PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Fighting > Dead or Alive 5
Subscribe    Donate

Old 10-08-2012, 01:09 AM   #1
Xii

Sorkstryparen's Gamercard
Survival Master Achievement tips...

Those of you that have this achievement plz post your tactics and which character you used and youtube clip if you have or know some....

Have played hard for the last 3h and i only got to 47 soo annoying, used Ryu and his cheap tactic. I know i will gett it in time but all help could make this easyer for all of us that dont have it yet.

Heard that aplha was the best in survival only have 62 "mission" left for her maybe should i unlock her first....
Xii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 01:18 AM   #2
Shiinjuku

Shiinjuku's Gamercard
Alpha is useless in survival master+, they will predict every cheap moves she does.
As for the Ryu technique doing that for 400+ fights is going to be annoying.
I'll update you if there's is better tips, for now just play your best.
Shiinjuku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 01:45 PM   #3
Xii

Okej well i think i will stop trying this untill someone comes up with a good tactic, i have traid this for about 7h now always end on like 37 och 43 shit you just want to kill something when thats happens.

I guess i am the biggest fault becuse i always panic when i am on like 40 and start thinking "shit soon 50 aaa".

Only have 40 "missions" left for alpha, will do that 4 a while now need to come away from survival.
Old 10-08-2012, 02:16 PM   #4
BiG I Johnny

Send a message via ICQ to BiG I Johnny

UP Johnny's Gamercard
What is actually the "Ryu tactic"?
Old 10-08-2012, 02:38 PM   #5
ScizX

ScizX's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by BiG I Johnny View Post
4P+K to create distance
then repeat 7P 8K till you win
Dead or Alive 4
Devil may Cry 4
ScizX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 04:33 PM   #6
Xii

Quote:
Originally Posted by BiG I Johnny View Post
I mix up the 4P+K and 2P+K->8K and when they are too close i do the 7K.
I also use other things to mix it up a little but the above i use the most.

The 4P+K i not only for Ryu its for almost any character that have a longer charge attack....

But my main is Jann Lee but i only come to like 40 with him then they just counter every move i make....cheating CPU!

Another thing i noticet is the CPU have 3 "bosses" on every 10 count like 7,8,9 is a "boss" and 17,18,19 and so on, just like in doa4. So when you come to 7 you must concentrace...
Old 10-08-2012, 08:22 PM   #7
Destro

Destro WOD's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
yeah the 10-20-30 etc seem to be the worst by far, i failed like 3 times at 19 before finishing easy... I will eventually try a run in normal but i doubt ill pass this.

Gears of War Legend
Destro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 05:33 AM   #8
PRmykey327

they need to lower the difficulty or something cuz this is stupid. ive been at it for awhile and one i hit 40 its like all bets are off. they read everything, barly let you stand, and do things i never even seen a human person perform. its stupid
PRmykey327 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 08:10 PM   #9
Destro

Destro WOD's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by PRmykey327 View Post
they need to lower the difficulty or something cuz this is stupid. ive been at it for awhile and one i hit 40 its like all bets are off. they read everything, barly let you stand, and do things i never even seen a human person perform. its stupid
That would be good but i doubt they will... what they could do is actually sell this costume with MS points. And yeah they did this before... DOAx2

I can understand there an achievement for doing survival on the hardest difficulty... I accept this one, even if it would be the only one i would miss, i would still accept this, but what piss me off to a degree is that its robbing me of a juicy 50 pts for unlocking all costumes.

Gears of War Legend

Last edited by Destro; 10-10-2012 at 12:35 AM.
Old 10-09-2012, 11:14 PM   #10
Xii

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destro View Post
That would be good but i doubt they will... what they could do is actually sell this costume with MS points, so we don't have to dit... And yeah they did before... DOAx2

I can understand there an achievement for doing survival on the hardest difficulty... I accept this one, even if it would be the only one i would miss, i would still accept this, but what piss me off to a degree is that its robbing me of a juicy 50 pts for unlocking all costumes.
And 100pts for unlocking all achievements....
Old 10-10-2012, 12:40 AM   #11
Destro

Destro WOD's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xii View Post
And 100pts for unlocking all achievements....
Yeah this one is pissing me off too. Why can't they just find the middle? I mean in GOW3 seriously was the worst horrific grindfest i ever had the displeasure to do, even if i played A LOT of GOW3 online, there was just so much shit wich where designed to be grinded offline. And then you have DOA5 who require you to be a DOA god to get the points...

For exemple if what i heard is true, having to get 300 out of the 500 something titles for the achievement is fine, THIS should be the norm for achievements... You ask for a decent ammount yet don't force people to get all the dumb ones or the hardest and impossible ones.

In GOW3 most people(including me) would had agree if seriously 3.0 would had been to get 30 Onyx medals.. around half the total... this way people could play as they see fit and it would still had been long.

Here what they could had do is settle for beating 50 in survival... half the total, and more importantly not link a costume to this...

Gears of War Legend
Old 10-10-2012, 11:31 PM   #12
Xii

Thx god i just finisht "Hard" and played champ and came to 57 like nothing. It felt like it was easier. I dont know about you guys but i think i build a mental wall or something that makes me lose easier when i starting to come a good way, some nervous shit...

btw i just used my main Jann Lee and kept it nice and easy....
Old 10-11-2012, 08:57 AM   #13
Xii

Hello again, just thought i would share my last survival play (died at 67 with my main Jann Lee, becuse i screwed it up), i dont know about ledgend but HARD and CHAMP felt about the same in difficulty. I read somewhere that CHAMP and up was about the same. If that´s the case i can see myself finishing this, becuse it´s not that hard afterall, when you haved played it over and over and over like a 100 times you starting to learn when you really need to focus and when you can relax a bit too build up your life again and how hard each character is.What combos work best and wich combos don´t work for certain chatacters and wich work better for others.

When you start (as we wrote before) the number 1-7 is really easy when nr 8 jumps in you most start to think about what you are doing and when you have kicked nr 10 ass, you can start to just do simpel combos over and over becuse 1-7, 11-17 and so on is almost a walk in the park. Here are where you want to build up you life again and then when nr 18 jumps in you want to have full lifebar and start taking it easy and after nr 20 you can do the build up life thing again. For what it seems this goes on to nr 100, just want to make it clear that i have NOT finisht this yet but this is just my thoughts, maybe it helps some one until we have ha real "cheating way".

1-100 is a lot and i think to keep your focus you need to pause when you have reacht say 40 and do something else for about 5min just to keep your focus at top and do that about 3-4 times.
Becuse when you die it´s almost every time you that do the wrong things and you know that that kick was not the best thing to do it´s just that you panic a little and messed it up, that goes for me at least

I know i will lose many times before im finisht with this, but i see a light in the tunnel now !

Last edited by Xii; 10-11-2012 at 09:16 AM.
Old 10-11-2012, 08:46 PM   #14
Destro

Destro WOD's Gamercard

Personally i will try with the Lei Fang method... if it gives me hight number i may try to get the 100... but well... we will see. But going normal i don't think i would had the patience... I guess in DOA4 i was able to to do not bad with Christie because i used her spamming combos but at one point they just counter and it was there i lost most of the time...

I know people with more thecniques than me could pull it off... but im not focus/patient enough for that it seem....

Gears of War Legend
Old 10-11-2012, 09:39 PM   #15
Dennoman

dennoman's Gamercard
I'm still looking at Hayate mostly. His 66KKK is still a serious wrecking ball of a move that will launch opponents from the first hit and knock them into walls. It greatly helped me in DOA4 Survival. Is there anyone here that actually completed that as well?

Dennoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 04:56 PM   #16
Dark Anaconda

I just need True Warrior,Master and Legend on Survival Mode and i`m done.

Just got Champ Mode done.

Fucking hate fighting against Kokoro and Sarah...they are definately the biggest problem for me in Survival Mode.

Akira`s and Kokoro`s fighting style are the same. Sometimes i have no chance against this fighting style of them.

I can handle Akira but Kokoro is still a problem.

Anyway...i will beat True Warrior soon enough.

Last edited by Dark Anaconda; 10-12-2012 at 05:10 PM.
Dark Anaconda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 10:22 PM   #17
dthurk

thurkinoff's Gamercard
Haven't tried going for it yet but I did both 100 survivals in DOA4 by juggling everyone that came at me with Ayane. I could have probably done it Leifang as well (used her in tag) since she has several moves that counter while attacking. But 400 in a row is an insanely tall order.

Also for characters that give you trouble; you have to completely master their move list so you know whats coming and your likelihood of successful counters goes way up.
dthurk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 01:03 PM   #18
Dark Anaconda

I only need Master and Legend Mode on Survival and i am done.

Shit just got serious for me.

Last edited by Dark Anaconda; 10-14-2012 at 02:17 PM.
Old 10-14-2012, 05:52 PM   #19
Xii

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Anaconda View Post
I only need Master and Legend Mode on Survival and i am done.

Shit just got serious for me.
Nice! That´s right don´t give up!!

On this site they give some good tips to...

http://www.doaworld.com/forums/index...orror-stories/
Old 10-14-2012, 09:16 PM   #20
ScizX

ScizX's Gamercard
Just beat hard with Hayate on 3rd try

Tried Champ with Hayabusa (7P -7K method on the harder enemies, and spamming 9K on the easy ones). Was a decent approach but failed at like 37... So guess Ill stick with Hayate's combos.

I read on that site that champ, true and master are all about equal difficulty. thats good to hear
Dead or Alive 4
Devil may Cry 4
Old 10-15-2012, 07:04 AM   #21
F TANK

F TANK's Gamercard
Question

Not sure if it happened to anyone else but the longer I played survival, the more the a.i seemed to stick to a routine. I got up to 90-something and all it did was block/turtle and box me in followed be mind games aka: input reading. The next few games started with the a.i acting the exact same way from the very beginning until it kicked my ass. I tried a day after on Champ again and was still doing it but I finally prevailed.
When I started the next difficulty, it was acting "normal" as can be
F TANK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 07:13 AM   #22
Xii

Quote:
Originally Posted by F TANK View Post
Not sure if it happened to anyone else but the longer I played survival, the more the a.i seemed to stick to a routine. I got up to 90-something and all it did was block/turtle and box me in followed be mind games aka: input reading. The next few games started with the a.i acting the exact same way from the very beginning until it kicked my ass. I tried a day after on Champ again and was still doing it but I finally prevailed.
When I started the next difficulty, it was acting "normal" as can be

Hmm weird... all i heard is that on Ledgend 90-100 is a BIAATCH! There is where true ledgend begins.

I have used Hayate the last times i tried and he works very well actually....
Old 10-15-2012, 11:04 AM   #23
Xii

I have been using Alpha-152 4 a while now and you can really spam her.

This strategy seems to work really great on the CPU even on the 8-10.

This is what i have been doing on CHAMP.

Just spam , , and mix them up, i also throw in some other moves when things getting hot, like cornerd or something just to get out of there....

Something that almost land every time is if the CPU is far away and running against you. The is very useful when getting up because she is slow when getting up, just hit that combo as fast as you can.

When she does the flying thing after some moves just hit to recover.

The best thing is that it goes fast to get to high numbers, i came to 36 in like 8min.

Well just wanted to share this..... maybe this is shit but right now it seems to work really good 4 me.

Edit: hehe someone else have tried this as well.
http://www.doaworld.com/forums/index...vival-exploit/

Edit2: If you try this out plz let me know what you think!

Last edited by Xii; 10-15-2012 at 03:09 PM.
Old 10-15-2012, 07:37 PM   #24
Dark Anaconda

I only need Survival on Legend and im done.

Now the true challenge awaits me.

EDIT: On my first try i died at Round 44 ,damn...

I have a bad feeling that i will reach Round 90 and then i will probably die at Round 92 or something like that , some of u guys know what it means to fight against Legend Enemys.

Its not like Arcade or Time Survival where you can start from Level 1 (it takes u like 10-12 Minutes maybe) to reach Level 8

BUT if you die on survival on Legend (at wave 85 - 99) > this sucks... anyway...

Last edited by Dark Anaconda; 10-15-2012 at 08:06 PM.
Old 10-15-2012, 08:33 PM   #25
ScizX

ScizX's Gamercard
Quote:
I have been using Alpha-152 4 a while now and you can really spam her.

This strategy seems to work really great on the CPU even on the 8-10.

This is what i have been doing on CHAMP.

Just spam , , and mix them up, i also throw in some other moves when things getting hot, like cornerd or something just to get out of there....

Something that almost land every time is if the CPU is far away and running against you. The is very useful when getting up because she is slow when getting up, just hit that combo as fast as you can.

When she does the flying thing after some moves just hit to recover.

The best thing is that it goes fast to get to high numbers, i came to 36 in like 8min.

Well just wanted to share this..... maybe this is shit but right now it seems to work really good 4 me.

Edit: hehe someone else have tried this as well.
http://www.doaworld.com/forums/index...vival-exploit/

Edit2: If you try this out plz let me know what you think!
Tried it, got to 40-something. Dont like it that when you get downed and have to get up youll probably get damaged a shitton more. Anything against that?
Dead or Alive 4
Devil may Cry 4
Old 10-15-2012, 08:49 PM   #26
Xii

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScizX View Post
Tried it, got to 40-something. Dont like it that when you get downed and have to get up youll probably get damaged a shitton more. Anything against that?
Sorry the only thing i use is as fast i can after she gets up, its seems to work. Maybe on the link i posted they say something....
Old 10-15-2012, 09:17 PM   #27
ScizX

ScizX's Gamercard
Quote:
Sorry the only thing i use is as fast i can after she gets up, its seems to work. Maybe on the link i posted they say something....
Ill try it again tomorrow with alpha. Hayate seems fine too with 3H+K, K, P in ropes then 4PP, and his 66KKK move, but meh it just feels like the chore DOA4 was all over again. I just limit myself to 2-3 tries a day, cuz its too frustrating.
Dead or Alive 4
Devil may Cry 4
Old 10-15-2012, 11:32 PM   #28
Xii

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScizX View Post
Ill try it again tomorrow with alpha. Hayate seems fine too with 3H+K, K, P in ropes then 4PP, and his 66KKK move, but meh it just feels like the chore DOA4 was all over again. I just limit myself to 2-3 tries a day, cuz its too frustrating.
I hear ya!!

This is just so damn....ahhh don´t know what to say have spent hours and HOURS on this shit and my record is 67. I know im not the best player but I know that i dont suck, damn i was SS on doa4.

CHAMP:
1.Hayate-67
2.Alpha152-63
3.JannLee-58
4.Christie-47
5.Ryu-47
6.Lifang-39
7.Tina-18

Think im going to stick with Alpha and master her becuse it seems like she is a good choice, this guy made it with hear on champ.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...v=xH8vmrUXbPA#!

btw DarkAnaconda who are you using when you play, plz share your tactic with us??!

Last edited by Xii; 10-15-2012 at 11:44 PM.
Old 10-16-2012, 05:30 AM   #29
Dark Anaconda

@Xii: I simply use my best characters: Ryu, Hayate and Kasumi.

I try to avoid using the same move twice, i use different moves and combos.

There are people from Korea, Taiwan, Japan and China they are also playing with their favourite characters.

The most important thing to me was:

1) know the game mechanics
2) know how to counter attacks
3) know all the characters, practice against them on 1 Vs 1 fight (Legend Difficulty) if you have major problems against a specific character
4) If you play with your favourite characters, you should know how to juggle + 10 hit combo all the time
5) if the AI has 50% health (red glowing life bar) they will try to "Critical Stun you" > and immdediately after that > Power Blow > you are dead /almost dead > so take care!

You must have the will ,the patience and u must spend your time in this game, if you want to beat it.

Otherwise u can wait till somebody makes a guide or finds out some cheap tactic to make survival easier.

Anyway , i wish you good luck.
Old 10-16-2012, 07:51 AM   #30
Kayin

Kayin Amoh's Gamercard

Here's how I did it.While I find using your favourite character an admirable goal, I'd rather just use someone that works than a character I like who'll get slapped down as soon as the AI goes rampant.