PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 LIVE Arcade Games > Adventure > The Walking Dead > Episode 4: Around Every Corner
Subscribe    Donate

View Poll Results: How many times did you die in this episode?
Not a single time! I am pro! 5 7.81%
1 to 3 times 33 51.56%
4 to 6 times 13 20.31%
7 to 10 times 9 14.06%
More than 10 times! I am bad! 0 0%
I dont know?? I was too into the story to remember! 4 6.25%
Voters: 64. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-12-2012, 06:37 AM   #1
Arsenic 17

Arsenic 17's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Micro Guide - Silver   Submit - Diamond   Over Achiever - Bronze   Arcade Crazy - Silver   Road Map - Diamond   Achievement Guide - Diamond   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 9 (more» ...)
How many times did you die in Episode 4?

Dying seems to remove me from the game. I enjoy the rush of trying to survive, but sometimes if you dont pay very close attention to figure out exactly what the game wants you to do, you die.

I died probably around 8-12 times in this one...mostly when going up through the armory to get thru the walkers.

GOAL : 300,000 Gamersore by Dec 31, 2015 -
331 COMPLETED GAMES (116 WP / 84 360 / 32 W8 / 2 GFWL / 15 XB1 / 81 XBLA / 3 Other)

Check out my 130 Achievement Guides <HERE>

Follow me on Twitter and Instagram: @Lumiatography < LINK
Arsenic 17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 08:13 AM   #2
shinobigarth

Send a message via Skype™ to shinobigarth

ShinobiGarth's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
it was somewhere around 10 i think? that part with the staircase was kinda silly. though when i got that shotgun in my hands, i really just wanted to stand there and kill tons of zombies. but i forgot this isnt Resident Evil, Lee is really slow at pumping it and the shot doesnt spread out like a shotgun either, so you cant take out multiple ones at once. once i stopped screwing around, i died a few times trying to get my foot out of the boards, cause you have to look up and check all the time since you cant hear them coming.

MSG me on Live!
shinobigarth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 08:59 AM   #3
TheNarrator23

TheNarrator23's Gamercard
the staircase part was a bitch. I didn't realise you could shoot walkers before they were right in front of you, died 2x there. Died 1 time trying to chop a walker but I missed the button
TheNarrator23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 09:48 AM   #4
a7x4lyf3

Dementhis's Gamercard
To be completely honest I didn't die at all, I've played these episodes enough to realize you need to be fully alert no matter what is going on.

Pretty much when an action is happening and I see that crosshair on screen I know I'm going to have to be ready to aim and press that button, so I use my left hand to move the right joy stick and my right for the action button, works like a charm.
a7x4lyf3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 10:36 AM   #5
JuSt BLaZe

BLAZE VII's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Xbox One Maximum Clubs Novice   Submit - Diamond   5,000 Posts   Over Achiever - Gold   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
[x] 7 to 10 times haha I was way too tired and just want to get it done ASAP.

100% > Resident Evil - Remake Remastered (XboxOne & Playstation4)
100% > Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes (Xbox360 & XboxOne)
100% > Diablo III: Ultimate Evil Edition (Xbox360 & XboxOne)

-[RESIDENTEVIL]-
JuSt BLaZe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 10:56 AM   #6
Skorpion XBA
Guide Team

Skorpion XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Cops N' Robbers - Tier 1   Subscriber Clubs Baron   Road Map - Platinum   The Helping Hand   Staff Club - Skorpion XBA   Green Thumb - Emerald   Staff Club - troy0891   Micro Guide - Silver   Best of XBLA Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff - Guide Team   Achievement Guide - Gold   Subscriber - Silver
Total Awards: 41 (more» ...)
I chose 1-3. That crap where you had to run and jump to grab Molly's hand is where I died.
Old 10-12-2012, 11:17 AM   #7
Baihu1983

Baihu1983's Gamercard

In the sewer 2 twice and the stairs once.

3rd November 2012 - Joined the 100K club

IF YOU SEND ME A FRIEND REQUEST OVER LIVE PLEASE ALSO SEND A MESSAGE SAYING WHY.

Raptar
Voice

Baihu1983 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 12:32 PM   #8
Starkweather

At least 6 or 7. I tend to mess up a bit every episode this time the culprits were the stair bit and the trying to close the door, I didn't see the axe first few times.
Old 10-12-2012, 01:47 PM   #9
Xynthes

Xynthes's Gamercard
I died twice but neither time was to a walker.

First time was Vernon shooting Lee in the head, was calm and rational with him but it wouldn't register me taking the gun from him so headshot.

Second was for not grabbing Molly's hand. Thought the whole scene was automatic but noticed at the last second you had to grab her hand...clicked too late.
Xynthes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 02:13 PM   #10
THE DEADLY DOG
Max'd Guiding Mod Dog

Send a message via AIM to THE DEADLY DOG Send a message via Skype™ to THE DEADLY DOG

THE DEADLY DOG's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Silver   5,000 Posts   Xbox One Maximum Clubs Apprentice   Micro Guide - Diamond   Road Map - Platinum   Achievement Guide - Platinum   Impossible Trinity - Gold   Staff Club - Madhatters13   Green Thumb - Bronze   Staff - Moderator   Submit - Diamond   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 2
Total Awards: 21 (more» ...)
Is it bad that I love reading how people screw up? Probably yeah.

Died purposefully in the sewers after I clicked A on the zombie and shot it instead of killing it with Hilda.

I don't think I died any other times. The stairscase didn't really throw me for a loop but I was almost geek food until I realized I could look up and blast some walkers.

About Me (XBA Interview) | Explore Max Clubs | Create the G&RMs of the Future | Ultimate XBA FAQ
Shutdown Server List | My Twitch

A great writer borrows from many sources to create their own work. A poor writer borrows from many sources and creates nothing original.
THE DEADLY DOG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 03:43 PM   #11
Lord Montymort

Brianx88's Gamercard

I died twice. Once on the stairs because I attempted to pull my leg out twice without looking for Walkers between them, and once in the sewers because I shot the Hand of the Walker below the grate instead of using the climbing axe attracting the attention of the rest.
Lord Montymort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 03:44 PM   #12
Arsenic 17

Arsenic 17's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Micro Guide - Silver   Submit - Diamond   Over Achiever - Bronze   Arcade Crazy - Silver   Road Map - Diamond   Achievement Guide - Diamond   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 9 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by shinobigarth View Post
it was somewhere around 10 i think? that part with the staircase was kinda silly. though when i got that shotgun in my hands, i really just wanted to stand there and kill tons of zombies. but i forgot this isnt Resident Evil, Lee is really slow at pumping it and the shot doesnt spread out like a shotgun either, so you cant take out multiple ones at once. once i stopped screwing around, i died a few times trying to get my foot out of the boards, cause you have to look up and check all the time since you cant hear them coming.
Quote:
Originally Posted by a7x4lyf3 View Post
To be completely honest I didn't die at all, I've played these episodes enough to realize you need to be fully alert no matter what is going on.

Pretty much when an action is happening and I see that crosshair on screen I know I'm going to have to be ready to aim and press that button, so I use my left hand to move the right joy stick and my right for the action button, works like a charm.
Yeah I was using a similar control method, until I realized you can use the dpad instead of the axby buttons for actions. Makes the game so much easier. You can hold the controller normally and I think you can react quicker since you have to move you finger less.

GOAL : 300,000 Gamersore by Dec 31, 2015 -
331 COMPLETED GAMES (116 WP / 84 360 / 32 W8 / 2 GFWL / 15 XB1 / 81 XBLA / 3 Other)

Check out my 130 Achievement Guides <HERE>

Follow me on Twitter and Instagram: @Lumiatography < LINK
Arsenic 17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 03:52 PM   #13
VerifyedRasta

VerifyedRasta's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by THE DEADLY DOG View Post
Died purposefully in the sewers after I clicked A on the zombie and shot it instead of killing it with Hilda.
I did the same thing haha! But it seems like the choice between shooting the zombie or killing it with Hilda didn't really matter in the long run. Not like you ran out of ammo or anything.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xynthes View Post
First time was Vernon shooting Lee in the head, was calm and rational with him but it wouldn't register me taking the gun from him so headshot.
Really? I wasn't aware that this could happen! I calmly took the gun from him and he did nothing.
*Becomes Arch-Mage of Mage's college*
"You know..."
VerifyedRasta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 06:36 PM   #14
Inebriated Jedi

Send a message via Skype™ to Inebriated Jedi

Inebriated Jedi's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Silver   Staff Club - Inebriated Jedi   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Best of XBLA Challenge Club - Tier 1   Three Lives Remaining - Finalist   Donator - Level 1   Staff Club - AOS Puck   Staff Club - TemporalWizard   Staff Club - * Clueless *   XBA Promoter   1,000 Posts   Gamer Chick!
Total Awards: 12 (more» ...)
Three times. Once in the sewers, and twice on the staircase.

This was probably the toughest episode so far, but that's not saying much. The game is still too easy.

Inebriated Jedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 07:50 PM   #15
VerifyedRasta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inebriated Jedi View Post
The game is still too easy.
Too easy or easy enough? You say it as if it's a bad thing. A game like this shouldn't be about difficulty at all.
"You know..."
Old 10-12-2012, 08:47 PM   #16
Xynthes

Xynthes's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by VerifyedRasta View Post
Really? I wasn't aware that this could happen! I calmly took the gun from him and he did nothing.
If you take too long to calmly take the gun away he shoots you. Lee just stood there the first time I tried because it wouldn't register the fact I was telling him to do so. My second attempt worked fine so either the game glitched the first attempt or my controller just really wanted Lee to die.
Xynthes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 10:22 PM   #17
JohnXJericho

Send a message via Yahoo to JohnXJericho Send a message via Skype™ to JohnXJericho
I died once, When i was stuck in the stairs toward the end and i reached for my drink and a crawling woman zombie snagged me..
Old 10-12-2012, 10:53 PM   #18
WalterWhite

Awards Showcase The Mighty Duck Face   5,000 Posts   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Bronze
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Glad to see everyone else found the stairway part as annoying as I did. I dled about five times there. With everyone having the same thing happen I'd say it boils down to bad design for that moment in the game.
Old 10-12-2012, 10:54 PM   #19
Prime8

I be terrible's Gamercard
I didn't die at all this episode. Everything seemed pretty clear cut what you had to do. I think the only time I died in this entire series was Episode 2 when you confront Brenda on the staircase with the shotgun.

Reached 100K on 1/2/14
Achievement: Killer Instinct - Jago Apprentice for 20 GS

Prime8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 12:36 AM   #20
VerifyedRasta

Quote:
Originally Posted by WalterWhite View Post
Glad to see everyone else found the stairway part as annoying as I did. I dled about five times there. With everyone having the same thing happen I'd say it boils down to bad design for that moment in the game.
I wouldn't go as far as to call it bad design. An increase in difficulty doesn't necessarily mean it was designed poorly.
"You know..."
Old 10-13-2012, 04:22 AM   #21
WalterWhite

Awards Showcase The Mighty Duck Face   5,000 Posts   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Bronze
Quote:
Originally Posted by VerifyedRasta View Post
I wouldn't go as far as to call it bad design. An increase in difficulty doesn't necessarily mean it was designed poorly.
I don't think it was difficult so much as confusing and kind of bumbly. I felt the same way about the part where you were crouched in the sewer tunnels but that mostly had to do with the camera angles. I would love to know who decided the cursor movement should be mapped to the right stick and not even have the option to change it, I find that akward too. Tiny gripes is all.
Old 10-13-2012, 04:27 AM   #22
HugTheBear

FuzzyDonkeyLegs's Gamercard

4-6... 5 exactly.

The sewers got me once.. Shot my gun instead of using the pick.
The school got me twice.. Booze in my system + free aim = death.
The stairs got me twice.. Couldn't get my leg out in time.

Last edited by HugTheBear; 10-13-2012 at 07:52 PM.
HugTheBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 04:31 AM   #23
xKRAIZEEMANx

xKRAIZEEMANx's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze   Over Achiever - Bronze   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
I died 3 times....
The first time was intentional (In the sewers), as I accidentally used the handgun, and wanted to use the pick-axe thingy...thankfully it let me re-do that part.

The other two times were on the stairs...I finally just shot all the damned "geeks" and managed to pull my leg free. Man, do those zombies love to go straight for your stomach...yechhh

xKRAIZEEMANx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 04:46 AM   #24
WalterWhite

Quote:
Originally Posted by xKRAIZEEMANx View Post
I died 3 times....
The first time was intentional (In the sewers), as I accidentally used the handgun, and wanted to use the pick-axe thingy...thankfully it let me re-do that part.

The other two times were on the stairs...I finally just shot all the damned "geeks" and managed to pull my leg free. Man, do those zombies love to go straight for your stomach...yechhh
I did the exact same thing and was also happy I got a second chance.
Old 10-13-2012, 08:10 AM   #25
UberPirateNinja

UberPirateNinja's Gamercard

Awards Showcase XBA Promoter   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Bronze   1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
1 time in the sewers, but that was more my own stupidity as I didn't realise you could sneak through the locked gate after the first wheel. Going back out into the main hallway, with a walker right there, was a bad choice!

Then 3 times on the stairs.
UberPirateNinja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 09:37 AM   #26
FuzzMan3000

fuzzman3000's Gamercard
Just the once where you get your leg stuck in the stairs. Once realising it was shoot zombie, look at leg, shoot zombie, look at leg etc it was pretty easy.
Old 10-13-2012, 07:33 PM   #27
phenixdwn

phenixdwn's Gamercard
I died 3 times. Twice on the stairs and once somewhere towards the beginning I forget where though..
phenixdwn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 07:14 AM   #28
Jamski

Send a message via Skype™ to Jamski

jamski07's Gamercard
6 in total. 3 on the stairs, once at the very beginning, once shooting the walkers to get the meds and once trying the get the gun from vernon.

Daddy, husband, designer, gamer, geek

Xbox One, Xbox 360 with Kinect, 40" LG LED TV, Roth Sub Zero sound bar

Jamski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 03:20 PM   #29
jason00

JasonGott's Gamercard
Twice -- Once when I screwed up getting the car battery out in time and once when jumping between buildings (didn't hit the button fast enough).
jason00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 04:30 PM   #30
cjdavies

cjdavies82's Gamercard

4 times getting battery out.
3 times on the stairs.
1 for the leap, wasn't quick enough.
1 in the swear, I was testing something out.