PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Off Topic > Off Topic Discussion > Television
Subscribe    Donate

Old 10-11-2012, 07:35 PM   #1
Shiftie

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts   Road Map - Diamond   Green Thumb - Bronze   Micro Guide - Platinum   Submit - Silver   Achievement Guide - Emerald   Staff Club - Shiftie   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 8 (more» ...)
Arrow

Anyone else see the season premier of Arrow last night? It's on the CW, so maybe not I found it surprisingly good, despite the fact that I'm not really a DC comics characters fan, aside from mainly Batman, but I guess I never realized Green Arrow is basically Batman + Hawkeye. Not really as awesome as either of them imo, but a combo nonetheless.

As far as the show is concerned, I can see the story getting kind of annoying at times, like Smallville did from time to time, but I found the action scenes to really stand out when you compare them to other TV shows. A lot of that has to do with the actor I'm assuming, who seems to be able to handle everything the role asks of him pretty well. Overall the episode made me want to keep my eye on the show for at least a few more episodes to see how the story pans out, and watch some more action.

(^Literally the coolest part of SWTOR)
Shiftie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 11:19 PM   #2
Iceskater101

iceskater101's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Gamer Chick!
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
I thought the show was a little cheesy at times (what do you expect it is from the CW) I agreed with you though. I loved the action in this, I also loved the pilot because it set it up where I am actually looking forward to the next episode. I think the whole concept is really interesting and I hope that this show makes it to the next season!

credits to DEG23
Iceskater101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 01:03 AM   #3
Shiftie

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts   Road Map - Diamond   Green Thumb - Bronze   Micro Guide - Platinum   Submit - Silver   Achievement Guide - Emerald   Staff Club - Shiftie   Donator - Level 1
WELL!!..still a pretty good show. Action is still keeping me going, though some of the characters are kind of annoying because of how the show is written. Oh well, I'm used to annoying characters on cable shows.

Basically everything Oliver Queen/Green Arrow and detective guy related is great. Everything else is so-so.

Old 10-19-2012, 01:06 AM   #4
The Bum-Mobile

Mr Shenanigans's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
I'm not really interested, personally. I've liked Green Arrow over the years but have never been a huge fan. Plus I couldn't in my wildest dreams see something like this ending up good. Just my opinion. Though I hear Deathstroke is making an appearance soon. Kind of want to see him, just for the heck of it.

The Bum-Mobile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 12:34 PM   #5
Shiftie

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Bum-Mobile View Post
I'm not really interested, personally. I've liked Green Arrow over the years but have never been a huge fan. Plus I couldn't in my wildest dreams see something like this ending up good. Just my opinion. Though I hear Deathstroke is making an appearance soon. Kind of want to see him, just for the heck of it.
Awesome..not much of a DC/Green Arrow buff myself, but I know Deathstroke Apparently he's making an appearance in the Nov 6th episode. I totally missed the easter egg in the first episode though.

I must have been in the bathroom for that because that's really...really obvious.

I'm curious whether or not it was Deathstroke who appeared at the end of last episode, not in his costume though.

Overall I think if he's in the show it'll definitely be worth checking out for the fight scenes.

Old 10-20-2012, 10:08 AM   #6
Ctrl Alt Defeat

CtrI Alt Defeat's Gamercard
Katie Cassidy is nice to look at the and the action scenes are cool. But the guy who plays Green Arrow's acting is atrocious.

Thanks to the man Slaughter for the godlike sig!
11.11.14. Halo 2.
Ctrl Alt Defeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 09:53 PM   #7
Iceskater101

iceskater101's Gamercard

I watched the second episode and I like it. I think I miss all the references since I don't read the comic books. I like this show though, it definitely keeps me looking forward to wednesdays.

credits to DEG23
Old 10-20-2012, 10:11 PM   #8
Akuza

Akuza89's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts
this interests me, so i got the first 2 episodes.

never really liked smallville - but aparently its totally different my friend said.
YU-GI-OH Arc V
Akame Ga Kill!
Sword Art Online II
Old 10-21-2012, 04:46 AM   #9
Shiftie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akuza View Post
this interests me, so i got the first 2 episodes.

never really liked smallville - but aparently its totally different my friend said.
It's still kinda..gay, like Smallville was. Perhaps even more so, I don't know why writers for the WB need stupid drama in their shows. The action still stands out though as I've already said so whaaateeeever...

Old 10-23-2012, 12:58 AM   #10
Akuza

Akuza89's Gamercard

just watched the first 2 episodes one after the other.

was pretty decent.

alot better than what i was expecting really.

i realise it isn't officially what happened with oliver, but its an interesting take.
YU-GI-OH Arc V
Akame Ga Kill!
Sword Art Online II
Old 10-23-2012, 03:24 PM   #11
Shiftie

http://insidetv.ew.com/2012/10/22/arrow-full-season/

Show officially got picked up for a full season.

Old 10-23-2012, 07:39 PM   #12
Iceskater101

iceskater101's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiftie View Post
http://insidetv.ew.com/2012/10/22/arrow-full-season/

Show officially got picked up for a full season.
I heard about this! Yay, I am excited for the next episode.!

credits to DEG23
Old 10-24-2012, 05:43 PM   #13
Akuza

Akuza89's Gamercard

Here's the list of episodes with dates via Wikipedia

3 "Lone Gunmen"- October 24, 2012
4 "An Innocent Man" - October 31, 2012
5 "Damaged" - November 7, 2012
6 "Legacies" - November 14, 2012

And here's the remaining episodes that currently have no release date for series 1!

7 "Muse of Fire"
8 "Vendetta"
9 "Year's End"
10 "Burned"
YU-GI-OH Arc V
Akame Ga Kill!
Sword Art Online II
Old 10-25-2012, 04:21 AM   #14
Shiftie

Here I am waiting for Deathstroke and they add in Deadshot! Awesome! One less bad guy to give Batman trouble I guess.

Old 10-25-2012, 02:48 PM   #15
Iceskater101

iceskater101's Gamercard

Yeah I still have to watch the new episode of Arrow, hopefully I will have time to do that today.

credits to DEG23
Old 10-25-2012, 03:35 PM   #16
Shiftie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceskater101 View Post
Yeah I still have to watch the new episode of Arrow, hopefully I will have time to do that today.
Wasn't too bad. I'm glad some story-related events occurred, though otherwise I don't pay attention too much to the story anymore. Other than that I am glad they are actually adding some villains, even if Deadshot isn't a Green Arrow villain. Kind strange how he died (still possible he didn't I guess) the way Deathstroke should have taken an arrow. I guess Deathstroke will hopefully be a recurring character. Already confirmed for a few episodes so most likely I guess.

Old 10-25-2012, 10:25 PM   #17
Iceskater101

iceskater101's Gamercard

Yeah I wasn't expecting him to kill Deadshot.. That was weird, but at the end of the episode, he revealed who he was to his body guard I was like OMG! I can't wait for the next episode.

credits to DEG23
Old 11-07-2012, 04:22 AM   #18
Shiftie

Not sure if it was on a night early or what but I just finished up this weeks episode..as bad as the acting and writing can get (CW after all) I'm glad the fights are good, especially now that Deathstroke the Terminator is in the house! Apparently Oliver and I have the same birthdate as well, just a few years apart, go us

Old 11-07-2012, 05:47 PM   #19
CraziedZombies

RT Silent Josh's Gamercard
This show is really good, anyone know when it comes on so i can record it? I've been catching up in On Demand.

(1)30,000GS reached on 11/4/12
(2)50,000 reached on 7/17/13

CraziedZombies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 11:16 PM   #20
Shiftie

Quote:
Originally Posted by CraziedZombies View Post
This show is really good, anyone know when it comes on so i can record it? I've been catching up in On Demand.
It's usually Wed @ 8 eastern on the CW. Not sure if they changed it for some reason or not.

Old 11-09-2012, 05:34 PM   #21
Iceskater101

iceskater101's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiftie View Post
It's usually Wed @ 8 eastern on the CW. Not sure if they changed it for some reason or not.
Yeah that's when it is on. I still have to watch this weeks episode. I tried to watch it, but CW was pissing me off because it was lagging and stuff, so hopefully I can watch the episode today after speech class.

credits to DEG23
Old 11-30-2012, 12:43 AM   #22
Shiftie

Last nights episode had the Huntress and they are obviously moving toward adding Merlyn into the mix as well considering how his life and his relationships with Oliver and Dinah are going. I think this show needs more bad actors and more Batman characters

Old 11-30-2012, 12:45 AM   #23
KFZ Scrubs

KFZ Nobody's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 10,000 posts   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Road Map - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
Always looking for a good show to watch.... if it's remotely good... I'll get into it

KFZ Scrubs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 12:56 AM   #24
JRL

Saren Slayerr's Gamercard
Been watching the show weekly since it started, I really enjoy it. I recommend to all.
JRL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 01:01 AM   #25
Shiftie

Quote:
Originally Posted by KFZ Scrubs View Post
Always looking for a good show to watch.... if it's remotely good... I'll get into it
Remotely good about sums it up The action works to balance out the horrible acting, though it's been a bit thin for a couple of episodes now.

Old 11-30-2012, 08:13 PM   #26
Iceskater101

iceskater101's Gamercard

Yeah the episode two weeks ago was really bad, but I love the addition of the Huntress. She adds some spice to the new episodes. This episode was really interesting I thought and I love the action in it. The episode was very predictable I mean obviously Oliver and the Huntress are going to begin a romantic relationship that was obvious. I am really enjoying the show though and just go into the show knowing that it is on the CW and that it isn't going to have the best acting.

The last episode was really good in my opinion.

credits to DEG23
Old 12-02-2012, 04:10 AM   #27
Edword

Sprinklez88's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   XBA Promoter
So far I'm really enjoying this and it seems to be doing pretty well in the ratings...as far as a CW show is concerned.
Edword is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 04:00 PM   #28
DreddPirate Rob

Send a message via AIM to DreddPirate Rob Send a message via MSN to DreddPirate Rob Send a message via Yahoo to DreddPirate Rob

DreddPirate Rob's Gamercard
Ive been watching this on hulu. its an alright show to watch when theres nothing else to watch. The actress who played Huntress was horrible and i hope they redesign Deathstroke's mask. the molded brows make him look lame.

HENSHIN!!

Sig by Nozza x360a
Φ
DreddPirate Rob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 09:54 PM   #29
Shiftie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreddPirate Rob View Post
Ive been watching this on hulu. its an alright show to watch when theres nothing else to watch. The actress who played Huntress was horrible and i hope they redesign Deathstroke's mask. the molded brows make him look lame.
I agree on all accounts, though I think I've gotten over Deathstroke's mask after seeing him a few times. I'm just glad they didn't give him a really stupid costume I guess.

I'm curious as to how the Dark Archer/Green Arrow rivalry will pan out. I have a feeling they'll make it a Green Goblin sort of scenario and have Tommy Merlyn become Merlyn after he sees Green Arrow kill his father (the Dark Archer). Or just have him become a 2nd Dark Archer if they choose not to use the name Merlyn.

Old 12-20-2012, 03:04 AM   #30
Iceskater101

iceskater101's Gamercard

^ Oh wow I didn't realize that's how it panned out. That will definitely be interesting.

credits to DEG23