Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > RPG > Dragon's Dogma
Subscribe    Donate

Old 10-26-2012, 08:42 AM   #1
Floydian x Slip

Floydian x Slip's Gamercard
WTF @ Difficulty

Ok, is it just me, or is it ridiculously fucking hard to start a new character? This is my first time playing, and at level 8 I am getting curb stomped by anything that isn't a rodent. Am I doing something wrong? I consider myself to be pretty good at these games, but this is just insanity.
Floydian x Slip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 04:11 PM   #2
Zacry072

Zacry072's Gamercard
I remember doing fine until the first time I came across Saurians, who promptly beat my ass. Once you get the capability of using pawns other than your main pawn the game lessens up slightly, but expect many long, drawn-out battles with some of the bigger nasties out there unless you have some friends with some really beefed up pawns. I'm using a friend's level 60-something Warrior and another friend's level 150-something Sorceror and things can still get hairy at times, but for the most part I've done alright.
Zacry072 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 03:23 AM   #3
Floydian x Slip

Floydian x Slip's Gamercard
Thankfully, someone on my friends list has a 60 Fighter and another has a 20 Strider, so coupled with me as an Assassin and my pawn as a Mage, it got a lot easier. Granted, a couple times I have been jumped by a Chimera and a Dragon... don't need to talk about how that went... but at least I can actually play the game now.

This game is horribly flawed when it comes to difficulty. Needing to recruit pawns five times your level just to survive is ridiculous.
Floydian x Slip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 02:34 AM   #4
BloodGodAlucard

BloodGodAlucard's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Floydian x Slip View Post
Thankfully, someone on my friends list has a 60 Fighter and another has a 20 Strider, so coupled with me as an Assassin and my pawn as a Mage, it got a lot easier. Granted, a couple times I have been jumped by a Chimera and a Dragon... don't need to talk about how that went... but at least I can actually play the game now.

This game is horribly flawed when it comes to difficulty. Needing to recruit pawns five times your level just to survive is ridiculous.
You don't have to do that at all to succeed in this game. It's really not that hard. You just have to have a good build and use strategy. Also don't go to areas that are too high level for you early on. People that rush in RPGs are going to have problems. You're meant to take your time to level up and do side quests. Explore all the areas to find new enemies and figure out what you can and can't handle yet. Never venture out at night until you're more experienced with the game since that's when all the most powerful enemies spawn. That was my helpful advice post. Now for what I really think with a little trolling thrown in since I never do this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Floydian x Slip View Post
Agreed. Only playing it to get some Gs while I wait for ACIII. Was disappointed for sure, and should have heeded the professional reviews.
And after reading your other post it seems clear that you only play games for achievements. So this genre isn't really for you. Might I suggest Avatar the Last Airbender: The Burning Earth? You'll get a 1000 gamerscore in about 20 minutes of hitting one button. You might like that better. Btw your comment about listening to "professional" reviews is ironic since they almost unanimously praised the game when it came out. It got great reviews. Like I said before, it really just sounds like RPGs aren't for you.

Completed: 74 Retail Games and 7 Arcade Games

Proudest Completion to Date: Dark Souls 1000/1000 on Xbox 360 and 1000/1000 on PC
BloodGodAlucard is offline   Reply With Quote