PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooter > Fable: The Journey
Subscribe    Donate

Old 10-11-2012, 05:51 AM   #1
Purified N Fire

Purified N Fire's Gamercard
Achievement Guide and Roadmap

Achievement Guide and Roadmap

Fable: The Journey

Roadmap:

-Estimated Achievement difficulty:4/10- Story is easy, arcade can give some difficulty

-Approximate time:20-25 hours

-Minimum number of playthrus:2- One for arcade and one for story.

-Glitched Achievements:None

Authors:
Purified N Fire
Fatdog86

For the most part my 8 year old son has earned the majority of these. I have only watched from my comfy chair.

Pest Control-10
Ten stingers in five seconds. How long for the other 600,000?

Wait till there is a large group of Stingers together. The best place is right after Bladebarrow. Get an upgraded fireball when the Elite stingers make their first appearance. There is one spot where there will be many singers chasing a Hobbe. Throw it in and watch the explosion.

Hobbe Juggler-10
You juggled a hobbe. A career in the circus awaits. A pretty odd circus, admittedly.

Throw a Hobbe, catch it and throw it again. I had to catch it twice but it popped afterwards.

Boom-erang-10
You killed a hobbe with his own bomb. ĎTis the sport to have the enginer hoist with his own petar.

Hobbes throw all kinds of things. Wait until you find one that throws a bomb and reflect it back at him.

The Whites of Their Eyes-10
You got cosy with a balverine. You must have nerves of steel -- and no working olfactory system.

When a Balverine is close to you, use your push spell to pull it towards you. It has to be one that is running towards you. Just grab said Balverine and throw your hand over your head.

Return of the Black Knight-10
You dismantled a hollow man. Itís just a (rotting) flesh-wound!

You grab a Hollow Man with your green spell and pull left. Then grab him again and pull right. One last time and pull up. It dismantles his left and right arm, then pulls off his head.

Trollololol-20
You emerged unscathed from a troll fight. Problem?

First time you get a chance to fight a troll is right after you hop off the wagon to grab an apple for Seren. This one is fairly simple and you just have to watch the trolls cues to know how to react. If he throws a rock at you block, if he smashes the ground with both hands then lean left or right. Twice during the fight he will release a swarm of stingers. Just take them down with spells and block their attacks as well.

B-B-Q-10
Roast chicken is the best smell in the world. Unless youíre a chicken.

Roast a chicken with a fireball. You'll pass through a small town where chickens are blocking the road. Use your fireball and bam.

Great Balls of Fire-10
You killed three enemies with one Fireball. Goodness gracious.

Once you have the ability to throw fireballs, simply say fireball. Wait until you have a few enemies around you, preferably weaker ones. Throw the fireball and watch the splash damage take over. Works best with spiders. Doesn't work on stingers, but is a great way to kill 10 quickly.

Shardly a Problem-10
You cast Shards with utmost precision. For your next trick, spear an apple off Serenís head.

Charge up the magic shard spell, launch it off to the side of the screen, then using after touch bring it back over the group of three enemies. You need to kill all of them with one spell.

Five Billion Candle Power-10
You burned the Corruption from three creatures with one spell. Time to break out the factor 40.

The last spell you earn is Light. It is used with your push/pull spell, so once you upgrade your push spell to level two (where you can toss around three enemies at one go) grab three corrupted monsters at once.

Mind Your Manas-20
You dished out a veritable smorgasbord of spell power. Delicious.

You need to use at least four different spells on one enemy.

Toasty-10
Burning through the sky at 200 degrees. Thatís why they call him Mr. Pushed-in-the-Lava.

After you have fought the troll for the first time you will get back in your cart and ride off. The next stop is after a cutscene with Theresa. You will be fighting off multiple Balverines. At one point there is a lava waterfall. Use your push and put one in the lava. This can also be obtained in Arcade.

Bam!-20
There it is! You killed ten creatures with explosive barrels.

Along your journey there are barrels that have a skull on them. Shoot them with your bolt and they will blow up killing anything near. Ten creatures and it's yours.

Flail-20
You killed 500 enemies. The Grim Reaper loves round numbers.

Kill 500 enemies. It's just about as simple as that.

Epic Flail-40
1,000 kills! Thatís a lot of killing. You should have a lie down. And a shower.

The good news is that there is an indicator that pops up. Kill 1000 enemies and the achievement you will net.

Last edited by Purified N Fire; 10-25-2012 at 07:53 PM.
Purified N Fire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 05:52 AM   #2
Purified N Fire

Fore!-10
You killed three enemies with thrown objects. Down in front!

There are boxes and other things that you can pick up and throw. Work an enemy near death, then pick up something and throw it at them. Three times and it is yours.

Reflectology-20
You killed 15 enemies with their own attacks. Reflect on your progress, and feel proud.

Enemies throw things at you and there is a red indicator around them. Simply raise your left hand across your body to reflect them back. 15 and it's yours.

Fear of Flying-30
You killed 20 enemies in midair. Flying’s fine – it’s landing that hurts. Also, the magic spells.

Pick up and toss 20 enemies with your push spell. While in the air shoot them with your bolt. It also counts if you throw them off a bridge or other edge.

Hard Shoulder-10
You dealt with a travelling enemy by making it crash and die. Ben Hur would be proud.

While on the horse and buggy there will be a time when you will be attacked by Hobbe's on Bulls. The second time this happens use your push and push one off the edge.

Roadkill-10
You ran down an enemy with your cart. Consider investing in a plough.

When you are in the cave, after fighting for the first time, you will get back on your horse and buggy. During the fleeing sequence spiders will be running across your path. Run one over.

Cartmageddon-20
A good driver keeps their hands on the reins at all times, apart from when they’re killing things.

When you are riding, you will be attacked by Hobbe's on Bulls. Killing thirty nets you the achievement.

Pimp My Cart-5
Yo Gabe, we heard you like Heroes so we hung a Hero from your cart so you can Hero while you Hero.

Hold your left hand out and pause the game. If you have opened a chest that has a doll in it examine it. It will then give you an option to hang it from your cart.

Wheeee!-5
You thrust your arms in the air during the minecart ride. Souvenir photo available in the gift shop.

When you are rescuing Fergus there is a place where you enter a mine. First you fight on foot, then you enter into a cart. During this sequence in the cart, throw both hands up. This can also be obtained in arcade.

I Used to Be an Adventurer-10
Then I took an arrow to the horse. She's all better now, though.

This requires some patience. Remove three arrows from Seren, your horse. You have to do so without hurting her though.

Happy Camper-20
You tried your hand at all camp activities. Way to go, cowboy.

There is a time when you will pull your horse and buggy into a campground. Lean left and you will go to another activity. Run water into the troff. Brush your horse. Open the chest. Whatever else is there do it and the achievement will pop.

Why the Long Face?-10
You healed ten wounds on Seren. If she walked into a bar and bruised herself, you’d heal that too.

Seren is your horse and will get hurt along the road. Pull of to the side and rub your hands over her. You will heal her. Do this ten times and you net this achievement.

Long Sustained Attacks-30
You fully upgraded one of your spells. You’ll be able to bring down anything now.

Along the road you will collect orbs for experience. You will also get them while fighting. Earn enough and you get an upgrade point. Fully upgrade one of your spells.

Sparrow-10
You purchased five upgrades. Your Journey has begun.

Using the upgrades mentioned above, simply upgrade five times.

Chicken Chaser-20
You purchased ten upgrades. Your powers are beginning to soar. Soar like a chicken.

Same as Sparrow, only ten this time.

Hero-30
You purchased 15 upgrades. Truly, you are a Hero.

Same as Sparrow, only 15.

For Every Chest, a Consequence-30
You opened 15 chests. Now on to the greater mystery: Whose stuff have you been stealing?

Along your journey you will come across chests. Make sure to stop at all available stops and grab all the chests. 15 and you net this achievement.

Last edited by Purified N Fire; 10-25-2012 at 05:11 PM.
Old 10-11-2012, 05:53 AM   #3
Purified N Fire

Arcade Achievements

Test Your Medal-10
You earned your first Medal in Arcade Mode.

Simple, play any arcade and get at least bronze.

Heavy Medal-20
You earned a Bronze Medal in every Arcade Mode challenge.

Play all arcade challenges and get at least a bronze.

Pedal to the Medal-40
You earned a Silver Medal in every Arcade Mode challenge.

Play all arcade challenges and get at least a silver.

Medal Gear Solid-60
You earned a Gold Medal in every Arcade Mode challenge.

Play all arcade challenges and get the gold. Way to go Phelps.

No Claims Bonus-20
You completed The Last Stand without taking any damage.

Dodge, block, do whatever is necessary to not take any damage. This can be obtained at the very end when you decide to stay and not leave Seren as well.

Off the Chain-20
You achieved a kill chain of 40 during Arcade Mode.

Get a kill chain of forty during any arcade challenge. Use any of your powers to get the 40x and it is yours.

If I Only Had a Brain-30
You whiled away the hours, conferring with the flowers. And exploding scarecrows’ heads.

On the arcade levels there are scarecrows "hidden" throughout the level. The game will tell you how many there are before you start, so when you see them just hit them with a spell. You need 20 for this.

Story Line Achievements

The Open Road-20
Your story has begun, but where will the road lead you?

Story line and cannot be missed.

Saved by the Sun-20
You escaped the Devourer... for now.

In the Palm of Your Hand-20
The power of the gauntlets is now yours, but so is their burden.

Footloose-20
You rescued Fergus from a spot of Hobbe bother. Your reward? Singing and beans.

Shoo!-20
You made it to the barn and saw off the White Balverine (with a little help from your friends).

Off the Menu-20
The Devourer has been defeated, and Fergus is at rest. There’s no turning back now, Hero.

Story related and cannot be missed.

Going Underground-20
You made it out of Bladebarrow. Most don’t.

Alas, Poor Nodsy!-20
You laid to rest the spirits of a platoon of morons. They’re another dimension’s problem now.

A Job for Life-10
You destroyed a man’s livelihood and smashed something up while you were at it. You’re a true Hero.

Mind over Matter-20
The Temptress is no more. Or was it all just a dream?

The Long Road Home-20
You finally caught up with Katlan. It’s you who's needed at the front of the convoy now.

Don't Stop Believing-100
You have completed your Journey. The Spire is no more, and a new dawn awaits Albion.

Story related and cannot be missed. Great Journey reference for your journey. Like what I did there?

Last edited by Purified N Fire; 10-25-2012 at 07:54 PM.
Old 10-11-2012, 05:54 AM   #4
Purified N Fire

Reserved for future use and/or DLC
Old 10-11-2012, 05:55 AM   #5
Purified N Fire

Reserved for future use and/or DLC #2
Old 10-11-2012, 01:13 PM   #6
xD Rick
Banned User

Send a message via MSN to xD Rick

xD Rick's Gamercard
Thank you for starting a guide.
Was waiting for this, although thereīs really 2 or 3 achievements that seems tricky or confusing.
Keep up the good work.
xD Rick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 05:06 PM   #7
Fatdog86

Fatdog86's Gamercard
The Whites of Their Eyes-
When a balverine is close to you, use your push spell to pull it towards you, then immediately hit it with a bolt spell

Test your medal-
Simple, play any arcade and get at least bronze.

Off the Chain-
Can be easily accomplished on the first arcade level.

If I Only Had a Brain-
on the arcade levels there are scarecrows "hidden" throughout. the level will tell you how many there are before you start, so when you see them just hit them with a spell. you need 20 for this.

Last edited by Fatdog86; 10-11-2012 at 06:16 PM.
Fatdog86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 07:30 PM   #8
Purified N Fire

Thanks Fatdog. I will put it in the guide.
Old 10-11-2012, 08:17 PM   #9
Fatdog86

Fatdog86's Gamercard
Trollololol-

First time you get a chance to fight a troll is right after escaping the devourer again. this one is fairly simple and you just have to watch the trolls cues to know how to react. if he throws a rock at you block, if he smashes the ground with both hands then lean left or right. twice during the fight he will release a swarm of stingers. just take them down with spells and block their attacks as well.

Last edited by Fatdog86; 10-11-2012 at 08:53 PM.
Old 10-11-2012, 09:33 PM   #10
Purified N Fire

Pimp my cart

Does anyone have any clue as to what PIMP MY CART is all about? I am afraid that I am going to have to play Fable Heroes to acquire this. I wanted to, like I did Pub Games but it got such bad reviews that I just stayed away.
Old 10-12-2012, 04:49 AM   #11
Fatdog86

Fatdog86's Gamercard
yea, go to the in game menu and (I had opened I think 11 chests at the time I checked), you should be awarded a fable hero doll. select it and it will give you an option to habg it from your cart.
Old 10-12-2012, 05:46 AM   #12
Purified N Fire

Sweet Fatdog. I was afraid that I was going to have to play Fable Heroes to 1000 this game out. It looks as if you miss an achievement though that you have to do another playthru. I have not seen a chapter select. Is that correct?
Old 10-12-2012, 02:35 PM   #13
Fatdog86

Fatdog86's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Purified N Fire View Post
Sweet Fatdog. I was afraid that I was going to have to play Fable Heroes to 1000 this game out. It looks as if you miss an achievement though that you have to do another playthru. I have not seen a chapter select. Is that correct?
It looks like aside from the main story quests, you can still get the other ones by playing the arcade levels, which seem to be a quick way to play all the action parts without the cart riding. That being said, I think you could miss the camp ones, like helping Seren 10 times, removing three arrows from her, and completing all the camp activities. oh, and potentially the 15 chests.
Old 10-13-2012, 05:03 AM   #14
Fatdog86

Fatdog86's Gamercard
B-B-Q- There will be several chances for this, but the best is while riding with Betty in the cart, you'll pass through a small town where chickens are blocking the road. Use your fireball and bam, 10gp.

Shardly a problem- easiest done with rockmites, charge up the magic shard spell, launch it off to the side of the screen, then using after touch bring it back over the group of enemies (three). you need to kill all of them with one spell though.

Five Billion Candle Power- the last spell you earn is Light, it is used with your push/pull spell, so once you upgrade your push spell to level two (where you can toss around three enemies at one go) grab three corrupted monsters at once. you can also try to use this spell with the crystals if you don't have your pull spell leveled up yet, but I found it to be terribly annoying to turn three at once.

Mind your Manas- I accomplished this one on a bull rider, but really any enemy that has some resilience will work. you ned to use at least four different spells on one enemy. hit it with you lighting, an indirect fireball, push/pull it, then finish with your shard spell. I suggest this order since the shard spell is rather devastating and the monsters might not last long enough for a fourth spell if you try another order.

Last edited by Fatdog86; 10-13-2012 at 05:10 AM.
Old 10-15-2012, 06:44 PM   #15
COTTERS3000

COTTERS3000's Gamercard
Hard Shoulder-10
You dealt with a travelling enemy by making it crash and die. Ben Hur would be proud.

While on the horse and buggy there will be a time when you will be attacked by Hobbe's on Bulls. The second time this happens use your push and push one off the edge.

I've just done this part of the game but failed in getting the achievement, I used my push spell but the bull hardly moved at all,(its back legs moved slighty to one side but nowhere near enough to shove it off the edge).

Any more help on this one would be great
COTTERS3000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 06:10 AM   #16
Fatdog86

Fatdog86's Gamercard
both Whee! and Toasty can be accomplished in arcade mode, so just one play through is needed. as far as the ben hur one? just do your best to grab and swipe towards the edge when you see the red caution signs posted by the cliffs.
Old 10-17-2012, 09:12 PM   #17
Laburynthe

laburynthe's Gamercard
Question Five billion candle power

Hey, nice guide. Can you get the five billion candle power achievement after beating the game without playing story over again? It's the last achievement I need and I don't have my push spell upgraded.
Laburynthe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 12:30 AM   #18
Ravenhood

Revid Cargian's Gamercard
I'm wondering, is anyone working on a Scarecrow location guide? I have 3 left to find (haven't played through Stonehaven yet, though), and I'm currently unsure of where one of the scarecrows is in Bladebarrow. I think I got the first one, along the first bridge while beginning the level, but I don't have a clue where the second one is. It also doesn't help that my TV is only, like, 17 inches. >_<

Any help on the second scarecrow in Bladebarrow would be appreciated. Just that, and Stonehaven in Arcade to go, and I'm done. =D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laburynthe View Post
Hey, nice guide. Can you get the five billion candle power achievement after beating the game without playing story over again? It's the last achievement I need and I don't have my push spell upgraded.
I can confirm this is possible. I didn't get this during the story, but while playing the Temptress Battle in Arcade Mode, I was able to use Push/Light on three spawned Hobbes. You'll have to fight a few of them first before the Temptress spawns a group of three, so play a minute or so of the level and be patient. I mostly got lucky with it, honestly, as I think I had killed just the right amount of Hobbes for her to spawn all 3 at the same time, but it is possible.

Retail: 37

Arcade: 66

Currently 21st for Most Completed Arcade Games
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1st to complete 3 Retail, 5 XBLA, 1 DLC - 2nd to complete 2 Retail, 2 XBLA, 4 DLC
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ravenhood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 01:18 AM   #19
Fatdog86

Fatdog86's Gamercard
I'm one shy, as soon as I find it I'll post, or maybe post now with the blank, either way... I'm missing one in stonehaven.

Last edited by Fatdog86; 10-18-2012 at 01:46 AM.
Old 10-18-2012, 01:21 AM   #20
Fatdog86

Fatdog86's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravenhood View Post
Any help on the second scarecrow in Bladebarrow would be appreciated. Just that, and Stonehaven in Arcade to go, and I'm done. =D
after you enter the chamber where you walk around in a circle battling hollowmen (before diving down the hole to fight the troll), you'll go up some stairs to your left, and it will be a long straight area in front of you (and eventually go up more stair to your right before turning around) anyway, while on the straight part, in the distance you'll see almost an orange light, as you walk further down this part, before turning, you should be able to shoot a bolt towards it. if this is confusing, let me know and I'll try to clarify.
Old 10-18-2012, 07:05 AM   #21
Ravenhood

Revid Cargian's Gamercard
Ohh, is that where it is? That's what I was thinking, since I was certain there was no scarecrow in the troll room or on the slide down. I guess it'll similar to the first scarecrow in that regard, there were a few candles next to the first one as well. I'll try it out now, thanks.

EDIT: Fatdog, I found the two in Stonehaven.

The first one is very early on. Once you clear out the Hollow Men at the gate, as Gabriel turns to look up past the stairs, you should be able to see a scarecrow on the top of the wall. You pretty much have to get it just before or as Gabriel starts running up the stairs.

The second one is just before Gabriel climbs the large set of stairs to the giant flame area, close to the end of the first section. Before climbing those sets of stairs, Gabriel looks to the right to find some Hollow Men, with another busting through a door at the back-left shortly after. In the upper-right hand corner, on top of the wall at the back, is the second scarecrow.

Now, all I need is the Gold in Stonehaven, and I'm finished. =D

EDIT 2: And I am done. Did a great run on Stonehaven for 1,399,000. Only discovered last night that I could use Push not only to grab the Hollow Men limbs, but also to push their projectiles back at them... soooo useful. XD

Retail: 37

Arcade: 66

Currently 21st for Most Completed Arcade Games
1st to complete 3 Retail, 5 XBLA, 1 DLC - 2nd to complete 2 Retail, 2 XBLA, 4 DLC

Last edited by Ravenhood; 10-18-2012 at 07:41 AM. Reason: Completed game
Ravenhood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 10:57 AM   #22
Fatdog86

Fatdog86's Gamercard
thanks, I'm all set on scarecrows, just need three more gold medals.... for some reason its the early levels I keep getting silver on.
Old 10-18-2012, 02:34 PM   #23
Seany Show

Seany Sh0w's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Donator - Level 3   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Unfortunately missed out on getting the Hard Shoulder achievement so will have to do part of another playthrough to get that done.

Stuck on the mine cart arcade mission. Just cannot get gold in it. What am I missing?

GSL 12 starting gamerscore 377,387
Seany Show is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 07:12 PM   #24
Death Snakes

Death snakes's Gamercard
is there any arcade mission to get the pest control achiev? only campaign related achiev I missed :/
Death Snakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 11:10 AM   #25
COTTERS3000

COTTERS3000's Gamercard
I've finished the campaign and now I'm about to start arcade, has anybody got any tips for getting golds?
I had a couple of goes at the first one and can't seem to get gold. My first attempt I got around 245,000 points (250,000 needed to gold) but I didn't rush. My second attempt I went for a speed run thnking the speed bonus is what makes the difference, I got 248,000 and couldn't of really gone any faster.

What is the best tactic to use when trying for gold, is speed important?

Quick update I've now got gold on the first 2, I'm now stuck on the third (scratchvein hobbes) the one with the mine cart. I keep falling way short of the gold threshold plus I can't spot the second Scarecrow. Anybody know where he is?

Last edited by COTTERS3000; 10-19-2012 at 08:32 PM.
Old 10-22-2012, 02:21 AM   #26
Fatdog86

Fatdog86's Gamercard
second scarecrow is towards the end of the minecrart ride, when your in a narrow cave with no enemies, making a sloping left turn, you'll see it on your left........ briefly.

Best tactic for gold is DO NOT GET HIT. it resets your multiplier... do lots of style kills- push then hit with spell, and yes, speed.
Old 10-27-2012, 06:28 PM   #27
ProfessorBaxter

ProfessorBaxter's Gamercard
is there any secret to getting the scarecrow in the last mineshaft area? literally the only one i need and for some reason ive done it 30 plus times now and my lightning wont connect
ProfessorBaxter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 11:27 PM   #28
COTTERS3000

COTTERS3000's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfessorBaxter View Post
is there any secret to getting the scarecrow in the last mineshaft area? literally the only one i need and for some reason ive done it 30 plus times now and my lightning wont connect
I have only managed to get it once from the countless attempts I've had at getting gold on this level, which I still can't do.
Its got to be all about timing as you only have a small window of opportunity to get the spell off. Have you tried constantly firing your push spell as you come around that bend? It was the push spell I got it with.
Old 10-28-2012, 09:36 PM   #29
Minnow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Death Snakes View Post
is there any arcade mission to get the pest control achiev? only campaign related achiev I missed :/
I think you could potentially get it in the Miremoor Arcade mode. I also missed this during story, but I was lucky enough to have a story save on backup near Miremoor. I got it during story mode there, during the same sequence as arcade mode. Might be worth a try.
Minnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 02:17 AM   #30
COTTERS3000

COTTERS3000's Gamercard
Has anybody gotten the "five billion candle power" achievement in arcade mode. I know atleast one person has during the temptress battle but I've tried that level countless times and still not managed to get it.So has anybody else got it on that level or any other in arcade mode?

I'm starting to think maybe starting the story again might actually be quicker than keep trying arcade. Also for the people that got this during the story what level was you light spell upgraded to, level 2 or level 3?