PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Action > Splinter Cell: Conviction > Deniable Ops
Subscribe    Donate

Old 04-18-2011, 10:12 AM   #1
Syrinx

Syrinx vVv's Gamercard
How To Get "Demolition Crew Achievement" 100% Certain

I have read loads of different posts on topics and I then tried to get the Achievement myself with my brother split screen but i'm sure it will work with Deniable Ops and over Xbox Live.

I failed to do it about 5 or 6 times, maybe more with no joy, but I now know how to get it, following this route will get you the achievement for sure.

1. Ok so first thing you do is start up a "Hunter" game on "Realistic", and of Course on "Salt Lake City, UT", choose whatever equipment you want and play.

2. Now this is IMPORTANT, don't use anything exept, Hand To Hand, Pistol, Secondary Weapon and Portable EMP.

3. Also VERY important, don't shoot any "Canisters" or "Fire Extinguishers" through the first 3 Stages, even the one with 1 guy on his own and also don't let them get blown up by the Bad Guys lol.

4. Feel free to alert all the reinforcments in the first 3 areas if you wish it doesn't matter.

5. Now if you've done all that you will be at final area, what you want to do is go past the "Weapon Crates" and up the stairs utill it says you have 12 new enemies to kill, at this point turn back down the stairs and go to the "Weapons Crate". From here go as far back as possible and you should be able to see 1 Fire Extinguisher, you need to shoot it first, BEWARE when you do this it will alert an extra 12 enemies, but that's what we want. Also DON'T "SHOOT" any of the "Canisters" or "Fire Extinguishers" untill you have the last guy in a "Chokehold".

6. VERY IMPORTANT, DON'T LET THE ENEMIES BLOW UP ANY "Fire Extinguishers" OR "Canisters" AS THIS WILL STOP THE ACIENEMENT FROM POPPING UP.

7. This could be difficult if you are on your own but what you need to do now is kill all enemies but 1, he needs to be gotten into a "Chokehold" or left to run around.

8. Now that you've done all that you have to "SHOOT" everything, again don't use Equipment, Remote Mines, ect..

9. Ok now this is how you do it, there are 8 "Fire Extinguishers" in all plus 10 "Canisters", there is no need for me to tell you where they all are because as long as you count as you go a long you'll be fine plus there all in the open and easy to see with "Sonar Goggles" but you shouldn't even need them tbh.

10. VERY IMPORTANT, you MUST "SHOOT" the "Fire Extinguishers" FISRT as shooting some "Canisters" may blow up the "Fire Extinguishers" so please bare that in mind. Now like I said there are 8 in all, including the VERY FIRST one you shoot, 6 on the First Level and 2 on the Second Level and there are None on the Third Level.

11. Ok nearly done now just the 10 "Canisters", simple really just go along and shoot them and don't get to close. There are 4 on the First Level, 4 on the Second Level and 2 on the Third Level.

12. Once you do all that just take the last baddie that is in a "Chokehold" and throw him off the roof.

Hopefully you should have the achievement now and I hope this guide helps those that are having problems with this because I know I did and so are others.

Thanks For Reading, Any Feedback Good Or Bad Is Welcome.
Syrinx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 05:55 PM   #2
Agent Aero

Aero x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Gold   x360a Representer   Over Achiever - Bronze   Achievement Guide - Silver   Road Map - Gold   Word of Mouth   1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 8 (more» ...)
I tried this a few times to no avail and after reading this guide the achievement unlocked for both me and my split-screen partner.

Thanks for sharing!
Old 04-19-2011, 09:54 AM   #3
Syrinx

Syrinx vVv's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent Aero View Post
I tried this a few times to no avail and after reading this guide the achievement unlocked for both me and my split-screen partner.

Thanks for sharing!
No problem just glad I could help lol
Syrinx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 06:29 PM   #4
spxyu02

Send a message via AIM to spxyu02

spxyu02's Gamercard
Thanks for the walkthrough, got it first try with this method!
spxyu02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2011, 11:35 PM   #5
McGoogles

Ratify's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - * Clueless *   Staff Club - Grifter Reborn   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   5,000 Posts   Over Achiever - Silver   Staff Club - DEG23   XBA Promoter   Submit - Silver
Total Awards: 8 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Syrinx View Post
6. VERY IMPORTANT, DON'T LET THE ENEMIES BLOW UP ANY "Fire Extinguishers" OR "Canisters" AS THIS WILL STOP THE ACIENEMENT FROM POPPING UP.
Not necessarily true. I got detected on the second part of the level and enemies threw multiple grenades and exploded several objects (canisters, tanks, fire extinguishers) and I still got the achievement at the very end.

Also, to those are still attempting this achievement and/or reading this thread, you can always use the retry button and still get the achievement without loading to the title screen and back and enduring a long wait.
Latest arcade completion: Motocross Madness

McGoogles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2011, 09:33 PM   #6
Viper8828

Send a message via AIM to Viper8828 Send a message via Yahoo to Viper8828

Viper8828's Gamercard
good guide - it worked on first try - thank you much
Viper8828 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 01:54 PM   #7
Xx Duuuke xX

xx duuuke xx's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Awesome guide mate, worked first try
Xx Duuuke xX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 11:10 AM   #8
Jeff 0ff

Jeff 0ff's Gamercard
can this be done on solo?
Jeff 0ff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 01:33 PM   #9
Andreas_loel

mr fiskeh's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
I had absolutely no problem with this achievement, my first time of playing the map (without going for demolition crew) i got perfect hunter. Second play of the level going for the achievement i got it

Youtube
http://www.youtube.com/user/MrDoggson
Andreas_loel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 02:52 AM   #10
thebuf2

thebuf2's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Syrinx View Post

Thanks For Reading, Any Feedback Good Or Bad Is Welcome.
Thanks for your help
thebuf2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 02:27 PM   #11
Jank Hank

Jank Hank's Gamercard
Just got this achievement to conquer the game last night. Your tips were really helpful. Thanks!
Jank Hank is offline   Reply With Quote