PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Sports and Fitness > NHL 13
Subscribe    Donate

Old 10-09-2012, 06:25 AM   #1
SiLeNt Sc0pE 16

I Draxus I's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Bronze   Road Map - Bronze   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
Selke Issue

I have heard of this happening to other people too but I never understood how to fix the issue. I am in my 2nd season as a two-way forward center for the Tampa Bay Lightning and I have the Selke tracker which tells me my ranking for the trophy. I am leading the league in +/- and takeaways but I'm ranked 7 for the Selke. I'm not sure what else I can do to increase my ranking. Any ideas?

Completed Retail: 41
Completed Arcade: 25
Most Proud Completion: Perfect Dark Zero

3rd Place in the Halo 4 Spartan Ops Infinity Challenge

Last edited by SiLeNt Sc0pE 16; 10-09-2012 at 05:09 PM.
SiLeNt Sc0pE 16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 07:34 AM   #2
acdougla17

Th3 Dude I7's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Road Map - Bronze   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Kepp progressing through the year just get to the next season and make sure to spend all your XP as soon as possible. I believe you get bonus XP for winning the cup as well as some of the other trophies so spend that as soon as you get it as well. You are going to want to get all the stats up as high as you can (85 or higher) in stick checking, def awareness, shot blocking, faceoffs, hand eye, passing, strength, body checking, aggressiveness (obviously some skills are more important than others and you will want to get them in the 90's). Dont waste any attributes on shot power/accuracy.
  • Now simulate to the next season all the way up to the first regular season game (don't sim it yet).
  • Make a save (SAVE#1).
  • Keep simulating the first game of the season and checking the Selke progression. If you are in the top 10, make a seperate save (SAVE#2).
  • Keep simulating the second games until you move up at least 2 positions in the ranking. Once you have, create a final save (SAVE#3).
  • Now you are going to want to keep doing 1 game at a time and make sure you go up at least 1 position per game. Alternate between saving on SAVE#2 and SAVE#3.
  • Once you have reached the #1 position. Feel free to try simulating 2 or so games at a time. But if you drop in rank, reload the last save.
  • If there is a gap in the schedule where your team doesn't play for 5+ days, you will probably drop in rank. But once your team is playing again you should move back up. You will want to take it 1 game at a time until you are back to #1 however.
  • Don't get lazy! Always reload your save if you drop in position (unless during a gap)!
  • Make sure to spend XP whenever you have enough.
PRE-PATCH MARATHON Trials HD- (10/3/09-11:38 PM)

acdougla17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 05:23 PM   #3
SiLeNt Sc0pE 16

I Draxus I's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Bronze   Road Map - Bronze   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Donator - Level 1
This is a good strategy but are you saying to go into my 3rd season? Will the Selke tracker still be in the season expectations?

Old 10-09-2012, 05:34 PM   #4
acdougla17

Th3 Dude I7's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Road Map - Bronze   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Submit - Bronze
The tracker shows up if the coach gives you a goal for finishing in X place in Selke voting. So as long as you are in the top 15 or so, it should be there the next season (you might be able to be ranked even lower).

Old 10-12-2012, 04:01 AM   #5
SweptbackFlame

SweptbackFlame's Gamercard
I did it in my first season as a power forward...

I played all 3rd periods of every game. And had about 113 takeaways which placed me third... Mostly the easiest way I found to get them was to poke check or stick lift when the guy is going into the corners for the defensive zone as he almost never turns to go back the other way.

Also had about 280 points. with a 228 +/- rating. When I finished the season I got all player trophies a forward could get. I mean you could just do the final 5 minutes of the game, but in terms of getting takeaways you might not get as many. Which may not help you get the achievement on the first season.
Old 10-12-2012, 04:08 AM   #6
acdougla17

Th3 Dude I7's Gamercard

The problem is that I also had finished a season where I had over 170 takeaways, was first in +/-, points and still didnt win. I think I came in 6th or 8th in Selke voting. It almost seems like none of these stats matter at all, and there is something the game is basing it on that we just don't know.

Old 10-14-2012, 11:47 PM   #7
Freewillfour6

Freewillfour6's Gamercard
A good strategy I found while doing this is that if you are on the top PK unit, high points and +/- should be enough. However, if you don't make your teams PK unit or get taken off through the season, turn penalties off. That way, other Selke candidates that boost their stats from PK'ing won't be as big of a threat.
Freewillfour6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 07:50 PM   #8
CanuckLefty

canucklefty's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Do I have the option to edit my player's type (e.g., to "Two-way Forward") mid-career, the way I can in EASHL?
Old 10-17-2012, 05:24 AM   #9
SiLeNt Sc0pE 16

I Draxus I's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanuckLefty View Post
Do I have the option to edit my player's type (e.g., to "Two-way Forward") mid-career, the way I can in EASHL?
As far as I know, you can only do it at the beginning of the season.

So I ended up getting the Selke achievement earlier this week. I used Th3 Dude I7's method mostly. At the point you become rank 1 on the tracker, I saved my game. I would sim the season day by day and save each day I was still rank 1. After 4 games of simming, I would join the 5th game, score a goal then quit. If I was still rank 1 after this, I would save again. Just remember, sim the season DAY BY DAY and save after each successful day. It takes a while but it is the only guaranteed method of winning the Selke trophy.

Old 10-29-2012, 04:18 AM   #10
SHMEEDIDDY

SHMEEDIDDY's Gamercard
Im having a REAL hard time for this ach. Ive tried two-three times. The 3rd time I played 3rd periods as Center being a power forward , changed the sliders for my advantage, and all 82 1/3 games and nothing. This was my 1st season stats 250 points, +251, 81 GV and 95 TK. I'am I doing something wrong here?
SHMEEDIDDY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 10:33 PM   #11
SiLeNt Sc0pE 16

I Draxus I's Gamercard

SHMEEDIDDY, I noticed that it really has nothing to do with your stats. I only had a +/- of +13 when I got it. Do the method I said before where you save after each day you are still rank 1. This is the only guaranteed method.

Old 10-30-2012, 05:51 AM   #12
SHMEEDIDDY

SHMEEDIDDY's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by SiLeNt Sc0pE 16 View Post
SHMEEDIDDY, I noticed that it really has nothing to do with your stats. I only had a +/- of +13 when I got it. Do the method I said before where you save after each day you are still rank 1. This is the only guaranteed method.
Where does it show Selke Trophy stats, I checked Milestones, and when I shows NHL and have the (Y) it doenst unlock to veiw, just ALL/NHL/AHL/CHL. Nothing more. I have a Privious File of my standard reg. play no sliders adjusted. and from there after my 1st season playing for ST. L, and winning the cup, then asked for a trade, I picked Buffalo for my second season, and checked the Milestones area of Season Expectations or Career Expectations, does not show anyting of Selke J. Trophy, On the Buffalo File, when I started playing BAP after a week of release. Thats been like that since day one, and I tried your way. Start a New play file on T.B and I became Centre Power Forward, and did what I explained...any more tips or parts of the game I am missing would be appritiated!!
SHMEEDIDDY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 06:40 AM   #13
SiLeNt Sc0pE 16

I Draxus I's Gamercard

It tells you your ranking for the Selke under "Season Expectations" which I believe is under "My Pro".

Old 11-07-2012, 02:13 AM   #14
NUCKlehead

hi, I have been doing acdougla17's method, but I'm actually having trouble because i'm in stuck in a 6 day gap. I try to sim them, and then play the games to get back to first place, but there is no way I can do it. What are you guys doing exactly in the gaps ? do you still try to control your position in the ranks ? Thanks a lot.
NUCKlehead is offline   Reply With Quote