PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > RPG > Mass Effect 2
Subscribe    Donate

Old 06-20-2013, 10:32 AM   #1
Rubberduckie UK

Rubberduckie UK's Gamercard
Do multiple ME1 playthroughs get imported?

When you import your ME1 character, does it only import your latest playthrough or a culmination of multiple playthroughs of ME1 with the same character?

What I'm concerned about is in playthroughs after the first run through I skipped through dialog pretty quickly and didn't bother searching for the collectables, finding codex entries or completing all side missions. I wasn't bothered about interacting with crew much either. In my first play I got all the collectables, did the side missions for my crew and maxed out paragon, but obviously didn't reach level 60.

What are the most important decisions that affect ME2 & ME3?

Sorry if this has been asked before, I wasn't sure how to word it to search. I'm not sure I've even explained my question very well here.
Rubberduckie UK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 10:38 AM   #2
Burnout x360a

M1KE 08's Gamercard

Awards Showcase XBA Promoter   Submit - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   5,000 Posts
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Every time you beat Mass Effect 1 it will create a separate save that can be imported into Mass Effect 2.

So, for example, if you beat the first game and are say level 50 and then you start a new game+ with that character and beat it again and are level 60, when you go to import in Mass Effect 2 there will be 2 separate saves. One for the level 50 and one for the level 60.

^ By Xerofox, thanks!
Twitter lSteam

Burnout x360a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 10:51 AM   #3
Rubberduckie UK

Thank you, I thought that was the case. So only decisions made in that playthrough affect ME2. Bugger, that's annoying!

What are the most important things to have done in ME1? I'm sensing another playthrough may be needed here.
Old 06-20-2013, 11:01 AM   #4
Burnout x360a

M1KE 08's Gamercard

Awards Showcase XBA Promoter   Submit - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   5,000 Posts
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubberduckie UK View Post
Thank you, I thought that was the case. So only decisions made in that playthrough affect ME2. Bugger, that's annoying!

What are the most important things to have done in ME1? I'm sensing another playthrough may be needed here.
There's a section on the file transfer wiki page that has the major decisions (obviously there's other decisions too).

http://masseffect.wikia.com/wiki/Sav...Plot_Decisions

^ By Xerofox, thanks!
Twitter lSteam

Burnout x360a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 11:02 AM   #5
Veedrock

Veedrock's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Micro Guide - Bronze   Genre Competition - First Place   2,500 Posts   Donator - Level 1   XBA Promoter
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubberduckie UK View Post

The only truly important things are those you can't skip (Rachni, Virmire, Council), plus your romance. There are tons of other little things that'll import though, which'll definitely increase your immersion if you're really into that. A full list of notable imports can be found here.

EDIT: fffffffffffff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Creech View Post
As a site, we don't support calling it "xbone" as that was a name that was used to refer to the system in a negative light. Since the site exists to support the system, being deliberately negative towards it seems counter productive.

tl;dr - Call it the Xbox One or X1.
Veedrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 11:05 AM   #6
Rubberduckie UK

Brilliant! Thanks for the links!