Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Racing > Forza Horizon
Subscribe    Donate

Old 10-23-2012, 07:20 AM   #1
NeedToAchieve

Send a message via Skype™ to NeedToAchieve

SSCP's Gamercard
Forza Horizon - Discount Signs / Barn Locations

Welcome everyone - I have made a couple of videos showing the locations of the signs in case you miss any - Hopefully you may find this useful - Each sign gives you a 1% discount on upgrades - So when you have all 100 - FREE UPGRADES!

EDIT : I have re made the video without the Horizon Outposts on there - And hopefully the image sizes will now be doubled too - If you liked the previous video please like this one also!

What I suggest is to save my maps to your pc, and then open them up in paint or another graphics program. Then you can compare against your own map and cross them off in paint

If you could take a minute to watch the video and like it, maybe even subscribe to support us in our quest to help the xbox community as best we can - Thank you and i hope you find these useful

NOTE:
For those that didn't watch the video - When you take part in a race if its a new road you unlock / discover that road - But as signs do not appear in races you will not have the marker for any sign location you drove by

I am adding images here too for those for don't like videos - I would love it though if you could support us all the same

I would like to thank THE DON JOSE for the next image - And also thank gw2 for having the idea and putting the first image together but it turned out a little blurry. So this is the Map image as one

IGN HAVE MADE AN INTERACTIVE MAP - I HATE THEM AS I CANT MAKE THOSE SORT OF GUIDES LINK HERE

Barn Location Video

They seems to be some confusion...

NOTE :

The BARNS are the small icons on the map in the video - They look like small barns - When i say that a white circle will appear on the map - I DO NOT MEAN MY MAP CURSOR

When the rumor plays over the radio and large white/grey solid circle will appear in the area the barn is located.

YOU WILL NOT GET ANYTHING FROM THE BARN UNLESS THE RUMOR IS ANNOUNCED! And as previously stated a large white / grey solid shaded circle appears on the map

Find that area in the video to pinpoint the EXACT location of the barn

Here are the Barn Location images...

Top Left

Top Right

Bottom

100's of other guides on the Youtube Channel HERE

Last edited by NeedToAchieve; 10-30-2012 at 02:18 AM.
NeedToAchieve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 08:30 AM   #2
DjBatfink

dj batfink's Gamercard
Nice video and map's...
I didn't even no there were collectables.....cool...
Just liked it on You Tube....
DjBatfink is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 12:16 PM   #3
LeMansFahrer

LeMansFahrer's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Gold
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Very Good Work and thank you. Saves all of us 400 MS Points. GOOD WORK
LeMansFahrer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 03:39 PM   #4
NeedToAchieve

SSCP's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeMansFahrer View Post
Very Good Work and thank you. Saves all of us 400 MS Points. GOOD WORK
You are more than welcome - Hopefully everyone will find it helpful - Some were a pain to find! Its a shame the treasure map could not be bought with in game credits

Old 10-23-2012, 04:41 PM   #5
rapture23

MusicIsRapture's Gamercard
Good work. It's good that you weren't lazy so other people could be. I have to say though that this really isn't needed. Kind of a waste of time. Why would anyone pay 400MSP for a treasure map anyway? There is an achievement for driving on every road in the game. So you will easily get all of the discount signs while going for the road trip achievement and once you drive past a sign and haven't picked it up it shows the pink dot on your map. As for the barns? Is it really that hard to spot a big red barn in the middle of the desert? No it isn't.

Endorphin Rush
Opium Dreams and Sweet Denial
It makes me sick when scumbags cheat/boost/hack/mod or use pirated games to get trophies.
It's unfair to those of us that don't steal from developers and don't have to cheat/pirate to get our trophies.
If you have to use a method other then the originally intended way you don't deserve to have the trophy and should be banned from this site/PSN.
Unless you're one of the scumbags you will agree.

Last edited by rapture23; 10-23-2012 at 04:52 PM.
rapture23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 05:51 PM   #6
NeedToAchieve

SSCP's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by rapture23 View Post
Good work. It's good that you weren't lazy so other people could be. I have to say though that this really isn't needed. Kind of a waste of time. Why would anyone pay 400MSP for a treasure map anyway? There is an achievement for driving on every road in the game. So you will easily get all of the discount signs while going for the road trip achievement and once you drive past a sign and haven't picked it up it shows the pink dot on your map. As for the barns? Is it really that hard to spot a big red barn in the middle of the desert? No it isn't.
Ok, Well first - I did all the roads very early on and still missed some - I had 9 left - IF you discover a road DURING a race technically you haven't drove past the sign - Even though you have discovered the road and therefore doesn't appear as a red dot. Some are well hidden so the map will help some of you - I drove every road in the game before i managed to find all of the signs - If YOU can do 15-20 races first (Only driving from point to point) then go and find every sign without using my video and map i would be very surprised

And you will be surprised with the barns. When the rumor appears you have quite a large area to search around. And if you didn't know what to look out for like me, some aren't that easy to find
I thought i was doing the community a favor with doing this.

I was going to give my copy away on UK release day - But another member on here said whats the point giving it away then. I think they wanted me to give them the copy early - Not happening. So now i am keeping it...

To be honest i didn't think it was pointless trying to help the community

I don't understand this community, i really don't - Comments like yours make me wonder why i post guides to x360a

Also being that all i have left is a couple of MP achievements left you would think i would have an idea what i am talking about?

Old 10-23-2012, 06:14 PM   #7
rapture23

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeedToAchieve View Post
Ok, Well first - I did all the roads very early on and still missed some - I had 9 left - IF you discover a road DURING a race technically you haven't drove past the sign - Even though you have discovered the road and therefore doesn't appear as a red dot. Some are well hidden so the map will help some of you - I drove every road in the game before i managed to find all of the signs - If YOU can do 15-20 races first (Only driving from point to point) then go and find every sign without using my video and map i would be very surprised

And you will be surprised with the barns. When the rumor appears you have quite a large area to search around. And if you didn't know what to look out for like me, some aren't that easy to find

I was going to give my copy away on UK release day - But another member on here said whats the point giving it away then. I think they wanted me to give them the copy early - Not happening. So now i am keeping it...

I don't understand this community, i really don't - Comments like yours make me wonder why i post guides to x360a

Also being that all i have left is a couple of MP achievements left you would think i would have an idea what i am talking about?
It is good work. That was the first thing I said and I meant it. It took hard work and dedication to make this guide. I really didn't mean to offend. It's nothing against you. You have clearly put in the hard work that it takes to find all of the discount signs. My problem is with all of the people that are going to use this. Certain things really need a guide and this doesn't. I have 11 discounts left and haven't used a guide and I've put the time in to actually find them myself and now there is something like this and it just cheapens the experience for me. This isn't some insurmountable task. It can be done if people take the time to do so. The guide is helping people to be lazy.

Now that you've made it though it won't take anyone else any hard work to earn this achievement. I just underestimate the laziness of my fellow (supposedly) man. People are WAY too lazy already. Video games are already an extremely lazy hobby and people want to be even more lazy playing them!? Without this map what is the worst thing that can happen? People have to move their thumbs a little more? Not to mention that with this guide a lot of people can cheat and will get free upgrades the easy way and take their fully upgraded cars (that they didn't earn) online. I would like to enjoy the online experience for more then a day before all of the cheaters with fully upgraded cars get online and ruin it because they got the discount signs the easy way. If people just use this it's not an "achievement" anymore. Why even go for the achievement if your just going to cheat? I think that if you are going to get an achievement you should earn it and achieve something. Using a map to find all of the discounts isn't really an achievement. People don't "need" this they "want" it to make the game easier. People want the achievements but they don't want to put the time in. That's all I meant with my comment. That's why I said that it isn't needed.

The barns aren't that hard to find. The game gives you a circle to search in and all you have to do is find a big red barn in that circle. I just think that things like this make people lazy and it takes away from the people that actually find these things on their own. It doesn't make you feel like your achievement it less meaningful knowing that people are just going to use your maps without even finding them on their own?

Endorphin Rush
It makes me sick when scumbags cheat/boost/hack/mod or use pirated games to get trophies.
It's unfair to those of us that don't steal from developers and don't have to cheat/pirate to get our trophies.
If you have to use a method other then the originally intended way you don't deserve to have the trophy and should be banned from this site/PSN.

Last edited by rapture23; 10-23-2012 at 06:50 PM.
Old 10-23-2012, 06:16 PM   #8
DjBatfink

dj batfink's Gamercard
Quote:

I for one am glad you took the time to put up a video explaining and maps with location's.
I can understand how you can miss stuff when doing a race.
I will if needed use your maps as a guide if i find i need too....
That's what the site's all about, helping each other with achievements and stuff after all....
DjBatfink is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 06:38 PM   #9
NeedToAchieve

SSCP's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by rapture23 View Post
It is good work. That was the first thing I said and I meant it. It took hard work and dedication to make this guide. I really didn't mean to offend. Now that you've made it though it won't take anyone else any hard work to earn this achievement. I have 11 discounts left and haven't used a guide and I've put the time in to actually find them myself and now there is something like this and it just cheapens the experience for me. This isn't some surmountable task. It can be done if you take the time to do so. Not to mention that with this guide a lot of people with get free upgrades the easy way and take their fully upgraded cars that they didn't earn online. If people just use this it's not an "achievement" anymore. You are helping people to be lazy. This is something everyone can do if they just put the work in. Why even go for the achievement if your just going to cheat? I think that if you are going to get an achievement you should earn it and achieve something. Using a map to find all of the discounts isn't really an achievement. People don't "need" this they "want" it to make the game easier. If they tried to find them they could. People want the achievements but they don't want to put the time in. That's all I meant with my comment. That's why I said that it isn't needed. People can do this on their own if they actually try. The barns aren't that hard to find. The game gives you a circle to search in and all you have to do is find a big red barn in that circle. I just think that things like this make people lazy and it takes away from the people that actually find these things on their own. It doesn't make you feel like your achievement it less meaningful knowing that people are just going to use your maps without even finding them on their own?
I understand where you are coming from now - I haven't slept much the in the last few days - Thank you for replying to my comment - I didn't mean to take offense like i did - Its all good - I have just re made the video - Without the Horizon outposts and also double the image sizes to hpoefully make it even easier

Old 10-23-2012, 07:14 PM   #10
rapture23

Quote:
I understand where you are coming from now - I haven't slept much the in the last few days - Thank you for replying to my comment - I didn't mean to take offense like i did - Its all good - I have just re made the video - Without the Horizon outposts and also double the image sizes to hpoefully make it even easier
I have edited my second post since you've quoted it since you are interested. I will just say sorry. Thank you for the hard work that you put into doing this. I was viewing this as something of a cheat before since if someone uses this they could have free upgrades at the beginning of the game then take those cars online and have an advantage over other people that don't have their cars fully upgraded. You did good work though and you are just trying to help the community. You aren't responsible for what the community does with your guide. So thank you and good work.

Endorphin Rush
Old 10-23-2012, 07:46 PM   #11
Diamondz

king diamondz's Gamercard
Really appreciate this, sitting at 95/100 and a fully cleared map is not fun.

Just hit 100/100 thanks alot for this.

Last edited by Diamondz; 10-23-2012 at 08:10 PM.
Diamondz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 11:13 PM   #12
SuperSkyline89

SuperSkyline89's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Thanks for this, I used your videos for the gold bars and bottles in Sniper Elite V2 and they were excellent, looking forward to using these here.
I'm boycotting EA because they butchered the Need for Speed series and refused Turn 10 the Porsche license. Kinect earned the second spot on this list with an achievement in Forza 4 and exclusive features in non-Kinect-Exclusive games like Halo Anniversary.

Forza 4 Flickr Page
SuperSkyline89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 11:39 PM   #13
Barad
Nice One Bungie

Send a message via Skype™ to Barad

Barad XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase The Sports Challenge Club - Tier 1   Community Gaming - Emerald   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Bronze   Road Map - Emerald   Achievement Guide - Platinum   Donator - Level 2   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   CABS Beta Tester   XBA Representer
Total Awards: 23 (more» ...)
Well these should be fun.. thanks!
Barad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 11:41 PM   #14
IEvil IMonkey

IEvil IMonkey's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Quote:
It was me that made the comment about giving your copy away on release day

My point was that I, like everyone else, can't wait to get this on Friday and I'll be picking it up as soon as they unlock the doors @Gamestation so although a free copy would be good I wouldn't want to wait till the following week to recieve the copy you are giving away - hope you follow

At no point did I hint that I wanted you to give it away early
Old 10-24-2012, 12:53 AM   #15
NeedToAchieve

SSCP's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by IEvil IMonkey View Post
It was me that made the comment about giving your copy away on release day

My point was that I, like everyone else, can't wait to get this on Friday and I'll be picking it up as soon as they unlock the doors @Gamestation so although a free copy would be good I wouldn't want to wait till the following week to receive the copy you are giving away - hope you follow

At no point did I hint that I wanted you to give it away early
Oh i see - It would have been sent so it would have been received on UK release day - Obviously if someone from the US would have won it it would have been quicker for me to sent them the cash instead - Well that is what i was going to do

Shall we start again fresh Monkey?

Old 10-24-2012, 02:21 AM   #16
Sonic1896

sonic n7's Gamercard
Dude thanks! I'm already at 70/100

Sonic1896 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 02:44 AM   #17
tankbuster

TANK BUST3R's Gamercard
Thanks for the help.
tankbuster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 08:16 AM   #18
Lemons Optional

Smack Kitty's Gamercard
I have gotten 5 of the 9 barns and when I go to the last 4 they are locked and I can't get the cars.
Am I missing something here???
I am on the orange wristband if that means anything
Lemons Optional is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 10:14 AM   #19
fragerfox

PacFox's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemons Optional View Post
I have gotten 5 of the 9 barns and when I go to the last 4 they are locked and I can't get the cars.
Am I missing something here???
I am on the orange wristband if that means anything
You won't be able to go find them until they come up by the announcer as a new barn find.
fragerfox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 10:24 AM   #20
IEvil IMonkey

IEvil IMonkey's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Quote:
Oh i see - It would have been sent so it would have been received on UK release day - Obviously if someone from the US would have won it it would have been quicker for me to sent them the cash instead - Well that is what i was going to do

Shall we start again fresh Monkey?
Everything is cool mate don't worry

My post doesn't arrive 'till mid-day anyway so even this would be too long a wait.... I could already be 3-4hrs into the game by then. THAT'S HOW MUCH I WANT TO PLAY THIS GAME

PS If someone in the US did win the game it wouldn't matter because you have a PAL disc
Old 10-24-2012, 02:48 PM   #21
NeedToAchieve

SSCP's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by IEvil IMonkey View Post
Everything is cool mate don't worry

My post doesn't arrive 'till mid-day anyway so even this would be too long a wait.... I could already be 3-4hrs into the game by then. THAT'S HOW MUCH I WANT TO PLAY THIS GAME

PS If someone in the US did win the game it wouldn't matter because you have a PAL disc
I believe its region free, so even though it may still say PAL on it that wont matter - It will still work on any region console - I have US and JAP consoles and alot of PAL games work on them - Man, You really want this game bad!

Old 10-25-2012, 01:41 AM   #22
Icky87

Icky87's Gamercard
Hey guys I am a few signs away from 100, but am trying to get Sign #89 it is in the Gladstone area between the two areas (above) Gladstone Drive and (below) Beaumont.. There are a few other signs in the area I was able to grab but I cannot find my way to #89.. Any help would be MUCH appreciated.. Thanks.
Icky87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 03:14 AM   #23
TwistedFate

Bobo daMunkee's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icky87 View Post
Hey guys I am a few signs away from 100, but am trying to get Sign #89 it is in the Gladstone area between the two areas (above) Gladstone Drive and (below) Beaumont.. There are a few other signs in the area I was able to grab but I cannot find my way to #89.. Any help would be MUCH appreciated.. Thanks.
If you can see it on the map, can't you just set a GPS waypoint?

TwistedFate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 03:22 AM   #24
Icky87

Icky87's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by TwistedFate View Post
If you can see it on the map, can't you just set a GPS waypoint?
It was one of the signs in the middle of a field.. I got it though.. 100%
Icky87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 04:10 AM   #25
SatNiteEduardo

satniteeduardo's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
If people are in less of a rush I would suggest just finding the upgrade signs in free roam with some mates.

I did it that way and we had heaps of fun doing it.

I am not criticising the guides or anyone using them - just suggesting an alternate way.

I will even drive you around lol
SatNiteEduardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 04:20 AM   #26
Tenny80

Tenny80's Gamercard
thanks man your hard work is very much appreciated. i keep the images open on my computer and then set way points along the way to my next race to get the ones that I missed, works very well this way.
Tenny80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 05:11 AM   #27
TwistedFate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icky87 View Post
It was one of the signs in the middle of a field.. I got it though.. 100%
Good, glad you found it. I am at 100% roads with 19 of those to go. Grrrrr. No idea where they are. Going to retrace the routes of the races I was on to see if they are there. Luckily, I haven't done many races yet.

Old 10-25-2012, 03:25 PM   #28
osuzoo08

osuzoo08's Gamercard
These barns are killing me i have 6 races total left and im a 4th in popularity im starting to run out of game
osuzoo08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 03:42 PM   #29
NeedToAchieve

SSCP's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by osuzoo08 View Post
These barns are killing me i have 6 races total left and im a 4th in popularity im starting to run out of game
haha, exactly what happened to me - I spent quite a while at the end waiting for the last one to show

Old 10-25-2012, 06:34 PM   #30
TwistedFate

How close do you have to get for the discount signs to pop up on the map?

I had a couple appear in Carson a fair distance from the road, like in the middle of a park or something, but I'm 100% on roads and still missing 19 signs and there are none on my map at all, so I think they must off the roads somewhere. As good as this resource here is, it's almost impossible to see a small gray dot on a mottled map so I have no idea if I have them and just can't see them or I just haven't gotten close enough for them to get mapped. Not sure if this achievement is worth 400 MSP, but I'm coming close to that point. I'm tired of driving to likely locations only to find I already have that sign.

Edit: 17, found two. I hate to use the maps, but I'm at the end of my rope. Just need to rethink how I'm looking at them to find likely locations

Last edited by TwistedFate; 10-25-2012 at 06:47 PM.