PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > RPG > Borderlands 2 > Mister Torgue's Campaign of Carnage
Subscribe    Donate

Old 10-18-2012, 09:01 PM   #61
xxJUSTINxx

OddFull Metal's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grifter Reborn View Post
Purely a question for the "achievement discussion" going on:

Disclaimer- This is not what will happen, but is speculation for the discussion:

What happens if they are trying to make 8 campaign DLC's for the extra 1000?

In this scenario, you are getting 2 DLC's every quarter @ 125 GS each time.

Is this a bad thing? Acceptable? Wonderful?

Personally I'd welcome the idea. It would show that they are committed to keeping players interested with fresh content while ensuring those who enjoy achievements would also get satisfaction out of playing each DLC.
I personally wont buy anything once the season pass ends and if they continue to release more 5-6 hour DLC's. I'd just happily wait till a GOTY and get it all for free from someone.
Old 10-18-2012, 11:50 PM   #62
Dawgmuffin

Dawgmuffin's Gamercard
When they announced the season pass, my first thought was "Oh god I hope they actually wait to see what fans want instead of just shoveling out whatever they already have planned, and improve nothing".. Especially with so many people experiencing bad glitches and stuff, I would rather they focus on fixing that before rushing DLC after DLC, probably introducing even more glitches because they're not taking their time on them :/ It doesn't matter that they plan on making more DLC after the season pass, this is still $40 of directionless glorified sidequests. Gearbox really convinced me with the base game that they just wanted it to be fun, and weren't worried about money. But so far, these big DLCs just feel like an attempt to cash in as much and as quickly as possible.

And yes, I'd say the trophies being uploaded to PSN is almost confirmation that the DLC will come out within 2-3 weeks. At least I believe that's usually how it goes.

...Also I don't care in the slightest about the achievements. I am a completionist, but I just see achievements as a nice clear map of what there is to do in the game. If it doesn't have achievements, I can still enjoy it just as much. Raw gamerscore means nothing to me. I think of achievements as more of a way to show off the specific things I've done, like Dead Rising's 7 Day Survivor, and getting 100% in Super Meat Boy. Who cares how big the number is?
"Beware the beast Man, for he is the Devil's pawn. Alone among God's primates, he kills for sport or lust or greed. Yea, he will murder his brother to possess his brother's land. Let him not breed in great numbers, for he will make a desert of his home and yours. Shun him; drive him back into his jungle lair, for he is the harbinger of death."
Dawgmuffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 01:38 AM   #63
xxJUSTINxx

OddFull Metal's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawgmuffin View Post
When they announced the season pass, my first thought was "Oh god I hope they actually wait to see what fans want instead of just shoveling out whatever they already have planned, and improve nothing".. Especially with so many people experiencing bad glitches and stuff, I would rather they focus on fixing that before rushing DLC after DLC, probably introducing even more glitches because they're not taking their time on them :/ It doesn't matter that they plan on making more DLC after the season pass, this is still $40 of directionless glorified sidequests. Gearbox really convinced me with the base game that they just wanted it to be fun, and weren't worried about money. But so far, these big DLCs just feel like an attempt to cash in as much and as quickly as possible.

And yes, I'd say the trophies being uploaded to PSN is almost confirmation that the DLC will come out within 2-3 weeks. At least I believe that's usually how it goes.

...Also I don't care in the slightest about the achievements. I am a completionist, but I just see achievements as a nice clear map of what there is to do in the game. If it doesn't have achievements, I can still enjoy it just as much. Raw gamerscore means nothing to me. I think of achievements as more of a way to show off the specific things I've done, like Dead Rising's 7 Day Survivor, and getting 100% in Super Meat Boy. Who cares how big the number is?
To be fair, another company is making the DLC and I believe bug fixes. Once the main company releases the game they out source the DLC and what not to work on the next project.
Old 10-19-2012, 03:06 AM   #64
DinnerandaShow

xDinnerandaShow's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by YiazmatXII View Post
Before the first DLC, Gearbox did no wrong. But they are getting the DLCs wrong now... seriously... 3 achievements?
I'm convinced that people no longer care about the quality of DLC, as long as they get tons of achievements. NEW DLC: You get to walk 100 feet. You get a 5 point achievement for every foot you walk. BEST DLC EVAR!!!11!!one!!
Old 10-19-2012, 03:12 AM   #65
WalterWhite

Awards Showcase 5,000 Posts   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Bronze
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DinnerandaShow View Post
I'm convinced that people no longer care about the quality of DLC, as long as they get tons of achievements. NEW DLC: You get to walk 100 feet. You get a 5 point achievement for every foot you walk. BEST DLC EVAR!!!11!!one!!
It's not just about score (for me atleast) it's about how uneven achievements are from game to game. In terms of both creativity and in point value.
Old 10-19-2012, 04:03 AM   #66
Dog Face

In Marshall's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Silver   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
I agree with WalterWhite. This is suppose to be a team who's creative: Just look at all the references/Easter eggs in the game but their 3 achievements are Beat the DLCs main story, beat the side quest, and found all locations; all of which is already achievements from the vanilla story.

Run on sentence but Idc.
Old 10-19-2012, 06:44 AM   #67
XperimntNterror

XperimntNterror's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grifter Reborn View Post
Purely a question for the "achievement discussion" going on:

Disclaimer- This is not what will happen, but is speculation for the discussion:

What happens if they are trying to make 8 campaign DLC's for the extra 1000?

In this scenario, you are getting 2 DLC's every quarter @ 125 GS each time.

Is this a bad thing? Acceptable? Wonderful?

Personally I'd welcome the idea. It would show that they are committed to keeping players interested with fresh content while ensuring those who enjoy achievements would also get satisfaction out of playing each DLC.
\

Personally, I'd rather that not be the case. I'd much prefer one or two big expansions to having a bunch of smaller ones.

I miss the days when expansions were a luxury and not the norm. Devs would pour in a substantial amount of content and I feel like you got more bang for your buck. These days, it's expected that every game will get some kind of additional content and, a lot of the time, it's really not worth it and would rather have seen all of those ideas put into something more substantial, as opposed to just having a bunch of add-ons.

Thanks to V1ZIONZxBLOOD for the really cool sig!
XperimntNterror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 06:54 AM   #68
Vigor

vigor mortivore's Gamercard

Thumbs up

Quote:
You're funny
Vigor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 10:06 PM   #69
ReverendSID

ReverendSID's Gamercard

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vigor View Post
You're funny
To be fair, as absurd as it may sound, there are people who would jump at it just for the point value.
Old 10-20-2012, 12:18 AM   #70
binkyspankums

binkyspankums's Gamercard
Personally, I can't wait for the 2 dlc. I know that Gearbox doesn't actually develop the DLC's for Borderlands and don't expect it to be exactly on par with the retail game. So far I have only been Beverly disappointed by one dlc pack and that was of course The Underdome dlc. Since another Borderlands game seems inevitable I hope that they continue to support Borderlands 2 with expansions. And I will continue to buy them, achievements or not

Sig By Gackt

20,000G-Executioner(The Darkness 2) 4/11/2012

30,000G-Ship Shape(Dead Space 2:Severed) 7/25/2012

40,000G-Done That(Borderlands 2:Sir Hammerlock's Big Game Hunt) 1/23/2013
binkyspankums is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 01:06 AM   #71
FalseHope4829

Send a message via AIM to FalseHope4829

Truth x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase x360a Representer   Submit - Bronze   Word of Mouth   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by XperimntNterror View Post
I'm getting a distinct vibe this Season Pass is just a gimmick to yoink more money out of your pocket. Obviously, this first DLC had to be in development very close to wrapping up the primary game for it to have come out so soon. Now, there is yet another DLC; if it's out in the next month, I'll suspect, it too, was developed in conjuction with the current DLC. Perhaps these "DLCs" were entire portions of the game that they cut to sell separately. At least, that's what it's looking like.

The text in the Season Pass states that you'll be getting the FIRST four packs that release between now and June, so I presume this next one will be included. To be getting released so quickly, I feel like Gearbox and 2K are pulling a snow job on all of us and simply charging an additional premium for content that was developed in conjunction with the primary game (i.e., there was no additional development cost involved in creating these DLCs since they were part of the original development budget) and were, conceivably, actually PART OF the primary game.

The Season Pass allows you buy all 4 DLCs at the price of 3, essentially, but, if what I speculate is true, it still means 2K got $90 per unit sold for content that was, probably, part of the original game development budget, so they are only taking a gain and not really passing on any "savings" or "deal" to the consumer.

Love me some greedy Publishers :/
It's not that they're greedy....well they are.....but they do this because of Gamestop (and obviously to make money). When a New Game is sold, 2k gets the money. That huge used game business gives no money at all to publishers. They only have a limited time to make money (much like pharmaceutical companies with "name Brand" drugs if you look into that). A way to ensure a steady cash flow is to do things like this. The publishers that you're thinking of are EA (think the ME3 DLC that was actually on the retail disc that you had to buy online to access) and Activision with their milking of CoD (anybody here old enough to remember when CoD kinda sucked?).

That being said, I'd rather them poop out alot of DLC not long after launch than drag it out. Look at Skyrim, had they put out all that dlc they promised (4 HUGE expansions like Shivering Isles...bullsh*t), i would've happily shelled out $200 in ms pts to play them. Now a year later, i've only gotten to kill vampires and build a house. Now I really have no interest in playing Skyrim again or buying dlc for it. BUT! The game has to feel "Full featured" and the DLC has to be worth the points. Which Cpt Scarlett and her butt was not worth $10.

Games Completed

RETAIL:
Avatar: TLA: TBE, Batman: Arkham Asylum, Borderlands (1750), Borderlands 2, CSI: Hard Evidence, Fable II (1350), Fable III, Fallout 3 (1550), Fallout New Vegas (1655), Fight Night Round 3, Gun, Halo 3 (1750), Oblivion (1250), Resident Evil 5 (orig 1000), Shadowrun, Skyrim (1300), Terminator: Salvation, TMNT, The Darkness

Arcade: 3D Ultra Minigolf, Dash of Destruction, The Maw (250)

FalseHope4829 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 04:17 AM   #72
ChickinOnaChain

Awards Showcase 5,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sali B View Post
I REALLY hope it's not like Moxxi's under***** i still need them achievements to 100%
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axel 360 View Post
Sounds like Moxxi´s Underdome big fail is coming back honestly.

I hope to be complete wrong about this.
NOOOOOOoooooooooooooo! Please...not the Blunder Dome!!! Kick me in the balls but no Dome.

ChickinOnaChain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 05:34 AM   #73
Dog Face

In Marshall's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Silver   1,000 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FalseHope4829 View Post
[...]
Pharmaceutical companies who make a new drug have a 20 year patent on their product. Usually they rake in the money between the 5 - 15 year mark, sometimes the full 20. You can't compare a drug company to DLCs.
Old 11-20-2012, 04:18 PM   #74
SneakingApple

SneakingApple's Gamercard
How much arenashit is in this expansion?
SneakingApple is offline   Reply With Quote