PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Action > Skylanders Giants
Subscribe    Donate

Old 10-25-2012, 04:37 AM   #1
cheevo360

BurstGamer Jedi's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Just got 1000G!! You can ask me or my help for Nightmare or other tips.

Finally got 1000G just before came here.

Nightmare difficulty is pain in ass in some chapters. You can ask me question about nightmare or other tips. I will help you all. Just let me know by here or over xbox live.

Good luck to defeat final boss on Nightmare.
cheevo360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 04:41 AM   #2
EmporerDragon

EmporerDragon's Gamercard

Grrr...another one done before me...

I've just got a few chapters left on nightmare to do myself for the 1000G.

All I want to do is get is a better position on the Trueachievement leaderboards than I did on the first one.

EmporerDragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 04:46 AM   #3
cheevo360

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmporerDragon View Post
Grrr...another one done before me...

I've just got a few chapters left on nightmare to do myself for the 1000G.

All I want to do is get is a better position on the Trueachievement leaderboards than I did on the first one.
Awww man yeah, you will achieve it and good luck. But remember make sure all Skylanders is fully upgraded and between 12 to 15th level. If you have 2 to 4 slots for Luck-o-Tron for healths from killing enemies to pick-up healths that also help. Those will be help much easier on final boss battle and some chapters.

I don't really use Trueachievements. Only just sometime for guide tips from someone there.
Old 10-25-2012, 04:49 AM   #4
caruto360

Which characters did you use primarily/recommend for nightmare difficulty? I'm playing on hard my first time through so that i can get used to the higher difficulty and I'm having trouble on the final levels already.
Old 10-25-2012, 05:46 AM   #5
EmporerDragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by caruto360 View Post
Which characters did you use primarily/recommend for nightmare difficulty? I'm playing on hard my first time through so that i can get used to the higher difficulty and I'm having trouble on the final levels already.
Out of my Skylanders, I've had the best results with Stealth Elf, Cynder, and Double Trouble.

Stealth Elf is my main, and for good reason. Her Blades when upgraded, allow you to destroy everything around you, and her Stealth Decoy is great when you find yourself swarmed.

Cynder I like because her shadow ability lets you escape enemies then blast them for massive damage. Terrafin would also be good for escaping, but I never really used mine, so he's cannon fodder in my file.

Double Trouble is great because his basic attack locks onto enemies, so you can focus more on dodging than attacking.

Of course, in any case, If you've got a large collection, you can just throw meat into the grinder. So when a boss is doing a massive, hard to dodge attack, simply sacrifice a low level grunt to take the brunt rather than risk your main units. This is especially true in Nightmare where most strong enemy attacks do 250+ damage.

Old 10-25-2012, 08:06 AM   #6
caruto360

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmporerDragon View Post
Out of my Skylanders, I've had the best results with Stealth Elf, Cynder, and Double Trouble.

Stealth Elf is my main, and for good reason. Her Blades when upgraded, allow you to destroy everything around you, and her Stealth Decoy is great when you find yourself swarmed.

Cynder I like because her shadow ability lets you escape enemies then blast them for massive damage. Terrafin would also be good for escaping, but I never really used mine, so he's cannon fodder in my file.

Double Trouble is great because his basic attack locks onto enemies, so you can focus more on dodging than attacking.

Of course, in any case, If you've got a large collection, you can just throw meat into the grinder. So when a boss is doing a massive, hard to dodge attack, simply sacrifice a low level grunt to take the brunt rather than risk your main units. This is especially true in Nightmare where most strong enemy attacks do 250+ damage.
Thank you! I have Cynder and now that I'm using her more I definitely see how good she can be. Terrafin helped me beat the first game and has gotten me through 14 levels on hard so I'll definitely be sticking with him. Is Stealth Elf worth rebuying for series 2? I have her from series 1.
Old 10-25-2012, 08:48 AM   #7
EmporerDragon

No, if you already have a series 1 version, it's not worth it to get the series 2 version, unless it's a legendary version, as those have better stats.

The only differences between Series 1 and 2 are that the Series 2 figures grant heroic challenges and count for accolades in giants, and Series 2 figures can swap between skill trees without the need for a total reset.

Also, you said you have a series 1 Terrafin, so that would mean that you have the powerups that came with the adventure pack. Those powerups still work in Giants, so that can help you out in tight spots. For me, Anvil Rain and the Elixir really helped in the arena, and the time twister was a godsend for the turret section of level 10.

Old 10-25-2012, 01:41 PM   #8
Lord Dirt

Lord Dirt's Gamercard
Betweeen having 60 characters and a soon to be maxed out Gill Grunt and Swarm I think Nightmare should be rather smooth. You guys doing all the challenges to get better stats as well?
Lord Dirt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 01:55 PM   #9
cheevo360

Well to be honest with you,

Spyro series 1 - level 15 he got fantastic flame balls shoots to enemies from ranged also hold down to make one big fire ball shoot too.

Cynder - I got her series 2 and upgraded for lighting shoots. She is fantastic for some hard enemies. Also use her invisible move that allow she rush and become invisible to bring down ghosts for support to hurt enemies.

Ignitor - got him series 2 and fully upgraded include sword and mega slam. He is perfect to killing shield and laser big enemy so he will kill him in quickly because using upgraded mega slam but when fully upgraded this skylanders you will then like super mega slam that slam on ground and you see blue flame line that will let enemies come onto that and hurt or kills either. He also great help lots in final boss when boss bring lots of enemies out of his right hand.

Tree Rex - series 2 and fully upgraded, he is perfect for wipe almost all enemies quickly by just use his ground slam and keep spamming this move also using his charging attacks will help in final boss and other things in chapters.

Gill Grunt and Jet-Vac - both I didn't use them lots and they just useful if some of my lost/died skylanders. But note use Gill Grunt that help to quickly kill pod in final boss for spamming exploding from his power hose.

Crusher is good to use in close combat sometime throughout game. Using his exploding to make his rocks fall on ground and control rocks moving around and hurt enemies. His cool hammer will be kill easies.

Last edited by cheevo360; 10-25-2012 at 01:58 PM.
Old 10-25-2012, 02:00 PM   #10
Lord Dirt

Lord Dirt's Gamercard
Gill Grunt is a beast maxed out. Ran through the first game with him and he is my fall back guy if Swarm gets knocked out.
Old 10-25-2012, 02:06 PM   #11
cheevo360

Though I only got 8 skylanders and one each elements. Most of them is 12 to 15 level. Yes nightmare is very challenge if you got below 8 skylanders. I beat final boss just using 6 skylanders while other 2 I not use them in final boss.
Old 10-25-2012, 04:09 PM   #12
ElvisOfTheDead

Send a message via AIM to ElvisOfTheDead Send a message via Yahoo to ElvisOfTheDead

Elvis0fTheDead's Gamercard
I'm having an issue with the "Talker in a strange land" achievement...
I'm speaking to all the Wilikins, but it doesn't pop...am I supposed to be able to speak to the ghost in the abandoned place as well?
Old 10-25-2012, 04:42 PM   #13
Lord Dirt

Lord Dirt's Gamercard
Does it say you have been to all locations on the map? You get the first "house" on the left when you first enter the town?
Old 10-25-2012, 05:44 PM   #14
EmporerDragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElvisOfTheDead View Post
I'm having an issue with the "Talker in a strange land" achievement...
I'm speaking to all the Wilikins, but it doesn't pop...am I supposed to be able to speak to the ghost in the abandoned place as well?
Are you getting the two in the caves as well?

There are 1-3 in each house, 1 in each cave, one person in each town square, and Seraphina. The achievement will pop when you talk with Seraphina in the pre-boss cutscene.

Old 10-26-2012, 02:30 AM   #15
cheevo360

To be safty to get Talker in a strange land achievement. You better not skips every talks with those people. My achievement didn't unlock when I skips then restart chapter and re-do without skip talks by Y button to get achievement before boss. Maybe one or more people is glitch for counts to me. I not sure but restart chapter is fixed anyway.

Edit: I just want head up about this part. I don't think many others might have this problems like me. This is only glitch to me in that game. I still not sure if glitched or not but I think it is in my game for it.

Last edited by cheevo360; 10-26-2012 at 02:38 AM.
Old 10-28-2012, 12:35 PM   #16
kinjoking

kinjothetaken's Gamercard
i just completed level 16 on nightmare with just my terrafin series 1! piece of cake, just upgrade until he has his underground fin attack and mini sharks. this will take out all enemies in the level if used properly and you take your time.
*Spoiler below*
then during the final boss fight, i used tree rex to laser the fist and moving crystal. tree rex can actually dodge the red orbs. when arkus spawns enemies, pause the game and switch to terrafin and repeat underground attack process and mini shark attacks. he will dodge all the enemy lasers and arkus lasers. using terrafin just gives you a lot more thinking time and allows you to remain cool cz u know he cant get hit when underground. then when all enemies are gone, pause and switch back to tree rex to repeat laser attack and orb dodge process. simples!

50,000GS - Sniper Elite V2
1st to Leaderboard R.A.W (200G)
60,000GS - RE6
70,000GS - Crysis
80,000GS - Dark
90,000GS - Heavy Fire
kinjoking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 08:43 PM   #17
Nestor Burma

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Dirt View Post
Does it say you have been to all locations on the map? You get the first "house" on the left when you first enter the town?
yes you see a checkbox with "All Areas" appearing on the top of your screen
Nestor Burma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 05:12 AM   #18
ElvisOfTheDead

Send a message via AIM to ElvisOfTheDead Send a message via Yahoo to ElvisOfTheDead

Elvis0fTheDead's Gamercard
So, I got the talker one...but now I'm having a horrible time with the Clean Jersey one...

Any tips?
Old 10-29-2012, 03:45 PM   #19
EmporerDragon

2 biggest ones would be

Lower the difficulty

If you've got the Time Twister powerup from the Darklight Crypt adventure pack, you can use it here to make things easier.

Old 10-29-2012, 07:44 PM   #20
kinjoking

kinjothetaken's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElvisOfTheDead View Post
So, I got the talker one...but now I'm having a horrible time with the Clean Jersey one...

Any tips?
ive heard that using drobot increases his fire rate while in the cannon, but as i mentioned in a previous thread, the sequences change each time you play the minigame, if they come from the sides, you got no chance, so let yourself get hit until u fail, then retry. repeat until the rockets come constantly from the middle, then its a breeze.

50,000GS - Sniper Elite V2
1st to Leaderboard R.A.W (200G)
60,000GS - RE6
70,000GS - Crysis
80,000GS - Dark
90,000GS - Heavy Fire
kinjoking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 09:51 AM   #21
Play Up Pomp3y

Play Up Pomp3y's Gamercard
Sky stones

Having a bit of trouble getting the "all stones" achievement for chapter 4. Bought the two stones in the store, played and won three games. I have everything (3 stars) on the level, so can't find where I'd be missing a game/stone. Please help!
Play Up Pomp3y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 05:12 PM   #22
Judicar

Old Carver's Gamercard
Any tips on accumulating money for the 65,000 achievement? Levels or methods for an easier time would be cool. Also, are there any levels recommended for training up your characters so you can get decent exp? I already have the achv for getting one to 15 but I'm interested in leveling my others that I have barely used and am curious if there are any tips for easy level gain.
Judicar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 04:27 AM   #23
EmporerDragon

Play the later arena stages on easy difficulty. Lots of exp and cash.

Old 01-02-2013, 09:26 AM   #24
Chrome30

Send a message via Yahoo to Chrome30

Chrome30's Gamercard
Best tip for money is, beat the game. However, before doing so go to the second floor above Aurics shop lower right door then first door on second floor. Collect the winged sapphire. Return here after beating game and there will be about 6-8k in gems. Hard reset and Max out each character if you want. However, backup your save file because if you collect the winged sapphire it will auto save and screw you. Good luck.

I got my 1k pretty easy.

Chrome30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 08:26 PM   #25
Swifterz

Cracker Darrell's Gamercard
i thought nightmare would be a pain, but i'm using a level 11 drobot with all upgrades, and i've walked through the first 4 chapters without even taking damage or ever having to swap to a different character. i'm not worried about collecting hidden items or exploring all areas on this save file... although the luck items would help, just beating the game on nightmare difficulty.

i'm guessing it gets a lot harder..
Swifterz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 04:41 AM   #26
EmporerDragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swifterz View Post

i'm guessing it gets a lot harder..
It does, but the main reason is the sheer amount of damage the enemies do. Most skylanders can't take more than 2-3 hits on Nightmare before dying.

Old 01-23-2013, 05:39 AM   #27
Vwerdiir

RampidMeerkat's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Achievement Guide - Bronze   Road Map - Bronze
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Wondering if the levels of my skylanders continue onto nightmare mode in a new save.
I'm assuming it does, but I thought I'd ask, to save myself disappointment.

x360a Guides:
Vwerdiir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 02:09 PM   #28
DoctorPolski

DoctorPolski's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vwerdiir View Post
Wondering if the levels of my skylanders continue onto nightmare mode in a new save.
I'm assuming it does, but I thought I'd ask, to save myself disappointment.
Yes they do. All that info is stored on the Skylander of course and you will find yourself needing it at times.

I'm currently trying to max out nightmare mode as this is the only way to get the 'All Hats' accolade since the Knight Helm is only available after completing Nightmare Mode. Some of the arena challenges are pleasantly challenging when solo, in fact I find some are only doable with a certain few Skylanders.

DoctorPolski is offline   Reply With Quote