Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Main Hub > Discussion Boards > Xbox 360
Subscribe    Donate

Old 10-18-2012, 05:13 PM   #1
Manny Santiago

MannySantiagoPH's Gamercard
Question Region Compatibility for Xbox 360 games

Call me a n00b on this topic but was hoping to get some answers before I go buy games for my Xbox 360.

I noticed that my retailer sells both U.S. (NTSC) and Asian (NTSC/J) releases of 360 games. I would to know if...
  • Will I get 2 sets of achievements or will they share one set?
  • Will my save games be different or be shared?
  • Will my DLC's be for each region or be interchangable?

My reasons for asking this? I've got Dance Central 1 and 2 for the U.S. plus DLC I have purchased and I am eager to get DC3 but it's currently available as an Asian release.

Thanks much for any help that is provided.
Manny Santiago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 05:36 PM   #2
Gackt
Banned User

Awards Showcase Staff Club - Gackt   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Gold   SOTF Winner   GSL 8 Winners   The Helping Hand   Bright Idea   Word of Mouth   Donator - Level 1   Submit - Bronze   Artist of the Month
Total Awards: 15 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manny Santiago View Post
Call me a n00b on this topic but was hoping to get some answers before I go buy games for my Xbox 360.

I noticed that my retailer sells both U.S. (NTSC) and Asian (NTSC/J) releases of 360 games. I would to know if...
  • Will I get 2 sets of achievements or will they share one set?
  • Will my save games be different or be shared?
  • Will my DLC's be for each region or be interchangable?

My reasons for asking this? I've got Dance Central 1 and 2 for the U.S. plus DLC I have purchased and I am eager to get DC3 but it's currently available as an Asian release.

Thanks much for any help that is provided.
You can find a thread for stackable games here: http://www.xbox360achievements.org/f...d.php?t=124009

You need the correct console to play other region games, a NTSC console won't play PAL or Asian games unless they are region free.
PlayAsia website has a list of region free games.
Gackt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 04:53 AM   #3
Manny Santiago

MannySantiagoPH's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gackt View Post
You can find a thread for stackable games here: http://www.xbox360achievements.org/f...d.php?t=124009

You need the correct console to play other region games, a NTSC console won't play PAL or Asian games unless they are region free.
PlayAsia website has a list of region free games.
Hmmm... It's (past) DLC compatibility I'm worried about. The retailers are not sure on that part.
Manny Santiago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 09:51 AM   #4
Coldgears

best ln philly's Gamercard
The reason why games are stackable to begin with is because the game company has submitted the game twice to microsoft, each as a completely separate game.

This is done for various reasons such as certain achievements not available due to region differences (Wanted: WoF, Your Shape) or to mitigate lag by players between regions (Army of Two), or because they censored it and are too lazy to program the differences as the same game (Most german games, and SoF Australia) [LFD2 australia was censored and not stackable, because presumably, those developers are not lazy SoB's.]

Anyway, they are considered completely different games.

Asking if your Dragon Age: Origins DLC will work on Dragon Age: Origins [JP] is like asking if your Guitar Hero DLC will work in Rock Band.

Or if your Call of Duty map pack will work in Battlefield.

They are two different games. It's not possible.

I have 278 completions total, and love to do stackable games.

First in the world to do both Carnival Games Taiwan and Carnival Games American.
Coldgears is offline   Reply With Quote