PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > RPG > Borderlands 2 > Captain Scarlett and her Pirate's Booty
Subscribe    Donate

Old 11-01-2012, 01:44 PM   #61
Milk Viper

MILK VIPER's Gamercard
The ladder never seems to be in the same place for me sad face.
Milk Viper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 02:52 PM   #62
iGoTiT4FrEe

S4W's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Milk Viper View Post
The ladder never seems to be in the same place for me sad face.
You must be doing something wrong as it will never move/break unless you fall and die. I did this for like 3 days straight in the end for around 5h's a session and it has never moved once to a different spot. Just make sure you are on the line/spot ,it is around 1/2 centimeter wide so you have some room to play.

You will know when you are on the right area because of the jumps ,they will be cutoff/stutter/hang in the air longer. I don't even look up anymore ,I have a mark I look at straight across instead of way up on the roof. The line runs right through from the top of the map to the bottom so anywhere on that line you can glitch up the ladder.

iGoTiT4FrEe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 03:34 PM   #63
Milk Viper

MILK VIPER's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by iGoTiT4FrEe View Post
You must be doing something wrong as it will never move/break unless you fall and die. I did this for like 3 days straight in the end for around 5h's a session and it has never moved once to a different spot. Just make sure you are on the line/spot ,it is around 1/2 centimeter wide so you have some room to play.

You will know when you are on the right area because of the jumps ,they will be cutoff/stutter/hang in the air longer. I don't even look up anymore ,I have a mark I look at straight across instead of way up on the roof. The line runs right through from the top of the map to the bottom so anywhere on that line you can glitch up the ladder.

This, when the jumps stutter and I hang ten. It feels like I have it then, sadly it goes back to normal.
Old 11-01-2012, 03:45 PM   #64
iGoTiT4FrEe

S4W's Gamercard
Quote:
This, when the jumps stutter and I hang ten. It feels like I have it then, sadly it goes back to normal.
You are slightly off to one side if that is what happens. Move the cross air ever so slightly to either the left or right side until you get it in the right spot. You can tell which way to go as you will just jump normal if you went the wrong way/too far,try the opposite side, in my case it always seems to be slightly to the left.

You can also just stop jumping ,walk back a little and forward into the wall/corner again making sure to mash the A button pushing forward on the left stick and it should start to stutter again but as I said you are just ever so slightly off the mark to one side. Also remember once you start to go up (when you are on the ladder) stop pushing forward as you will most likely fall off breaking the wall/ladder.

Last edited by iGoTiT4FrEe; 11-01-2012 at 03:55 PM.
Old 11-01-2012, 04:33 PM   #65
Milk Viper

MILK VIPER's Gamercard
Much appreciated on your continuing aid to help with this glitch. I will try again after work, again thank you.
Old 11-01-2012, 05:28 PM   #66
pH0u57

pH0u57's Gamercard
Did they patch the glitch?

At the point where you are supposed to go into the "corner" and start jumping, I now fall down when going to the left. It worked fine yesterday..

Did some sidequests, came back, now I always fall down.
Old 11-01-2012, 05:40 PM   #67
iGoTiT4FrEe

S4W's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by pH0u57 View Post
Did they patch the glitch?

At the point where you are supposed to go into the "corner" and start jumping, I now fall down when going to the left. It worked fine yesterday..

Did some sidequests, came back, now I always fall down.
Did you happen to fall/die? ,that is the only time the wall/ladder breaks from what I've seen. At any rate you can reload your game to bring the wall/ladder back.

EDIT: I'm half way up the ladder as we type so def not patched "yet".
EDIT2: When I got there this is what awaited me:
EDIT3: Tonights run:

Spoiler! (click here to reveal)

Last edited by iGoTiT4FrEe; 11-01-2012 at 08:58 PM.
Old 11-01-2012, 06:15 PM   #68
JuSt BLaZe

BLAZE VII's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Diamond   5,000 Posts   Over Achiever - Gold   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Quote:
Spoiler! (click here to reveal)
Holy pandoracorn, definitely will add this to our Hall of Fame!
Old 11-01-2012, 06:22 PM   #69
iGoTiT4FrEe

S4W's Gamercard
Man I've gotten so much it isn't funny. Just got an SMG (edited in my post above). I have filled my 3 characters up almost with all oranges ,crazy man

As for the shield ,it is pretty shit because of how slow it makes you move and how much health it reduces ,never was a fan of the turtle shields. You should also check out the other post with spoilers BlaZe ,got a few legendaries etc..

Last edited by iGoTiT4FrEe; 11-01-2012 at 06:26 PM.
Old 11-02-2012, 01:44 AM   #70
Jet1337

Jet1337's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JuSt BLaZe View Post
Holy pandoracorn, definitely will add this to our Hall of Fame!
I have a better Slagga.
Old 11-02-2012, 04:35 AM   #71
Milk Viper

MILK VIPER's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jet1337 View Post
I have a better Slagga.
Good for you.
Old 11-02-2012, 07:18 AM   #72
iGoTiT4FrEe

S4W's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jet1337 View Post
I have a better Slagga.
BlaZe wasnt talking about the slagga ,when he posted that above it was for the shield.

Old 11-02-2012, 11:54 AM   #73
JuSt BLaZe

BLAZE VII's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Diamond   5,000 Posts   Over Achiever - Gold   Donator - Level 1
Quote:
Good for you.

Quote:
BlaZe wasnt talking about the slagga ,when he posted that above it was for the shield.
He's right!
Old 11-03-2012, 01:51 AM   #74
TehGoomba

collateral cat's Gamercard
Reminds me of General Knoxx
TehGoomba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 11:24 AM   #75
JuSt BLaZe

BLAZE VII's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by TehGoomba View Post
Exactly, except all the game-corrupting stuff.
Old 11-03-2012, 03:37 PM   #76
MCutshaw

MCutshaw0723's Gamercard
Wow....I wish I had the time and patience to figure out things like this. Wonder how long it took the person who found it to figure it out.
MCutshaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 11:13 PM   #77
ICT Venom

ict venom's Gamercard
I did this 3 times last night and picked up 2 oranges; The Bee and a slag Invader.
ICT Venom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 12:34 AM   #78
Zukin-Man

Iron Chef Howie's Gamercard
I still can't find that "ladder" consistently. I've been able to stumble onto it a couple times, but can't pinpoint an actual location for it. Even tried following that "line" in the screenshot iGoTiT4FrEe provided, but nothing.

I've had a couple times where I'd jump, catch onto some kind of hill, and be able to ascend if I mash the A button repeatedly while holding forward. Problem is, if I go too high while holding forward, I eventually find the top and jump my way right off the invisible platforms and to my death, and if I stop holding forward, I slide all the way back down.

The one time I did manage to get it on PT 2.5 though, I got a Skullmasher. Was excited about it at first, but then I noticed there was a -50% Weapon Damage attribute tacked onto it.
Zukin-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 06:41 PM   #79
Roomba Goomba

Roomba Goomba's Gamercard
If they patched this in the future, couldn't you just clear the system cache, play offline and still be able to do this glitch?
Old 11-13-2012, 11:42 AM   #80
JuSt BLaZe

BLAZE VII's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roomba Goomba View Post
If they patched this in the future, couldn't you just clear the system cache, play offline and still be able to do this glitch?
Nope that is not working since you need the latest update to play the DLC. I tried that (clearing system cache) and when I started it up only the main game was playable!
Old 11-13-2012, 12:51 PM   #81
Roomba Goomba

Quote:
Nope that is not working since you need the latest update to play the DLC. I tried that (clearing system cache) and when I started it up only the main game was playable!
Are you sure you need the absolute latest update? What if the next patch came out today, and I just chose to play offline and not accept it. I technically still have the second-latest update and can currently play the DLC with it... think that would work?

I guess I could just stop being a slackass and get a second character to 50 ASAP.
Old 11-13-2012, 03:32 PM   #82
JuSt BLaZe

BLAZE VII's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roomba Goomba View Post
Are you sure you need the absolute latest update? What if the next patch came out today, and I just chose to play offline and not accept it. I technically still have the second-latest update and can currently play the DLC with it... think that would work?
No I'm not... and you've answered your own question. Wait till the next DLC has been released and do as you wish then you will see if it works.

Any speculation before that is just crap...
Old 11-13-2012, 03:42 PM   #83
Roomba Goomba

Quote:
Any speculation before that is just crap...
Good point. Thanks for all the info in this post... very helpful!
Old 11-14-2012, 12:25 AM   #84
Nevander

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze   Referrals - Bronze   Road Map - Silver   Achievement Guide - Silver   5,000 Posts
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
Better keep farming this before they patch it too.
Old 11-15-2012, 10:40 AM   #85
incinerator950
Banned User

incinerator950's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by TehGoomba View Post
Quote:
Exactly, except not being able to find anything of value.
Fixed for posterity.
incinerator950 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 11:03 AM   #86
JuSt BLaZe

BLAZE VII's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by incinerator950 View Post
Fixed for posterity.
Also true!
Old 11-18-2012, 08:12 PM   #87
Cohort Brian

Cohort Brian's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zukin-Man View Post
I still can't find that "ladder" consistently. I've been able to stumble onto it a couple times, but can't pinpoint an actual location for it. Even tried following that "line" in the screenshot iGoTiT4FrEe provided, but nothing.

I've had a couple times where I'd jump, catch onto some kind of hill, and be able to ascend if I mash the A button repeatedly while holding forward. Problem is, if I go too high while holding forward, I eventually find the top and jump my way right off the invisible platforms and to my death, and if I stop holding forward, I slide all the way back down.

The one time I did manage to get it on PT 2.5 though, I got a Skullmasher. Was excited about it at first, but then I noticed there was a -50% Weapon Damage attribute tacked onto it.
When you find that spot you are CLOSE to where it is. When you are jumping like that, don't force it or you WILL fall through eventually. If you push through that wall then it seems like you can't do the trick without reloading the map. Stop for a second, let yourself slide down the invisible hill, then move your cursor left or right the teeniest tiniest bit at a time until you find the right spot. If you start doing full jumps (and full falls), then move your crosshair back in the direction you went from. When iGoTiT4FrEe mentioned this earlier on this page it's like a lightbulb went off on how to do it and it became way easy.

This tip is what made me able to do it consistently after only a 30 seconds or less of trying. It's hard to see on the video where exactly the player is pointing their crosshair because it all looks like the same purple rock. If you look at the platform where you fought the leviathan, there is a stone pillar at the north end. Visually follow that up and it will look like it is supporting the left side of a huge rock. Along the top edge of that rock there is a little "peak" on the right side. Your crosshair should be somewhere around that peak. I usually find it when it is sitting just below it. Hit the jump button 4 or 5 times and if you don't start moving upwards then adjust your crosshair and repeat. You WILL find it, it just takes finding it a couple of times to know what you are looking for.

Last edited by Cohort Brian; 11-18-2012 at 08:14 PM.
Cohort Brian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 08:24 AM   #88
ajennice

ajennice00's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
as of today, it still works. Not patched yet. I did this to get the all required amount of pirate chests in one sitting. It's easy but if you get too cocky, you'll try for about 2-4 minutes before finding the "ladder" again.
BTW.. I ddin't get shit out of all those boxes...LOL - some legends but nothing better than what I had.
ajennice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 02:21 AM   #89
St4rf0x3r

St4rf0x3r's Gamercard
General loot question, but I've been split screening this method hoping it increases my chances for Legendaries appearing in the chests. Does having more players in the lobby increase my chances for this particular area of the game?
St4rf0x3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 06:21 AM   #90
DemonRaider1138

DemonRaider1138's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by St4rf0x3r View Post
General loot question, but I've been split screening this method hoping it increases my chances for Legendaries appearing in the chests. Does having more players in the lobby increase my chances for this particular area of the game?
IMHO, NO!!! The only thing having more players definitely does is to increase the loot stats (sometimes). I have done a SP game, 2 player Co-op game, & a 4 player co op game. I honestly have seen more legendaries on my SP game than both the other 2 combined. On rare occasions the SP game spawned higher damage weapons from quests but that is maybe 1 or 2 out of the whole game.

I would actually say due to the rarity of legendaries and their high stats that having more players actually reduces the chances of finding them but if you do the odds are they will be much better than what you would find solo.
DemonRaider1138 is offline   Reply With Quote