PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Action > Skylanders Giants
Subscribe    Donate

Old 12-08-2012, 05:43 AM   #61
Lord Dirt

Lord Dirt's Gamercard
Once again I belive new ones are coming Jan 1st

Last edited by Lord Dirt; 12-08-2012 at 05:46 AM.
Lord Dirt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 11:56 AM   #62
lonewolf0913

lonewolf0913's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
I purchased Glow in the Dark Sonic Boom
in game it appears the same as regular Sonic Boom
but it does show as "Special Sonic Boom" and counts as an additional Skylander figure

lonewolf0913 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 03:22 AM   #63
oshkoshtony

raholland79's Gamercard
Cool Alternate Characters

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonewolf0913 View Post
I purchased Glow in the Dark Sonic Boom
in game it appears the same as regular Sonic Boom
but it does show as "Special Sonic Boom" and counts as an additional Skylander figure
That is great to hear. I have yet to play SG as I am kind of waiting for a copy of my scratched disc of the first game to come from Activision so that I can complete that completely. Once that happens all the waves of SG should be out and I should have my collection complete with all the special characters and different ones from both the first game and this one. Looking forward to Jade Flashwing, Molten Hot Dog, & Scarlet Ninji.

For an update if you go and search Walmart.com for these exact words "series 2 cynder" you will find out that there is a pre-order and the release date is slated as 12/31/12. This could just be a place holder date like Gamestop did or it could be that the series 3 are possibly going to be released a weekend after Christmas and not the 23rd like I have seen on Darkspyro.net. Although who knows Activision loves to throw the rumors out there. (Example: Wave 3 will be released early December.....LOL that was a joke) So we will all wait patiently (lol) and see what happens. Great to hear the special figures are showing up as a changed name and not like in the first game.Activision......
oshkoshtony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 04:33 PM   #64
aztex11

you guys may want to check out the website:

http://www.toywiz.com/skylanders.html

the prices are high so I won't buy from them. but they do have a good catalog of all the available characters on the market, including pictures of the super rare limited ones. if you check out the lightcore section for Giants, they list pre order ship dates for February. which suggests some of the wave 3 is likely going to be released in January.

some of the rarer series 1 characters were part of the nuremburg 2012 toy fair. the 2013 fair starts in january so don't be surprise to see more "limited" editions hit the market in the next month or so
aztex11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 04:55 PM   #65
Lord Dirt

Lord Dirt's Gamercard
I dont even know why I post in here as no one listens.
Old 12-14-2012, 06:03 AM   #66
caseysrodeo13

Why do u post then? if no one is listening or reading your post then why do u post?.

Everyone here is trying to pass info and help the other person.......negativity wont get anyone anywhere.....

Any way in adding at TRU we have yet to receive anything new for wave 3. Still checking boxes and trying to get info from our distribution center. Im sure their just waiting to unload a 100 boxes plus to promote wave 3.......it will probably be the week before xmas. Our store will be open 24 hours a day Dec. 21st thru Dec. 24th,......so I'll have to pay even closer attention to what comes off the truck{s}.......

Everyone have a great and safe xmas holiday,.....and good luck on Skylanders Giants hunting......!

Last edited by caseysrodeo13; 12-14-2012 at 08:04 AM.
caseysrodeo13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 01:58 PM   #67
Lord Dirt

Lord Dirt's Gamercard
I have been posting release dates and yet everyone is asking when stuff will be released. Doesn't make sense!
Old 12-15-2012, 01:01 PM   #68
caseysrodeo13

Well store manager has made it official,....wave 3 will be released on the 23rd of December. We should start receiving our shipments sometime in between now and the 21st,......our Skylanders Giants come in thru fed-x on new waves only.....Usually they come in on our trucks we receive at nite,.....so Im totally stoked and cant wait......

We have received alot of wave 1 and wave 2 on the trucks, but this time their shipping them thru fed-x......so I'll definitely be there bright and early of the 23rd. As a reminder TRU will be open the 21st thru the 24th, 24 hours a day to help those in need of last minute shopping......

I'll continue to keep everyone posted, if I get any pics I'll definitely attach them here.....happy hunting!
Old 12-15-2012, 04:20 PM   #69
oshkoshtony

raholland79's Gamercard
12/23 @ Midnight??

Quote:
Originally Posted by caseysrodeo13 View Post
Well store manager has made it official,....wave 3 will be released on the 23rd of December. We should start receiving our shipments sometime in between now and the 21st,......our Skylanders Giants come in thru fed-x on new waves only.....Usually they come in on our trucks we receive at nite,.....so Im totally stoked and cant wait......

We have received alot of wave 1 and wave 2 on the trucks, but this time their shipping them thru fed-x......so I'll definitely be there bright and early of the 23rd. As a reminder TRU will be open the 21st thru the 24th, 24 hours a day to help those in need of last minute shopping......

I'll continue to keep everyone posted, if I get any pics I'll definitely attach them here.....happy hunting!
Casey just wondering but are they going to be available at midnight on the 23rd or is there going to be a special time that they release them out on the 23rd?
oshkoshtony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 06:56 PM   #70
Shery1975

I just went to my local TRU (Silverdale, Wa) and I was able to get Lightning Rod, Prism Break (not light core) and Stealth Elf (not legendary), all series 2. I also could order light core shroom boom at TRU online.

Last edited by Shery1975; 12-15-2012 at 06:57 PM. Reason: Forgot something
Shery1975 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 02:03 PM   #71
caseysrodeo13

As far as I know they will b ready sometime on the 23rd.....Im on the nite crew so Im hoping I'll b there to put them out. Im thinking that TRU will b running an ad in their weekly ad to let everyone know.....so if I can get a hold of one before the public does I'll let everyone on here know asap......
Old 12-16-2012, 02:06 PM   #72
caseysrodeo13

sounds like they released those characters before they were suppose....there goes TRU releasing early again!....lol.....
Old 12-17-2012, 12:07 AM   #73
Shery1975

Ya lol, I just got Eruptor (not lightcore) as well...go figure lol
Shery1975 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 01:48 PM   #74
Lord Dirt

Lord Dirt's Gamercard
TRU here said wave 3 will be released Sun the 23rd at 6 AM as well.
Old 12-17-2012, 08:02 PM   #75
SolidSnarf86

So, here we go, as you all know there have been a bunch of WAVE 3 rumors and news, such as Toys R Us early releasing WAVE 3 on December 23rd. Now I have tons of news to share.

WAVE 3
Release Date:
December 23rd (TRU, Wal-Mart)
January 1st (Everywhere)

GIANT:
Thumpback

LIGHTCORE:
Shroomboom

NEW SKYLANDERS:
Hot Dog - Part of the Scorpion Striker Pack

SERIES 2:
Zap (Series 2) - Part of the Scorpion Striker Pack
Cynder (Series 2)
Eruptor (Series 2)
Lightning Rod (Series 2)
Prism Break (Series 2)
Stealth Elf (Series 2)
Drobot (Series 2)
Stealth Elf (Series 2)

First, pictures of the WAVE 3 figures in their boxes save for two:

The other two are Thumpback and S2 Drobot, so be on the look out for both of them in turn.

Second off, you can pre-order Lightcore Shroomboom from TRU.COM right now a this link, estimated ship date will be December 22nd: http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=16403256&sku=14309973

Last edited by SolidSnarf86; 12-17-2012 at 08:08 PM.
SolidSnarf86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 08:34 PM   #76
artican1972

artican1972's Gamercard
just got Lightcore Shroomboom and Lightcore Jet-Vac
artican1972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 02:20 AM   #77
Lord Dirt

Lord Dirt's Gamercard
Just got an email from TRU saying that tomorrow they open at 6:00 AM and will be selling Wave 3.
Old 12-21-2012, 04:17 AM   #78
artican1972

artican1972's Gamercard
yep got mine also yea buddy
artican1972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 07:26 AM   #79
caseysrodeo13

Hey everyone! TRU in my area will b releasing wave 3 at 6am this morning....I'll b there....lol...
Old 12-21-2012, 07:29 AM   #80
DOOKH8R

DOOKH8R's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Over Achiever - Bronze   Staff Club - Minty   2,500 Posts   Donator - Level 4   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 6 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by caseysrodeo13 View Post
Hey everyone! TRU in my area will b releasing wave 3 at 6am this morning....I'll b there....lol...
Is Eyebrawl part of that?
Old 12-21-2012, 11:44 AM   #81
lonewolf0913

lonewolf0913's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
The figures that TRU had today at 6:00
Prism Break
Eruptor
Lightning Rod
Stealth Elf
Cynder
Lightcore Shroomboom

They did not have any new Giants

Last edited by lonewolf0913; 12-21-2012 at 12:25 PM. Reason: additional character not included in original post
lonewolf0913 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 01:56 PM   #82
caseysrodeo13

I went to the store I work {TRU} at this morning and they refused to release any of the characters. The employee I spoke with about it, and of course I showed her the email was extremely rude about it. She said the box says not until 12-23-12,...Ive never seen such rudeness. I explained politley that I had received an email and I was just communicating that with her,....she said "I dont know why u keep repeating urself, Im not gunna release any until the 23rd. So in turn I politely quit my job {it was seasonal any way}, and went to another location and picked up...prism break, stealth elf, eruptor, and lightning rod. There was a lady there that picked up the only two shroom boom lite cores putout for this morning. One of the employees said they will b holding the rest until sunday morning. Thats okay I'll just go to walmart saturday nite around 11:30 and wait for them to put out the ones I need. It just kind of pisses me off that people have to be rude and just b polite. I know the hours r long the xmas season can b pain staking for the grinches of xmas but man life is too short to b mean, rude, and just plain hateful....

I'll keep everyone updated, and see whats happening in our world of Skylanders!

Happy Hunting!.....Casey
Old 12-21-2012, 02:02 PM   #83
Lord Dirt

Lord Dirt's Gamercard
Well TRU would not break street date so we called the corporate offices. They said they have been slammed with calls and told the TRU to open the boxes. So after 30 minutes of crap they open them and no Hot Dog or Thumpback. Guess they will be released on the 1st?
Old 12-21-2012, 05:38 PM   #84
caseysrodeo13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Dirt View Post
Well TRU would not break street date so we called the corporate offices. They said they have been slammed with calls and told the TRU to open the boxes. So after 30 minutes of crap they open them and no Hot Dog or Thumpback. Guess they will be released on the 1st?
Pisses me off,...Im going to walmart saturday nite and pick up what I didnt get today. As far as Im concerned I'll never do business with TRU again....guess Im all grown up now.....lol......happy holidays everyone....

I guarantee this, walmart wont hold anything back come tomorrow nite after midnite......
Old 12-21-2012, 11:44 PM   #85
suntzu0142

suntzu0142's Gamercard
so ....

well from what i gather then from the employees although very nice but lack of any kind of knowledge said that the regular (first skylanders game characters were gonna be released on the 23rd) yeah lol

ne ways when should i go start stalking the stores does anyone know since tru and walmart are open 24-7 what would be a good time to be there ?
suntzu0142 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 02:25 AM   #86
Higginjoe

Higginjoe's Gamercard
First off, Casey, I want to apologize for your ignorant former coworker. She clearly didn't get the memo that some amount of each store's stock was supposed to be released this morning. I would have to blame the management for not keeping the E&E people informed. If anyone deserved to not work there, it was your former coworker.

On to why I'm here. Why are so many people SO SURE that just a ton of characters were supposed to be released in wave 3? Toys'R'Us was given all of 6 characters (5 S2 & Lightcore Shroomboom), and our email only actually showed 3. From all my research tonight, all other characters were just rumors and speculation (barring the apparently Gamestop timed-exclusive Scorpion pack). I just want to know if maybe there's some secret website somewhere with info nobody else has. If there's not, at least I have answers for the people who are going to complain Sunday morning, even if it won't make them happy.

Last edited by Higginjoe; 12-22-2012 at 02:57 AM.
Higginjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 04:00 AM   #87
Lord Dirt

Lord Dirt's Gamercard
There is not an offical wave 3 list people were going off of but with four waves total and the game called Skylanders Giants people were thinking they would release one of the three giants left. Very disappointed that they are waiting until wave 4 to release the last three giants. Maybe they will release a giant in limited quantities like they did with Hothead. Will have to wait until Sunday to see what TRU and Wal-Mart release again. Maybe a giant will be release the 1st with the Hotdog pack.
Old 12-22-2012, 11:28 AM   #88
caseysrodeo13

What Im understanding is thumpback is suppose to snorkle out this coming sunday..lol....Like I posted earlier, I'll b at walmart this saturday nite before midnite to prepare for picking up what I believe to have left...... for wave 3?

drobot s2 repose
shroom boom lite core
scorpion pack {I hope and pray]
thumpback

So here's to hoping I'll at least get these this saturday nite at my local walmart.....I'll keep everyone up to date........
Old 12-22-2012, 01:57 PM   #89
Higginjoe

Higginjoe's Gamercard
From my understanding, the Scorpion Striker Pack is apparently a Gamestop timed-exclusive, which they have rights to for about a month. I'm unsure when it's coming out, though. It sounded like it was in a Gamestop ad, probably for Sunday.

Speaking of Sunday ads, TRU's says people can come and see the 8 new Skylanders, which is confusing to me since we've only gotten 6. I'm hoping it's just a typo, but at the same time I'm not, since that means I'm going to have to do far too much bomb-defusing. I swear, some people take this thing WAY too seriously. I understand wanting to get a toy your kid really wants, and trying to get as many as you can find, but come on.
Higginjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 02:16 PM   #90
Lord Dirt

Lord Dirt's Gamercard
The Scorpion pack comes out the 1st at Gamestop.

Where are you getting the info on Thumpback?