be short if you play it, well, non-stealthily. Games like this are all about trial and error, trying to find the best way to tackle each stage (and lets not forget all those tasty powers we can experiment with!)

A "run and gun" playthrough of Hitman Blood Money weighs in at about 2-3hours long but getting a Silent Assassin grade on each level took me well over 25hours
lifetimegamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 11:00 AM   #26
Sarcastro

BlazingxPaddles's Gamercard
Not worried about game length. People who whip through games like that don't take the time to appreciate it, they're simply plowing through as quickly as possible.

I can beat Borderlands 2 in about 2 or 3 hours if I want. But, enjoying the game thoroughly, I took almost 30 hours on my first playthrough.

cheers.
Sarcastro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 03:02 PM   #27
Starkweather

starkweatherxc's Gamercard
I never rush so should take me a while. Look forward to it.
Old 10-08-2012, 04:05 PM   #28
Stormy2k

Stormy2k's Gamercard
The way the game can be approached any way you want means that of course you could finish it very quickly just running and gunning and doing the main objectives, but then that really missing most of the game because of your play style.

My first playthrough of Borderlands 2 was extensive, exploring and it took me some time to do. On the TVH mode I blasted through the main story in under 6 hours with four of us. Had I done that from the get go, just the main objectivces, I too could say Borderlands 2 was a short game!

If people say the game took X hours to finish, they should specify their play style.

Im a hardcore stealth nut so I'll be going slow through the game making OCD saves after every few kills incase things go pear shaped!

I'm on twitter @Stormy2k - Talking Games/Movies/Wrestling.
Stormy2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 04:09 PM   #29
Jesuit007

Saitta's Gamercard
I fully expect to finish it in less than 5 hours... on a clean-up playthrough.

It looks like a nice-guy stealth run will be the bulk of my experience, and then I'll run through and kill a bunch of people for those cheevos.

Hopefully it's 2 playthroughs, but even if it's 3 no worries. A good game is a good game.

I was actually somewhat disappointed that Deus Ex was 1k on 1 playthrough. With so many good games out... it's hard to set aside play time for games I've already maxed (I still do at times, but I have a serious backlog I'm still slogging through).

Arcade Complete - 9
Jesuit007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 07:51 PM   #30
KFZ Scrubs

KFZ Nobody's Gamercard

I'm hoping to do 3. Fun one where I just enjoy the story and atmosphere, stealth were I try not to kill anybody and clean up