PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooter > Doom 3 BFG Edition
Subscribe    Donate

Old 10-27-2012, 02:57 PM   #31
Fahrstuhl

WsD Fahrstuhl's Gamercard
thanks alot
Fahrstuhl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 05:34 PM   #32
mugginyouoff

Salaryman Clev's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by bLaKgRaVy View Post
Was everything else correct, meaning did you use the spreadsheet for all the collectibles? And did all three achievements unlock? I guess I'm just looking for validation that everything is correct. All I wanted to do was help out.
Only done regular DOOM 3 campaign but I got video/pda achievement no problems.

The Storage achievement I got in Delta labs 4 and I had missed a storage locker (did not extend bridge, guide was not updated yet). So i'm not sure what the deal with that is since I missed 1 and there are lockers after that level.
Old 10-28-2012, 11:52 AM   #33
Harry94

Pear of Justice's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by mugginyouoff View Post
Only done regular DOOM 3 campaign but I got video/pda achievement no problems.

The Storage achievement I got in Delta labs 4 and I had missed a storage locker (did not extend bridge, guide was not updated yet). So i'm not sure what the deal with that is since I missed 1 and there are lockers after that level.
The achievement is glitched, but in a good way. I think the devs did the programming so that once x amount of lockers had been opened the achievement would unlock, but they miscounted. It may also be because of the martian lockers. I'm not opening them on my play-through, only opening supply lockers and i'll come back here and say if/when it unlocked.

Harry94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 04:57 PM   #34
mugginyouoff

Salaryman Clev's Gamercard
Yup, most likely.

ROE PDA achieve unlocked no problem also.

Might be worth removing 2nd collectable in Hell for DOOM 3. It's a bit confusing since it's not actually in the game. (no idea how you get it)
Old 10-28-2012, 06:42 PM   #35
ATC Psyko

ATC Psyko's Gamercard
thank you very much !!!
ATC Psyko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 08:42 PM   #36
bLaKgRaVy

bLaKgRaVy's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Road Map - Platinum   Achievement Guide - Platinum   2,500 Posts   XBA Promoter   Staff Club - Minty   Brick Builders & Busters Franchise Club - Tier 2   Brick Builders & Busters Franchise Club - Tier 1   Toilet Bowl Challenge Club - Tier 1   Over Achiever - Bronze   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 10 (more» ...)
Quote:
Yup, most likely.

ROE PDA achieve unlocked no problem also.

Might be worth removing 2nd collectable in Hell for DOOM 3. It's a bit confusing since it's not actually in the game. (no idea how you get it)
Will do. Thanks for the suggestion. I had it in there for completion sake, but if it isn't attainable, why have it in there?

I will edit the spreadsheet and repost it tomorrow in the first post of this thread. I forgot to email it to myself on Friday so it's on my work computer.

I took out the reference to the unobtainable PDA in Hell but I left in the location of the Video Disk that is in the game twice, just in case someone missed picking it up the first time.

EDIT - Please refer to the first post of this thread for the most current and revised collectibles spreadsheet. You must be signed in and have at least 5 posts before you can download it.

Last edited by bLaKgRaVy; 10-29-2012 at 04:02 PM.
bLaKgRaVy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 09:42 PM   #37
Nevander

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze   Referrals - Bronze   Road Map - Silver   Achievement Guide - Silver   5,000 Posts
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry94 View Post
The achievement is glitched, but in a good way. I think the devs did the programming so that once x amount of lockers had been opened the achievement would unlock, but they miscounted. It may also be because of the martian lockers. I'm not opening them on my play-through, only opening supply lockers and i'll come back here and say if/when it unlocked.
I can vouch for this...

As I was going through the game, unlocking ALL lockers, getting ALL PDAs, etc., the achievement "Goody Finder" for some reason unlocked four lockers early for me. I unlocked it at locker number 387 in Delta Labs Level 3.
Old 10-29-2012, 11:49 PM   #38
DoomedChaosky

DoomedChaosky's Gamercard
well i dont think the PDA`s from "Lost mission" needs the guide since there are only 7 or 8 and i find all of them in my first playtrough, just saying, but the original doom really needs it
DoomedChaosky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 02:22 AM   #39
bLaKgRaVy

bLaKgRaVy's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Road Map - Platinum   Achievement Guide - Platinum   2,500 Posts   XBA Promoter   Staff Club - Minty   Brick Builders & Busters Franchise Club - Tier 2   Brick Builders & Busters Franchise Club - Tier 1   Toilet Bowl Challenge Club - Tier 1   Over Achiever - Bronze   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoomedChaosky View Post
well i dont think the PDA`s from "Lost mission" needs the guide since there are only 7 or 8 and i find all of them in my first playtrough, just saying, but the original doom really needs it
Gee, thanks for the appreciation...
Old 10-31-2012, 12:50 AM   #40
bassbear

Unholy Hitokiri's Gamercard
Awesome, thanks.
bassbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 03:40 AM   #41
deathshadow1701

deathshadow1701's Gamercard
great guide cheers
deathshadow1701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 05:07 AM   #42
Delow317
Banned User

Delow317 XBL's Gamercard
Just wanted to give my man BlackGravy a big thank you for his awesome spreadsheet which now includes all 3 games! I'm 3/4 of the way through using your guide and it's been a great help having them in chronological order like that!

Now if only Nightmare mode wasn't such a chore..
Delow317 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 04:37 AM   #43
MacNeill

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoomedChaosky View Post
It's better to have them there just in case and it saves time in case you miss one
MacNeill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 11:45 AM   #44
Harry94

Well, I unlocked Goody Finder earlier than I should of done. I opened 2 additional doors that are listed in this guide, the weapons storage in Mars City and the martian locker and the door that leads to it in Delta Labs, no others. I unlocked the trophy after opening the last locker in Delta labs, 104.

So yeah, those additional lockers may count. You'll get the achievement/trophy anyway though. It's just those make it unlock earlier than it should.

Old 11-04-2012, 03:46 PM   #45
davey1971

Thanks

Thanks this is awesome
davey1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 12:33 AM   #46
RadiantViper

radiantviper's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
All of the guides I've checked say something about a video in the kitchen in Mars City, that you have to watch the whole thing ... but it says "not collectable". Does that mean it magically appears in your inventory or something? Or can you not actually get it? Some clarification would be nice ...
RadiantViper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 01:02 AM   #47
cheezyspam

just beat nightmare and now I'm going to go through it all again for these collectables! so tedious, but I've come this far...
cheezyspam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 02:22 AM   #48
bLaKgRaVy

bLaKgRaVy's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by RadiantViper View Post
All of the guides I've checked say something about a video in the kitchen in Mars City, that you have to watch the whole thing ... but it says "not collectable". Does that mean it magically appears in your inventory or something? Or can you not actually get it? Some clarification would be nice ...
That was the text that was provided on the website where I got the information from (it said you had to watch the whole thing). I don't know if it's true or not since that website was created when Doom 3 for the PC came out and there were no such things as achievements yet.

I stood there for like four minutes and watched the whole thing, but yeah, the game didn't and doesn't say anything about having that video in my inventory.

The text on the website says specifically "Not collectable - watch on overhead video". I included it in the spreadsheet for completion's sake, but I really don't think it's necessary for the achievement. Has anyone unlocked the video disk achievement that didn't watch the TV in the kitchen?
Old 11-05-2012, 10:24 AM   #49
Harry94

Quote:
That was the text that was provided on the website where I got the information from (it said you had to watch the whole thing). I don't know if it's true or not since that website was created when Doom 3 for the PC came out and there were no such things as achievements yet.

I stood there for like four minutes and watched the whole thing, but yeah, the game didn't and doesn't say anything about having that video in my inventory.

The text on the website says specifically "Not collectable - watch on overhead video". I included it in the spreadsheet for completion's sake, but I really don't think it's necessary for the achievement. Has anyone unlocked the video disk achievement that didn't watch the TV in the kitchen?
It's the same for the medical recording, I don't think that's needed either. It says collect all video logs, so I'm pretty sure they don't count. I watched them anyway to be on the safe side

Old 11-06-2012, 12:06 PM   #50
Wendigo84

Wendigo84's Gamercard
Thanks for the guide.
Wendigo84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 02:29 AM   #51
RadiantViper

radiantviper's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Quote:

Yeah, I figured it was something like that, thanks for the info
RadiantViper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 06:39 PM   #52
GR4V1G0R3

GR4V1G0R3's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
missed a few lockers, and this unlocked just as i returned to delta (after hell) and i don't think it's based on how many you've got either, that was a good 10 or more mins after my last locker was opened, i was just walking down a corridor when it popped and i was "WTF?!?"

still i need to redo doom 3 for PDA's & vid logs...oh, and that little task called nightmare difficulty

121 games completed
40 - RETAIL 27 - XBLA 50 - WP7 3 - GFWL1 WEB
GR4V1G0R3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 01:57 PM   #53
Wynnea22

wynnea22's Gamercard
Hi Guys, I am new to this site and i am having trouble downloading the Excel spreadsheet, this is probably due to the fact i am new. Does anyone know of another way i can get hold of it, Thanks
Wynnea22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 04:21 PM   #54
bLaKgRaVy

bLaKgRaVy's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynnea22 View Post
Hi Guys, I am new to this site and i am having trouble downloading the Excel spreadsheet, this is probably due to the fact i am new. Does anyone know of another way i can get hold of it, Thanks
Trouble because you need at least 5 posts to download it.

If you want to PM me your email address, I'll make sure you get a copy. Do not post it in here, send it to me in a private message. Otherwise you have to make at least 5 posts.

If you're a video guy instead, Harry94 has made video guides of all the collectibles in chronological order.

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/f...d.php?t=397623
Old 12-02-2012, 08:26 PM   #55
AliceJameson

AliceJameson's Gamercard
Thanks for the list.
AliceJameson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 04:14 PM   #56
Darth Cheeks

Darth Cheeks's Gamercard
Thanks for the guide. Its a great help.
Darth Cheeks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 07:38 PM   #57
modemman11

modemman11's Gamercard
Was trying to use the spreadsheet, there are a few minor issues with it. One area says Main instead of Maint for example (simple typo), there are a few things out of order and there is one locker that is completely missing from the spreadsheet in Lost mission.
modemman11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 10:34 PM   #58
WalterEdison

sigh, the site wont let me open the excel sheet
WalterEdison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 10:51 PM   #59
WalterEdison

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Deadly Gun View Post
do you have some information about that "Level 2 - Erebus Dig Site: Central Excavation - Sean Weston pda"? You can see it through the door, but you cant get it. I searched for 2h on all those websites, coundnt find anything about it..
please help me, its really frustrating

Edit: ok i found the pda, theres a ladder in the elevator shaft..

haha I HATE when that happens!
WalterEdison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 03:38 AM   #60
bLaKgRaVy

bLaKgRaVy's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by WalterEdison View Post
sigh, the site wont let me open the excel sheet
You have to have 5 posts before you can download it. Since you have 6 now, try it again.