PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > RPG > Marvel: Ultimate Alliance
Subscribe    Donate

Old 09-07-2012, 06:05 PM   #1
MistaSwagMonsta

MistaSwagMonsta's Gamercard
Am I screwed out of the Dressed For Success achievement?

So I unlocked costumes for Wolverine and Daredevil but when I go check their costumes, it still says they're locked (hell, some characters have costumes that are locked even though they're equipped!).

Does this mean I won't get the achievement? It didn't seem to apply to the DLC characters. All of Nightcrawler's costumes were still locked but I got the achievement (happened to most of my DLC characters). So does anyone know how that achievement in particular works?
MistaSwagMonsta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 04:42 AM   #2
nakeworks

nakeworks's Gamercard
Happened to me too. I had to kill more guys then it unlocked again. I'm still working on the regular characters for dress for success. supposedly this one is very glitchy. It also gave me the achievement for the DLC but then showed two were still locked even though they were wearing a locked one like yours. No clue if this will affect the whole thing
nakeworks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 03:36 PM   #3
MistaSwagMonsta

So I got Silver Surfer and got everybody's costumes but Blade, Ghost Rider, Daredevil and Black Panther got reset for some reason and replaying their sim missions won't unlock their last suits so I restarted a new game on normal mode to get them again. Also, Iron Man's last suit locked itself (even though I was wearing it) so I'm gonna have to do his mission again as well. Hopefully this works or I'm done with the game. I'm just gonna be extra cautious with my save files.
Old 09-11-2012, 04:36 PM   #4
MistaSwagMonsta

So as it turns out, replaying the sim disc missions on a new playthrough will re-unlock the sim disc costumes. I re-unlocked Blade's 2 first costumes, got his sim disc, beat it and got his final costume (saved right after) and the same goes for Iron Man. Just need Ghost Rider's last costume and I should be able to lay this game to rest once and for all.
Old 09-12-2012, 04:15 AM   #5
Darklurkr23

Darklurkr23's Gamercard
Yea I did the Doctor Strange act 2 thing, and He's all "I'll fight for you now' But I never saved it until afterwards. Now when I load up (I'm playin goffline for no more problems) he's not unlocked! I tried to replay though the doctor strange level on the mission list, but of course he's not there

I'm screwd probably too. Or you think i'll run in to him on my Hard Run?
Darklurkr23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 04:46 PM   #6
WeaponTheory

This happen to me before.
By any chance did you mess with the "My Team" feature? Because that's when it happen to me. I made my own team and a few minutes later, bam, everyone's costumes were locked...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darklurkr23 View Post
Yea I did the Doctor Strange act 2 thing, and He's all "I'll fight for you now' But I never saved it until afterwards. Now when I load up (I'm playin goffline for no more problems) he's not unlocked! I tried to replay though the doctor strange level on the mission list, but of course he's not there

What makes you think that you won't see him on a NEW playthrough?
Yes you will see him again.

Last edited by WeaponTheory; 09-12-2012 at 04:51 PM.
WeaponTheory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 04:54 PM   #7
Shinobi273
Ninja Mod MKII

Shinobi273's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - AOS Puck   Staff Club - Shinobi273   5,000 Posts   Staff - Moderator   Submit - Silver   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 6 (more» ...)
Keep a save with all your unlocks. You can re-unlock characters and costumes by loading the unlock save and then loading the current save. After loading the current save, it will have all the unlocks the unlock save and current save had. Makes the ghostrider choice meaningless, you only go till the next SHIELD point without whoever you choose. You can also start any new game with all characters/costumes unlocked.
Shinobi273 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 09:32 PM   #8
MistaSwagMonsta

Got the achievement! Ghost Rider's sim disc costume was the last one I needed and right after I beat his mission, the achievement popped but I didn't save my game because when I went to look at the costume, it was still locked...Stupid glitches...

But yeah, I'm happy I finally got the 'chievo! Now I just gotta work on those damn arcade wins and I'll have em all!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darklurkr23 View Post

When you start a new game, you get to "re-unlock" the characters. I know because Daredevil and Black Panther locked up for some reason so I got them on my second playthrough.

Last edited by Shinobi273; 09-12-2012 at 11:00 PM.
Old 09-18-2012, 12:48 AM   #9
madmankevin

madmankevin's Gamercard
Izno!

Glad you got it. For those reading this thread, I did find a way to unlock it if it glitched on you:

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/f...d.php?t=300175

Shameless bump!

Glad you got it though MistaIzno!

madmankevin is offline   Reply With Quote