PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooters > Gears of War 3
Subscribe    Donate

Old 10-12-2012, 01:26 PM   #1
Waynimus

waynimus's Gamercard
Why So Seriously 3.0? Unlocked!

Check out my Seriously 3.0 Youtube playlist HERE for methods. Items needed 3x Xbox 360 consoles, 3x Gears of War 3 games, total of 6x Xbox 360 controllers, and 5 elastic bands. See my playlist, videos should be pretty self explanatory.

Any questions, please ask.

Unlocked Seriously 3.0 this morning!

Last edited by Waynimus; 10-12-2012 at 01:31 PM.
Waynimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 02:08 PM   #2
theo

Theo Boots's Gamercard
So much equipment AND 3 times the gears game.
Must have been really desperate for the achievement.

How long did it take you?

theo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 02:14 PM   #3
Waynimus

waynimus's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by theo View Post
So much equipment AND 3 times the gears game.
Must have been really desperate for the achievement.
Wanted the achievement, for sure. We had 2 Xbox's in the home already so was going to use them anyway, the third one come about when I managed to bag the Gears 3 Xbox console for 145; just seemed like a no brainer to then put that to use for Seriously 3.0.

At the Gears 3 launch I ended up buying the Epic Edt. with statue and Retro Lancer replica, and could not justify the RRP then for the new console when I had already slimmed up just months before. Nice price-drop though some 9mths later on the Gears Xbox, and it was too hard to resist.

Just to be clear, as much as I wanted that achievement, I would not have deliberatly gone out and spent money on a third console for no reason, it was more the fact it was the Gears Xbox that things just clicked into place.

And well, franky, Gears 3 can be had for less than a tenner now anyway pre-owned.

-- Time wise, I pretty much play Gears shitloads anyway, having said that just playing public and even against bots alone, I would expect I'd still be chasing the achievement well into next year. I'd say it probably took about 3 months once I switch gears and focused with the Xbox's.

I would try to break it down into smaller chunks. So lets say I need 22,000 kills across all weapons, I would try and aim for 1k kills per day. So that's 5 idle profile, elastic banded up, run over, instant down with scorcher, and pick off with either of the 3 rifles, or get double combo of pistol+headshots with Boltok and have them line up for you.

I had set myself a target date for Oct 31st, but more specifically wanted the achievement to pop before Halo 4 released. Some days you can stomach more than others, some days you just can't be assed, so when you can, it's just making up for lost time. Once the kills are out the way it's just a slow, but much less tedious grind for Skunker idled with KOTH -- alot of the other fluff just clicks into place while focusing on other medals.

Last edited by Waynimus; 10-12-2012 at 02:26 PM.
Old 10-12-2012, 02:41 PM   #4
theo

Theo Boots's Gamercard
Since you have the achievement ahead of schedule, octobre 31st.
You should just continue and get a high spot on the leaderboards.
It's easy to accomplish.

When I was boosting I had a similar setup with 4 xbox. (I had one and my friend had 3)
By getting a lot of kills in wingman I managed to get the no.1 spot on the leaderboards and stayed there for a couple of months. I was probably pretty high on other leaderboards as well.

Just because I'm curious. You didn't cheat with the War Supporter medal?

theo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 03:56 PM   #5
Waynimus

waynimus's Gamercard
I'm not too fussed about leaderoards, I'll admit to being an achievement whore (the reason I'm on this site) not a leaderboard whore.

Quote:
Originally Posted by theo View Post
Just because I'm curious. You didn't cheat with the War Supporter medal?
I've heard people talk about that before. Is there a known glitch or something then? I had War Supporter quite early on. I had a review copy of the game pre-release, so I assumed there was some early bug, as by release day and all my friends getting on it, I must have already had +15 headstart on War Supporter.
Old 10-12-2012, 07:10 PM   #6
Waynimus

waynimus's Gamercard
Meh, you know what I realised after watching that video back!? The fact that I quit, I did not get the XP that comes with the Extremely Serious medal. That must surely be some substantial XP as well. So, a bit gutted, but still glad to have it done at least. lvl76 atm, reckon it might have pushed me upto blue 80.

Although all the cheevos are done and dusted, for completionist sake within the game, need to hit that blue lvl100 for the final weapon skin, and, if I can be bothered to do any more Horde, still need to level up the Silverback to gain rockets.