PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > RPG > Borderlands 2 > Captain Scarlett and her Pirate's Booty
Subscribe    Donate

Old 10-25-2012, 05:08 AM   #1
Disco Ball

Send a message via ICQ to Disco Ball Send a message via AIM to Disco Ball Send a message via MSN to Disco Ball Send a message via Yahoo to Disco Ball

Disco Ball's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Silver
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Thumbs up MASTER GEE rock method freezing FIX!!!

Hey guys, I think I finally figured out how to get Master Gee NOT to freeze with the Rock Glitch. He Froze for me EVERY TIME (10+) and I now can do it without it freezing (only tested 2X). Please try this method if it is freezing in your game and post back if it works for you(or doesn't work).

So I thought what causes a PC game to freeze usually... graphics, so lets try turning them down on the 360, set it to 480p and boom working!

So here are the steps, if you do not know how to lower your resolution.

1.) Xbox Dashboard
2.) Settings
3.) System
4.) Console Settings
5.) Display
6.) HDTV Settings
7.) 480p
8.) Select
9.) Back to Dashboard, load game, and kill Master Gee with the rock hiding method, and no freezing, you can even go get his crappy loot!

I believe this should work for everyone, so please give it a shot, and post back with results!

FYI: I was facing the back right corner of the gate the whole time, not sure if this matters, but wanted to add it in here.

Also I have a 360S 250GB with the game installed to the HDD, and I was using a wired controller.

UPDATE: Confirmed working 50/50 on older gen Xbox's.

Happy Gee Hunting!

Last edited by Disco Ball; 10-26-2012 at 11:50 PM.
Disco Ball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 05:18 AM   #2
littlejay

Fuzzmeister J's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Road Map - Bronze   Micro Guide - Bronze   2,500 Posts   Submit - Silver   Achievement Guide - Bronze
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
THAT'S CRAZY!

It just might work...

bed time though. will try tomorrow
Old 10-25-2012, 06:30 AM   #3
Dog Face

In Marshall's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Silver   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Will try later and post results.
Old 10-25-2012, 06:35 AM   #4
iGoTiT4FrEe

S4W's Gamercard
For me is it just very random when it freezes, one thing I did notice is that when ever it does NOT freeze ,the door NEVER opens so I can get back out....Wondering if it is freezing when it tries to open the door to let you back outside.

iGoTiT4FrEe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 07:58 AM   #5
PsYKLoNiK

I've only had one go so far, but it did freeze. Definitely going to try this out when I get home, will post results when it happens.

Quote:
For me is it just very random when it freezes, one thing I did notice is that when ever it does NOT freeze ,the door NEVER opens so I can get back out....Wondering if it is freezing when it tries to open the door to let you back outside.
From what I've read about people saying the xbox can't handle the amount of worms and whatnot, I thought it sounded more like maybe its actually a problem with the xbox not being able to handle the loot drop when he dies. If theres a bug/issue with the actual loot drop it could explain why it happens right when he dies as well as why his loot is apparently garbage.

EDIT: I meant if there's a glitch with the actual loot drop maybe he's not actually dropping a lot of the good loot he's meant too. I notice when I kill Terra it seems like a bunch of white/cash fall first, then a big explosion of rarer items afterwards.

Last edited by PsYKLoNiK; 10-25-2012 at 10:30 AM.
PsYKLoNiK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 10:25 AM   #6
JuSt BLaZe

BLAZE VII's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Diamond   5,000 Posts   Over Achiever - Gold   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Huh the simplest shit ever and makes actually sense, thanks a bunch.
Old 10-25-2012, 01:48 PM   #7
PsYKLoNiK

Just took him out no problem in ten minutes or so, no freezing. Didn't use the OP's suggestion though, as Zer0 I lured Master Gee right next to the wall by the rock, he was just around the corner but far enough where I couldn't actually see him so he never tried to attack me. Sat there behind the rock and killed any worm whose head came up between the rock and the ceiling, must have had him absorb 15+ acid piles before he put up his purple barrier.

After he put up the barrier I switched to a high capacity shield (~73k) and just sat behind the rock, not crouched, so that worms would spawn and spit at me. They'd get one or two hits in every once in a while, when my shield went below 30k I'd crouch until it hit 50k and then stand up again so the worms would start spitting at me.

It didn't freeze, framerate didn't even appear to drop. He dropped some decent loot sort of:

4 purples, 5 blues, a bunch of greens and whites, some 90k in cash (I think, not 100% sure how much I had going into the fight), and 27 Eridium. No Seraph crystals, oddly enough.
Old 10-25-2012, 03:30 PM   #8
iGoTiT4FrEe

S4W's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by PsYKLoNiK View Post
4 purples, 5 blues, a bunch of greens and whites, some 90k in cash (I think, not 100% sure how much I had going into the fight), and 27 Eridium. No Seraph crystals, oddly enough.
I get around the same from him when it doesn't freeze and yeah ,no crystals in solo. I've only ever seen him drop crystals was pre-patch in co-op ,solo he just doesn't drop crystals (for me anyway).

iGoTiT4FrEe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 03:47 PM   #9
NetroDude

NetroDude's Gamercard
I am going to try this when I get home from work, will let you know how I get on.
NetroDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 04:39 PM   #10
PsYKLoNiK

Quote:
Originally Posted by iGoTiT4FrEe View Post
I get around the same from him when it doesn't freeze and yeah ,no crystals in solo. I've only ever seen him drop crystals was pre-patch in co-op ,solo he just doesn't drop crystals (for me anyway).
I wonder if maybe he has a junk loot table for being defeated solo since he was designed as a raid boss? I'll try again tomorrow split screen and see if I get anything decent.
Old 10-25-2012, 05:21 PM   #11
rollerjay

Original Clone's Gamercard
Just tried it now and it didnt freeze, although I dont have the quest active as I had already completed it using the pause as soon as the turn in message pops up method.

However when he died his body was left floating in midair in the middle of falling backwards and the gate never opened but i was able to collect the 'loot' and save and quit.

When i reloaded the the game I went back to the arena and was able to fight him again though

Edit: just beat him again and this time it froze

Last edited by rollerjay; 10-25-2012 at 05:41 PM.
rollerjay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 06:17 PM   #12
Bahroo3

Bahroo3's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by PsYKLoNiK View Post
I wonder if maybe he has a junk loot table for being defeated solo since he was designed as a raid boss? I'll try again tomorrow split screen and see if I get anything decent.
Loot table does not change based on how players there are in the game.
Bahroo3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 11:51 PM   #13
Drias

Shadey X360A's Gamercard
question: Didnt they say, more people = better loot? So, shouldnt the loot table be altered so that the harder the enemy is to kill, the better the loot Chance?
Old 10-26-2012, 01:59 AM   #14
Jet1337

Jet1337's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
This reminds me of a bug in that shitty game called phantasy star universe. If you played in HD and got to a certain boss, it would freeze. I'll test this out later.
Old 10-26-2012, 02:35 AM   #15
Milk Viper

MILK VIPER's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drias View Post
question: Didnt they say, more people = better loot? So, shouldnt the loot table be altered so that the harder the enemy is to kill, the better the loot Chance?
Yeah, it says that in the loading screen. I have seen no difference though.
Milk Viper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 02:46 AM   #16
Yannie Boy

Yannie Boy's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Community Gaming - Bronze   1,000 Posts   XBA Promoter   Submit - Platinum   Over Achiever - Bronze
Total Awards: 6 (more» ...)
Le sigh....still froze on me.

Yannie Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 03:14 AM   #17
Disco Ball

Send a message via ICQ to Disco Ball Send a message via AIM to Disco Ball Send a message via MSN to Disco Ball Send a message via Yahoo to Disco Ball

Disco Ball's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yannie Boy View Post
Le sigh....still froze on me.
Yannie,

you turned the resolution down to 480p, then killed one worm, ran to rock and faced the gate, and didn't move? I have now done it 3 times this way, and it never froze, where it would freeze every time before I turned the resolution down. The only other thing I can think of that could be different, is I use a wired controller for this, so my Xbox doesn't pause itself when the wireless turns off.
Old 10-26-2012, 03:16 AM   #18
Yannie Boy

Yannie Boy's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Community Gaming - Bronze   1,000 Posts   XBA Promoter   Submit - Platinum   Over Achiever - Bronze
Quote:
Originally Posted by Disco Ball View Post
Yannie,

you turned the resolution down to 480p, then killed one worm, ran to rock and faced the gate, and didn't move? I have now done it 3 times this way, and it never froze, where it would freeze every time before I turned the resolution down. The only other thing I can think of that could be different, is I use a wired controller for this, so my Xbox doesn't pause itself when the wireless turns off.
Only difference is that I'm using a wireless with a charge and play kit.

Old 10-26-2012, 03:30 AM   #19
Disco Ball

Disco Ball's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yannie Boy View Post
Only difference is that I'm using a wireless with a charge and play kit.
bummer, it is helping me 100%, I was hoping it worked for everyone. Looks like it worked for one other person, and didn't work for you. didn't hear back from anyone else yet. Was really hoping this was the answer for everyone

If it matters I have a 360S with the game installed on the 250 GB HDD. Just trying to see if you have any other differences.
Old 10-26-2012, 03:32 AM   #20
Yannie Boy

Yannie Boy's Gamercard

RE5 Elite here with game installed.

Old 10-26-2012, 03:41 AM   #21
Disco Ball

Disco Ball's Gamercard

Hmm well maybe its a double issue. Too much going on is causing the 360 to overheat. Turning the graphics down, causes less heat, and since the 360S is better cooled, due to the huge vent on-top of the GPU, it doesn't cause it to overheat. Where as the older models cannot push the heat away fast enough? Just an idea, though the only way to test it is if someone had an old and new model. I do, but I lent my 360 Pro to a friend who lives far away!
Old 10-26-2012, 10:34 AM   #22
Yannie Boy

Yannie Boy's Gamercard

I don't know if this is an issue due to heat. Something has to be has to wrong code wise this is the first time that this system has froze like this. It never has froze other then anything that has been already reported as buggy games. Dead Island comes to mind with the loading/corrupt save, but that was a code issue and not console specific.

Old 10-26-2012, 02:27 PM   #23
littlejay

Awards Showcase Road Map - Bronze   Micro Guide - Bronze   2,500 Posts   Submit - Silver   Achievement Guide - Bronze
last night was the first time after 6 runs it didn't freeze, and it froze for like 3 seconds at the end but recovered. and crappy loot of course. I just kill him so people can complete the quest. no point in farming him for anything.
Old 10-26-2012, 05:43 PM   #24
Disco Ball

Disco Ball's Gamercard

Did you turn it to 480? Also do you have an original 360 or the S model?

Thanks for the feedback!
Old 10-26-2012, 08:42 PM   #25
Gyzmo

Gyz da Wiz's Gamercard
Quote:
Hey guys, I think I finally figured out how to get Master Gee NOT to freeze with the Rock Glitch. He Froze for me EVERY TIME (10+) and I now can do it without it freezing (only tested 2X). Please try this method if it is freezing in your game and post back if it works for you(or doesn't work).

So I thought what causes a PC game to freeze usually... graphics, so lets try turning them down on the 360, set it to 480p and boom working!

So here are the steps, if you do not know how to lower your resolution.

1.) Xbox Dashboard
2.) Settings
3.) System
4.) Console Settings
5.) Display
6.) HDTV Settings
7.) 480p
8.) Select
9.) Back to Dashboard, load game, and kill Master Gee with the rock hiding method, and no freezing, you can even go get his crappy loot!

I believe this should work for everyone, so please give it a shot, and post back with results!

FYI: I was facing the back right corner of the gate the whole time, not sure if this matters, but wanted to add it in here.

Also I have a 360S 250GB with the game installed to the HDD, and I was using a wired controller. Seems like the older consoles are still freezing with this method. Need more reports back to try and pinpoint.

Happy Gee Hunting!
i can confirm it works on older xbox. I have the game installed on my HDD (120 gb one buyed separately if it can matter). my xbox is 5 years old. After turning the resolution to 480p gee did not freeze. tested 3x
Gyzmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 08:58 PM   #26
Boiled Frogs

BoiIed Frogs's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Great idea, and so logical!

Boiled Frogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 09:21 PM   #27
littlejay

Quote:
Did you turn it to 480? Also do you have an original 360 or the S model?

Thanks for the feedback!
I changed no settings, I have the s model xbox, and it's not installed on my hard drive
Old 10-27-2012, 10:28 AM   #28
NetroDude

NetroDude's Gamercard
Thank you so much to OP, tried this guy 11 times before and it had froze every single time, read about this, tried it and it worked first time. Thanks again.
NetroDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 05:15 PM   #29
Disco Ball

Disco Ball's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by NetroDude View Post
Thank you so much to OP, tried this guy 11 times before and it had froze every single time, read about this, tried it and it worked first time. Thanks again.
NP, Glad it is working for almost everyone! Stupid fight, only worth it for the achievement.
Old 10-28-2012, 03:45 AM   #30
Hades no1Minion

Hades no1Minion's Gamercard
Awh for the love of......it didn't work for me!
Hades no1Minion is offline   Reply With Quote