PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Main Hub > Discussion Boards > Kinect > Kinect PlayFit
Subscribe    Donate

Old 10-08-2012, 09:35 PM   #1
Daeymon

daeymon's Gamercard
Disneyland Adventures

So far this game has counted no calories what so ever but so far I've only been exploring and done the firework display. Does it only count calories when you do the activities?

Update: I can't figure out for the life of me how this game rewards calories. Some sessions I get none, others I get like 1000 calories. But as long as I'm getting something I'm happy.

Last edited by Daeymon; 11-05-2012 at 11:52 AM.
Daeymon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 04:33 PM   #2
CuteTXKitty

Send a message via Yahoo to CuteTXKitty

cuteTXkitty's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Gamer Chick!
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Gotcha.. walking around rewards such a low amount of calories, that you can't expect anything from it. The real high calorie-burn rewards come in when you do mini-games, especially ones where you are moving your whole body. My favorites are flying and swimming games. The swimming with Nemo one is good (where you are running away from the shark). Also, Winnie the Pooh's first one where you are hanging by a balloon is good. And Peter Pan's flying levels are really good too.

Fireworks and dancing have very little amounts. And walking around to find hidden mickys and other secrets are even less. So if you are going for calorie count, just do "Fastpass" and do the minigames that require more movement.
CuteTXKitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 12:12 PM   #3
Baihu1983

Baihu1983's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Yeah its the mini games. Have over 300 Cals from this so far.

3rd November 2012 - Joined the 100K club

IF YOU SEND ME A FRIEND REQUEST OVER LIVE PLEASE ALSO SEND A MESSAGE SAYING WHY?

Raptar
Voice

Baihu1983 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 04:50 PM   #4
Capn Doug
Community Completionist

Capn Doug XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - Nozza x360a   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 3   I Can Read! NTSC-J Challenge Club - Tier 3   Community Gaming - Gold   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 2   Scratch the SURFACE Challenge Club - Tier 2   Green Thumb - Bronze   I Can Read! NTSC-J Challenge Club - Tier 2   Best of XBLA Challenge Club - Tier 1   CABS Beta Tester   Staff Club - Rajeanero   XBA Representer
Total Awards: 42 (more» ...)
Just playing through the game naturally should get you a fair number of calories burned. By the time I had most of the platinum medals, I had burned some 3700 calories using my actual weight. That was in about a week of playing. Not sure what games get you the most, but it shouldn't be too difficult to tell what gets you more. If you are working up a sweat, you are probably burning a lot of calories.
Old 01-22-2013, 08:03 PM   #5
Foxxy kyle

Foxxy Kyle's Gamercard

Awards Showcase You ARE the Controller Challenge Club - Tier 1   Road Map - Platinum   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Submit - Diamond   Micro Guide - Silver   XBA Promoter   2,500 Posts   Achievement Guide - Gold   Over Achiever - Bronze   Referrals - Bronze   A+ Thread Award   Bright Idea
Total Awards: 12 (more» ...)
So far I have burned about 300 calories doing nothing but walking around he park taking pictures. I am sure I will be burning well over a few thousand getting all of the platinum medals.

I would say this is a good game to play if you want to to work on Kinect Playfit. Work for the 1000 in this game, and it will help you a lot in Playfit.
Old 01-23-2013, 08:40 PM   #6
Xtowers

Xtowers's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)
I have 37 calories burned from this game. Great workout.

Xtowers is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 02:37 AM   #7
Floorkiller

threehaddock62's Gamercard
I'm having a similar problem, but x3....

Kinect Sports season 2
Dance Central 2
Dance Central 3

NONE of these games are registering Burned Calories on Kinect Playfit
Floorkiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 11:48 PM   #8
lucysdiamondsky

Ladymoj0's Gamercard
Make sure you have the active/sweat mode activated on DC 2 & 3. I accidentally played a bunch on those games before I realized I had to turn on calorie counting.
Old 09-06-2013, 10:37 AM   #9
mamaani2nd

mamaani2nd's Gamercard
too many mini games. i wont play more. so crazy game.
mamaani2nd is offline   Reply With Quote