PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 LIVE Arcade Games > Racing > Trials: Evolution
Subscribe    Donate

Old 10-06-2012, 11:40 PM   #1
Rageba

x SKYLARKS x's Gamercard
Uphill Struggle Help

Does anyone have any tips for this i have been trying for hours to get gold and cannot get past the landmine part around 50m

Cheers
Old 10-07-2012, 12:48 AM   #2
Nevander

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze   Referrals - Bronze   Road Map - Silver   Achievement Guide - Silver   5,000 Posts
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
The only good advice I can really give having gotten gold myself is to just memorize the jumps and know when to accelerate/slow down, push forward, push back, etc.

Took me a little over 40 or so tries to at least grab gold.

Good luck!
Old 10-07-2012, 12:34 PM   #3
Rageba

x SKYLARKS x's Gamercard
wow 40 tries, i have been at it for 5 hours and cannot consistently get the 50m mark without faulting and when i do that's where it goes tits up. I just cannot get enough speed without flipping.
Old 10-07-2012, 01:26 PM   #4
Evo Kazz

II Kazz II's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Arcade Crazy - Silver   Over Achiever - Platinum   Donator - Level 1   5,000 Posts   Staff Club - DEG23   Staff Club - Madhatters13   Staff Club - Shinobi273   Staff Club - DeekBoy   Staff Club - Rajeanero   Staff Club - Minty   Staff Club - Tyger7   Brick Builders & Busters Franchise Club - Tier 3
Total Awards: 28 (more» ...)
I can get over the fence area, but then I cant get past the next area, with the small vertical jumps

Arcade Crazy - 26 - Over Achiever - 54 - XB1 Points - 36
Franchise Clubs - 5x Tier 1, 3x Tier 2, 1x Tier 3
Staff Clubs - 10

Evo Kazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 01:43 PM   #5
ChickinOnaChain

Awards Showcase 5,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
As fun as this game is, it's one of the most frustrating for me. I was able to get gold on a few of the lower levels but that was all. The ones who got gold on them all...my hat's off to them.

ChickinOnaChain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 02:48 PM   #6
Evo Kazz

II Kazz II's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Arcade Crazy - Silver   Over Achiever - Platinum   Donator - Level 1   5,000 Posts   Staff Club - DEG23   Staff Club - Madhatters13   Staff Club - Shinobi273   Staff Club - DeekBoy   Staff Club - Rajeanero   Staff Club - Minty   Staff Club - Tyger7   Brick Builders & Busters Franchise Club - Tier 3
Total Awards: 28 (more» ...)
I'm tempted to just throw this by the wayside with a couple other games I can't be bothered getting frustrated over, Redlynx made a hard achievement in HD and they changed it cos everyone cried, then they release a game thats more newbie friendly, and everyone loves it, it was a hit, then this DLC comes and shits all over the novices, it's so pro friendly.

The Extreme Tracks I read you can fault around 16 times each fair enough, and apparently event he hardest one is easier than anything in HD Xtremes, but my issue is this fucking wheelie bullshit, and mainly, the worst of all, Uphill Struggle, my limit is 45m, how u reach 78m I'll never know. I have watched the leaderboards but it's mostly elite players who make it look so easy and that doesn't help us. I'm 31 and throwing a pissy fit lmao, fuck this DLC.

Arcade Crazy - 26 - Over Achiever - 54 - XB1 Points - 36
Franchise Clubs - 5x Tier 1, 3x Tier 2, 1x Tier 3
Staff Clubs - 10

Evo Kazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 09:39 AM   #7
Dog Face

In Marshall's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Silver   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Might be a little late here but oh well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rageba View Post
wow 40 tries, i have been at it for 5 hours and cannot consistently get the 50m mark without faulting and when i do that's where it goes tits up. I just cannot get enough speed without flipping.
Quote:
Originally Posted by evokazz View Post
I can get over the fence area, but then I cant get past the next area, with the small vertical jumps
Quote:
Originally Posted by evokazz View Post
The Extreme Tracks I read you can fault around 16 times each fair enough, and apparently event he hardest one is easier than anything in HD Xtremes, but my issue is this fucking wheelie bullshit, and mainly, the worst of all, Uphill Struggle, my limit is 45m, how u reach 78m I'll never know. I have watched the leaderboards but it's mostly elite players who make it look so easy and that doesn't help us. I'm 31 and throwing a pissy fit lmao, fuck this DLC.
To get past this part you need to land with your back tire first, then set your front tire down. Then feather the gas to stay on the ramp. Slowly gas until your back tire is past the curved ramp part (The thing that looks like a bunch of planks together.) Once it's past that you're going to want to slowly gas until you're holding accelerate all the way down. You should launch over the mines. You're going to want to land back tire first again, then set down the front wheel. Gas lightly to stay on. Feel free to gas to the top and slide back down (gassing as needed to stay on) until you're ready to accelerate to the metal roof. From here you're going to want to keep accelerating until you get to where it curves. You need to bunny hop to the next part. You'll land on a tire ramp. This part is easy. From there you need to ramp over some fire. You should be able to just jump this (Feel free to bunny hop if you aren't sure.) Land back tire first, then front tire again. Tack you're time here as you're one jump away from 78m. All you need to do is jump to the next part and you're there.
Old 11-22-2012, 09:39 PM   #8
adamrulz

adamrulz's Gamercard
Are you guys using the Phoenix? If not, try it for a while and get used to it. So much more control and work on your landings for the vertical ramps. Can take a lot of feathering of the throttle, but you'll get the hang of it.

Bean Diving over at TA.
adamrulz is offline   Reply With Quote