PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Windows 8 Games > Puzzle and Word > 4 Elements II: Special Edition
Subscribe    Donate

Old 10-22-2012, 03:11 AM   #1
CeeDog99

Send a message via AIM to CeeDog99 Send a message via Yahoo to CeeDog99

CeeDog99's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Can this game be played from all PC profiles?

This question goes for all Windows 8 games really. Does anyone know if Windows 8 game purchases are profile specific, like Xbox Arcade titles are tied into the gamertag that purchased them?

If I buy and install this game on my Win8 PC profile and my daughter logs into her profile, will she have full access to the game and achievements?
CeeDog99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 06:44 PM   #2
CeeDog99

CeeDog99's Gamercard

Looking at the several views either noone knows, or i missed the memo and should already know the answer so you are all ignoring me :-).

I pulled the trigger on the game purchase to check for myself ($10 is a little more than I want to spend on a game with only 200G, but my daughter enjoyed the trial). Looks like indeed Win8 apps are tied into the profile, so even though the game is installed, i'd have to buy it a second time for my daughter's profile.. no thanks. My daughter will have to just play it on my profile and get the achievements for me i guess.

This appears to apply to all Win8 apps, I had to 'reinstall' all the free Win8 games with cheevos for her that I already had on my profile, but they are obviously just being authorized and a Live Tile being added when you install, because it only takes 1 second to install.
Old 10-27-2012, 06:45 AM   #3
Shelton

Tully123's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Achievement Guide - Bronze   Road Map - Bronze   1,000 Posts   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Quote:
You can log-in and install your apps on up to 5 PCs. You can remove a registered PC from your account in Store settings.

When you install an app on a PC, that app is also available for use by all other user accounts on that PC. Not installed automatically, but you can download them from the Store for free.

(It won't actually re-download the app a second time, it'll grab the download cache and install nearly instantly)
Does this help? Try re-downloading it on her account, see whether it shows up as free.
Old 10-28-2012, 12:08 PM   #4
CeeDog99

CeeDog99's Gamercard

I believe I tried that the first time but didn't note it in my response. This does not appear to be the case. When you go to the game in the Store, you have the Try and Buy option. If you select Try, you are told that the Trial has already been installed on this computer and you cannot reinstall it. Selecting Buy, I got as far as entering account password, then being prompted to associate a credit card with my daughter's account. Decided it's not worth going further in case they charge me another $10.
Old 11-01-2012, 05:54 AM   #5
Shelton

Tully123's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Achievement Guide - Bronze   Road Map - Bronze   1,000 Posts   Submit - Bronze
Hmm, that response was from a Microsoft employee who worked on Windows 8. Perhaps he is referring to local accounts, as opposed to Live accounts? That's the only thing I think it could be. I'll contact him in the coming days and see if he has anything to say on the matter.
Old 11-01-2012, 04:36 PM   #6
CeeDog99

CeeDog99's Gamercard

I think you are correct. I believe my brother had no problem installing a purchased game on a local profile, not associated with an Xbox Live Account, he merely had to add his details during the process. My daughter's account is Xbox Live, which appears to be the problem. I will likely create a third profile, offline, for guest use, or otherwise just let her play it on my profile. I don't see myself spending too much time in the game, outside of hunting for the achievements, so I'll let her do that for me :-).
Old 02-04-2013, 09:47 AM   #7
Shelton

Tully123's Gamercard

I know this is extremely belated, but I stumbled upon this, which absolutely works.

http://winsupersite.com/windows-8/wi...tiple-accounts
Old 02-04-2013, 02:58 PM   #8
CeeDog99

CeeDog99's Gamercard

Better late than never, and it works like a charm. Thanks!

I'm just kicking myself for some early purchases that have since gone down in price... this damn game went from $10, which I paid for, to $3 and now $1.49. Same thing with Reckless Racing going from $10 when I purchased to $6 currently. Wish the devs would throw us early adopters a free game :-D.