PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password
 

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 LIVE Arcade Games > Action > Happy Wars
Subscribe    Donate

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-06-2014, 01:52 AM   #1
Mexican Flyer
 
Mexican Flyer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 131

DancemaniaMania's Gamercard
Update

So, there's been a new update recently, quite big in size.
The only new things I've seen is that the results screen after a match is no longer 1 minute but is now only 30 seconds and the horsie. The horse really adds nothing valuable to the game, but goddamn, it's so cute to run around with it hitting the enemies.
I've also noticed that's it's more common to lose connection to the other players in Co-op Mode when you finish a match. My connection is not super good, but I've never had this many connection problems before.
Mexican Flyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 10:15 PM   #2
UnarmedReaper07
 
UnarmedReaper07's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 1,386

UnarmedReaper07's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Silver   1,000 Posts   Over Achiever - Silver   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   XBA Promoter
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
* You can ride a horse. It starts off slow, but then speeds up. Handy to knock enemies off certain maps.

* No more event items and happy stars in special events.

* You only get prizes now if your top of the leader boards at the end of the month. There are also prizes for get the top 10% and 30% on the friend leader board. (Sadly you need 10 people for them to work and none of my friends are on it. )

* Playing the special event and AI's are pretty much warriors. They camp at their castle and gang up on you. I had around 10 enemies chase me...... Where were my team mates? (We still won somehow.)

* You get 3 * I day premium member passes * when you sign into the game.




- This game is getting worse with time. Now you pretty much have to grind special events and quick matches to get on the leader board. (Haven't tried "Co-op" yet to see if it counts.) No wonder why only one of my friends still play this game.........

Last edited by UnarmedReaper07; 06-09-2014 at 10:32 PM.
UnarmedReaper07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 09:05 AM   #3
Mexican Flyer
 
Mexican Flyer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 131

DancemaniaMania's Gamercard
Your score on Co-Op does get you on the leaderboards. It's the only mode I play.
Mexican Flyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 09:22 PM   #4
UnarmedReaper07
 
UnarmedReaper07's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 1,386

UnarmedReaper07's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Silver   1,000 Posts   Over Achiever - Silver   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   XBA Promoter
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mexican Flyer View Post
Your score on Co-Op does get you on the leaderboards. It's the only mode I play.

I mean "league leader boards". Sorry if I was unclear.


* Co-op still doesn't count for "league leader boards".

Last edited by UnarmedReaper07; 06-12-2014 at 02:41 AM.
UnarmedReaper07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2014, 06:00 AM   #5
ShaDoWL1nK
 
ShaDoWL1nK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 19

L1nK oF ShaDoWz's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by UnarmedReaper07 View Post
- This game is getting worse with time. Now you pretty much have to grind special events and quick matches to get on the leader board. (Haven't tried "Co-op" yet to see if it counts.) No wonder why only one of my friends still play this game.........

I Could've said it any better. Ur absolutely correct. I loved this game a year ago. This year........this year has been disappointing. I liked getting items/stars in spec. events. Why did they take that away?!?! I liked checking out the item shop for "lucky" items. had some decent buffs to go with them to, all for (was it) 8 happy tickets? It would only take me a couple of days to level up my items to 10(and above). Now...NOW, it might take me at least 2 weeks or longer. I don't play a lot. My work won't allow for it. They force you into buying more stuff. The hammers, the memberships. Rly??? I'm not made of money. 99% of my HWs gaming is co-op. I'm about to give up on Toylogic. They took sooo much of our money and this is how they thank us. I was hoping they would bring back some of the old event items, like the Perseus Helm. and the Jinn's Lamp. But as long as it's coming out on the Xbox one.......that's all that matters, right?
ShaDoWL1nK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2014, 05:23 AM   #6
UnarmedReaper07
 
UnarmedReaper07's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 1,386

UnarmedReaper07's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Silver   1,000 Posts   Over Achiever - Silver   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   XBA Promoter
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
It seems like they brought back event items. The special event has three super premiums and one premium. I guess a lot of people were complaining about it.


* I magically got to "Immortal League" and I only played the special event when it was still counting leader board points.
UnarmedReaper07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2014, 08:13 AM   #7
Mexican Flyer
 
Mexican Flyer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 131

DancemaniaMania's Gamercard
Big update.
New stages! While they re-use assets from other stages, they're not re-colors and they look beautiful!

You can now purchase different versions of the horse: a war-horse and a giraffe. 30 tickets each and they have their own special advantage over the normal horse.

Co-Op appears to be no longer 3 stages with the same people. You finish a battle and you're entered into a new lobby.

If you have a bad connection sometimes (like me), you may get a message on the screen while playing that you're slowed down because "the delay in your connection may affect the other players". Your character is slowed down while the other players are fine and there's nothing you can do but wait.

At the result screen, in the list with all the players, you can choose to have a "Friends Wanted" icon next to your name.

Last edited by Mexican Flyer; 08-13-2014 at 08:20 AM.
Mexican Flyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2014, 05:25 PM   #8
Lava Tonsil
 
Lava Tonsil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: England
Posts: 928

andydubyew's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - AOS Puck   Submit - Bronze   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Community Gaming - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   Over Achiever - Bronze   XBA Promoter
Total Awards: 7 (more» ...)
Yeah i got this update on Monday and the new stage is welcome at least.
That said, the more convoluted they make the micro-transactions the less i enjoy this game. In it's basic form of castle attack and defence it's great but 'balancing' they've done hasn't been effective other than to bias towards newer players.
Lava Tonsil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2014, 11:24 PM   #9
lukemadtv
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 39

lukemadtv's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mexican Flyer View Post
Big update.
New stages! While they re-use assets from other stages, they're not re-colors and they look beautiful!

You can now purchase different versions of the horse: a war-horse and a giraffe. 30 tickets each and they have their own special advantage over the normal horse.

Co-Op appears to be no longer 3 stages with the same people. You finish a battle and you're entered into a new lobby.

If you have a bad connection sometimes (like me), you may get a message on the screen while playing that you're slowed down because "the delay in your connection may affect the other players". Your character is slowed down while the other players are fine and there's nothing you can do but wait.

At the result screen, in the list with all the players, you can choose to have a "Friends Wanted" icon next to your name.
I'm having that issue where I'm slowed down constantly and my connection really is quite good most of the time. I'm not sure exactly why they think it's fair to slow down a select couple people to get slaughtered. People see me moving like a snail and instantly all turn their attention to me.
lukemadtv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2014, 11:42 PM   #10
ShaDoWL1nK
 
ShaDoWL1nK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 19

L1nK oF ShaDoWz's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by lukemadtv View Post
I'm having that issue where I'm slowed down constantly and my connection really is quite good most of the time. I'm not sure exactly why they think it's fair to slow down a select couple people to get slaughtered. People see me moving like a snail and instantly all turn their attention to me.

idk. I'm guessing the reason for slowing down people with a "bad" connection speed is so they can at least continue playing in the match instead of getting kicked from it altogether. Still, it's quite annoying to watch all ur friends walking off and leaving u, knowing they're gonna be at the other end, while ur not even at the halfway point. I don't know whats worse, going snail speed or getting kicked from the match

Quote from Mexican Flyer;
"At the result screen, in the list with all the players, you can choose to have a "Friends Wanted" icon next to your name."

Thnx for posting this Mexican Flyer. I was wondering what those icons were.

Last edited by ShaDoWL1nK; 08-16-2014 at 08:35 PM.
ShaDoWL1nK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2014, 11:04 PM   #11
lukemadtv
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 39

lukemadtv's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShaDoWL1nK View Post
idk. I'm guessing the reason for slowing down people with a "bad" connection speed is so they can at least continue playing in the match instead of getting kicked from it altogether. Still, it's quite annoying to watch all ur friends walking off and leaving u, knowing they're gonna be at the other end, while ur not even at the halfway point. I don't know whats worse, going snail speed or getting kicked from the match

Quote from Mexican Flyer;
"At the result screen, in the list with all the players, you can choose to have a "Friends Wanted" icon next to your name."

Thnx for posting this Mexican Flyer. I was wondering what those icons were.

"I don't know whats worse, going snail speed or getting kicked from the match"
Honestly before the update I would rarely ever get disconnected, however now I am being turtlefied almost every game since the update and it is quite a burden. I will start the game fine, be slowed down for a portion, and then I eventually lose the message and regain the speed. I never experienced any major connection issues with the game and nobody has ever had issues playing with me so I don't get this with the update, it drives me nuts and ruins the fun of playing.
lukemadtv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2015, 09:39 AM   #12
Mexican Flyer
 
Mexican Flyer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 131

DancemaniaMania's Gamercard
Big title update coming, and you get 30 free tickets.
Mexican Flyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2015, 12:07 AM   #13
IAteA11ThePies
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Posts: 9

IAteA11ThePies's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mexican Flyer View Post
Big title update coming, and you get 30 free tickets.
Where are you hearing this?
IAteA11ThePies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2015, 05:26 AM   #14
Mexican Flyer
 
Mexican Flyer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 131

DancemaniaMania's Gamercard
It said so when you started the game.

The achivement list for the X One version of the game has just come out and some achievements talk about some new medals you can win. I expect the 360 version will get them as well with some new achievements.
Mexican Flyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2015, 05:41 PM   #15
Tai_MT
 
Tai_MT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: United States, South Dakota
Posts: 1,009
Send a message via AIM to Tai_MT

YouGotOwned12's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Cool

So... anyone else notice the Happy Spinner is missing with the newest update I got today?


Kind of makes me sad since now I'm sitting on 1,160,762 Happy Stars that I'll never spend (I usually save up a ton and play the Spinner to get buffs and items I want).


How the heck will I ever spend all these? Not like I can convert them directly into item XP. Meh.
__________________



"It's worth remembering that all reviews are subjective personal opinions and if you personally enjoy the game, then they shouldn't get to you. Unless there's a dispicable nagging little doubt in the back of your mind that maybe you're not having as much fun as you've convinced yourself you're having. And won't go away no matter how many times you try to slap it away with weak excuses."
Tai_MT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2015, 09:26 PM   #16
Mexican Flyer
 
Mexican Flyer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 131

DancemaniaMania's Gamercard
Spinner got replaced by Happy Cards Lite, which uses stars instead of tickets like the normal Happy Cards.
Mexican Flyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT. The time now is 03:08 AM.