Subscribe    Donate

Old 10-14-2012, 06:18 PM   #121
Mr Yac

Mr Yac's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bblue2344 View Post
The video for the art of the steal has skipped a few steps. I discovered, via another website, that a key is required to enter the art dealer's apartment. It may be helpful to others using this guide to know that the key is given to you from a woman in the alley past the first wall of the light, and watchtower, underneath clavering blvd. where you witness the fight between the city watch and the bottle street gang member in mission 2.
you don't need the key, the door on the upstairs balcony (the one overlooking the doctors house you found Slackjaws missing man in) is unlocked
Mr Yac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 06:32 PM   #122
Jesseeh

HaloJesse's Gamercard
Hornets' Nest - 20
You killed 4 enemies in less than 1 second using the crossbow

For this you will need either Bend Time or Bend Time 2, and Crossbow Reload Speed so your Crossbow automatically reloads after each shot. Once you have those, just find a group of rats to kill.

That is not necessary for the achievement.

I started from Mission 8 - The Loyalists. There is Tallboy outside of the Pub (which you can ignore), two guys having a chitchat, third guy just about to go inside the Pub and there should be two guys inside the Pub.

Run for the door, open it and stay there. Use your Bend Time 2, then immeadietly equip your crossbow, shoot two guys inside the Pub and two guys outside the Pub. There's 5 guys (+ Tallboy) in that small area, so it should be easy to get.

At least that's how I got mine!

Also couple of useful videos for some of the achievements in there:
This is Mine -10
You recovered your belongings
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eCkh-nmQnq0

Back Home - 10
You grabbed a live grenade and threw it back, killing an attacker

Just something I wanted to put up.

EDIT: Hmm.. getting Server Errors for videos.. :S
Jesseeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 05:27 AM   #123
shadowr4ven

Shadow XBL's Gamercard
Quote:
Bodyguard - 10
You protected Callista's uncle, Captain Geoff Curnow

When you finally reach the meeting room, there will be two glasses on the table in the middle of the room. Either destroy them both for a nonlethal solution, or switch the glasses so the Overseer poisons himself. If you chose the first option, you'll need to follow the men down to the basement, where the Overseer will show Captain Curnow a painting, and pull out a sword to kill him while his back is turned. That's your queue to move in and take out the Overseer, so Cpt Curnow realizes you're saving him, otherwise he will call the guards. The achievement will pop once Curnow walks off the property by himself.
I got Bodyguard by knocking over both glasses, and when they walk into the hall I sleep dart both of them. Then I do the chair thing with Campbell and take Curnow out to the "safe hiding spot". After you take the ferry it pops. You don't have to go to all the trouble of following them and popping out when he tries to kill him.
Old 10-15-2012, 05:25 PM   #124
OniDestiny

OniDestiny's Gamercard
In the Prison they found a sleeping Soldier... do i have restart the entire Game or doesn't it count for the "Ghost" Achievement?
OniDestiny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 05:33 PM   #125
Gackt
Banned User

Awards Showcase Staff Club - Gackt   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Gold   SOTF Winner   GSL 8 Winners   The Helping Hand   Bright Idea   Word of Mouth   Donator - Level 1   Submit - Bronze   Artist of the Month
Total Awards: 15 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by OniDestiny View Post
In the Prison they found a sleeping Soldier... do i have restart the entire Game or doesn't it count for the "Ghost" Achievement?
They found a few bodies after I escaped the prison level, but it had no effect on my achievement.
Gackt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 06:00 PM   #126
OniDestiny

OniDestiny's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gackt View Post
They found a few bodies after I escaped the prison level, but it had no effect on my achievement.
Thank you
OniDestiny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 06:13 PM   #127
Big Mac Fan

Big Mac Fan's Gamercard
For versatile it says kill "characters" not enemies, perhaps you need to kill each target with 1 different type ??

I did a stealth playthrough so will try next time round
Big Mac Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 09:07 PM   #128
Midnight Malice

Midnight Malice's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Just want to add something in that I found out about Pendelton Twins/Slackjaw mission. Apparently if you take out either of the Twins BEFORE you interrogate the art dealer he wont give you the code to his safe, keeping you from completing that slackjaw mission, also getting the code yourself and robbing the safe before talking to Slackjaw will keep him from giving you the second part of his missions on that level.

Also, I think I screwed up.... I'm guessing stuff like Vitality, Blood Thirsty ect counts against Mostly Flesh and Steel? I assumed it was just mana based powers -_- luckily Im only on chapter 3 of this runthrough, For some reason I ignored the word enhancements when I read the description, cause I am pretty sure that is exactly what they are talking about .... I'm sad. lol

100+ Retail Games_100%
100,000 GS (9/12/09)
200,000 GS (2/2/2014) (I blame MMOs)

Last edited by Midnight Malice; 10-15-2012 at 10:06 PM.
Midnight Malice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 01:36 AM   #129
Markbush

TOC xDarknessx's Gamercard
Long Live the Empress - 10
You saved Empress Emily Kaldwin
In the very last mission your story will finish as you save the Empress from the clutches of some evil old men. This is story related and unmissable.

This achievement is actually missable if you have the high chaos setting for the final chapter.

At the end it is possible to not save her from the captor and instead let her fall to her death, which in turn gives you two different endings for High Chaos. I realized this when I got to the end of my first playthrough and didn't think of blinking to save her since I didn't think he would actually do it. Luckily I had saved right when I got to this part. But there may be autosave right when you get there.

Markbush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 07:56 AM   #130
Midnight Malice

Midnight Malice's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
I'm having a lot of trouble popping Harm's Way using the wall of light method. I did it at the beginning of chapter 6 with the 1 wall of light there, and used a rewire tool on it, and posessed 7-8 people at least and jumped out causing them to dive through the wall turning to ash. I assumed that your description of the achievement on chapter 5 (only works on civilians) was just because the walls there wouldn't kill guards or the sisters, but apparently using the same method on regular guards with a rewired fence isnt popping it either. Guess I'll have to stop bullets for it, cause the Party method on civilians didnt pop it for me (and apparently making them fall off ledges doesn't count either), which is why I am trying it on normal guards now

100+ Retail Games_100%
100,000 GS (9/12/09)
200,000 GS (2/2/2014) (I blame MMOs)

Last edited by Midnight Malice; 10-16-2012 at 08:10 AM.
Midnight Malice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 10:30 AM   #131
Jesseeh

HaloJesse's Gamercard
Tempest - 20
You killed 6 enemies in less than 1 second

This can be easily paired with Hornet's Nest, or you can use the pistol; and whatever else you want (grenades, mines, etc) while under the influence of Bend Time 2 as long as you're in an area with 6 enemies. One location to do this is against the large group of Weepers in a building between where you start mission 5, and where you can enter the Boyle party through a guard house, which is across the bridge from where you come out of the water.

This can be done with Bend Time 1 too. When you enter inside the building, where the party is, you will see three civilians/party guests standing in front of you. When you immeadietly turn right to another room, you will see another three civilians/party guests in there.

When you enter that room, use Bend Time, kill one of those two chitchatters in the other side of room with your crossbow. Then finish the loner with your sword, then kill the another chitchatter with your crossbow and finally kill the group of three with your sword (+ and crossbow).

I got this achievement with Bend Time 1 and NO UPGRADES or BONE CHARMS at all.

Old 10-16-2012, 03:32 PM   #132
doomey

doomey's Gamercard
Question Bodyguard

I got the achievement a lot easier, what I did was I put one of them spring traps by the door, the guy opens the door, and died.

I hope this helps anyone who isn't having any luck with this.
doomey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 03:49 PM   #133
Hoborg
Banned User

Desperately need a text guide for the blueprints. The external ones by google suck and made me miss several. They are misleading.

Please add this.
Hoborg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 06:30 PM   #134
Reaper Xan

Send a message via MSN to Reaper Xan

Reaper Xan's Gamercard
Thumbs up

great guide
Old 10-16-2012, 08:09 PM   #135
Shiftie

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts   Road Map - Diamond   Green Thumb - Bronze   Micro Guide - Platinum   Submit - Silver   Achievement Guide - Emerald   Staff Club - Shiftie   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 8 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoborg View Post
Desperately need a text guide for the blueprints. The external ones by google suck and made me miss several. They are misleading.

Please add this.
http://www.gamefront.com/dishonored-...cations-guide/

(^Literally the coolest part of SWTOR)
Shiftie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 10:56 PM   #136
Vindicator51

Vindicator51's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnight Malice View Post
I'm having a lot of trouble popping Harm's Way using the wall of light method. I did it at the beginning of chapter 6 with the 1 wall of light there, and used a rewire tool on it, and posessed 7-8 people at least and jumped out causing them to dive through the wall turning to ash. I assumed that your description of the achievement on chapter 5 (only works on civilians) was just because the walls there wouldn't kill guards or the sisters, but apparently using the same method on regular guards with a rewired fence isnt popping it either. Guess I'll have to stop bullets for it, cause the Party method on civilians didnt pop it for me (and apparently making them fall off ledges doesn't count either), which is why I am trying it on normal guards now
I can definitely say that the method works in mission 5. It took me 2 - 3 tries, but it should pop.
Old 10-17-2012, 09:31 AM   #137
Tyger7
Moderator and Guide Staff

Send a message via AIM to Tyger7 Send a message via MSN to Tyger7 Send a message via Yahoo to Tyger7 Send a message via Skype™ to Tyger7

tyger7's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Micro Guide - Gold   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   5,000 Posts   Submit - Silver   XBA Promoter   Staff Club - Tyger7   The Helping Hand   Referrals - Silver   Road Map - Diamond   Achievement Guide - Diamond   Staff - Collectibles Guide Team   A+ Thread Award
Total Awards: 17 (more» ...)
I did some editing and changed a few descriptions.

King of the World

ALTERNATE METHODS: Temptest, Hornet's Nest, Bigboy

For any of the achievements talking about a certain amount of enemies and you doing an action, I found the best place possible in the entire game. You must be in High Chaos I believe (I did not look on Low). When you start Mission 5 (Boyle Party) cross the bridge and go to your right. Go down the street where there is a big building that has a rune or bone charm in it. The bottom of the building has an entry to some stairs. When you walk in the door look left and you will notice 6-7 weepers all crammed at the bottom of the stairs. You can use Bend Time to kill them all in 1 second giving you 6 kills. You can also do the same with your cross bow. If you need the 5 kills or escape from 5, you should be able to get these here as well.

Hornet's Nest

Big Boy

Tempest

Last edited by Tyger7; 10-17-2012 at 06:02 PM.
Tyger7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 01:02 AM   #138
Ray5555

Ray5555's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze
Manipulator - 10
You made others kill 5 of their own allies

You don't need any upgrades for this achievement. The ai is stupid as it is. Just go into a fight where there are a lot of guards and guard in a corner. The guards in the back will shoot their allies, while trying to shoot you. I got this easily on the loyalist mission. Just popped my head out from the apartment . Killed the tall boy, and had the city watch attack me. I went into the corner and defended. A crap load of guard attacked me while I defended. The guard in the back killed most of their allies by shooting at me. I got the achievement without ever taking my finger off the . You can easily do this again in the final mission, where Martin is. If you have high chaos ending.
Fallout: New Vegas = 70,000 Achievement Points
Alan Wake = 60,000 Achievement Points
Magna Carta 2 = 50,000 Achievement Points
Phantasy Star 2 40,000 Achievement points
Fallout 3 = 30,000 Achievement Points
GTA IV = 20,000 Achievement Points
Madden 08 = 10,000 Achievement Points

Achieved 100K GS on lego batman 2's 100% completion achievement
Ray5555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 02:53 AM   #139
TheLegendOf1977

TheLegendOf1977's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray5555 View Post
Manipulator - 10
You made others kill 5 of their own allies

You don't need any upgrades for this achievement. The ai is stupid as it is. Just go into a fight where there are a lot of guards and guard in a corner. The guards in the back will shoot their allies, while trying to shoot you. I got this easily on the loyalist mission. Just popped my head out from the apartment . Killed the tall boy, and had the city watch attack me. I went into the corner and defended. A crap load of guard attacked me while I defended. The guard in the back killed most of their allies by shooting at me. I got the achievement without ever taking my finger off the . You can easily do this again in the final mission, where Martin is. If you have high chaos ending.
This is ecxactly what i did. For some reason i can't switch powers fast enough to: first stop time switch to posses and then walk in front of the bullets. Above method worked wonders for me, it unlocked within minutes of trying.

Quote:
Do your civic duty and don't play multiplayer in games where it doesn't really belong. Problem solved.
TheLegendOf1977 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 03:12 AM   #140
Nicho66las

14dg's Gamercard
I have used all on your list and the Versatile achievement didn't pop.
Nicho66las is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 03:19 AM   #141
TheLegendOf1977

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicho66las View Post
Not sure if it's the problem with this achievement, but did you get all the kills on the same type of enemy? Just asking because i had kills with incindary bolts en grenades on guards and when i had the last 2 weapons i tried killing weepers and nothing popped.
After that i got kills with those weapons on guards and i got the achievement, this or it's a bit glitchy... Lots of people seem to have problems with this one.

Quote:
Do your civic duty and don't play multiplayer in games where it doesn't really belong. Problem solved.
Old 10-19-2012, 01:57 AM   #142
Jesseeh

HaloJesse's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicho66las View Post
You 100% sure you have killed enemies with at least these types of weapons?

1. Incendiary Bolt (Crossbow)
2. Crossbow Bolt
3. Springrazor
4. Grenade
5. Sticky Grenade
6. Bullet (Pistol)
7. Explosive Bullet (Pistol)
8. Sword?

(I also made Wall of Light to work on my side, just to make sure)

Old 10-19-2012, 02:11 AM   #143
CelticWarriorDB

CelticWarriorDB's Gamercard
I have a question. I'm going for a Ghost/Clean playthrough, and I did the prologue and got both the ghost and no-kill bonus. However, it did say a body was discovered. Does that count against, because it did say that I didn't alert anyone, and I read a comment that says it does count against you. Just want to make sure if that's true.
Old 10-19-2012, 09:44 AM   #144
Jesseeh

HaloJesse's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by CelticWarriorDB View Post
I have a question. I'm going for a Ghost/Clean playthrough, and I did the prologue and got both the ghost and no-kill bonus. However, it did say a body was discovered. Does that count against, because it did say that I didn't alert anyone, and I read a comment that says it does count against you. Just want to make sure if that's true.
Only if you kill a hostile, enemy or alert anyone, it counts.

If you find a body, it doesn't count. You didn't kill him/her or alerted him/her, when you just happened to find his/her dead body.

I got in one mission 1 discovered body and another mission 2 discovered bodies, yet I still got those achievements.

Old 10-19-2012, 06:44 PM   #145
MarleyMon81

MarleyMon81's Gamercard
I see on the guide that it says difficulty does not affect achievements. Just wanted to make sure I'm reading it correctly befor I embark on my second playthrough doing no kills, no detect. If I chose to play that one on easy, the achievements would still pop correct?
Old 10-19-2012, 07:31 PM   #146
TheLegendOf1977

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarleyMon81 View Post
I see on the guide that it says difficulty does not affect achievements. Just wanted to make sure I'm reading it correctly befor I embark on my second playthrough doing no kills, no detect. If I chose to play that one on easy, the achievements would still pop correct?
Correct, i did both my playthroughs on easy seeing as it only effects damage in/output and not enemy awareness or intelligents.

Quote:
Old 10-19-2012, 09:32 PM   #147
frballz

So I'm not getting any of the no-kill or ghost acheivements. I've done the whole game with no kills and no enemies alerted. I've checked mission status and it said that I had not killed or alerted anyone. So what the heck?

I think I might have messed up. I had started my nonlethal run on the SECOND mission (where you have to kill the High Overseer) and got all the way to the end and then went back to do the first mission. Could that have screwed it all up?
frballz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 11:59 PM   #148
AnXiety88

CrReaM Fiend's Gamercard
Shadow

Hi guys! i'm having trouble with the shadow achievement early on in the game, i'm on mission house of pleasure and i've finished the game now atleast 4 times and this and clean hands are a ball ache to pop!

Basically i'm 90% certain that weepers count when they see you! Which is really gay, and also the assassins do as soon as you come out the distillery after having a chat with slackjaw and turn right they spot you!

I just want to know if the weepers count, whores, assassins (before the flooded district) Count against this achievement?

Please help me! thanks!
AnXiety88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 12:06 AM   #149
Jesseeh

HaloJesse's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by frballz View Post
So I'm not getting any of the no-kill or ghost acheivements. I've done the whole game with no kills and no enemies alerted. I've checked mission status and it said that I had not killed or alerted anyone. So what the heck?

I think I might have messed up. I had started my nonlethal run on the SECOND mission (where you have to kill the High Overseer) and got all the way to the end and then went back to do the first mission. Could that have screwed it all up?
Yep. If you are going for the Clean Hands / Ghost / Shadow / Mostly Flesh and Steel, you need to start a new game and finish it all the way up meeting with the requirements.

Lets say you go for the "Clean Hands" -achievement and you killed someone in the Mission 3. You finished the Mission and in the Mission stats it says you killed one person. You can either continue or replay Mission. Choose "replay Mission" or load a previous save, before you killed that person to still have a chance to get the "Clean Hands" -achievement.

If you decide to continue and you still have a person killed in stats, you can't get the achievement anymore. (If you don't have that save left). It doesn't work, if you are choosing a certain Mission afterwards.

Your only option is to start a New Game.

Old 10-20-2012, 12:17 AM   #150
BloodGodAlucard

BloodGodAlucard's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnXiety88 View Post
Hi guys! i'm having trouble with the shadow achievement early on in the game, i'm on mission house of pleasure and i've finished the game now atleast 4 times and this and clean hands are a ball ache to pop!

Basically i'm 90% certain that weepers count when they see you! Which is really gay, and also the assassins do as soon as you come out the distillery after having a chat with slackjaw and turn right they spot you!

I just want to know if the weepers count, whores, assassins (before the flooded district) Count against this achievement?

Please help me! thanks!
All of this information is available in multiple threads on the forum. But yes all of those count against the achievement. If anything at all sees you, then you need to reload your save and try again. If you're going for no kills, then the only thing you can fight are rats. And even then if you're playing correctly you should never have to engage them. If you have to fight at all then sneak behind the enemy and choke them out. Then hide the body. If that isn't an option and you can't get by them, then shoot them with a sleep dart. Hide the body afterwards. There are more tips in the threads I alluded to. Check them for more help.

Completed: 74 Retail Games and 7 Arcade Games

Proudest Completion to Date: Dark Souls 1000/1000 on Xbox 360 and 1000/1000 on PC
BloodGodAlucard is offline   Reply With Quote