PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooters > Doom 3 BFG Edition
Subscribe    Donate

Old 10-18-2012, 07:49 PM   #31
schmageggey

Do the difficulty achievements stack?
schmageggey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 08:05 PM   #32
Nevander

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze   Referrals - Bronze   Road Map - Silver   Achievement Guide - Silver   5,000 Posts
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by schmageggey View Post
Do the difficulty achievements stack?
I am fairly sure they do. I have seen my friend's list and he did the Lost Mission on Marine and unlocked Recruit.

Signature by Gackt. Click it to visit the Classic FPS Gamers x360a social group!
Random friend requests or invites sent with no message will be deleted.
I have moved to PC gaming for the most part, so I won't be on Xbox LIVE much anymore.
Nevander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 10:57 PM   #33
odds323

i found the rage logo room in doom 3's lost mission here the video its right before the final boss

odds323 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 04:17 AM   #34
bLaKgRaVy

bLaKgRaVy's Gamercard

Awards Showcase XBA Promoter   Staff Club - Minty   Brick Builders & Busters Franchise Club - Tier 2   Brick Builders & Busters Franchise Club - Tier 1   Toilet Bowl Challenge Club - Tier 1   Over Achiever - Bronze   Road Map - Gold   Achievement Guide - Gold   1,000 Posts   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 10 (more» ...)
I'm positive that "Boomtastic" is cumulative.

I started one game and got to the first two barrels (where you have to kill that scientist to get his PDA after you go through the security office in Mars City where you get your pistol). I saved before I blew them up then reloaded 6 times for a total of 12 (this is when I posted on Tuesday that I would test and see if reloading worked). Well, since the reload times suck, I decided just to press on.

I figured I only had two barrels destroyed at that point, so I continued. When I got to Administration: Alpha Labs Hallway (where the two Imps blow through that door), I had maybe 11 or 12 destroyed (I do know it was at least 10). Since I had missed an early PDA (Mars City Underground: Garage), and since I wasn't too far into the game, I decided to start a new game.

I recounted every barrel I came across from the start and sure enough, when I got to the same point in Administration, I had 12 destroyed (so technically now I'm up to 36). I continued on, and towards the end of Alpha Labs Sector 1, I had destroyed another 7 (I hit these 7 after I had picked up the last PDA [Bernie Lipsitz] in Sector 1). There were 3 together, and I walked through a door and destroyed another 4 (so cumulatively, I'm at 43 now and I think I'm only at 19).

Well, luckily I had saved before this, and since I thought I miscounted, I again reloaded. I destroyed the 3 again and then the 4 in the next room and then the achievement unlocked. At 50 exactly.

So, this achievement is definitely cumulative within one game (Doom 3) if you keep reloading, even if you start a new game. I don't know if it counts if you destroy 30 in Doom 3, 10 in RoE and another 10 in Lost Mission, but I'm not gonna try it.

As I mentioned, after you get the last PDA in Sector 1, you'll come across 7 barrels in two adjacent rooms. If you think you're close and just want to get the achievement out of the way, this is a good place to reload (sorry, I don't remember what section/room these were in):

Quote:
The first room has one barrel standing by itself and two barrels next to each other (and a pistol Z-Sec shooting at you near the first barrel). If you turn right to go through a door, the walkway falls through and you have to jump up to keep going (it's not life threatening). A machine gun Z-Sec guy comes through that door if you take your time getting there. After you go through that door, something throws a barrel down at you from a ledge up on the left. If you sidestep the barrel, another one might be thrown down. Go up the stairs and you will see a Maggot and a machine gun Z-Sec guy along with two more barrels up there (three if the second one wasn't thrown down). Just save when you get to this first room and reload after you've destroyed all 7 barrels. If you've gotten them all up to this point, you should have 12 before you reach this room. It's just a matter of reloading 6 times and you'll get this achievement!
Since this works, I'm convinced that the 20 melee, chainsaw and Soul Cube kills will work as well. Incidentally, the melee achievement didn't unlock for me until I hit 28 kills. I had shot some to weaken them then melee'd them, so maybe those didn't count? I keep relatively good track of these kinds of achievements (especially for a game that doesn't have a tracker) and it was definitely 28 melees.

EDIT - According to KJT CD ACD on TA, you will hit 50 barrels in Doom 3 when you get to 'EnPro Plant: Lower Storage Hall', that is if you've found and destroyed every other barrel before this. So it can be done either way. It's only 10 gamerscore...
Guides/Roadmaps: Madden NFL 11 • Backyard Sports: Rookie Rush • Cyber Troopers Virtual-On Force [plus both DLC's] • Mayhem 3D • FGN Fun Pack • Dragon’s Lair • Kinect Sesame Street TV DVD • Kinect Sesame Street TV App: Season 1 • Marvel SHS: Comic Combat • Nickelodeon Dance 2 • The LEGO Movie Videogame [X360] • Assassin's Creed II
Guides/Roadmaps [co-author]: National Geographic Challenge!
Guides [co-author]: LEGO Batman 2: DC Super Heroes
Roadmaps: LEGO Star Wars III: The Clone Wars

Last edited by bLaKgRaVy; 10-19-2012 at 02:23 PM.
bLaKgRaVy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 12:39 PM   #35
xD Rick
Banned User

Send a message via MSN to xD Rick

xD Rick's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by bLaKgRaVy View Post
Yeah, I'm done putting everything in order but the data is not the right format to post here. It's in spreadsheet form and the columns just don't translate to text in a forum.

Maybe if Nevander can edit the first post of the Storage Locker & Door Codes thread to include this and highlight it so people can find it easy? Would that be an acceptable idea, Nevander?

Just uploaded it as an attachment here in .zip format...

I take no credit for the actual text in this spreadsheet, only reformatting it so it's in chronological order. Full credit should go to the author, Tim Morrow, with contributions by Wayne Kerr.

Tim's Doom 3 Page

EDIT - Updated the format of the spreadsheet and uploaded a new copy. Are people finding this helpful? Can people even download it?
Gonna use it as soon as I get home, later.
But I want to say thank you very much, sire.
It΄s goona be a hell of a help to have it all together.
xD Rick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 04:11 PM   #36
Nevander

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze   Referrals - Bronze   Road Map - Silver   Achievement Guide - Silver   5,000 Posts
Sorry about the collectable achievement guides, I've been kinda leaving you in the dark for those but I still don't even have my game yet! This is what happens when you have late shipping...

I'm going to be updating the guide soon with your spreadsheet and odd's videos.

Signature by Gackt. Click it to visit the Classic FPS Gamers x360a social group!
I have moved to PC gaming for the most part, so I won't be on Xbox LIVE much anymore.
Old 10-19-2012, 06:51 PM   #37
bLaKgRaVy

bLaKgRaVy's Gamercard

Awards Showcase XBA Promoter   Staff Club - Minty   Brick Builders & Busters Franchise Club - Tier 2   Brick Builders & Busters Franchise Club - Tier 1   Toilet Bowl Challenge Club - Tier 1   Over Achiever - Bronze   Road Map - Gold   Achievement Guide - Gold   1,000 Posts   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkforce412 View Post
i think Evil Collector is glitched. I checked some sites and followed all of them and ended up with 19 pdas. I have no idea whats going on and i hope someone can prove me wrong, cuz this really sucks.
I complied that list using IGN's PC walkthrough. It's missing one! I looked at three other walkthroughs/transcripts and all of them have a Leonard Avery PDA between Sean Gibson and Fred Grossan. I'm so sorry!

It's in: Erebus Level 5 - Erebus Research in the Armory.
This location is from http://planetdoom.gamespy.com/View.p...s.Detail&id=39

Incidentally, this website is also missing Leonard Avery's PDA...
http://segmentnext.com/2012/10/16/do...cations-guide/

EDIT
- Also missing Sean Weston's PDA. I believe it's the second one collected in the game.
Location: Erebus Level 2 - Erebus Dig Site: Central Excavation
So, now the total count including your PDA is 22.

Erebus
Level 2 - Erebus Dig Site: Maintenance Supply - Mark Tanner
Level 2 - Erebus Dig Site: Central Excavation - Sean Weston
Level 2 - Erebus Dig Site: Central Excavation - Gregory Martin
Level 3 - Erebus Labs: The Proving Grounds - Stewart Jackson
Level 3 - Erebus Labs: Medical Ward - Preston Glenn
Level 3 - Erebus Labs: Site 1 Research Access - Steven Crane
Level 3 - Erebus Labs: Artifact Storage - Viktor Kharkov
Level 4 - Erebus Control: Administration North Hall - Ron Gibbons
Level 4 - Erebus Control: Excavation Transfer - Mac Smith
Level 4 - Erebus Control: Lobby - Nathan Reynolds
Level 5 - Erebus Research: Cargo Storage Stairwell - Sean Gibson
Level 5 - Erebus Research: Armory - Leonard Avery
Level 6 - Erebus Station: Blocked Passage - Fred Grossman

Phobos Labs
Sector 1 - Teleportation: Utility Closet - Bernard Fresko
Sector 2 - Molecular Research: Conference Room - James Owens
Sector 2 - Molecular Research: Pumping Station - Seth Killian
Sector 2 - Molecular Research: Upper Walkway - Keith Noordy
Sector 2 - Molecular Research: Security Control - David Edens
Sector 3 - Main Reactor: Lower Maintenance - Nicolas Haag
Sector 1 - Teleportation: Airlock Access - Ronn Jolan

Delta Labs
Unknown - Union Aerospace Research Division: Common Area - Patrick Hook

This list has a transcript of every PDA in Doom 3, RoE and The Lost Mission. Finally, a confirmed list of Lost Mission PDA's to go along with xX GRIM R3AP3R's pics (link)

http://doomwiki.org/wiki/PDA
Guides/Roadmaps: Madden NFL 11 • Backyard Sports: Rookie Rush • Cyber Troopers Virtual-On Force [plus both DLC's] • Mayhem 3D • FGN Fun Pack • Dragon’s Lair • Kinect Sesame Street TV DVD • Kinect Sesame Street TV App: Season 1 • Marvel SHS: Comic Combat • Nickelodeon Dance 2 • The LEGO Movie Videogame [X360] • Assassin's Creed II

Last edited by bLaKgRaVy; 10-19-2012 at 07:28 PM.
Old 10-19-2012, 07:04 PM   #38
Raziyel84

Raziyel's Gamercard
Sweet guide mate, i'll definitely be using this one
Raziyel84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 07:35 PM   #39
Viper187

NoLifeDGenerate's Gamercard
Might be worth mentioning that 'Not a Scratch' works on Nightmare despite your health ticking down on it's own. People might wonder about that. I popped it on UAC Administration during my Nightmare run.

Seriously 2.0 and 3.0

Boycott XB1 until it can be bought WITHOUT Kinect!
Viper187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 08:56 PM   #40
JuSt BLaZe

BLAZE VII's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Diamond   5,000 Posts   Over Achiever - Gold   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nevander View Post
I'm definitely enjoying this one right now. Nice guide bro!

1st worldwide who "officially" completed [FLASHBACK] a 100%!
JuSt BLaZe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 02:51 AM   #41
bLaKgRaVy

bLaKgRaVy's Gamercard

Quote:

Too Slow, Fool! – 10
Kill 5 enemies at once while in Hell Time in RoE

You will first obtain Hell Time for the Artifact once you defeat the Helltime Hunter boss. Hell Time is this game’s version of slow motion. It is activated by using the Bloodstone (see “Evil Nightmare”). Simply try to find a group of five enemies and then activate the Bloodstone.
A most excellent spot for this:

EREBUS - LEVEL 3 - EREBUS LABS
After you obtain the second power cell from Administrative Office and are heading back towards Artifact Storage Control, you will hear laughter and the room turns red when you enter Lab Systems. This is a perfect place to use Hell Time since 9-10 zombies appear, making it easy.

This section is a few rooms after you pick up the third PDA (Steven Crane) of this section and a few rooms before you pick up the fourth (Viktor Kharkov).

Credit goes to xX GRIM R3AP3R

Last edited by bLaKgRaVy; 10-20-2012 at 02:53 AM.
Old 10-20-2012, 02:54 PM   #42
AnXiety88

CrReaM Fiend's Gamercard
will be using your guide man, can't believe how fast you've got this game done!
AnXiety88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 03:30 PM   #43
AnXiety88

CrReaM Fiend's Gamercard
Quote:
Thanks guys for all the great feedback and I will adjust the guide and update it in a little while, right now I am a bit dug in to Minecraft 1.8 update. Hang in there and everything will be changed.

So glad to hear I can save anywhere!
just a quick question nevander, how did you obtain the cube? do you have to complete the game? or finish it on nightmare?
AnXiety88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 04:40 PM   #44
bLaKgRaVy

bLaKgRaVy's Gamercard

Confirmed collectibles list for all three games!

It's in zipped spreadsheet form, so you have to be signed in to download it. The format is just too much to post everything here.

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/f...15&postcount=5

Last edited by bLaKgRaVy; 10-20-2012 at 04:55 PM.
Old 10-21-2012, 12:34 AM   #45
JV1027

JV1027's Gamercard
Nice guide
JV1027 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 05:27 PM   #46
M0rpheus

M0rpheus1894's Gamercard
can somebody confirm that if you miss a pda,movie or storage locker in yr first walkthrough, you DON'T have to search for everything again in the next walkthrough?
normaly this info is in guide but here it's seems to be missing... just to clear out any mistakes... was wondering because I've missed storage locker 003 and I'm now at monorail... ;( if you do have to search for it all over again I'm gonna sell the game LOL
M0rpheus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 07:47 PM   #47
bLaKgRaVy

bLaKgRaVy's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by M0rpheus View Post
can somebody confirm that if you miss a pda,movie or storage locker in yr first walkthrough, you DON'T have to search for everything again in the next walkthrough?
normaly this info is in guide but here it's seems to be missing... just to clear out any mistakes... was wondering because I've missed storage locker 003 and I'm now at monorail... ;( if you do have to search for it all over again I'm gonna sell the game LOL
Um, yeah, you're gonna have to do a whole other playthrough from beginning to end. This game doesn't let you go back to previously explored areas much,and there is no "chapter" select. You have to get every collectible, in order, in one playthrough, much like Rage.

Maybe Nevander should mention it in the roadmap that all collectibles must be obtained in one playthrough.

Seems a bit harsh that just because you missed one storage locker you're not going to enjoy the other four games on the disc. Are achievements your only concern here, not enjoying the game? I have to say, that's pretty lame.

Welcome to the forums.

Last edited by bLaKgRaVy; 10-21-2012 at 07:49 PM.
Old 10-21-2012, 07:48 PM   #48
Nevander

Quote:
Edit: Ninja'd lol

My first thought is that you would have to get everything again, however I am not entirely sure. It's possible that if you have a save near one you missed, you could theoretically load it and get the one you missed and trigger the achievement.

Old 10-21-2012, 07:52 PM   #49
bLaKgRaVy

bLaKgRaVy's Gamercard

Quote:
Edit: Ninja'd lol

My first thought is that you would have to get everything again, however I am not entirely sure. It's possible that if you have a save near one you missed, you could theoretically load it and get the one you missed and trigger the achievement.
Beat ya to it!

But if you have a save for a previous area, that would mean everything you obtained after that save would be lost, wouldn't it, since you technically haven't gotten anything yet. At least I would think so.

I've been making separate saves at the beginning of each area (Mars City, Underground, Mars City 2, Administration, etc...) just in case I found that if I had forgotten a collectible, I wouldn't have to start all over again from the very beginning. Luckily, since I started again after missing one PDA, I've gotten everything.
Old 10-21-2012, 11:09 PM   #50
M0rpheus

M0rpheus1894's Gamercard
Quote:
I have to say, that's pretty lame.
yeah maybe it's lame, it's just the fact since I reached the full 2000 on gears3 more then 7 months ago,I don't have the balls anymore to do those achievs, I'm not saying the game is bad, played it a few times on the original xbox in the old days, but achievos like that just ruins the game, searching for more then 100 collectibles in such a dark game and then they couldn't save it to another walkthrough is just such a shame they did that... and offcours I gonna play it till the end and those extra levels but that's it, life is to short to spend it on this..
cheers

Last edited by M0rpheus; 10-21-2012 at 11:11 PM.
Old 10-21-2012, 11:12 PM   #51
douch-bag

inFAMOUS VECS's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Another Great Guide!!! Thanks for your time and help.
Old 10-22-2012, 12:26 AM   #52
Darkblade252

darkblade252's Gamercard
Quote:
Confirmed collectibles list for all three games!

It's in zipped spreadsheet form, so you have to be signed in to download it. The format is just too much to post everything here.

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/f...15&postcount=5
Cant download because of my newbie post count lol. Lets make this count as one
Darkblade252 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 04:48 AM   #53
fragmaster69
Banned User

Quote:
Yeah, I'm done putting everything in order but the data is not the right format to post here. It's in spreadsheet form and the columns just don't translate to text in a forum.

Maybe if Nevander can edit the first post of the Storage Locker & Door Codes thread to include this and highlight it so people can find it easy? Would that be an acceptable idea, Nevander?

Just uploaded it as an attachment here in .zip format...

I take no credit for the actual text in this spreadsheet, only reformatting it so it's in chronological order. Full credit should go to the author, Tim Morrow, with contributions by Wayne Kerr.

Tim's Doom 3 Page

EDIT - Updated the format of the spreadsheet and uploaded a new copy. Are people finding this helpful? Can people even download it?

EDIT 2 - Format updated again. I'm going to put this in it's own thread so it is easier to find. It's a good alternative to the video guides (since there isn't one video that collects everything in order yet).
\\OMG awsome, thank you
fragmaster69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 03:37 PM   #54
Viper187

NoLifeDGenerate's Gamercard
Well, I did everything on D3 and Roe. Lost Mission looks like it'll be pretty crazy on nightmare though. No nifty artifacts or anything. I actually went into the final boss fight in RoE with 1 health and managed to finish it though. lol

edit: Oh shit. You get the cube in Lost Mission on Nightmare.

Funny there's no chainsaw in RoE or Lost Mission though.

Seriously 2.0 and 3.0

Boycott XB1 until it can be bought WITHOUT Kinect!

Last edited by Viper187; 10-22-2012 at 04:01 PM.
Viper187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 10:23 PM   #55
M0rpheus

M0rpheus1894's Gamercard
Quote:
I've missed storage locker 003 and I'm now at monorail...
ok lolll thought locker 003 was in the beginning of the game,found it AT monorail lmAo

But another question on the storage lockers...
in the discription of the achievo they say to find all storage lockers, but in the (old) guide of the lockers their are also codes for doors...so storage rooms, so I guess they don't count for the achievement?? Can you help me on this Nevander
Regards,M0rpheus

Last edited by M0rpheus; 10-22-2012 at 10:26 PM.
Old 10-22-2012, 10:32 PM   #56
Darkrain

Katzengott's Gamercard
Nice guide... and so fast! I remember reading this since the game wasn't even released.

Currently i'm on a veteran-run right before the final boss. And i definitly don't wanna go for an nightmare-run due this stupid life-absorbtion. I hate this in games.
Old 10-22-2012, 10:37 PM   #57
TheSpectre N7

TheSpectre N7's Gamercard
great guide very helpful
TheSpectre N7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 04:42 AM   #58
bLaKgRaVy

bLaKgRaVy's Gamercard

Quote:
ok lolll thought locker 003 was in the beginning of the game,found it AT monorail lmAo

But another question on the storage lockers...
in the discription of the achievo they say to find all storage lockers, but in the (old) guide of the lockers their are also codes for doors...so storage rooms, so I guess they don't count for the achievement?? Can you help me on this Nevander
Regards,M0rpheus
Open all storage lockers, as the description says. Not use codes to open doors, not use codes to activate something. Just storage lockers.

Everything is included in the collectibles guide so one doesn't have to search through all the pointless PDA emails and audio logs for any code, storage or otherwise.
Old 10-23-2012, 06:51 PM   #59
M0rpheus

M0rpheus1894's Gamercard
Quote:
Open all storage lockers, as the description says. Not use codes to open doors, not use codes to activate something. Just storage lockers.

Everything is included in the collectibles guide so one doesn't have to search through all the pointless PDA emails and audio logs for any code, storage or otherwise.
ok many thanks for your answer

1 (hopefully) last question...
On delta labs 2A or 2B (think it was 2B) you got on certain point 2 lockers next to eachother nr 216 and 217 BUT in the guide for the storage lockers nr 216 and 217 doesn't exist but 116 (a second time) and 117, so the codes that are writen in the guide for 116 and 117 works on 216 and 217... So is it just misstext in the guide or is there 116 ,117 and further 216 and 217 and they forgot those last 2 in the guide? Hopefully I'm not the only one who seen this?
cheers,M0rph

Last edited by M0rpheus; 10-23-2012 at 06:54 PM.
Old 10-23-2012, 07:33 PM   #60
bLaKgRaVy

bLaKgRaVy's Gamercard

Quote:
ok many thanks for your answer

1 (hopefully) last question...
On delta labs 2A or 2B (think it was 2B) you got on certain point 2 lockers next to eachother nr 216 and 217 BUT in the guide for the storage lockers nr 216 and 217 doesn't exist but 116 (a second time) and 117, so the codes that are writen in the guide for 116 and 117 works on 216 and 217... So is it just misstext in the guide or is there 116 ,117 and further 216 and 217 and they forgot those last 2 in the guide? Hopefully I'm not the only one who seen this?
cheers,M0rph
Ok, according to Nevander's original post after he played through the PC version before the BFG edition came out, he has listed lockers 116 and 117. He doesn't list the location, but the codes to both of them is '624'. Now, this is supposedly the second locker 116 in the game (according to his list). He does not have a locker 216 or 217 listed at all. (link)

But, if you watch this video at around the 11 minute mark, it is clearly locker 216 and 217 in Delta Labs 2B: Specimen Research Labs (also, the codes are '624' for both). I watched that entire video, from beginning to end, and there is no locker 116 or 117.

However, there is a locker 116 in the game in Delta Labs 2A: Delta Security (9:45 in the video).

But... there is a locker 116 and 117 in Resurrection of Evil in Delta Labs: Specimen Research Lab (same section as in Doom 3). The codes are both '634'. They are the last two lockers in the game. Are you perhaps playing RoE and not Doom 3? I don't doubt you, but it's weird that there's video proof of locker 216 and 217 and you aren't coming across them.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t_TFxxFfFVw&list=UU69mTqmPyoKlqBWSE4kTbcg& index=6&feature=plcp

Last edited by bLaKgRaVy; 10-23-2012 at 07:36 PM.