PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Action > Saints Row: The Third
Subscribe    Donate

Old 11-27-2011, 11:13 PM   #1
kierons316

Rambaldi 666's Gamercard
What things do you miss?

It's fair to say they took a few things out of The Third. Just wondered what other people miss.

I few things I would have liked to see

- Customization. On both the character and vehicles. Saints 2 had much more customizing options I wish they would have kept in The Third.

- Races, I thought, although some a pain in the ass, were amazing.

- Ability to call for a taxi, a little lame I know but it saved time being able to get from one end of map to the other instantly

- Multiplayer... Yea I know they took it out to focus on the Single / Co-op, which could have been a whole lot longer, but after getting into the MP on SR2, I actually really enjoyed it, also you could have a bunch of friends pratting around which was awesome. Now you can only have 2 players, which is still fun, but if there's 2 of your friends who has the game, someone is getting left out 4 player co op would have been epic!!!

- Demo Derby. 'nuff said...
kierons316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 11:55 PM   #2
Scotty
Shut up and Kiss Me!!

Scotty x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase The Mighty Duck Face   Achievement Guide - Silver   Donator - Level 4   Green Thumb - Silver   Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 1   CABS Beta Tester   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   x360a Representer   Subscriber - Bronze   Road Map - Gold   A+ Thread Award   2,500 Posts
Total Awards: 16 (more» ...)
i dont really miss anything, but i think they should have added a hell of a lot more customization, especially the tattoos, but the clothes and hair styles and stuff like that, although there are a lot, i saw pretty much all of them in the demo. also the weapon customization in 3 is highly improved.

EDIT: just driving along now and realized i miss cruise control, made driving and shooting together a lot easier.

Last edited by Scotty; 11-27-2011 at 11:59 PM.
Scotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 12:15 AM   #3
Axel Desade

CherryAvalanche's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottttocs View Post
EDIT: just driving along now and realized i miss cruise control, made driving and shooting together a lot easier.
is for cruise control, they still have it.

I miss FUZZ, Septic Avenger, Fight Club, Crowd Control, getting rewards other than $ and XP for Hitman/Chopshop, I miss layering clothes, and having my hair be multiple colors, I miss having tattoos that actually looked good, and having eye patches.

Axel Desade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 12:21 AM   #4
jonnyMAGNUM

Send a message via AIM to jonnyMAGNUM

must be a curse's Gamercard
Two words: Freckle Bitches.

jonnyMAGNUM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 01:21 AM   #5
Warren17

GoLeafsGo TML's Gamercard
Pretty much all the activities they took out. If they were gonna take something out, should have being trail blazing. Another thing I missed was Gat.

Warren17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 01:33 AM   #6
Andreas_loel

mr fiskeh's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
I miss some of the activities, fight club wasnt anything special but i still enjoyed it.
Personally Saints 3 is more fun than 2 was, but at the same time Saints 2 was a better game. Sounds wierd but i would had seen them switch it around instead because they took a huge step back in some areas and a giant one ahead in others in this so it feels like a somewhat fucked up product.

Youtube
http://www.youtube.com/user/MrDoggson
Andreas_loel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 05:50 AM   #7
Delirium1138

delirium1138's Gamercard
I'm fine with everything over all in 3, but I do miss some of the activities like Septic Avenger and Fuzz. Although I'm not a fan of the races I'm surprised that they took racing out completely. Seems to be something that is just expected in this sort of game.
I also miss Gat
Delirium1138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 11:00 AM   #8
stefanos2k10

thedarkone2k8's Gamercard
i wouldnt no cos i still havent received my pre order copy >_> dam you zavvi
stefanos2k10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 11:55 AM   #9
Ensign Hugh Man

Dr Enword's Gamercard
It seemed that some of the customization for the cars was left out especially spinner rims. Also where the fuck are my bunny slippers?
Old 11-28-2011, 12:25 PM   #10
JuSt BLaZe

BLAZE VII's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Diamond   5,000 Posts   Over Achiever - Gold   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Well I'd say a few better music-tracks as in SR2 and a deeper clothing collection with more options AS IN SR2.

1st worldwide who "officially" completed [FLASHBACK] a 100%!
JuSt BLaZe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 12:36 PM   #11
Zombymario

Zombymario's Gamercard
I liked Crowd Control in SR2, I miss that. And what is realy sas is that there are only 3 types of planes in the game. AB Deystroyer, Snipe57 and the Woodpecker.
Zombymario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 01:12 PM   #12
BlackDragon

BlakeTheDrake's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ensign Hugh Man View Post
Also where the fuck are my bunny slippers?
At 'Leather & Lace', I believe.

As for me, well, I miss most of the now-lost activities, including Fight Club and FUZZ. I miss being able to choose from multiple fighting-styles, though the one they've settled on now IS pretty sweet. I miss having a real selection of melee-weapons.

But most of all, I miss being able to choose a beard AND a mustache in the Character Creation. Because you can now only choose ONE piece of facial hair, I'm unable to recreate the character I've played in the previous two games in this one. It's a small thing, but it's still annoying. As Yahtzee often puts it, sequels are supposed to have MORE stuff, not LESS...

77777 reached - 17/11-2011
Next goal: 99999!
BlackDragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 03:33 PM   #13
Bloody_Hitman666

Darksoul660's Gamercard
i missed the 40 ounces and blounts from the gas stations, the fight club activity, and protect the pimp and pimped out ride from SR1 multiplayer.
Also i miss forgive and forget, its cool being able to lose cops from going in a store or crib you own and being able to call the number but when im driving around or doing a vehicle theft i want to be able to get the cops/gangs off me without going to a crib or owned store.
Bloody_Hitman666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 04:43 PM   #14
Scrubber

Scrubber89's Gamercard
Wide Customisation

Good story lines

Old "British" voice

Pierce & Shaundi

Gat
Scrubber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 08:51 PM   #15
Dangerline

Anyone else think that you spent most of the time taking over a building during the story? i did like the fact that the activities were introduced to you via the story but what this game lacked was story, it was pretty damn short, which is funny because i swear the makers said that they were gonna spend more time on the single player/co-op hence why multiplayer was taken out.
I hope that the DLC is soon because once you finish the story and all activities running around with nothing to do except drive, piss off the cops and kill a few civilians, its pretty boring, it would of been nice to be able to start a new game + with all your upgraded stats/weapons.
Sorry went on for a bit there, I do like the game though but it feels like something is missing

I do not accept FR without a message
Dangerline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 09:05 PM   #16
Paka

bucfanpaka's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1   Gamer Chick!
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Unhappy

The customization is the big one for me, on the clothing. There was so much more you could do with it in 2. There are a few things I like in this, but even then, the color options are strange and sometimes the palette options look totally different on different items which can make matching tough.

Also miss all the buildings you could go into and explore. This one just feels emptier.
Old 11-28-2011, 10:36 PM   #17
True I Skill

The Khaos's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts
Customization i guess what makes it worse is how they bigged up in some of the video's how customization is at a whole new level and has been improved in every way, Fuckers....

I guess i also miss all the shops that SR1 & 2 Had, sure i did not use all of them, But they made for some funny radio adverts, and changed it up a bit, I hate how every clothing store on this game is Planet saints then a few random ones dotted around with hardly any clothes.

The way the missions are, i loved the whole choosing which gang to take down on the older games, this one, well just sucked. I guess they binned the old idea so they could switch the story up a bit and all, but really? SR was always about taking over the whole city, I dont really get that feeling with this game.

Activities, i wont even explain.

Unlocks, It felt like there was so many secret unlocks in the last games, Like on SR2 winning the base jump by landing directly in the car would unlock you the ability to not die when falling, It was cool finding out all then unlocks... On this it has everything just there on the phone ready to buy.

I guess i will stop there, there are a ton more things i miss, But i guess the game is still amazing. I dont get it, they've cut so much out but i still love the game! i have not completed it yet, but yeah its enjoyable, All the good things in it make up for all the stuff they cut out, I guess i sort of hope when they make SR4 they maybe bring all that stuff back and well who knows maybe update the city like they did with sr2?
Old 11-28-2011, 11:02 PM   #18
iBabyDestiny

Taokaka Meow's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by kierons316 View Post
- Multiplayer... Yea I know they took it out to focus on the Single / Co-op, which could have been a whole lot longer, but after getting into the MP on SR2, I actually really enjoyed it, also you could have a bunch of friends pratting around which was awesome. Now you can only have 2 players, which is still fun, but if there's 2 of your friends who has the game, someone is getting left out 4 player co op would have been epic!!!!
I'm glad the removed the stupid MP... Never liked it =/

Thanks to Gackt for this awesome signature!

iBabyDestiny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 12:15 AM   #19
Joel78

joel78's Gamercard
Yeah I miss that old British voice character too, and also how he used to sing along to some of the music. I know in one of the early missions you're singing with your partner but I haven't heard any of the random singing that was in the previous game?
Joel78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 01:00 AM   #20
snipeye

snipeye 17's Gamercard
Forgive & forget
snipeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 03:19 AM   #21
Int3rnalF3ar

Krayzie OutKast's Gamercard
My freaking Pimp Cane! Why did they take that away? My characters from both games had that awesome weapon

Other than that, customization options. Sad they took out the walking style for your character.

1200/1200 Halo Wars
1700/1700 Halo: Reach
1000/1000 Halo: CE Anniversary
1000/1000 Halo 2 (PC)
1000/1000 Halo 3: ODST
1750/1750 Halo 3
250/250 Halo: Spartan Assault (Windows 8)
250/250 Halo: Spartan Assault (Windows Phone)
400/400 Halo: Spartan Assault (Xbox 360)
1000/1000 Halo: Spartan Assault (Xbox One)
2000/2000 Halo 4

532/532 total achievements unlocked.
Int3rnalF3ar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 11:41 AM   #22
Pazto

Pazto's Gamercard
I was kinda disappointed by this game . . .
I LOVED SR2, and for get this at day one I sold like 10 games.
I like the new melee gameplay and the fact that now, you can customize weapon, but seriously, SR2 had lot of more stuff . . . More clothes ( where the hell is my Ninja Outfit & all the other cool clothes ! ! !) more weapon ( There was lot of melee weapons . . . Where the hell is my katana , the knife and sledge hammer ? ? ? ) more activities, more fighting style ( cmon . . . just 1 fighting style in this game . . . ? ? ? ), more customization of the char ( no walking style ? ? ? ) more easter eggs, a better map and the fact that you can throw object and pick up "not-ordinary" weapon.
I still liked this one, but really, it looks like a "smaller version" of SR2 . . .

. . . . I <3 MY GAMERTAG

Last edited by Pazto; 12-02-2011 at 11:48 AM.
Pazto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 02:52 PM   #23
CrAzYnEsS

I miss everything they took out. Saints Row The Third is watered down.

Cheating doesn't qualify as skills, its just a poor
attempt for a newb to be a pro.

BTW-I kno some of the spelling on my posts, is incorrect, but im just too lazy to fix it srry. Also if n e of my posts have offended n e 1 in n e way, i apologize. PEACE
CrAzYnEsS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 08:48 PM   #24
Axel Desade

CherryAvalanche's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzYnEsS View Post
I miss everything they took out. Saints Row The Third is watered down.

Couldn't have said it better myself.

Axel Desade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 10:58 PM   #25
DominationWarrior

Send a message via Skype™ to DominationWarrior

Rindoukombatant's Gamercard
Johnny Gat, The Vice Kings, except for Tanya, she is bad, and Julius. Man I missed that old man.
DominationWarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2011, 02:05 AM   #26
Joel78

joel78's Gamercard
Would not surprise me if they bring out these things as DLC which we have to pay for,
Joel78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2011, 01:01 PM   #27
Lordvader178

The Green Robin's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts   Road Map - Bronze   A+ Thread Award   Word of Mouth
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
- Tattoo customization. I missed that so much. Now I just have to pick a design and they all suck.
- Lack of cutscenes. The lack of cutscenes in SR3 saddens me because SR2 cusctenes were some of the best I hade ever seen.
- Johnny Gat.
- Pimp Cane Shotgun.
- Crowd Control. I never really liked the activity but it was really hilarious and would of totally fitted SR3's atmosphere.
- Mission's that weren't activity related. It seems like half the story is a tutorial.
- Unlocking Stuff. I beat all activites, got the 100% and 1000 and all I get is a Tron Bike/Car? Not cool.
Lordvader178 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2011, 06:09 PM   #28
Colonel Amazing

Colonel Amazing's Gamercard
The deep sea diving helmet. Besides the british accent that was the defining feature of my male character, and they took it out.

Also, Septic Avenger, Fuzz, Eating to regain health, buying clothing by the layers, meaningful rewards for completing activities, Shaundi's old personality and Gat of course.
Colonel Amazing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 09:59 PM   #29
friedmad

cribbet's Gamercard
i'll tell you what i DONT miss, and that is the tow truck diversion! GD that was FREAKISHLY hard and i never was able to keep the tow truck from blowing up from damage after round 7 or so
friedmad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 10:25 PM   #30
Interfector DEI

interfector dei's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colonel Amazing View Post
The deep sea diving helmet. Besides the british accent that was the defining feature of my male character, and they took it out.

Also, Septic Avenger, Fuzz, Eating to regain health, buying clothing by the layers, meaningful rewards for completing activities, Shaundi's old personality and Gat of course.
I like Shaundi new personality tho her hard on for dead Gat gets annoying. I do miss Gat tho he was always my favorite homicidal saints homie the fact that he'd take a bullet for you like it was nothing made him all the more awesome lol. I also don't care much for the new respect for upgrades it wouldn't be to bad if earning it wasn't such a pain and all the good stuff wasn't 45+
Interfector DEI is offline   Reply With Quote