PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password
 

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > RPG > Borderlands 2 > Mister Torgue's Campaign of Carnage
Subscribe    Donate

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-18-2012, 12:48 PM   #31
Grifter Reborn
 
Grifter Reborn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Not here
Posts: 3,541
Send a message via Skype™ to Grifter Reborn

Grifter x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Emerald   Staff - Moderator   CABS Beta Tester   Over Achiever - Bronze   2,500 Posts   Staff Club - Grifter Reborn   x360a Representer   Road Map - Bronze   A+ Thread Award
Total Awards: 9 (more» ...)
Since it was overlooked when I originally posted it in this thread:

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/f...d.php?t=391816

I will try again:


Quote:
Originally Posted by Grifter Reborn View Post
Here's an idea... They could be releasing 2 DLC's before the end of the year. They changed the rules for achievements by allowing an extra 1000 over separate quarters. (250 per quarter) If this is the case, perhaps another DLC is gonna be released before January and will have the other 125.

(Gears of War 3 was the 1st under this new rule and released their DLC accordingly to utilize the extra 1000 gamerscore)
Some things to keep in mind:
1- Gearbox is only required to have 4 DLC's attached to the season pass
2- Gearbox is not required to have achievements attached to those DLC's
3- Gearbox is allowed to make as much DLC as they desire. They can continue making DLC long after season pass has run out. They could even sell a 2nd season pass for 4 more DLC's
4- Microsoft makes the rules. So yes they can change the rules again just as they've done numerous times before. It's M$ afterall.

Anyone need further clarification?
__________________


Change is inevitable.

Grifter Reborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 12:57 PM   #32
xXthefragileXx
 
xXthefragileXx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Augusta, GA
Posts: 279

xXthefragileXx's Gamercard
I seem to be the only one that remembers this article...

For the people "complaining" about how quickly the DLC is coming out:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gearbox Gunning for More Borderlands 2 Classes - September 21st, 2012
Referring to the game’s add-ons Pitchford said, "The stuff we're planning and working on for the Campaign DLC Season Pass is big DLC stuff - more like Knoxx." The Secret Armory of General Knoxx was the original Borderlands’ largest add-on.
"We're extremely far along with the first campaign DLC. The second DLC is also in amazing shape. The third DLC is a little farther out and the fourth DLC is just in the pre-concept stages.
"We will have other, non-season pass related DLC,” continued Pitchford. "The additional character (Mechromancer) is one kind of example. The Borderlands 2 team is fired up at the moment. Customer love for the game is driving us wild - making us want to do more and more stuff.
"So, expect that there will be even more beyond the big Campaign DLC in the Season Pass and the additional character. We'll announce more stuff as soon as we are able to be confident in the commitment of the details we share."
(source)



So three days after the game launches, they said the first DLC was pretty much done and the second was close behind. A month later, the first DLC comes out and everyone is shocked. Then a couple days after that someone gets a hold of the title and the planned achievement names for the second one and some people are acting like it's coming out tomorrow.

They also said they're wanting to do more DLC outside of the Season Pass because the fan response to Borderlands 2 has been so positive... they planned 4 DLCs, they announce the season pass for those 4 DLCs. THEN, they get excited and start coming up with other ideas and plans outside of the initial 4 planned and some people are complaining and calling the devs money-hungry assholes *smh*

edit: Grifter gets it =)
__________________

100%: SSX, L.A. Noire, Batman: Arkham Asylum, Marvel vs. Capcom 3,Assassin's Creed, Assassin's Creed II, Fable II (no DLC), Prince of Persia, Lego Indiana Jones, Lego Batman, Lego Harry Potter Years 1-4 & 5-7, Bastion, From Dust
In Progress:
Borderlands (1700/1750), AC: Brotherhood (1080/1250), AC: Revelations (980/1490), Fable III (1240/1250)

Last edited by xXthefragileXx; 10-18-2012 at 01:04 PM.
xXthefragileXx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 01:08 PM   #33
Grifter Reborn
 
Grifter Reborn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Not here
Posts: 3,541
Send a message via Skype™ to Grifter Reborn

Grifter x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Emerald   Staff - Moderator   CABS Beta Tester   Over Achiever - Bronze   2,500 Posts   Staff Club - Grifter Reborn   x360a Representer   Road Map - Bronze   A+ Thread Award
Total Awards: 9 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by xXthefragileXx View Post
I seem to be the only one that remembers this article...

For the people "complaining" about how quickly the DLC is coming out:

(source)

So three days after the game launches, they said the first DLC was pretty much done and the second was close behind. A month later, the first DLC comes out and everyone is shocked. Then a couple days after that someone gets a hold of the title and the planned achievement names for the second one and some people are acting like it's coming out tomorrow.

They also said they're wanting to do more DLC outside of the Season Pass because the fan response to Borderlands 2 has been so positive... they planned 4 DLCs, they announce the season pass for those 4 DLCs. THEN, they get excited and start coming up with other ideas and plans outside of the initial 4 planned and some people are complaining and calling the devs money-hungry assholes *smh*

edit: Grifter gets it =)
Believe it or not, I actually somehow missed that article.

But that does go hand in hand with my "logic" so thanks for posting it.
__________________


Change is inevitable.

Grifter Reborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 01:16 PM   #34
Burnout x360a
 
Burnout x360a's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Surrey, United Kingdom
Posts: 7,478

M1KE 08's Gamercard

Awards Showcase XBA Promoter   Submit - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   5,000 Posts
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
I've got to hurry up and finish a playthrough, all four packs will be out by the time I finish PT1 and TVHM. ;-)
__________________


^ By Xerofox, thanks!
Twitter lSteam

Burnout x360a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 01:16 PM   #35
xXthefragileXx
 
xXthefragileXx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Augusta, GA
Posts: 279

xXthefragileXx's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by YiazmatXII View Post
Before the first DLC, Gearbox did no wrong. But they are getting the DLCs wrong now... seriously... 3 achievements?
I know this is an "achievement hunting" site and all... but seriously? Since when does the number of achievements a DLC has indicate that the devs are "getting it wrong"?
__________________

100%: SSX, L.A. Noire, Batman: Arkham Asylum, Marvel vs. Capcom 3,Assassin's Creed, Assassin's Creed II, Fable II (no DLC), Prince of Persia, Lego Indiana Jones, Lego Batman, Lego Harry Potter Years 1-4 & 5-7, Bastion, From Dust
In Progress:
Borderlands (1700/1750), AC: Brotherhood (1080/1250), AC: Revelations (980/1490), Fable III (1240/1250)
xXthefragileXx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 01:17 PM   #36
Flibbity Floid
 
Flibbity Floid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: NY
Posts: 1,792

Deadpool Psycko's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Referrals - Bronze
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
I can kind of see why Long Way To The Top may SEEM like an Underdome related one but there would be corresponding achievements on the other "Levels" for an Underdome.
__________________
"There are three steps in Knowledge - What we think, What we know and What we can prove." - Ezekiel Sims



Content Contributor & Event Manager @ http://comicgamers.com/index.php
Flibbity Floid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 01:21 PM   #37
Flibbity Floid
 
Flibbity Floid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: NY
Posts: 1,792

Deadpool Psycko's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Referrals - Bronze
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by xXthefragileXx View Post
I know this is an "achievement hunting" site and all... but seriously? Since when does the number of achievements a DLC has dictate that the devs are "getting it wrong"?
Even worse, Achievements dictate the value of peoples DLC purchases. That's just not what gaming is about. You base your purchase on your experience with the ENTIRE game. Not the once-per-50+ satisfaction of a little bleep bloop of an award that really doesn't pay off.
And this is coming from a former achievement whore. I would buy games based on their achievement involvement. I soon realized my gaming was feeling stale and unsatisfactory. I took about 2 weeks in lulling on it and didn't pay attention to achievements. It was like finding my niche all over again.
Not saying they are completely useless, but they shouldn't be your basis for purchase or overall enjoyment. They should not factor into a games value as gaming was a success WAY before achievements/trophies came along.


Let's put it this way? How valuable are achievements? The new XBL Rewards Program will be offering a reward for players having over 25k in Gamerscore as the highest honor of Legend. I have over 100k. What will I recieve? And I quote - "A reward on your birthday month...valued at $0.25"

'nuff said
__________________
"There are three steps in Knowledge - What we think, What we know and What we can prove." - Ezekiel Sims



Content Contributor & Event Manager @ http://comicgamers.com/index.php

Last edited by Flibbity Floid; 10-18-2012 at 01:24 PM.
Flibbity Floid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 01:37 PM   #38
xxJUSTINxx
 
xxJUSTINxx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: New Hampshire
Posts: 2,070

OddFull Metal's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
My body is ready since I already have the season pass.
__________________
xxJUSTINxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 03:26 PM   #39
SolarFury
 
SolarFury's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: United Kingdom
Posts: 685

InjusticeReborn's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by xXthefragileXx View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gearbox Gunning for More Borderlands 2 Classes - September 21st, 2012
Referring to the game’s add-ons Pitchford said, "The stuff we're planning and working on for the Campaign DLC Season Pass is big DLC stuff - more like Knoxx." The Secret Armory of General Knoxx was the original Borderlands’ largest add-on.
"We're extremely far along with the first campaign DLC. The second DLC is also in amazing shape. The third DLC is a little farther out and the fourth DLC is just in the pre-concept stages.
"We will have other, non-season pass related DLC,” continued Pitchford. "The additional character (Mechromancer) is one kind of example. The Borderlands 2 team is fired up at the moment. Customer love for the game is driving us wild - making us want to do more and more stuff.
"So, expect that there will be even more beyond the big Campaign DLC in the Season Pass and the additional character. We'll announce more stuff as soon as we are able to be confident in the commitment of the details we share."
(source)
I would just like to highlight from that quote the part about the Season Pass DLC being 'big stuff'. I have in no way experienced it yet, but people are coming across with the view that the first one is anything but, at least it is nowhere near on par with Knoxx...

But whatever, I stick by what I said originally and that is the side of the fence I'm sitting on, if there is any side to choose.

I would have also said something about YiazmatXII's reply to my original post, but that has been done for me. However I would have been more like "3 achievements = doing DLC wrong. Alert the media!!" instead of putting thought as to why I disagree.
__________________
SolarFury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 03:32 PM   #40
xXthefragileXx
 
xXthefragileXx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Augusta, GA
Posts: 279

xXthefragileXx's Gamercard
I haven't played the Pirate one yet either, but from what I hear it's about 6-8 hours from start to finish, not including the two "raid" bosses, which is on par with Knoxx. People are complaining about "only 3 achievements"... the GS added from this one is 125, same as Moxxi and Knoxx from BL1... they just spread them out over 5 achievements instead of 3. But yeah... my enjoyment/purchase of a game is NEVER based on how many achievements there are or how easy it'll be to get 100%
__________________

100%: SSX, L.A. Noire, Batman: Arkham Asylum, Marvel vs. Capcom 3,Assassin's Creed, Assassin's Creed II, Fable II (no DLC), Prince of Persia, Lego Indiana Jones, Lego Batman, Lego Harry Potter Years 1-4 & 5-7, Bastion, From Dust
In Progress:
Borderlands (1700/1750), AC: Brotherhood (1080/1250), AC: Revelations (980/1490), Fable III (1240/1250)
xXthefragileXx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 03:46 PM   #41
SIMPLYMIDGET
 
SIMPLYMIDGET's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: USA
Posts: 2,000

simplymidget's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Achievement Guide - Bronze   1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Can't wait. More toys to play with.
__________________

160 completed games [Includes all DLC]

Don't waste time pulling off the petals. Cut off the head. - Spirit of Summer [God], Ryse

SIMPLYMIDGET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 03:49 PM   #42
Flibbity Floid
 
Flibbity Floid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: NY
Posts: 1,792

Deadpool Psycko's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Referrals - Bronze
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by xXthefragileXx View Post
I haven't played the Pirate one yet either, but from what I hear it's about 6-8 hours from start to finish, not including the two "raid" bosses, which is on par with Knoxx. People are complaining about "only 3 achievements"... the GS added from this one is 125, same as Moxxi and Knoxx from BL1... they just spread them out over 5 achievements instead of 3. But yeah... my enjoyment/purchase of a game is NEVER based on how many achievements there are or how easy it'll be to get 100%

So full of win and logic. Probably why it gets overlooked
__________________
"There are three steps in Knowledge - What we think, What we know and What we can prove." - Ezekiel Sims



Content Contributor & Event Manager @ http://comicgamers.com/index.php
Flibbity Floid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 04:19 PM   #43
rdblack2112
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Huntington, WV
Posts: 58
Send a message via AIM to rdblack2112 Send a message via Yahoo to rdblack2112

The Rick Black's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by SolarFury View Post
I would just like to highlight from that quote the part about the Season Pass DLC being 'big stuff'. I have in no way experienced it yet, but people are coming across with the view that the first one is anything but, at least it is nowhere near on par with Knoxx...

But whatever, I stick by what I said originally and that is the side of the fence I'm sitting on, if there is any side to choose.

I would have also said something about YiazmatXII's reply to my original post, but that has been done for me. However I would have been more like "3 achievements = doing DLC wrong. Alert the media!!" instead of putting thought as to why I disagree.
At what level and on which playthrough did you play the new DLC? If you ran through on normal mode with a level 50, of course it took no time to play it and it seemed like there wasn't much there... I am playing through it starting at a level 38 and the enemies are easy kills, yes, but it still takes time to play through because I am not one-shotting each enemy with my overleveled weapon of choice. The game is what you make of it. I am throughly enjoying the DLC, you may not, but regardless, it is about the same size as Knoxx when you play it at the level that best scales to you.
rdblack2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 04:51 PM   #44
Vectorman953
 
Vectorman953's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Omicron Persei 8
Posts: 448

Zombie Gary Oak's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdblack2112 View Post
At what level and on which playthrough did you play the new DLC? If you ran through on normal mode with a level 50, of course it took no time to play it and it seemed like there wasn't much there... I am playing through it starting at a level 38 and the enemies are easy kills, yes, but it still takes time to play through because I am not one-shotting each enemy with my overleveled weapon of choice. The game is what you make of it. I am throughly enjoying the DLC, you may not, but regardless, it is about the same size as Knoxx when you play it at the level that best scales to you.
I dunno what you were doing, but I'm level 38 and I'm basically 1-shotting everything (as a melee-deception skill-based Zer0). Although I AM going for critical hits (for the badass ranks) so my view might be a tad skewed... and most of the weapons I've been using I've picked up from just post-firehawk missions in TVHM...

I'm really liking the length of the DLC though. The added levels actually feel large, the new enemies (mostly the anchor-men) are interesting, and side missions just as hilarious ("if only DRM could shoot the user in the face... ah well a robot can dream"). Of course I'd love it if the add-on was 15+ hours, but it's definitely enjoyable and IMO worth $10

OT: I didn't really get the whole "Underdome" feel from the achievement names. I REALLY don't think theres a person on the internet who doesn't know how much us players hated that DLC. Plus, just look at the creature slaughter (and all the other) dome - those were done really well, and not the same XP-less, monotonous, drawn out wave/round trash...
__________________

Vectorman953 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 04:51 PM   #45
Deathblow23
 
Deathblow23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Alabama
Posts: 924

IRON MIND's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flibbity Floid View Post
Even worse, Achievements dictate the value of peoples DLC purchases. That's just not what gaming is about. You base your purchase on your experience with the ENTIRE game. Not the once-per-50+ satisfaction of a little bleep bloop of an award that really doesn't pay off.
And this is coming from a former achievement whore. I would buy games based on their achievement involvement. I soon realized my gaming was feeling stale and unsatisfactory. I took about 2 weeks in lulling on it and didn't pay attention to achievements. It was like finding my niche all over again.
Not saying they are completely useless, but they shouldn't be your basis for purchase or overall enjoyment. They should not factor into a games value as gaming was a success WAY before achievements/trophies came along.

I see both sides of this argument. On one hand, simply put, it's more Borderlands...so how bad can that be as long as it isn't another "Moxxi"...right? I feel like Gearbox has probably heard enough from the fans to not duplicate that mistake again. I can also understand that money issue. Given the achievement rules laid out by MS, and the track record that Gearbox has, and the evolution of what a Season Pass is and does...there seems to be the idea that any developer who issues one will also follow EPIC's lead and make each DLC worth 250 Gscore. Now for alot of us on this site, that makes the most sense but what is becoming more apparent is that devs understand achievements...but they don't really understand achievements.

In my mind, 800 MS points for DLC should = 250 Gscore. Once you look across the DLC releases as a whole though, we quickly see that to devs, 800 MS = $10 more. Look at what Ubisoft has done with the 2 Ghost Recon packs. They're both 800 pts, and I think they don't even combine for 100 Gscore. ( I may be wrong but its something like that.)

The thing that bothers me the most with devs is that we are 7 years into this lifecycyle and things like this aren't just automated. Any significant DLC released should just simply cost 800 pts...and also include 250 Gscore. Simple as that. If it were this way it would please those who just want to play more of whatever the title is...and it would give the achievement folks the 250 Gscore value that they feel is warranted and deserved given the price they just paid. Everybody would win and there would be far less complaining. Obviously this is just my thoughts and opinion here, but if Microsoft is going to establish "rules" on DLC and achievements...then they should simply mandate 250 Gscore be REQUIRED by developers if they are releasing significant DLC. This of course wouldn't apply to a gun pack...or some new costumes.

I guess I just expect more thought and logic at this point in the console lifecycle. I'm sure there are meetings and pie charts that basically proves DLC sells better when 250 Gscore is tied to it...and how devs miss this at this point...I will never know.
Deathblow23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 05:00 PM   #46
SolarFury
 
SolarFury's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: United Kingdom
Posts: 685

InjusticeReborn's Gamercard
Doesn't really warrant me replying as it's probably just an overlook, but...

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdblack2112 View Post
At what level and on which playthrough did you play the new DLC? If you ran through on normal mode with a level 50, of course it took no time to play it and it seemed like there wasn't much there...
Look at the bold text:

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolarFury View Post
I would just like to highlight from that quote the part about the Season Pass DLC being 'big stuff'. I have in no way experienced it yet, but people are coming across with the view that the first one is anything but, at least it is nowhere near on par with Knoxx...
I'm not one to bitch about something like this without playing a few minutes at least. I was just bringing up what I've heard others say.

But the way I worded things in my post probably wasn't made clear. So no harm done.

Going back to the original topic; my knowledge of the 'lore' of this game isn't top notch, but isn't Torgue the firm who has the checkered style custom outfits? If my thinking is correct, I think it would be call if this DLC was something similar or had some part of it at least a little similar to Carmageddon or Vigilante 8 or something.
__________________
SolarFury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 05:26 PM   #47
WalterWhite
 
WalterWhite's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Albuquerque
Posts: 4,767

Awards Showcase Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Bronze   2,500 Posts
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
I'd be fine with another Moxxi-ish DLC as long as the enemies gave experience, dropped loot, and maybe a raid boss run involved. The only thing bad about the first one is that there was no reason to sit through them for five hours other than the achievements. Despite all the hatred for it, it was worth it for the bank alone at the time. I wouldn't want it to be one of the four story-based DLC's but I wouldn't mind a replayable horde mode in Borderlands 2.
__________________

Last edited by WalterWhite; 10-18-2012 at 05:38 PM.
WalterWhite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 05:34 PM   #48
Annihil88torr
 
Annihil88torr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 883

Annihil88tor's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Sounds like a horror circus dlc
__________________


instagram: andrewcool8
Annihil88torr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 05:37 PM   #49
Annihil88torr
 
Annihil88torr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 883

Annihil88tor's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
From google

__________________


instagram: andrewcool8
Annihil88torr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 06:37 PM   #50
Flibbity Floid
 
Flibbity Floid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: NY
Posts: 1,792

Deadpool Psycko's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Referrals - Bronze
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathblow23 View Post
I see both sides of this argument. On one hand, simply put, it's more Borderlands...so how bad can that be as long as it isn't another "Moxxi"...right? I feel like Gearbox has probably heard enough from the fans to not duplicate that mistake again. I can also understand that money issue. Given the achievement rules laid out by MS, and the track record that Gearbox has, and the evolution of what a Season Pass is and does...there seems to be the idea that any developer who issues one will also follow EPIC's lead and make each DLC worth 250 Gscore. Now for alot of us on this site, that makes the most sense but what is becoming more apparent is that devs understand achievements...but they don't really understand achievements.

In my mind, 800 MS points for DLC should = 250 Gscore. Once you look across the DLC releases as a whole though, we quickly see that to devs, 800 MS = $10 more. Look at what Ubisoft has done with the 2 Ghost Recon packs. They're both 800 pts, and I think they don't even combine for 100 Gscore. ( I may be wrong but its something like that.)

The thing that bothers me the most with devs is that we are 7 years into this lifecycyle and things like this aren't just automated. Any significant DLC released should just simply cost 800 pts...and also include 250 Gscore. Simple as that. If it were this way it would please those who just want to play more of whatever the title is...and it would give the achievement folks the 250 Gscore value that they feel is warranted and deserved given the price they just paid. Everybody would win and there would be far less complaining. Obviously this is just my thoughts and opinion here, but if Microsoft is going to establish "rules" on DLC and achievements...then they should simply mandate 250 Gscore be REQUIRED by developers if they are releasing significant DLC. This of course wouldn't apply to a gun pack...or some new costumes.

I guess I just expect more thought and logic at this point in the console lifecycle. I'm sure there are meetings and pie charts that basically proves DLC sells better when 250 Gscore is tied to it...and how devs miss this at this point...I will never know.

I'm sure it just seems like I'm trying to simplify it but which do you enjoy more? The game itself or the achievements?

I know people that have passed up FREE stuff simply b/c it didn't have achievements. That's just weaksauce values.
I feel like now, games won't be as good as they were without achievements. As if removing them would destroy the plot, gameplay and mechanics of an entire game/series.
__________________
"There are three steps in Knowledge - What we think, What we know and What we can prove." - Ezekiel Sims



Content Contributor & Event Manager @ http://comicgamers.com/index.php
Flibbity Floid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 06:56 PM   #51
Deathblow23
 
Deathblow23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Alabama
Posts: 924

IRON MIND's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flibbity Floid View Post
I'm sure it just seems like I'm trying to simplify it but which do you enjoy more? The game itself or the achievements?

I know people that have passed up FREE stuff simply b/c it didn't have achievements. That's just weaksauce values.
I feel like now, games won't be as good as they were without achievements. As if removing them would destroy the plot, gameplay and mechanics of an entire game/series.
I admit, early on this generation I was blown away at the concept and was as aggressive as I could be at chasing gamerscore. The funny thing is, although I played a few easy games, I never did go with the games like Open Season, etc. Then my tastes changed and I wanted to max out better games, no matter how easy...such Rainbow 6 Vegas 2...the Gears series, Halo's etc. Then life sorta changed again and I simply decided I only wanted to play AAA titles...but with some discretion. I know,...I have some crazy logic sometimes.

In terms of DLC, I play the games I want to. If the DLC has value to me, I'll buy it and play it. I'm sure I'll get the Borderlands 2 season pass and play all 4 pieces and love most, if not all of it. There are other games coming down the pipe that I will do the same with as well...but I guess my frustration lies in what I said earlier. I feel like the achievement "rules" should have some flexibility for devs, but also have some mandates. If devs have to charge for DLC with achievements, then it should be no less than 250 gamerscore. That simplifies it in a 360 degree manner. We are at a point in this lifecycle where the devs oughtta have this stuff down to a science. Now it looks like all the have figured out is that a season pass is the way to go. I just can't believe that the way EPIC handled it isn't the absolute blueprint. They sold a metric ton of DLC through that...and it really wasn't quantum physics in how they laid it out.
Deathblow23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 07:09 PM   #52
Flibbity Floid
 
Flibbity Floid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: NY
Posts: 1,792

Deadpool Psycko's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Referrals - Bronze
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathblow23 View Post
I admit, early on this generation I was blown away at the concept and was as aggressive as I could be at chasing gamerscore. The funny thing is, although I played a few easy games, I never did go with the games like Open Season, etc. Then my tastes changed and I wanted to max out better games, no matter how easy...such Rainbow 6 Vegas 2...the Gears series, Halo's etc. Then life sorta changed again and I simply decided I only wanted to play AAA titles...but with some discretion. I know,...I have some crazy logic sometimes.

In terms of DLC, I play the games I want to. If the DLC has value to me, I'll buy it and play it. I'm sure I'll get the Borderlands 2 season pass and play all 4 pieces and love most, if not all of it. There are other games coming down the pipe that I will do the same with as well...but I guess my frustration lies in what I said earlier. I feel like the achievement "rules" should have some flexibility for devs, but also have some mandates. If devs have to charge for DLC with achievements, then it should be no less than 250 gamerscore. That simplifies it in a 360 degree manner. We are at a point in this lifecycle where the devs oughtta have this stuff down to a science. Now it looks like all the have figured out is that a season pass is the way to go. I just can't believe that the way EPIC handled it isn't the absolute blueprint. They sold a metric ton of DLC through that...and it really wasn't quantum physics in how they laid it out.
I feel you, sir. It's why I dropped out of the Whoring status. My satisfaction gauge was just far too awry to enjoy a single game. A game I would most def play over and over and over b/c I just loved the story, became defeated b/c I already popped the story-based achievements. I LIVED for that little jingle. Now, they're back to what they should be - Bonus points (for me anyway).

If anything DLC cheevs bother me now b/c it ruined a lot of my Completions. Not that that decreases the value of the DLC but when I was caring about Gamerscore, it usually came to me getting my 1000 and then they announce DLC and I'm all "NOoOoOoOoooo!!" b/c I'm not really a difficulty completer. I prefer Easy/Normal just to blow through the game.
Now, everything feels rightly valued for the most part. Plus I DID promise myself I would chill with whoring no matter what at the 100K mark. At about 105, I'm sated.

In ym defense of whoring, I still always played a game that I HAD to finish from start to finish. I would never sully my gamerscore with the likes of Avatar TBH. At least Fusion Frenzy had you play EVERY game type, TMNT required a full playthrough AND a slight replay for the 1000. Stuff like that.
__________________
"There are three steps in Knowledge - What we think, What we know and What we can prove." - Ezekiel Sims



Content Contributor & Event Manager @ http://comicgamers.com/index.php
Flibbity Floid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 07:26 PM   #53
Leone Phelps
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Michigan
Posts: 279

Leone Phelps's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathblow23 View Post
I admit, early on this generation I was blown away at the concept and was as aggressive as I could be at chasing gamerscore. The funny thing is, although I played a few easy games, I never did go with the games like Open Season, etc. Then my tastes changed and I wanted to max out better games, no matter how easy...such Rainbow 6 Vegas 2...the Gears series, Halo's etc. Then life sorta changed again and I simply decided I only wanted to play AAA titles...but with some discretion. I know,...I have some crazy logic sometimes.

In terms of DLC, I play the games I want to. If the DLC has value to me, I'll buy it and play it. I'm sure I'll get the Borderlands 2 season pass and play all 4 pieces and love most, if not all of it. There are other games coming down the pipe that I will do the same with as well...but I guess my frustration lies in what I said earlier. I feel like the achievement "rules" should have some flexibility for devs, but also have some mandates. If devs have to charge for DLC with achievements, then it should be no less than 250 gamerscore. That simplifies it in a 360 degree manner. We are at a point in this lifecycle where the devs oughtta have this stuff down to a science.
This. I used to play anything for gs, now I only really play AAAs and RPGs. And yes, the devs should be consistent with gs : price ratio.


Offtopic- posting this from xbox, loving IE but fix this damn keyboard lol
__________________
I play Gears 3 and battlefield 3 online. If you wanna wreck or boost or somethin message me GT Leone Phelps

Quote:
Originally Posted by HMS Resolution
I find it mind-boggling that you openly admit to finding a crouching nut sack funny, call us all "vaginas" and then claim to be mature. .
LOL
Leone Phelps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 07:34 PM   #54
Deathblow23
 
Deathblow23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Alabama
Posts: 924

IRON MIND's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flibbity Floid View Post
If anything DLC cheevs bother me now b/c it ruined a lot of my Completions. Not that that decreases the value of the DLC but when I was caring about Gamerscore, it usually came to me getting my 1000 and then they announce DLC and I'm all "NOoOoOoOoooo!!" b/c I'm not really a difficulty completer. I prefer Easy/Normal just to blow through the game.
Now, everything feels rightly valued for the most part. Plus I DID promise myself I would chill with whoring no matter what at the 100K mark. At about 105, I'm sated.

In ym defense of whoring, I still always played a game that I HAD to finish from start to finish. I would never sully my gamerscore with the likes of Avatar TBH. At least Fusion Frenzy had you play EVERY game type, TMNT required a full playthrough AND a slight replay for the 1000. Stuff like that.
I totally understand. I did play Avatar, and a few easy games...but by and large I never filled my gamercard with those. In the interest of staying in topic,...if Gearbox only wants to issue 3 achievements with DLC 1, and 2...then thats perfectly ok with me. I just feel that they should total to 250 gamerscore each. There are some who think that cheapens the process, but like I said...at this point...DLC = post launch dollars...and I have to believe that DLC with 250 gamerscore = more dollars than DLC without that as a total.

Obviously CoD has such a massive, loyal following that they can get away with it being uneven...but in my estimation...the people who play Black Ops and MW on a hardcore basis aren't concerned with achievements really in the first place. I have friends on my FL who play those 2 titles daily who haven't popped all the campaign achievements yet...and they won't. Which again, goes back to my earlier statement...if they just streamlined the process on the dev-side...requiring 250 gscore for an 800 point or more purchase...then everyone would be relatively happy.

So let's go Gearbox...let's go Pitchford...get your head out of the sand...sprinkle some late-in-the-lifecycle-logic on your cereal tomorrow morning...and get this ship righted towards 2000 gamerscore like the deveoper of a true AAA title would who has released a season pass that covers 4 campaign DLC pieces.
Deathblow23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 07:53 PM   #55
exsiben
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: NF, NY
Posts: 155

exosiben's Gamercard
Firstly, I love achievements. But someone already stated that they are bound quarterly to 250gs, therefore they split it. Yes, I'm a bit upset there's only 3 achs each but 125gs isn't bad. I also think you are overestimating the amount of people driven solely by achievements, and that may come from being on this site.

And regarding those who still feel like post launch DLC comes too soon they must've ripped it from the game need to just stop. That argument is so tiresome to read. I haven't even finished the game yet but not once have I felt the on disc content was incomplete.
exsiben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 07:56 PM   #56
XperimntNterror
 
XperimntNterror's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Viking country
Posts: 679

XperimntNterror's Gamercard
Jumping in the achievement discussion...

Achievements don't make or break the content, but they do add value to the experience; it's something else to "unlock" and feeds the OCD tendencies of a lot of people that play games.

The more they add, the merrier, since it's something else to do.

For some folks, unfortunately, the experience of unlocking these achievements IS the meat and potatoes of the experience.

I don't care, ultimately, if they are added or not, but is a bummer not having something else to shoot for while playing. For instance, the Dark Souls DLC won't likely include additional achievements since the same content in the PC version doesn't have any tied to it. Of course, I'm still going to buy it, day one, because that game is so fantastically made, but it's a little bit of a let down to not have some other things to go for or a "trophy" that says, "Hey, I did such and such" a la additional achievements.
__________________


Thanks to V1ZIONZxBLOOD for the really cool sig!
XperimntNterror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 08:05 PM   #57
Deathblow23
 
Deathblow23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Alabama
Posts: 924

IRON MIND's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by exsiben View Post
Firstly, I love achievements. But someone already stated that they are bound quarterly to 250gs, therefore they split it. Yes, I'm a bit upset there's only 3 achs each but 125gs isn't bad. I also think you are overestimating the amount of people driven solely by achievements, and that may come from being on this site.
With all due respect, I am aware of the quarterly rule that Microsoft has. I understand that they may have had to split it...but the economics suggest that they could've handled it differently. It could've gone like this...

DLC #1 - October
DLC #2 - January
DLC #3 - April
DLC #4 - July

...less than a year of support on the calendar,...and yet FULLY supported at the same time. And if it's purely out of a hurry to get it out the door so they can move on to Borderlands 3 development...well, they can finish the DLC and just let it sit at Microsoft until the days fall off the calendar. It's just a digital file...not fresh fruit. In terms of possibly overestimating the interests of those on this site...I was a lurker here prior to officially becoming a member back in 07'...I can assure you I am not overestimating the importance of achievements to those who frequent this site.
Deathblow23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 08:15 PM   #58
lighthouse777
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 197

starlight777's Gamercard
gearbox outsourced the dlc's and thats from their forums
that includes the first one
outsourced to Triptych Games.
gearbox is working on aliens:colonial marines

Last edited by lighthouse777; 10-18-2012 at 08:47 PM.
lighthouse777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 08:55 PM   #59
Axel 360
 
Axel 360's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Canary Islands, Spain
Posts: 769

axelquatripolar's Gamercard
First: Torque is a manufacture that is not involve in any secondary plot of the game, has not a high presence in Pandora and specialize mainly in explosions and high rates of damage. And the rest of the title "campaign of carnage", sounds equally valid for both a story mission or an underdome kind of thing.

Second: The "Long Way to the Top" obviously could be a reference to some sort of ranking, even a fiction one, like the ranking of achieving first place in an arena.

Third: Will there should be naked pictures of Moxxi any where? Yes, Bandits could have them. Aso, this new underdome could be build in the ruins of the all one, where all Moxxi stuff was storage.

Fourth: Thereīs already an arena in BL2, and seeing how well that was received, I can imagine Gearbox thinking "probably Moxxi suck because you dinīt gain experience and the waiting times were awful, WE CAN DO BETTER THIS TIME!!"

Yes, thereīs an achievement that talks about side missions, and thatīs the one is making me doubt. But the little info we have could point to an arena DLC as much as a history one. Thatīs how I tough this may be an arena again, and I think those a pretty valid and logical ways of conceiving that idea. Like I said, I hope is not the case.
__________________
Axel 360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 08:57 PM   #60
Grifter Reborn
 
Grifter Reborn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Not here
Posts: 3,541
Send a message via Skype™ to Grifter Reborn

Grifter x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Emerald   Staff - Moderator   CABS Beta Tester   Over Achiever - Bronze   2,500 Posts   Staff Club - Grifter Reborn   x360a Representer   Road Map - Bronze   A+ Thread Award
Total Awards: 9 (more» ...)
Purely a question for the "achievement discussion" going on:

Disclaimer- This is not what will happen, but is speculation for the discussion:

What happens if they are trying to make 8 campaign DLC's for the extra 1000?

In this scenario, you are getting 2 DLC's every quarter @ 125 GS each time.

Is this a bad thing? Acceptable? Wonderful?

Personally I'd welcome the idea. It would show that they are committed to keeping players interested with fresh content while ensuring those who enjoy achievements would also get satisfaction out of playing each DLC.
__________________


Change is inevitable.

Grifter Reborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT. The time now is 04:46 AM.