Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooters > Dishonored
Subscribe    Donate

Old 10-09-2012, 10:28 PM   #1
GuidoNGR

dontVanek's Gamercard
How's everyones experiences thus far?

In my opinion it's a great game so far but I think they might have over sold it. The previews and trailers made it look like there was so much more, not that i'm disappointed or anything but yeah.
Old 10-09-2012, 11:23 PM   #2
seahn

Send a message via MSN to seahn

seahn's Gamercard
I dont think they oversold it at all. I'm starting my game with the stealthy approach, no kill (other than a few rats) and although I feel I'm missing out on allot of the combat, I know when I get to my second playthrough, all that combat will be brand new to me, and a truly separate playthrough will be ahead of me.

I do feel as if they didn't leave much to discover as far as abilities, but thats ok.
To me it seems like they streamlined allot of mechanics. Take the treasure system for example. Instead of collecting these items, and selling them manually to the engineer or whomever, it does it for you, and automatically counts it towards your currency. Which basically means when you get to home base, its all the quicker to getting back into the action (or sneaking)

seahn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 12:40 AM   #3
Zeppelin 856

xXKILL CREEKXx's Gamercard
The immediate thing I noticed was this Half Life 2 vibe with the city design and the art direction. I'm trying to take the stealthy aproach the first time through.
Zeppelin 856 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 01:38 AM   #4
bigbear2face

bigbear2face's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeppelin 856 View Post
The immediate thing I noticed was this Half Life 2 vibe with the city design and the art direction. I'm trying to take the stealthy aproach the first time through.

Yeah...I had serious Half-Life 2 flashes while playing today as well...Similar but very different in key ways.

Alea Iacta Est
MAL

bigbear2face is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 01:42 AM   #5
silentcradle6680

Silentcradle's Gamercard
I think it's a great game so far, bit disappointed that it wasn't as open world as I thought it would be. It reminds me a lot like bioshock cross with deus ex (dunno if anyone else gets that impression)

I am currently going for a cause a lot of chaos with weapons and spells over stealth which I will probably do on my second playthrough.

Just curious what skills are people buying early on in the game other then blink of course.
silentcradle6680 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 01:49 AM   #6
tunaleg

Tunaleg's Gamercard
I'm finding it difficult to do stealth with a first person view. Reminds me of Thief. I do like the combat though so it's ok. Graphic style reminds me of TF2
tunaleg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 02:22 AM   #7
Wilkz07

wilkz07's Gamercard
Having a good time so far. Tried to do stealthy but now i kill everything. It is in desperate need of a hi res texture patch. Ayone else think so too?
Wilkz07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 02:23 AM   #8
Zeppelin 856

xXKILL CREEKXx's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilkz07 View Post
Having a good time so far. Tried to do stealthy but now i kill everything. It is in desperate need of a hi res texture patch. Ayone else think so too?
Kind of noticed some murky textures here and there, but the colors are so friggin' vibrant. I like the smoke particle effects too. They nice.
Old 10-10-2012, 02:57 AM   #9
xCGIx PUNISHER

xpunskis's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
The only thing I do not like is that there seems to be random times where you get caught sneaking. Especially when it comes to bodies and raising alarms. Went through an entire level, never got seen once, and it said I raised 2 alarms.
xCGIx PUNISHER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 06:25 AM   #10
mnwlkr

Mnwlkr's Gamercard
Watching the trailers, I thought this to be a open-world game.
When I started playing it, I was a bit disappointed.
But after I have played it for a while, I am addicted to it.
I would say it's a half-open-world. And I have no reluctance to closed games either.

So if you asked me a few day ago, yes.
Now? No.
But it's a bit "mis-sold".
mnwlkr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 06:36 AM   #11
StolenPaper18

StolenPaper18's Gamercard

Awards Showcase XBA Promoter   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Bronze   1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilkz07 View Post
It is in desperate need of a hi res texture patch. Ayone else think so too?
This was the first thing I thought when I started playing. I dont usually care much about graphics but some things seem to be almost blurry. Maybe that's just the art style? Idk.

I've enjoyed the little bit that I played earlier. Anxious to really get into it this weekend. Gameplay seems pretty solid.
Old 10-10-2012, 06:54 AM   #12
xDAx AWESOME

Send a message via AIM to xDAx AWESOME

xDAx AWESOME's Gamercard
Its alright. Finished it a bit ago. It never really opens up. Only the last two missions.
xDAx AWESOME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 07:52 AM   #13
IDiivil

Send a message via AIM to IDiivil

idiivil's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Gamer Chick!
Playing this on another gamertag in case I don't like it and don't want to finish the achievements...

General opinion on it is that it's totally oversold. Not particularly a fan of the story or graphics. The gameplay and stealth is great, though

Like my avatar? If so, you can see more of my modeling work at http://www.facebook.com/idiivil
IDiivil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 11:27 AM   #14
coloneilfrost

coloneilfrost's Gamercard
it as a biohock feel to it
Old 10-10-2012, 01:52 PM   #15
Milksha

Can't wait to play this.. Art direction looks really good
Milksha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 03:21 PM   #16
Opiate42

Location: Canada, likely stuck in a snowdrift...with no shovel

Opiate42's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Silver   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Submit - Bronze   XBA Promoter   Staff Club - DEG23   Over Achiever - Bronze   5,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 8 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbear2face View Post
Yeah...I had serious Half-Life 2 flashes while playing today as well...Similar but very different in key ways.
HL2 <3

OT: So far my experience has been horrible!!!

Let me clarify: I do not have the game in hand yet. So the wait for it to arrive is what is awful.

...and as a Canadian I keep spelling it Dishonoured by habit. So it doesn't show up when I search.... bugger it all.

"Hit it"
Opiate42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 04:38 PM   #17
Axel Desade

CherryAvalanche's Gamercard
I'd like to say I enjoy the game, but I really really really suck at it so it's a bit hard to get in to it. I just need to get used to being a bit more stealthy and get the hang of how to use powers. Good game in general though.

Axel Desade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 05:56 PM   #18
Spock

N7 Spock's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Over Achiever - Bronze   Donator - Level 1
I just finished it a few minutes ago and I agree that it was hyped up by the devs a bit more than it should have been. It's not exactly what I thought it would be where things would be hidden that could change the outcome of missions. I thought that taking out targets without killing them would be a challenge, but the game throws all the options at you and you just pick the alternative each time and that's that.

It seems like the devs mislead me in their videos on the game. I thought there would be a lot more to it and didn't think I'd ever be able to finish it in about 8 hours on my first playthrough. That's still a decent time compared to other games (with multiplayer...) and I'll play through it again; maybe twice, but I still feel like they exaggerated a lot of points when talking about the game.

Still a great game, but it feels like it should have been $40 instead of $60.

I like bitching threads.
Spock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 07:10 PM   #19
The Bum-Mobile

Mr Shenanigans's Gamercard
Played for a couple of hours yesterday and I think it's fantastic. This year's BioShock. I'm going for a super-stealth, nonlethal playthrough (On Hard!) To me that's the best part of games like this. Then a second, insanely violent playthrough will be satisfying.

The Bum-Mobile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 03:51 AM   #20
xIRioTx

x blood vortex's Gamercard
To be honest, it's a great game, but i regret spending 60 dollars on it. It's fun for a while, but then it gets kind of aggravating when you have to constantly save the game. I'm probably just going to try and beat the game before Friday and then try and sell it for 40-45 bucks to one of my friends or take it back to Gamestop for 30. I just needed something to hold me over until Assassin's Creed 3 comes out because i was getting sick of Borderlands 2, but this really isn't doing it for me.
xIRioTx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 05:19 AM   #21
Annihil88torr

Annihil88tor's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1
I personally love it, it's like a mix of Bioshock and Assassin's Creed for me.

instagram: andrewcool8
Annihil88torr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 06:56 AM   #22
Crimson Ridley

Awards Showcase Subscriber - Bronze   Staff Club - DEG23   Over Achiever - Platinum   Staff Club - dakisbac   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Referrals - Bronze   5,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1   Word of Mouth
Total Awards: 9 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opiate42 View Post
HL2 <3

OT: So far my experience has been horrible!!!

Let me clarify: I do not have the game in hand yet. So the wait for it to arrive is what is awful.

...and as a Canadian I keep spelling it Dishonoured by habit. So it doesn't show up when I search.... bugger it all.
Exactly this. Being in the UK, I have to wait until tomorrow for the game, and I constantly spell the title with a 'u' in it. It's a lot harder than I thought to deliberately omit a letter. :/
Crimson Ridley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 11:18 AM   #23
oragomy

Oragomy's Gamercard
To me, this reminds me of Bioshock. Special powers in one hand and weapons in another.
Old 10-11-2012, 02:51 PM   #24
Dragonmaster700

Dragonmaster700's Gamercard
Honestly, I havent been so hooked by a game right off the bat since Bioshock. Im totally digging the story, setting and graphics style, and the gameplay is just sweet. This just might be my personal GotY, and its certainly the best new IP of the year. I just hope it sells well because I really want to see this become a franchise.

It really kinda does have a Bioshock feel to it, not that thats a bad thing. If anything thats a big plus, not many games are able to pull off that kind of quality.

Last edited by Dragonmaster700; 10-11-2012 at 02:54 PM.
Dragonmaster700 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 03:14 PM   #25
lovemetal423

Send a message via AIM to lovemetal423

lovemetal423's Gamercard
I think that the game is good so far but everything about the marketing of it has given me the impression that it would be different. Im enjoying it but feel that it could be better. I also think that the timing of the release was not too good for it either, if it was released in the summer when there weren't so many other games coming out then I would be on it 24/7 but with borderlands, resident evil and other games set to come out in the next few weeks I think that overshadows the game. It takes a while to get used to the gameplay and I find myself saving at points just to switch back to borderlands for a more leisurely experience, maybe I'm just too tired after work to put the effort into playing the game but it seems difficult at parts, which is fine with me since I enjoy a challenge in a game but don't feel like being bothered with it. So to sum it up with my experience of it so far it's a good game but does not meet the hype of it. Im kinda dreading knowing that I have to play the story at least twice for the achievements if not more I feel like this is one of those play through once games for me but I haven't finished it yet so maybe I'll end up enjoying it more later in the story.

Last edited by lovemetal423; 10-11-2012 at 03:16 PM. Reason: misspell
lovemetal423 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 04:48 PM   #26
Jack Frost

MEETSP1NNER's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Knife in the Dark Challenge Club - Tier 1   Artist of the Month   Community Gaming - Bronze   Brick Builders & Busters Franchise Club - Tier 2   Brick Builders & Busters Franchise Club - Tier 1   Micro Guide - Bronze   Over Achiever - Silver   1,000 Posts   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 9 (more» ...)
Reminds me immensely of the Thief games, which is not a bad thing at all. Especially since I don't have high hopes that Thief 4 will ever happen...

The only thing that's frustrating me is that I have to kill people for those achievements. My default was to stealth all the way through the game and I'm kind of on auto pilot.

I've missed a few kills that would've netted me achievements and I've had to remind myself that this isn't my total stealth playthrough yet...
Jack Frost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 04:56 PM   #27
exeleta

Send a message via Skype™ to exeleta

exeleta's Gamercard
not bad to be honoust.
exeleta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 05:16 PM   #28
skeebear

Woolou's Gamercard
Meh, I dont like it that much. I didnt realise that it was such a stealthy game which I am not very good at all, so its more down to my non-review of the game more than the game itself.

It's already on Ebay to sell, lol. Back to Borderlands 2 for me. Hope the rest of you guys continue to enjoy!
skeebear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 05:33 PM   #29
tunaleg

Tunaleg's Gamercard
Awesome, my fave game this year besides Trials Ev. I just finished the bridge mission which I particularly liked. Overall I'm reminded of some of my favorite games: Bioshock, HL2 and Mirror's Edge. I enjoy how you're totally free to play as you see fit, I've played through levels using complete stealth and total recklessness and both were fun.
I don't get why people are saying they were misled to how the game would be. I was expecting open ended levels, that's what we got, very similar to Hitman.
tunaleg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 06:01 PM   #30
Nitnoid

haZZmaTTaZZ's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by skeebear View Post
Meh, I dont like it that much. I didnt realise that it was such a stealthy game which I am not very good at all, so its more down to my non-review of the game more than the game itself.

It's already on Ebay to sell, lol. Back to Borderlands 2 for me. Hope the rest of you guys continue to enjoy!
Did you actually read or listen to ANYTHING about the game before you purchased it? I mean, all along they've been talking about how you can stealth your way through or go guns (or powers) blazing.

Not so sure the Devs were at fault with over-selling the game as much as the people who had hands-on time with it prior to release. "We played it at such-and-such show and it was unlike anything I've ever played before!". Meh. I find it mediocre so far, nothing really stands out and nothing is blatantly awful about the game.
Nitnoid is offline   Reply With Quote