PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Action > Skylanders Giants
Subscribe    Donate

Old 10-26-2012, 06:32 PM   #1
SolidSnarf86

Skylanders Giants Complete Figure Info List (U.S. Only - Updates Frequently)

You may have noticed this list says "U.S. Only" up at the top, that is because the exclusives/variants on this list pertains to the U.S. release only. I will update it as Waves are announced. Pictures will update frequently, but will only be of the newest wave, to aide in finding and purchasing the figures as they are released of the characters and box art.

Pictures credit:
Amazon.com, ToysRUs.com, Activision, Various Fan Sites

WAVE 1
Launched:
SKYLANDERS: BATTLEGROUNDS - October 14, 2012 (All stores)
SKYLANDERS: GIANTS - October 21, 2012 (All Stores)

Starter Packs:
XBOX 360
(Tree Rex, Jet-Vac, Series 2 Cynder)

PS3

WII

3DS
(Tree Rex, Punch Pop Fizz, Series 2 Cynder)

Portal Owner Packs:
PS3, 360, WII, 3DS
(Tree Rex)

Variants:
Golden Flameslinger (Amazon.com Exclusive)
Legendary Bouncer (Toys R Us Exclusive)
Legendary Jet-Vac (Part of Legendary 3-Pack, TRU Exclusive)
Legendary Slam Bam (Part of Legendary 3-Pack, TRU Exclusive)
Legendary Ignitor (Part of Legendary 3-Pack, TRU Exclusive)

Granite Crusher (Target Exclusive)
Glow-in-the-Dark Cynder (Wal-Mart Starter Pack Exclusive, ALL SYSTEMS, Wii Shown)
Glow-in-the-Dark Portal of Power (Wal-Mart Starter Pack Exclusive, ALL SYSTEMS, Wii Shown)

Punch Pop Fizz (3DS Starter Pack Exclusive, All Stores)
Royal Double Trouble (Skylanders: Battlegrounds iOS Starter Pack Exclusive)
Gold Dragonfire Cannon (Gamestop Dragonfire Canon 3-Pack Exclusive)

Glow-in-the-Dark Fright Rider (UK Exclusive with Purchase of Starter Pack)

Giants:
Tree Rex (Starter/Portal Owner Pack Exclusive, All Stores)
Bouncer
Swarm
Crusher

Lightcore Skylanders:
Prism Break
Eruptor
Drobot

New Skylanders:
Fright Rider
Pop Fizz
Chill

Series 2:
Terrafin
Slam Bam
Whirlwind
Ignitor
Zook
Trigger Happy

Three Packs:
Dragonfire Cannon 3-Pack
(Series 2 Chop Chop, Shroomboom, Dragonfire Cannon)

Skylanders Giants 3-Pack A
(Chill, Series 2 Zook, Series 2, Ignitor)

Skylanders Giants 3-Pack B
(Pop Fizz, Series 2 Whirlwind, Series 2 Trigger Happy)

Items:
Platinum Treasure Chest (SKYLANDERS: BATTLEGROUNDS iOS Starter Pack Exclusive)

WAVE 2

Launched:
October 22, 2012 (TRU/Gamestop/Wal-Mart)
November 16, 2012 (All Stores)

Starter Packs:
WII U

Variants:
Gnarly Tree Rex
(Blue Nintendo Wii Bundle Exclusive Figure -=U.S Only=-)

(12GB "Super Slim" PS3 Bundle Exclusive Figure -=UK Only=-)
Legendary Stealth Elf (Toys-R-Us Exclusive)
Glow-in-the-Dark Sonic Boom (Wal-Mart Black Friday Exclusive)
Sparkle Hot Head

Sparkle Sprocket

Giants:

Hot Head

Lightcore Skylanders:
Jet-Vac

New Skylanders:
Sprocket
Flashwing

Series 2 Skylanders:
Gill Grunt
Bash
Double Trouble
Flameslinger
Hex
Stump Smash
Sonic Boom

Drill Sergeant

Three Packs:
Skylanders Giants 3-Pack C
(Flashwing, Series 2 Gill Grunt, Series 2 Double Trouble)
Skylanders Giants 3-Pack D
(Sprocket, Series 2 Sonic Boom, Series 2, Stump Smash)

WAVE 3
Launched:
December 23, 2012 (Toys R Us / Wal-Mart)
January 1, 2013 (All Stores)

Variants:
Stone Whirlwind
Sparkle Sonicboom
Stone Zook
Gold Prism Break (2012 Activision Employee Christmas Gift)

Lightcore Skylander:
Shroomboom

Series 2:
Lightning Rod
Stealth Elf
Eruptor
Prism Break
Cynder

WAVE 4
Launched:
January 9, 2013 (Gamestop)
February 9, 2013 (All Stores)

Variants:
White Flocked Stump Smash

Golden Scorpion Stalker Battle Pack (Gamestop Exclusive Battle 3-Pack)

Giants:
Eye Brawl

Thumpback

Lightcore Skylanders:
TO BE ANNOUNCED

Series 2 Skylanders:
TO BE ANNOUNCED

WAVE 5
Launched:
TBA

Giant:
Ninjini

UNRELEASED SKYLANDERS GIANTS FIGURES

Giants:
Ninjini

Lightcore:
Chill
Pop-Fizz
Hex

New Skylanders:
Shroomboom (Single Pack)
Jet-Vac (Single Pack)
Hot Dog (Single Pack)

Series 2 Skylanders:
Chop-Chop (Single Pack)
Zap (Single Pack)
Drobot
Spyro
Wrecking Ball

Variants:
Jade Flashwing
Scarlet Ninjini
Molten Hot Dog

Last edited by SolidSnarf86; 02-08-2013 at 12:54 PM.
SolidSnarf86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 07:42 PM   #2
Lord Dirt

Lord Dirt's Gamercard
Can you really count Hothead as being released as it seems like they just gave every TRU two and that is it.
Lord Dirt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 07:55 PM   #3
SolidSnarf86

Hot Head is listed under WAVE 2 since he's officially a part of WAVE 2. I wouldn't count two-per-store as an official release, but since he will be available everywhere on November 16th, he's WAVE 2.

Also, since TOYS R US did get him, that technically makes him a "released figure". Which is dumb, but that's the facts of it. Gamestop also got a few of them in their Thursday shipment this week.

EDIT:
I should note I didn't note the mistake "Chill" lip variant up above because it only seems to effect launch wave Chill figures, so that was almost impossible to get a picture of. The variant is simple:
Launch-Day Chill has RED LIPSTICK
In-Game/Promotional/Regular Figure Chill has BLUE LIPSTICK

If you have the mistake ones, congrats, Activision caught it before the second order was shipped out.

Last edited by SolidSnarf86; 10-26-2012 at 08:24 PM.
Old 10-26-2012, 08:16 PM   #4
Lord Dirt

Lord Dirt's Gamercard
Hmmm, my Gamestops didnt get any. Where did you get the release date in Nov. from?
Old 10-26-2012, 08:30 PM   #5
SolidSnarf86

I used to work at TOYS R US and know they have a delay manifest for shipments. While I was there two days ago, I asked about several figures I knew for a fact were released in WAVE 2, when the department supervisor looked up the manifest it had manifest info on the shipments and the boxes were labeled as SHIPMENT DATE: NOVEMBER 16, 2012/SHELF DATE: NOVEMBER 18, 2012 for all WAVE 2 figures.

This is also in line with the Wii U version launching on November 18, 2012. So WAVE 2 figures will officially arrive in stores on November 16th just in time for the Wii U release weekend. It also implies that Activision made the decision to allow Toys R Us Wave 2 shipments early, pretty close to the last minute.
Old 10-26-2012, 08:35 PM   #6
Lord Dirt

Lord Dirt's Gamercard
You mean Wave 3, right?
Old 10-26-2012, 09:02 PM   #7
SolidSnarf86

If we're talking about how I got the shipment date for Wave 2 as November 16, 2012, why would I mean Wave 3?
Old 10-26-2012, 09:14 PM   #8
Lord Dirt

Lord Dirt's Gamercard
I have all of Wave 2 already but Hothead. Why would TRU say release Wave 2 on the 16th when they have already released them? Wal-Mart has also released Wave 2 so your info is a little off.
Old 10-26-2012, 09:23 PM   #9
SolidSnarf86

TOYS R US shipping system allows them to pull up info on shipments and UPC numbers, it also displays information about known shipment dates, as well as street dates for items.

The reason for the later shipment date, was because TOYS R US still has the original launch info, and it was likely not changed before Activision made the decision to ship them WAVE 2 earlier than other stores... Which was probably made quite late in the shipment cycle. Gamestop and Wal-Mart received shipments of the figures because they are also considered partners of the Skylanders release.

Any company that made a commitment to Activision to fully support Skylanders Giants for a given amount of time was automatically shipped allocations of WAVE 2. This is the same reason TOYS R US got exclusive legendary figures in the original shipment, more stores agreed to set times this time around as well, which is why Target got an exclusive Crusher, etc.

But most likely only stores who agreed to prominently display Skylanders Giants for a year or longer got the WAVE 2 shipment early as a bonus. This decision was likely made just before release, which is why the release manifests still say November 16th. I will change the early release to reflect Wal-Mart however.

But just because three stores got them, doesn't mean the Wave is officially released, Best Buy, Target, K-Mart, etc. still don't have WAVE 2. So its official release is November 16th for all stores.

Last edited by SolidSnarf86; 10-26-2012 at 09:27 PM.
Old 10-26-2012, 09:38 PM   #10
EmporerDragon

EmporerDragon's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Small suggestion: If you're going to be using pics heavily, you might want to edit them to a more reasonable size, because as they are, a large chunk of the pictures are bigger than most people's monitor resolutions.
Old 10-26-2012, 09:41 PM   #11
SolidSnarf86

The forum is showing them to me as auto-resized to a correct frame. But later on I'll go through and make a photobucket to fix the issue.

EDIT:
Updated with info on how to get Royal Double Trouble, Platinum Treasure Chest, and Glow-in-the-Dark Fright Rider. I've also apparently reached my max word limit for the OP so I may need to claim my second post for future Variant announcements.

Last edited by SolidSnarf86; 10-26-2012 at 10:45 PM.
Old 10-27-2012, 02:23 AM   #12
Lord Dirt

Lord Dirt's Gamercard
Just found Hothead at Gamestop!
Old 11-03-2012, 08:33 AM   #13
gdmann

Geno's Gamercard
Looking for last 4

I see WAVE 3/4 is still TBA, but does anyone know when the last 4 are going to be released (Hot Dog, Ninjini, Thumpback, & Eye-Brawl). B 4 Christmas?
gdmann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 04:03 PM   #14
SolidSnarf86

There's a rumor going around that Wave 3 will be available in time for early December. Apparently some online sites have Thumpback, Ninjini, Eye-Brawl, and Hot Dog for pre-order, and people are selling these figures on E-Bay listing them as "pre-order".

Unfortunately, Activision hasn't announced Wave 3 release dates, or which figures will be included but three things to note:

1) Wave 3 will likely consist of ONE giant.

2) Wave 2's official shipment month was November. Stores like Target and Best Buy JUST started receiving Wave 2 shipments within the past week.

3) For the original Skylander's game, Activision released all the waves within a month of each other. So it's a good bet we'll be seeing Wave 3 in late-November, early-December.

In other news, Legendary Stealth Elf has begun showing up on E-Bay for sale with pictures of it in it's box. I am not aware if TOYS R US put these out early, or what is going on. Legendary Stealth Elf was rumored to be a Wave 3 release variant.

Either way, go out and check your local Toys R Us if you'd like to try and find it.
Old 11-09-2012, 10:23 PM   #15
Lord Dirt

Lord Dirt's Gamercard
"3) For the original Skylander's game, Activision released all the waves within a month of each other"

they dragged out releases for the original for over half a year
Old 11-10-2012, 05:49 AM   #16
EmporerDragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Dirt View Post
"3) For the original Skylander's game, Activision released all the waves within a month of each other"

they dragged out releases for the original for over half a year
And they never released them in sensible quantities. Even now, guys like wham-shell are still a pain to get.

Also, they had a nasty habit of releasing figures in low quantities in single packs, then several weeks later, release them in mass quantities in 3 packs.
Old 11-12-2012, 01:53 AM   #17
Lord Dirt

Lord Dirt's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by EmporerDragon View Post
And they never released them in sensible quantities. Even now, guys like wham-shell are still a pain to get.

Also, they had a nasty habit of releasing figures in low quantities in single packs, then several weeks later, release them in mass quantities in 3 packs.
You can get Wham Shell in the $30 carry case at Toys R Us. They have plenty.
Old 11-12-2012, 04:19 AM   #18
EmporerDragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Dirt View Post
You can get Wham Shell in the $30 carry case at Toys R Us. They have plenty.
That still results in me paying $30 for a Wham Shell. More if I factor in that the nearest Toys-R-Us is 100 miles away.

I just want a Wham Shell at a decent price, but I don't want to pay a scalper's ransom or be forced into buying a glorified trapper keeper.
Old 11-13-2012, 12:19 AM   #19
SHM2424

Legendary Stealth elf was released November 2nd at Toys R Us.
SHM2424 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 04:25 AM   #20
caseysrodeo13

both of my gamestops got six each of the hot heads.....my local toys r us got six also....
caseysrodeo13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 04:43 AM   #21
caseysrodeo13

havent seen the legendary stealth elf at toys r us yet. It will probably be released on the 16th of november....its part of wave 2 just as hot dog, thumpback, nin jini. Alot of the toys r us released their wave 2 earlier than what they were suppose to. I work for toys r us and we have alot of boxes of skylanders, now some of those are series 1. Some of the stores not just toys r us are releasing the second part of wave 2 on the 16th of november as well as towards the end of the month wave 3....Manifests tell you almost everything.......I'll be there bright and early to get the rest of what Im looking for..........Ive got everything thats out so far so good luck to everyone and happy holidays.....

Last edited by caseysrodeo13; 11-14-2012 at 04:46 AM.
Old 11-14-2012, 04:53 AM   #22
caseysrodeo13

with all of the new series 2 coming out if you spend 100 dollars at toyr r us you get the skylanders giants castle with wham shell for free......good luck.....toys ro us has lots in stock.....
Old 11-14-2012, 05:00 AM   #23
caseysrodeo13

eye brawl maybe a xmas giant release....remember to everyone that there are variants of hot dog {molten hot dog}, ninjini {scarlett ninjini}, whirlwind {polar whirlwind}....I here that chill has differnet color lipstick but Ive only seen the blue.....I'll keep searching.......
Old 11-14-2012, 06:06 PM   #24
caseysrodeo13

Update on series 2 new character "chill variants"......the day after the launch I picked up the triple pack that had "chill" with the blue lips, there were also singles "chill" with blue lips. I didnt even pay attention to the variants until I read on line there was a difference. Today at my local gamestop I picked up "chill" with the red lips so there you go everyone. There is a variant........!

I cant believe I found one. I checked on ebay and found several where people were gouging the price way up....some as high as 500 dollars. I dont think the character is really worth that much. I did see a very few reasonably priced with free shipping....

any way thought I would share, happy Skylanders Giants hunting this weekend.....
Old 11-16-2012, 02:34 AM   #25
oshkoshtony

raholland79's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by caseysrodeo13 View Post
havent seen the legendary stealth elf at toys r us yet. It will probably be released on the 16th of november....its part of wave 2 just as hot dog, thumpback, nin jini. Alot of the toys r us released their wave 2 earlier than what they were suppose to. I work for toys r us and we have alot of boxes of skylanders, now some of those are series 1. Some of the stores not just toys r us are releasing the second part of wave 2 on the 16th of november as well as towards the end of the month wave 3....Manifests tell you almost everything.......I'll be there bright and early to get the rest of what Im looking for..........Ive got everything thats out so far so good luck to everyone and happy holidays.....
I just called my local TRU store and they were kind of cryptic as to what was really being released tomm. 11/16. When I asked about wave 3 I did not get a no or we have no information and they went on to say that it is one of two possibilities:

1. They are releasing wave 3 either tomm. on 11/16 to coincide with the Wii U launch.

or

2. That the wave 3 figures will be released on or around 11/30 because Activision is not that dumb to release anything on Black Friday and cause a mass panic and problems.

When I asked how the salesperson said they had this information they real quietly said shipping manifests and then hung up. It is like they were not supposed to say anything or something. All I know is that TRU has an exclusive contract with Activision that they get all the new wave characters before any other store gets them. That has proved true in my area as TRU has received all characters at least 1-2 weeks before any other stores. So there is a tid bit of info. Also if you look at the skylanders club house you can find out all of the wave 3 characters.

They are:
Giant Eye Brawl
Giant Scarlet Ninjini
Giant Ninjini
Royal Double Trouble
Legendary Chill (TRU)
Legendary Stealth Elf (TRU)
Hot Dog
Molten Hot Dog
Polar Whirlwind
Jade Flashwing

Speculations:
Spyro
Wrecking Ball
Lightning Rod
oshkoshtony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 02:29 PM   #26
Lord Dirt

Lord Dirt's Gamercard
Didnt think wave 3 was supposed to hit until Dec.

EDIT: went to TRU and no new Skylanders, if they do have a new shipment it might come out on the 18th when the WiiU comes out as they might help promote it

Last edited by Lord Dirt; 11-16-2012 at 06:54 PM.
Old 11-16-2012, 09:33 PM   #27
caseysrodeo13

Well the new wii came out around the first week of November,.... I went TRU this morning and there were no new skylanders on the racks.....I work there and we got a new shipment in this past tuesday? go figure......anyway I spoke with one of our managers and apparently TRU isnt going to release any new skylanders at my store until Thanksgiving day at 8pm......makes no sense and I work there,.....oh I work there but Im treated no differently on purchases so I have to wait like everyone else...totally blows....
Old 11-17-2012, 03:09 AM   #28
Lord Dirt

Lord Dirt's Gamercard
New WiiU comes out this Sunday the 18th
Old 11-17-2012, 06:45 AM   #29
caseysrodeo13

True it does, I was thinking of the gnarly tree rex with the baby blue wii console.....sorry about that. Im still hoping that at least my store will release earlier than turkey day.....We have new skylanders they just wont release them. I'll be there bright and early sunday just to make sure. Im unloading trucks tonite {saturday} so I'll be checking all the boxes as they some off the truck or trucks....alot of the stuff coming off the trucks are meant for blk friday so we will see. I'll keep everyone as up to date as possible.....

Just to share gamestop is doing a exclusive on buy two skylander giant characters and get the third for free......of course you have to have a power rewards membership with the code. It ends november the 20th.....

Once again good skylander hunting this weekend!
Old 11-17-2012, 02:05 PM   #30
caseysrodeo13

Hit TRU this morning...nothing new out accept collector cards....The cards are pretty cool, my daughter will love them....I'll attempt to keep everyone posted.

Just a reminder walmart likes to release things right after midnite.....so maybe someone will get lucky and buy a wiiu skylanders giants starter pack and be able to pick up either the rest of wave 2 or the beginning of wave 3 characters....who knows right? LOL...