PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 LIVE Arcade Games > Racing > Pocketbike Racer
Subscribe    Donate

Old 12-05-2006, 11:36 AM   #1
sinsix

sinsix's Gamercard
Question Time Trial Tribulations...

Alright, there must be something I'm missing, here. I need the time trial achievement so I set up a Ultimate Time Trial game. I selected 150cc and picked Parking Lot as my level. After getting a 16 second time on it, I then moved from level to level getting under a minute and a half on each, yet no achievement. Is there something I am forgetting? How do you have to end the race? Do you let the boost meter hit bottom or just turn the race off? Someone please help! Thanks!

I create custom signatures. Just ask.

Completed: Halo 3, 3D Ultra Mini Golf Fuzion Frenzy 2,
Marble Blast Ultra, Cars, Pocketbike Racer, NBA Live '06
Call of Duty 2, Condemned, NBA 2K6, King Kong, Madden '06,
College Hoops 2K6, Big Game Hunter 2008,
TMNT, Fight Night 3, Bankshot Billiards 2, NFS Most Wanted,
Avatar, African Safari, NHL 2K6.
sinsix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2006, 01:06 PM   #2
Bomber v4

Frosty x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1   Word of Mouth   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
All i did was after i got a lap time of under 1:30 i just stopped and let the bar on the side go down then i went on to the next level.

Bomber v4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2007, 02:09 AM   #3
PureFLCL

PureFLCL's Gamercard
I think your supposed get all of the lap times together to only add up to 1:30 total. I'm working on that one now also.
PureFLCL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2007, 07:15 AM   #4
PureFLCL

PureFLCL's Gamercard
I got the time trials tonight, it is for 1:30 per track, I used the Zipper 150 and just keep trying to best my times. I got mine after about 4 laps in the construction zone track. I had the most problems on that track, to many tight turns for me.... It's pretty easy to get this as long as you know take a few laps before letting the meter run out and keep them under 1:30
PureFLCL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 11:49 PM   #5
Maka

Send a message via MSN to Maka

Maka91's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Bronze   Micro Guide - Platinum   Road Map - Emerald   Xbox One Maximum Clubs Novice   10,000 posts   Achievement Guide - Emerald   GRID 2 Award   Submit - Platinum   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Bronze   Referrals - Silver   x360a Book Club
Total Awards: 22 (more» ...)
I had the same problem, I did them all today, after each one I let the meter run down, and than went on to the next one.... And I never got it, I got them all under 1:20...

Nothing, Why isnt it working?
Maka is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2007, 08:15 PM   #6
Rogertheshruber

Send a message via AIM to Rogertheshruber Send a message via MSN to Rogertheshruber

ROGERTHESHRUBER's Gamercard
set it for ultimate time trial, 150cc, and use the bike with the most top speed. once u get a lap time of under 1:30, let ur boost run out so you stop, then move to the next level
Rogertheshruber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2007, 01:19 AM   #7
TacticalChaos15

TacticalChaos15's Gamercard
for some reason I can't get under 2 minutes on the construction site, any help???

My beloved Xbox...... May you rest in peace December 24th 2006- September 8th 2007
TacticalChaos15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2007, 01:46 AM   #8
emperor799

WoozleWozzle's Gamercard
There are short cuts. Either try to find a map somewhere or cruise around backwards and forwards looking for them, that's what I did.

On a side note, it won't give me the Time Trial achievement either. Did any of the rest of you ever get it? If so, how?
emperor799 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2007, 09:52 PM   #9
IbdwIRascal

I2ascal's Gamercard
I followed the same formula of finishing the lap in under 1:30 and running the boosters out afterwards to end the map.

On the construction site I used the first shortcut (at the very beginning, go left towards the crane - there should be an openning next to a large spool with a ramp behind it - that will take you to the next level up). I also finished that map with an OVERALL time over 1:30, so that has no effect on the achievement. Just be sure to watch your boosters, if you bottom out or even come close it ends prematurely. The key is to check the display at the top right (and on the race end screen) to confirm that "Best Lap" shows as under 1:30 and not anything higher or nill.

I know that's all a bit much, but hopefully there may be something in there that is being widely overlooked. It really is an easy achievement if you follow the formula.
IbdwIRascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2007, 07:25 AM   #10
emperor799

WoozleWozzle's Gamercard
Oh, I forgot to post, but it turns out you MUST be logged into Live to get the Mascot Jr. & Time Trial Gold achievements. I've posted and asked that the guide be updated to include that tidbit, but they've yet to respond. Please ask for the update as well as it keeps causing unnecessary delays for people!
emperor799 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2007, 09:11 PM   #11
CC99999

OK,

Obviously other people had problems with this achievement. I logged in a few hours on this game yesterday and this this achievement is not unlocking.

The set up:

Ultimate Time Trial, my Xbox was on Xbox Live at the time, and I easily scored less than 1:30 on every stage.

The best lap showed my sub 1:30 time before I wasted all of my boost energy.

When I check the high scores leaderboards my scores do not show up.

Maka, or anyone else who knows what I'm talking about... is this glitched for me- or am I missing something.
Old 05-02-2008, 12:40 AM   #12
Parkerktm

Send a message via AIM to Parkerktm

JUST DO IT7's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 5,000 Posts   Submit - Gold   Word of Mouth   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
I'm having the same issues as you guys did, i've done every level twice getting under 1:30 all times.

Help Pleas!

God Bless America

Parkerktm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 06:53 AM   #13
buck wyyld

buck wyyld's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Gamerscore League Season 6 Winner
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
I just got it to unlock. Make sure you have <1:30 for your best LAP, and forget whatever the total time is. I was logged in to XBL when I got it. The only means I had to conquer the construction level was to use a 150cc bike and the aforementioned shortcut by the crane. When you get on the roof, go balls-out and hit the white health cones on the roof of the next building to almost totally restore you. My finishing time was like 1:25:30 so it's quite do-able if you listen to these gents.
Old 08-27-2008, 03:25 AM   #14
Vertigod
Banned User

BlastTyrant06's Gamercard
I just unlocked this achievement this morning. Here's how I did it:

- Selected Single Player> Free Play

- Level: You have to do a lap in each of the five levels.
- Event: Ultimate Time Trial
- CC: 150

I picked the Gearhead as my bike because it has good handling and top speed. I tried a bike with better top speed and acceleration, but it was harder to control on the corners.

Once you start each level, do one lap. Once you complete the lap, check out what your best time is (it will be the timer that has stopped, the other timers will keep counting). If the Best time counter is under 1:30, you've met the requirement. Now you just have to let your boost meter run out. You can either just sit and wait, or you can boost around the track until it's gone. Just don't go through any cones or you'll keep refilling the meter. Once your meter is empty, the level will end. A screen will come up showing your best time and your overall time. The overall time doesn't matter, just your best. Just keep repeating the above for each level and you will unlock the achievement.
Hope that clears it up for anyone having difficulty with this achievement. It's not worded very well in the achievement description, especially the part about letting the boost meter run out to end the level.
Vertigod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2008, 11:08 PM   #15
DNBJerk

Send a message via AIM to DNBJerk

Joshonthenet's Gamercard
Honestly, I've been stuck on the construction yard for months now, it's ridiculous.

DNBJerk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 12:21 AM   #16
goothgone

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by IbdwIRascal View Post
On the construction site I used the first shortcut (at the very beginning, go left towards the crane - there should be an openning next to a large spool with a ramp behind it - that will take you to the next level up)
Works like a charm
Old 07-28-2010, 12:13 AM   #17
MojaveRedneck

mojaveredneck's Gamercard
http://www.xbox360achievements.org/f...d.php?t=154627

This thread was talking about the same issues and it was said in the second post down that you have to be online, maybe you should try this.
MojaveRedneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 02:54 PM   #18
B-Rad

housemusicownsu's Gamercard
Jesus

I finally got it I have no one to blame but myself

use the crane short cut it works

my stupid ass was hitting that first ramp right away jumping the fence and so it wasn't counting my lap, it took me forever to figure out

if you do it using the crane I finished in like 1:25 so it is possible,

I'm just so mad that such a simple achievement took so dam long to finish

goodluck everybody

Currently looking to boost

GH World Tour
End War
Battlefield Bad Company 1
GH Warriors of Rock
Fable 3
RB Beatles
GH Smash Hits
RB 2
B-Rad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 10:16 AM   #19
E vee dub

Send a message via AIM to E vee dub

E vee dub's Gamercard
Sweet!

I got this achievement as soon as I crossed the finish line of my last map of getting my best time under 1min 30secs.

I got the Construction Yard on my 1st attempt as well. I almost had it memorized from playing the tournaments.

Be sure you're online, and the achievement isn't too difficult. It helps to know the maps. The Lightning 150cc was helpful, too.

"POCKETBIKE RACER" 200/200G, March 2nd 2012

NORTH CAROLINA STATE UNIVERSITY
RALEIGH, N.C.
"CLASS OF 2005"
"THE WOLFPACK"

Last edited by E vee dub; 03-02-2012 at 09:17 AM.
E vee dub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 09:02 AM   #20
Restricted-Access

Darth Pinhead's Gamercard
A bunch of BS, people! I got the achievement "OFFLINE" (for that matter, I got the "Mascot Jr." achievement offline, too)! Apparently... you can get the "Multiplayer King" achievement offline, too (I wish I knew about THAT before I got it).

I've seen some pretty stupid complaints about not getting the achievement to unlock. Your "best time" is irrelevant, if your worst time is over 1:30!

You have to "
Achieve a lap time of less than 1:30 on all tracks in Time Trial" - PERIOD. You do NOT need to be connected to Xbox LIVE to get the achievement. However, you need to do it all in one sitting, as the game won't remember your "times" if you quit playing it before getting the achievement (you can quit to the main menu... just don't quit to the dashboard or shutdown your console).

If you want to (or can ONLY) play the game offline, then I suggest doing the track you are having the most trouble with first. If you decide to give-up on it after 50 (or more) tries, at least you won't have wasted time on the other tracks first.

Restricted-Access is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 11:52 AM   #21
hypemiitrudog07

hypemiitrudog07's Gamercard
Under Construction help???

It is the only course I can't quite get the time limit finished on. Any shortcuts???? (I did figure out one where I could boost jump off ramp 1, the computer thinks I landed on the second half, but they caught me cheating and it didn't count) Any tips?????
hypemiitrudog07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 03:05 PM   #22
The Pups

Send a message via AIM to The Pups

tons of puppies's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vertigod View Post
I just unlocked this achievement this morning. Here's how I did it:

- Selected Single Player> Free Play

- Level: You have to do a lap in each of the five levels.
- Event: Ultimate Time Trial
- CC: 150

I picked the Gearhead as my bike because it has good handling and top speed. I tried a bike with better top speed and acceleration, but it was harder to control on the corners.

Once you start each level, do one lap. Once you complete the lap, check out what your best time is (it will be the timer that has stopped, the other timers will keep counting). If the Best time counter is under 1:30, you've met the requirement. Now you just have to let your boost meter run out. You can either just sit and wait, or you can boost around the track until it's gone. Just don't go through any cones or you'll keep refilling the meter. Once your meter is empty, the level will end. A screen will come up showing your best time and your overall time. The overall time doesn't matter, just your best. Just keep repeating the above for each level and you will unlock the achievement.
Hope that clears it up for anyone having difficulty with this achievement. It's not worded very well in the achievement description, especially the part about letting the boost meter run out to end the level.
I can confirm that yes this does work, but you better use every single shortcut in the Under Construction level with appropriate boosting with your meter or else you won't get it. It's tough, takes a while for sure, but you'll get it eventually.

Last edited by The Pups; 05-19-2013 at 09:33 PM.
The Pups is offline   Reply With Quote