PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Action > Resident Evil 6
Subscribe    Donate

Old 10-17-2012, 04:15 PM   #31
HamKet

Ham Salad's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Micro Guide - Silver   Submit - Gold   Achievement Guide - Silver   Road Map - Silver
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
For this point in "Sneaking Around"

4. There will be J'avo standing guard outside a door filled with more J'avo. Use your crossbow and headshot the guard so the others can't be alerted.

You can use your crossbow to shoot the button inside the room, which will trigger the alarm and cause the J'avo standing by the ladder to go inside the room. Doing this will not count as being spotted. I did this twice: first for the achievement (on Pro), and once again on a later run. Both times I got the medal at the end for not being spotted.

Also, for "Covered in Brass"

You can track your unique medals earned by visiting your Dog Tags, and looking at the Titles. There are three titles (I forget the names right now) for getting X amount of different medals in Campaign, Agent Hunt, and The Mercenaries. Just add them up to find out how many more you need for 150.

Last edited by HamKet; 10-17-2012 at 04:18 PM.
HamKet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 05:04 PM   #32
bs000

bs000's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Achievement Guide - Silver   Micro Guide - Bronze   Road Map - Gold   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
I actually just finished taking screencaps for covered in brass. :P Also thanks for the extra info on sneaking around.
Old 10-17-2012, 06:01 PM   #33
HamKet

Ham Salad's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Micro Guide - Silver   Submit - Gold   Achievement Guide - Silver   Road Map - Silver
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
I forgot one: Give a Little Push

You can track this by going to Records, then Weapon. Scroll Down to the Physical Attack "Push Away." This will show how many ledge kills you have.

I found it when I had 8 kills. I got two more, and got the achievement, so it appears to be the correct move to keep an eye on.
Old 10-18-2012, 02:26 PM   #34
* Clueless *

Clueless 726's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - * Clueless *   Submit - Silver   The Helping Hand   1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1   A+ Thread Award   Gamer Chick!
Total Awards: 7 (more» ...)
This guide looks great! Definitely worthy of a stick.

When it comes down to publishing we look at all the guides created and usually combine them using only the best descriptions/methods and give all authors involved joint credit.

Cheers!
* Clueless * is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 10:30 PM   #35
Agent Aero

Aero x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Gold   x360a Representer   Over Achiever - Bronze   Achievement Guide - Silver   Road Map - Gold   Word of Mouth   1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 8 (more» ...)
Great guide. If i had your little UI and HUD tooltips when i first started the game i would have been better off. Nice touch
Old 10-19-2012, 04:08 AM   #36
bs000

bs000's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Achievement Guide - Silver   Micro Guide - Bronze   Road Map - Gold   Submit - Bronze
Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent Aero View Post
Great guide. If i had your little UI and HUD tooltips when i first started the game i would have been better off. Nice touch
Thanks new best friend

Does anyone know if I Prefer Them Alive can be missed at all? I took over 5 minutes to kill the Leposita the first time but still unlocked it.

I also updated some of the achievements with more info and added some more videos.

Last edited by bs000; 10-19-2012 at 04:11 AM.
bs000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 05:42 AM   #37
VerifyedRasta

VerifyedRasta's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by bs000 View Post
Does anyone know if I Prefer Them Alive can be missed at all?
I Prefer Them Alive is, in fact, missable. I was playing on professional on my first playthrough and the Leposita pretty much turned everyone in the cathedral into a zombie so it didn't unlock.
*Becomes Arch-Mage of Mage's college*
"You know..."
VerifyedRasta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 07:48 AM   #38
Redemption Mode

Makaveli x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
On the Bob and Weave Achievement, does it have to be an instant kill? Because I've tried this on the opening scene with Jake while being held captive along with Sherry...

Note: I just got the Achievement, and it looks like you DO need to kill them on the QTE...

Last edited by Redemption Mode; 10-19-2012 at 07:55 AM.
Redemption Mode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 11:17 AM   #39
Devil Dogg 0311

Devil Dogg O311's Gamercard
Great guide ill be using this thanks
Old 10-19-2012, 07:06 PM   #40
Raziyel84

Raziyel's Gamercard
Don't know why this game got so much stick, the more i play it the more i like it
Raziyel84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 07:06 PM   #41
Raziyel84

Raziyel's Gamercard
Great guide by the way, will definitely be using it.
Raziyel84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 07:32 AM   #42
bs000

bs000's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by VerifyedRasta View Post
I Prefer Them Alive is, in fact, missable. I was playing on professional on my first playthrough and the Leposita pretty much turned everyone in the cathedral into a zombie so it didn't unlock.
Okay, cool thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by JuanOrtizSr View Post
On the Bob and Weave Achievement, does it have to be an instant kill? Because I've tried this on the opening scene with Jake while being held captive along with Sherry...

Note: I just got the Achievement, and it looks like you DO need to kill them on the QTE...
Did you do anything else in between the counters?
Old 10-23-2012, 02:15 AM   #43
GuardianE

Great guide. Thanks for all the help.
GuardianE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 09:43 AM   #44
Tyger7

Send a message via AIM to Tyger7 Send a message via Yahoo to Tyger7 Send a message via Skype™ to Tyger7

tyger7's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Micro Guide - Gold   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   5,000 Posts   Submit - Silver   XBA Promoter   Staff Club - Tyger7   The Helping Hand   Referrals - Silver   Road Map - Diamond   Achievement Guide - Diamond   A+ Thread Award   PAX Meet 2010
Total Awards: 15 (more» ...)
Just writing a few things out as I have been playing the game. I looked at your descriptions and if you want to add any of this information you can (or just pull details out that you may have overlooked).

B.O.W.S ARE UGLY

There are a total of 4 different enemies that hatch from the Chrysalid. These can be looked at in your Records menu. This way you can add the 4 enemy types up and know how much you have towards your 100. And no, killing the Chrysalid will not help, achievement specifically says enemies that have "come out of".

Strelats: This looks like a lizard and runs a lot. It loves long distance, so try to close the distance to take it out.
Mesets: A flying enemy that is the least likely for you to run into. It is weak but can be annoying if you don't take it out first if other enemies are around. You might be lucky to see a couple of them in an entire playthrough (if at all).
Napad: Heavily armored enemies you likely encounter most. You will have to attack it's shell first, then finish it off.
Gnezdo: A swarm of bugs controlled by a bigger insect whom only appears after you shoot the swarm a little bit. The only way to kill it is to kill the controlling insect (the greenish yellow one).

Finish What You Start

This can only be done on certain types of enemies (not basic enemies like zombies) I think. I have completed 8 total chapters and only have 11. I melee and use quite a lot too. You can check the stats for this in the Weapons part of your records. The enemies actually must be defeated upon using it, or it will not count towards the achievement. The number you are looking for is "Enemies Defeated" not "Times Used".

Bob and Weave

Just my opinion, but so far the easiest enemies to get this with is in Leon's chapter 2 where you are in a graveyard. There are zombies that have shovels. They are very slow to attack.

I Prefer Them Alive

Of course if anyone is having trouble, a reminder is that when you get unlimited ammo (grenade launcher) after beating all campaigns, you can play the chapter on the easiest setting and completely destroy this enemy before it can do much damage. Bring a friend for fun too.

Flying Ace

You get shot at all? Think crashing your jet to start over will erase the game's knowledge that you got hit? Nope. After being hit, I crashed on purpose to reload my checkpoint. I finished without getting hit and no achievement unlocked. Sadly it's at the end of the chapter.

Boosting Skill Points (Chris Chapter 4)

It might help to point out whenever you are boosting like this, you can play on the easiest setting and it will not make you get "less" points. It does not change in difficulty. Also, if you want to make it faster and use less ammo, make sure you have Firearm, Critical Hit and a third of your choice (like Melee or Piercing). No need for anything defensive since you are on an easier setting and will be killing them a lot quicker, meaning less chance they can injure you.
Tyger7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 10:40 PM   #45
bs000

bs000's Gamercard

I added image and enemy types to chrysilids. For finish what you start, I unlocked the achievement after flashing a regular enemy and hitting RT. For Flying Ace I thought I was pretty clear that you have to hit and restart checkpoint but I added a note that if you dieing and continueing negates the achievement.

Okay, cool, thanks

Last edited by bs000; 10-24-2012 at 09:14 AM.
Old 10-24-2012, 11:08 PM   #46
jules the great

Send a message via AIM to jules the great

OldSchoolJules's Gamercard

Awards Showcase XBA Promoter   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Another 1k in the books, thanx for the guide.
Old 10-25-2012, 01:28 AM   #47
ponypo2001

ponypo2001's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts   Achievement Guide - Silver   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Road Map - Bronze
Just an ammendment for Weapons Master. You do not need any kills with grenades. I just unlocked it and didn't have 10 kills with any of the grenade types.

ponypo2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 10:40 AM   #48
bs000

bs000's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by ponypo2001 View Post
Just an ammendment for Weapons Master. You do not need any kills with grenades. I just unlocked it and didn't have 10 kills with any of the grenade types.
Neat :O. Updated guide.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent Aero View Post
I found a neat little trick to help through the harder difficulties.

After you hit a checkpoint mid game, if you don't have full/much health you can simply let yourself die in any way and when the checkpoint reloads you'll have full health again. This saves your herbs and first aid spray for those really tricky moments.

You'll get a notification of a checkpoint in the top left corner of your screen.

Also note you have to die or kill yourself and hit Yes from the continue screen. Reloading the checkpoint doesn't work.
Buuuut, I already wrote that. Did you not read the whole guide? Why not? Oh, okay. D: I still love you anyway.
Old 10-26-2012, 03:51 PM   #49
Agent Aero

Aero x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Gold   x360a Representer   Over Achiever - Bronze   Achievement Guide - Silver   Road Map - Gold   Word of Mouth   1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 8 (more» ...)
Quote:
Neat :O. Updated guide.

Buuuut, I already wrote that. Did you not read the whole guide? Why not? Oh, okay. D: I still love you anyway.
My bad! I read just the achievements i need
And i skim read the whole thing but i must have missed it. Sorry.
Old 10-30-2012, 09:39 AM   #50
Tyger7

Send a message via AIM to Tyger7 Send a message via Yahoo to Tyger7 Send a message via Skype™ to Tyger7

tyger7's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Micro Guide - Gold   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   5,000 Posts   Submit - Silver   XBA Promoter   Staff Club - Tyger7   The Helping Hand   Referrals - Silver   Road Map - Diamond   Achievement Guide - Diamond   A+ Thread Award   PAX Meet 2010
Quote:
updated guide
If you want to throw this link into the emblem achievement you can.

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/f...d.php?t=390284

It's a written with pictures type of guide. This comes in handy for people who don't have fast internet or don't want to skip around a youtube video looking for one emblem. Not that the video ones are bad, but some people just can't do it based on their internet or if they are on mobile devices.

Last edited by Tyger7; 10-31-2012 at 02:15 AM.
Old 10-30-2012, 11:07 AM   #51
bs000

bs000's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyger7 View Post
If you want to throw this link into the emblem achievement you can.

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/f...d.php?t=390284

It's a written with pictures type of guide. This comes in handy for people who don't have fast internet or don't want to skip around a youtube video looking for one emblem. Not that the video ones are bad, but some people just can't do it based on their internet or if they are on mobile devices.
Sweet, I added it to the guide. Buuuut I just submitted the guide earlier today. As a moderator and a member of the guide team, you can slip the changes in there somehow, right?

Last edited by Tyger7; 10-31-2012 at 02:15 AM.
Old 10-31-2012, 02:16 AM   #52
Tyger7

tyger7's Gamercard

Quote:
Sweet, I added it to the guide. Buuuut I just submitted the guide earlier today. As a moderator and a member of the guide team, you can slip the changes in there somehow, right?

Yep sure can
Old 10-31-2012, 03:20 AM   #53
VerifyedRasta

I find it odd that both guides don't state that some achievements are, in fact, missable to some extent. I guess with the addition of chapter select in most games nowadays that's why the achievements aren't being labelled as missable, but how do we really define missable? These chapters are VERY long and they are not split up what-so-ever. So missing an achievement is possible.
"You know..."
Old 10-31-2012, 05:19 AM   #54
bs000

bs000's Gamercard

I go by the definition in the guide for guides.

Quote:
The number of missable achievements obviously represents achievements that can be missed. However, when we say missed we mean that in the sense that there is something you can do in the game to miss this achievement to the point that you will have to start all over again to earn it.
http://www.xbox360achievements.org/f...d.php?t=109782

There's nothing here that makes it so you have to start from the beginning of the game. At worst, you'll replay 30-60 minutes of a chapter. I also mention in the guide that while nothing is technically missable, there are some that will require you to replay small portions of the game
Old 10-31-2012, 05:28 AM   #55
VerifyedRasta

Gotcha. It just raises awareness when I see that an achievement is "missable" as to not waste 30-60 minutes. Usually I'll look at a roadmap before I start a game and only check if there are missables since I'd rather avoid reading the entire guide and spoiling the game. After playing every campaign, ready to mop up, it really hurts seeing that I have to replay an entire chapter for one achievement.

I guess there are some achievements that can be called semi-missable? I think adding a note about that would be fine, but, as you said, you did mention that.
"You know..."
Old 10-31-2012, 08:17 AM   #56
Crash Geom

Crash Geom's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by VerifyedRasta View Post

I guess there are some achievements that can be called semi-missable? I think adding a note about that would be fine, but, as you said, you did mention that.
Wouldn't that pretty much apply to every single game? Very few games that you can just play through and get 1000 on your first try without knowing what the achievements are.
Crash Geom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 01:40 PM   #57
VerifyedRasta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crash Geom View Post
Wouldn't that pretty much apply to every single game? Very few games that you can just play through and get 1000 on your first try without knowing what the achievements are.
It wouldn't always apply to free roam/sandbox games. That being said, it's still hard to properly define "missable". We'll just go with X360A's definition then.
"You know..."
Old 10-31-2012, 02:05 PM   #58
LastKing721

LastKing721's Gamercard
Best guide i found for this game. You got everything on here!!
LastKing721 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 08:12 AM   #59
bs000

bs000's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by LastKing721 View Post
Best guide i found for this game. You got everything on here!!
Thanks new best friend
Old 12-16-2012, 01:27 PM   #60
m4milo

mamilo1's Gamercard
Thanks for the guide.