PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Off Topic > Off Topic Discussion > Television
Subscribe    Donate

Old 12-20-2012, 11:01 AM   #31
Shiftie

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts   Road Map - Diamond   Green Thumb - Bronze   Micro Guide - Platinum   Submit - Silver   Achievement Guide - Emerald   Staff Club - Shiftie   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 8 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceskater101 View Post
^ Oh wow I didn't realize that's how it panned out. That will definitely be interesting.
That's my theory That's not what actually happens since Merlyn isn't Queen's friend in the comics. I'm just thinking, with the way they have been kind of putting a divide between Tommy and Oliver, I think they'll have a falling out at some point and Tommy will want revenge.

(^Literally the coolest part of SWTOR)
Shiftie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 01:08 PM   #32
Tained sainity

ShadowEpyon10's Gamercard
Glad it's now back and what's been the reaction to the episodes since they came back. The vertigo episode wasn't to bad with Seth Gabel playing the Count. But Manu Bennett playing Slade Wilson is cool and the cliffhanger to ep 13 was good.
Tained sainity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 01:33 PM   #33
Arrie3

armandotjuh@live.nl's Gamercard
The Odyssey episode was so awesome..
Do you guys watch the series online or on the tv because in Holland the series is still at fifth episode and im already at 15..

I think this it would be awesome to see a 'Arrow' Game. What do you guys think?

Click on sig for ninja defuse montage! !
Arrie3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 08:16 AM   #34
Shiftie

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts   Road Map - Diamond   Green Thumb - Bronze   Micro Guide - Platinum   Submit - Silver   Achievement Guide - Emerald   Staff Club - Shiftie   Donator - Level 1
I'm kinda surprised they brought Deadshot back already.. and I was expecting something a bit different to happen w/ the Merlyns, but oh well. I felt Tommy would turn on the Green Arrow after he figured GA killed his dad or something. With his dad trying to show Tommy about his Dark Archer suit, and how Tommy reacted when he saw Oliver at the hospital, I think it's still possible that Tommy will side with his dad against the Green Arrow. No matter what, I'm still patiently waiting for a Deathstroke vs. Green Arrow fight in Starling.

as for a green arrow game, I think it could be pretty cool. They would need to focus the game more on hand to hand combat, and give people the ability to quick-fire arrows. Having longer range archery sequences would be cool too.

Last edited by Shiftie; 02-28-2013 at 08:21 AM.
Old 03-10-2013, 05:59 PM   #35
Arrie3

armandotjuh@live.nl's Gamercard
why didn't come episode 17 online?

Click on sig for ninja defuse montage! !
Arrie3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 03:43 PM   #36
Shiftie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arrie3 View Post
why didn't come episode 17 online?
New episode ain't for a couple of weeks (or 1 week now I think?). Not sure why since I think there are only 2-3 episodes left this season.

Old 03-15-2013, 05:06 PM   #37
Iceskater101

iceskater101's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Gamer Chick!
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
This show has gotten so good! It's one of my favorite tv shows. I knew that Moira wasn't going to take out Malcom. I mean that adds more to the show because now Moira can definitely get in trouble for this because Oliver doesn't believe Diggle. I am excited that Felicity has a bigger role because I really like her a lot. Thea just plain annoys me because of how bratty she is and she hasn't really done anything that important.

credits to DEG23
Iceskater101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 08:12 PM   #38
iPansear

iPansear's Gamercard
I'm also watching the show each week, but right now it's on hiatus.
I just love the introduction of well known DC characters, it gives me a fangirl moment I guess. It will be interesting to see how they build up Roy Harper.
iPansear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 10:02 PM   #39
Shiftie

Quote:
Originally Posted by iPansear View Post
I'm also watching the show each week, but right now it's on hiatus.
I just love the introduction of well known DC characters, it gives me a fangirl moment I guess. It will be interesting to see how they build up Roy Harper.

Basically what I do whenever a new character cameos, or is even mentioned.
(Obviously replacing Santa with whatever the character's name is )

Then whenever they hint about an upcoming character, and I totally call who it is, I do this:

I did the same thing for Smallville, and I do the same for all of the Marvel movies.

Old 03-27-2013, 12:00 AM   #40
Tained sainity

ShadowEpyon10's Gamercard
This has definitely been my new favorite show this year. Can't believe it's finished soon I know the cast and crew only have a few more weeks left. I love the characters that have been promoted to regular for next season.
Tained sainity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 06:54 PM   #41
Shiftie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tained sainity View Post
This has definitely been my new favorite show this year. Can't believe it's finished soon I know the cast and crew only have a few more weeks left. I love the characters that have been promoted to regular for next season.
Looking at the wiki I see that Roy Harper (Red Arrow/Arsenal) and Slade Wilson (Deathstroke) will both returning next season, is there anyone else?

Hopefully they decide to call Roy's character Red Arrow (Ok) or Arsenal (Better) instead of Speedy (Stupid) whenever they decide to bring him to that point.

Hopefully Deathstroke kills everyone who sucks.

Hopefully the Dark Archer kills everyone Deathstroke doesn't kill, because he has become quite the badass

I still think Nightwing should make a cameo at some point as well (obviously just a cameo) considering how much time they spend talking about Bludhaven. Having him hunt down Deathstroke with the Green Arrow would be sick.

....Reposting my last post so I don't double post. These long waits between episodes are kind of silly.

Awesome picture while we wait for tonight: One potential future for this show.

Old 08-28-2013, 02:58 AM   #42
OceanH

Ocean H's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts   Over Achiever - Bronze
https://twitter.com/CW_Arrow/status/372429586585227264

Old 09-05-2013, 09:42 PM   #43
Iceskater101

iceskater101's Gamercard

Wednesday October 9th is so far from now!!!! I really do enjoy this show and I am glad that they brought back Felicity, she really wasn't supposed to have a big role but I really like her a lot.

credits to DEG23
Old 09-05-2013, 11:18 PM   #44
Rapture639

Rapture639's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Fight Club Challenge Club - Tier 2   Fight Club Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - KillerBEA   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
Quote:
Wednesday October 9th is so far from now!!!! I really do enjoy this show and I am glad that they brought back Felicity, she really wasn't supposed to have a big role but I really like her a lot.
Yeah, she ended up being a charming character who added some more depth and comedy relief to Oliver and Diggle's persona.

Maybe they already explained this in season one (and I just forgot), but how are they going to explain why she's still helping out Oliver now that Walter Steel is back? I mean, didn't she say that finding him was the only reason why she was helping Oliver in the first place, and that she would stop once he's back?

Be a Hunter, not a Hater.
Keep Calm and Achieve On!
Quote:
Originally Posted by BiggD View Post
Wow. I'm a fucking dumbass.
Rapture639 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 07:16 AM   #45
Shiftie

Quote:
Originally Posted by OceanH View Post

Slade should just get his own show.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapture639 View Post

Maybe they already explained this in season one (and I just forgot), but how are they going to explain why she's still helping out Oliver now that Walter Steel is back? I mean, didn't she say that finding him was the only reason why she was helping Oliver in the first place, and that she would stop once he's back?
Maybe cause crime fighting is awesome?

Old 09-07-2013, 05:36 AM   #46
Avenger PR

Send a message via Yahoo to Avenger PR Send a message via Skype™ to Avenger PR

Avenge12PR's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
i really liked the show... I am even following Stephen Ammel on Facebook... he is posting pics of the making off forseson 2! Looking great! And Flash will be appering in season 2!

Look for Code Pac @ Facebook.
Avenger PR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 11:02 PM   #47
Shiftie

http://tvline.com/2013/09/04/arrow-c...ller-season-2/

White Queen (as the head of A.R.G.U.S) and Bronze Tiger confirmed for season 2..

Old 10-14-2013, 02:19 AM   #48
Iceskater101

iceskater101's Gamercard

Season 2 premiere was perfect. It connected back to the last season really well, and it really had some exciting things going on. The fact that Laurel and Oliver can't be together(yet..) and Laurel's new job. This new Summer girl who is a piece of work and it was nice to see the return of his step dad I can't remember his name at the moment.

All in all I think season 2 will be wayy better than season 1.

Thoughts?

credits to DEG23
Old 10-14-2013, 05:07 AM   #49
Darth VeX

Darth VeX's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts
Quote:
All in all I think season 2 will be wayy better than season 1.

Thoughts?
The fact that Sara is still alive and she is the first "Canary" ... it will definitely make Season Two pretty epic.

It's unfortunate that they brought in a pretty good actress to play Sara Lance/The Black Canary (Caity Lotz) ... and she's probably going to die (for real this time) at the end of the season so that Laurel can eventually take her place.

Still, it should be a pretty epic season I think.

Darth VeX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 09:08 PM   #50
Kringrose

ThorneBreak's Gamercard
Catching this on Netflix now. Seems like a good show.
Kringrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 05:49 PM   #51
Iceskater101

iceskater101's Gamercard

Yeah I mean this season is definitely going to be better than the first.

Though Laurel Lance is really bugging me. She hates the hood for not saving Tommy but c'mon now.. I mean sometimes people die and the hood can't save everyone..

Hopefully she turns herself around in the next couple of episodes.

credits to DEG23
Old 10-20-2013, 11:33 PM   #52
Rapture639

Rapture639's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Fight Club Challenge Club - Tier 2   Fight Club Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - KillerBEA   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)
I'm liking how they are addressing Oliver's murderous intent (and how many dead bodies he left) in the first season and how he's trying to change now for the sake of Tommy's memory. It always bugged me that he actually killed people, seeing as how he's supposed to be a super hero and that's suppose to be their number one rule. Of course, this is a more mature show and he does shoot people with arrows after all, but I'm glad that they were moving away from that persona of justifying murder for the sake of "saving the city" and more towards the hero that he's suppose to be.

I also had no idea that Summer Glau to be in this series but it's a welcome surprise. I wonder how much of a role she'll play in this season but seeing as how she's suppose to be Oliver's partner in the company, it'll be interesting to see how that relationship plays out.

The cliff hanger at the end of the second episode of season 2 really makes me want to see what happens in episode 3 as well

Quote:

Last edited by Rapture639; 10-20-2013 at 11:38 PM.
Old 10-21-2013, 01:18 AM   #53
duffstuff2009

Finally caught up with season 1. Excited to start watching season 2 episodes now!
duffstuff2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 12:26 AM   #54
Rapture639

Rapture639's Gamercard

Well the cliffhanger at the end of episode 2 didn't quite end as I thought it was going to, but it was still a nice surprise.

I also think its awesome that they're finally diving into the expanded DC universe with the inclusion of villains from other series like Ra's al Ghul. It'll be interesting to see how big a role he plays going into season 2.

Quote:
Old 10-26-2013, 04:39 PM   #55
Shiftie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapture639 View Post
Well the cliffhanger at the end of episode 2 didn't quite end as I thought it was going to, but it was still a nice surprise.

I also think its awesome that they're finally diving into the expanded DC universe with the inclusion of villains from other series like Ra's al Ghul. It'll be interesting to see how big a role he plays going into season 2.
I totally called Black Canary coming to the rescue I was not, however, expecting her to be trained by Ra's al Ghul, which I think is kind of dumb right now since she doesn't seem at all like a member of the League of Shadows. I'm kind of curious of the clocktower Black Canary is hiding in atm will be converted to The Watchtower at some point. Working out of a basement does not seem all that advantageous, but maybe it has a better location than the tower.

It was interesting to see Slade on fire.. I'm definitely interested in seeing how that pans out since he still needs to lose an eye at some point, but I couldn't really tell whether his hands were on fire or his face and hands. Fire face would be a good reason to start wearing his mask.

Last edited by Shiftie; 10-26-2013 at 04:47 PM.
Old 10-26-2013, 06:44 PM   #56
Darth VeX

Darth VeX's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiftie View Post
I totally called Black Canary coming to the rescue I was not, however, expecting her to be trained by Ra's al Ghul, which I think is kind of dumb right now since she doesn't seem at all like a member of the League of Shadows. I'm kind of curious of the clocktower Black Canary is hiding in atm will be converted to The Watchtower at some point. Working out of a basement does not seem all that advantageous, but maybe it has a better location than the tower.

It was interesting to see Slade on fire.. I'm definitely interested in seeing how that pans out since he still needs to lose an eye at some point, but I couldn't really tell whether his hands were on fire or his face and hands. Fire face would be a good reason to start wearing his mask.
It's not entirely unheard of for Black Canary to have a connection to the League or to Ra's, though never one that was so direct. In the comics, she received training by a former League of Assassins (that's the pre-Batman Begins name of League of Shadows before Nolan just decided to rename it) member, which connected her to them.

I'm sure the tower is definitely a reference to Watchtower, but Watchtower was a name given to Justice League bases of MANY different formats. However, after Smallville, the old-clocktower look is easily recognizable to many fans. I think that's why they included it.

As for Slade ... they're definitely doing a good job of keeping us on our toes as to whether he'll become Deathstroke, or whether his former partner, Billy Wintergreen will ... even when they dueled and Slade stabbed him in the eye, it wasn't made clear whether Billy was dead or not. He probably is and Slade will become Deathstroke ... but still, could go either way

---

My issue with that 3rd episode though ... after "the Arrow" and former Detective Lance were working together and walking around together for hours and hours, how did Lance NOT recognize Oliver?!? His cowl + eye makeup is really a shitty disguise IMO. Hell, I'm still surprised that Laurel hasn't recognized him yet.

Also, after that episode, I'm pretty much convinced that Sara knows who he is ... that is, she knows that Oliver is "the Arrow".

One last thing ... I don't think Roy will ever become "Speedy" in this series. Mostly because of the speedy reference to Oliver's sister. I think he'll go straight to being Arsenal or Red Arrow.

Old 10-29-2013, 06:25 AM   #57
Ctrl Alt Defeat

CtrI Alt Defeat's Gamercard
Does anyone find Felicity really attractive?

Thanks to the man Slaughter for the godlike sig!
343 Pls.
Ctrl Alt Defeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 06:49 AM   #58
Darth VeX

Darth VeX's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ctrl Alt Defeat View Post
Does anyone find Felicity really attractive?

I'm married, so it's hard to say.

Nevermind, the wife walked into the other room. YES!!!!

Old 11-07-2013, 01:28 AM   #59
Iceskater101

iceskater101's Gamercard

Felicity is so cute! I love her. She is super pretty and I love how she is a nerdy computer girl. She is probably my favorite character on the show.

credits to DEG23
Old 11-08-2013, 02:07 AM   #60
Metabolic XBA
Run, you clever boy...

Metabolic XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff - Community and Events Team   Submit - Bronze   Achievement Guide - Silver   Road Map - Silver   Free Agents - Second Place   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Silver   Scratch the SURFACE Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   XBA Representer
Total Awards: 19 (more» ...)
I just recently got on board with this show and binge watched the whole first season, didn't watch it last year because after the first few episodes I had the next few weeks on my dvr and the wife deleted them, I didn't want to watch them out of sequence.

Gotta say I freaking love this show, last weeks Ra's Al Ghul reference was so out of the blue, and this week they referenced Talia too. Little disappointed that Canary left town, probably mean the League of Assassin's storyline will goon the back burner for a bit. Hopefully though they can develop Roy some more, I agree with Vex that he will just become Arsenal. He did repaint that arrow red after all. I'm looking forward to how they handle actual powers in this universe too.

**Thanks to Rajeanero for the sig**

Metabolic XBA is offline   Reply With Quote