PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Action > Skylanders Giants
Subscribe    Donate

Old 12-22-2012, 02:51 PM   #91
Higginjoe

Higginjoe's Gamercard
I'm also curious why Thumpback might be believed to be out tonight. Casey could just be hoping based on nothing beyond the fact that Thumpback hasn't been released so far (which I consider most likely).
Higginjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 01:29 AM   #92
suntzu0142

suntzu0142's Gamercard
guys i need your help in something that someone here prolly knows more about than me i recently found a hot head variant when i was looking for wave 3 guys at best buy

whats this guy worth ? i know some of them can go for big $ and being this is the first one ive ever seen wondering what its worth ... ?
suntzu0142 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 02:19 AM   #93
Lord Dirt

Lord Dirt's Gamercard
Wow, awesome find! He will easily sell anywhere from $100 - $150, maybe more if you are lucky!!
Lord Dirt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 02:28 AM   #94
Lord Dirt

Lord Dirt's Gamercard
Just found this on Gamstop's website. So one part of their website says Jan 1st and another says the 9th. Plus it says a month before everyone else so maybe Wave 4 comes out in February.

Last edited by Lord Dirt; 12-23-2012 at 02:30 AM.
Old 12-23-2012, 02:39 AM   #95
suntzu0142

suntzu0142's Gamercard
WOW really

after i posted i did alot of mixed value research it does appear to be one of the rarest ones according to most and i don't know how to look up what they actually sold for on evilbay but the lowest bid ive seen is about 75 bucks and amazon actually has one listed for 699.99 OMG lol

its really kewl and i couldnt help putting on the portal still in its box and all but he glows BLUE for crying out loud so sweet looking too bad ill prolly end up posting his to ebay or craigslist soon
suntzu0142 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 02:01 PM   #96
oshkoshtony

raholland79's Gamercard
TRU Skylanders Wave 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Higginjoe View Post
I'm also curious why Thumpback might be believed to be out tonight. Casey could just be hoping based on nothing beyond the fact that Thumpback hasn't been released so far (which I consider most likely).
When I went to my local TRU they totally broke street date in all matters of everything. Yes they had the few they released on Friday, but then they just started putting everything out on Sat. No stock was really saved for Sun. I was lucky enough to walk in when they were unpacking. I was able to pick up these characters:

Lightning Rod S2
Prism Break S2
Eruptor S2
Stealth Elf S2
Lightcore Shroomboom (They were sold out)
Cynder S2 (Already had because of starter pack)

Called them at midnight and about 6:30 AM on Sunday to see if they got any Giants in or what was supposed to be released. Nothing came in. Looks like Activision has failed us once again telling us that Thumpback would be out before Christmas along with Drobot S2. Not a happy person at all.

Walmart, Target, Best Buy, Kmart, GameStop, and EB Games did not even have any in my area. Only TRU had the wave 3 characters. It was also funny when the stock clerk opened the box marked wave 3 it also had Flashwing, Terrafin, and some other previously released characters. The boxes were not truely all wave 3 characters.
oshkoshtony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 02:58 PM   #97
Pawneezr

WAVE 3 Skylanders

Same thing here in Florida, Only the Toys-R-Us had the wave-3 Skylanders.

Lightning Rod S2
Prism Break S2
Eruptor S2
Stealth Elf S2
Cynder S2
ShroomBoom Lightcore (Also sold out)

Wal-Mart didn't get anything in. No one has even seen any of the new Giants. No one on eBay has them so they must of not been released yet.
Pawneezr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 04:36 PM   #98
Higginjoe

Higginjoe's Gamercard
As I understand it, only TRU and Wal-mart were releasing the new Skylanders today. TRU makes sense, since they've had strong past dealings with Skylanders, but Wal-mart makes less sense to me. Everyone else (Gamestop, Target, etc.) should be getting them Jan. 1.
Old 12-23-2012, 05:44 PM   #99
Lord Dirt

Lord Dirt's Gamercard
everything is pretty much speculation as Activision nevers gives out any info.

PS: my son was playing his Skylanders tablet game and it says Legendary Chill is coming soon, wonder what store will get her?

Last edited by Lord Dirt; 12-24-2012 at 01:27 AM.
Old 12-24-2012, 03:15 AM   #100
DOOKH8R

DOOKH8R's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Over Achiever - Bronze   Staff Club - Minty   2,500 Posts   Donator - Level 4   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 6 (more» ...)
Neither of the TRUs or the local Walmart got anything here. TRU did have the Spyro's Adventure figures BOGO free. Grabbed another Whamshell and Legendary Trigger Happy.
Old 12-24-2012, 12:07 PM   #101
caseysrodeo13

Well at least I got 5 of the 6 characters released.....just wished I could have got shroom boom, but hey....January 1st is just around the corner.

I was speculating for thumpback to come out. Ive got a 4 year old that is just dying to have it added to her collection......man I must truly still b a kid inside, lucky me I guess....it drives my wife crazy because Im just never gunna honestly grow up.

Im hoping that on January 1st they do release some giants. I just need that last three, of course this doesnt include any variants which Im looking forwards to as well.

Any way Im getting everything that comes out on the 1st at gamestop. Ive got an inside scoop with the gm of the store. He'll will give me a call when they come in and have them for me. man I love communication, u treat people respectfully they most of the time will return the favor....any way, Merry Christmas to everyone!

Last edited by caseysrodeo13; 12-26-2012 at 05:39 PM.
caseysrodeo13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 12:14 PM   #102
Higginjoe

Higginjoe's Gamercard
Whamshell has been coming in more frequently, so there's a much better chance of seeing him now than there was pre-Giants. He's 2-per-box, and if other larger TRUs are anything like mine, they probably have a ton of boxes (not to say those boxes are ones that contain Whamshell, however). He seems to only be present in maybe every few handfuls of boxes.

Edit: This is just speculation on my part, and I hate to only add to the rampant speculation that's been going around, but I think it's possible that a Giant could be released January 1st, when all the stores get stock. After all, 6 characters in a wave is honestly kind of pathetic, unless they really want to cause some kind of Skylander explosion with the final wave (which is always a possibility; it'd really drive up sales in the spring). Also, I guess we should stop saying there's only 6 characters in wave 3, since Hot Dog and Zap2 are also part of it. Because Gamestop will be adding to the number in January, maybe other stores will get a chance, too.

Last edited by Higginjoe; 12-24-2012 at 12:18 PM.
Old 12-24-2012, 03:27 PM   #103
Lord Dirt

Lord Dirt's Gamercard
I dont think Zap 2 and Hot Dog are part of Wave 3 as Gamestop says they are getting the character a month ahead of other stores. That tells me they are part of Wave 4.
Old 12-24-2012, 06:03 PM   #104
EmporerDragon

EmporerDragon's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Higginjoe View Post
Whamshell has been coming in more frequently, so there's a much better chance of seeing him now than there was pre-Giants. He's 2-per-box, and if other larger TRUs are anything like mine, they probably have a ton of boxes (not to say those boxes are ones that contain Whamshell, however). He seems to only be present in maybe every few handfuls of boxes.
I have noticed scalper prices have dropped on him (now about $20). Still, it's going to be a while 'til I get one as the last shipment of series 1 my store got was 100 figures, but only Double Trouble, Wrecking Ball, and Stealth Elf.

EmporerDragon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 01:33 AM   #105
Lord Dirt

Lord Dirt's Gamercard
Question, how do we know there are only 4 waves? Since wave 3 only had 6 characters it sure does leave a lot of characters for wave 4. As far as i can tell these are the ones left:

Ninjini
Scarlet Ninjini
Thumpback
Legendary Chill
Lightcore Chill
Zap 2
Drobot 2
Lightcore Pop Fizz
Eye-brawl
Lightcore Hex
Jade Flashwing
Polar Whirlwind
Hot Dog
Molten Hot Dog
Spyro 2
Wrecking Ball 2

Last edited by Lord Dirt; 12-25-2012 at 02:35 AM.
Old 12-25-2012, 03:58 AM   #106
Higginjoe

Higginjoe's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Dirt View Post
Question, how do we know there are only 4 waves? Since wave 3 only had 6 characters it sure does leave a lot of characters for wave 4. As far as i can tell these are the ones left:

Ninjini
Scarlet Ninjini
Thumpback
Legendary Chill
Lightcore Chill
Zap 2
Drobot 2
Lightcore Pop Fizz
Eye-brawl
Lightcore Hex
Jade Flashwing
Polar Whirlwind
Hot Dog
Molten Hot Dog
Spyro 2
Wrecking Ball 2
That's why I think there's got to be more of Wave 3 coming out, either as a Wave 3.5 or because they just didn't want TRU and Wal-mart to release everything. I suppose a Wave 5 is possible, but unlikely since 4 is just such a good number.

Can anyone fill me in on what those weird variants are, like "Jade Flashwing" and "Molten Hot Dog"? Do they appear differently in the game, or are they like Blue Bash and Red Drill Sergeant and are just differently colored figs? As for that Legendary Chill... it's strange that I'd not heard of that one until a couple days ago. I'd figured we'd (TRU minions) been informed of all the Legendary characters, since I saw graphics with L. Stealth Elf before the games launched, but I guess not.

As a side note, L. Chill might not be released as part of a wave, exactly, since L. Stealth Elf wasn't either. Then again, she was released for Black Friday, so who knows.
Old 12-25-2012, 04:33 AM   #107
EmporerDragon

The characters with adjectives in front of their names are considered separate characters in the game. They have alternate appearances in-game and have different stats (for example Dark Spyro has better attack but weaker armor compared to his regular counterpart).

They would still use the same soul gems and unlock the same heroic challenges as the regular versions though.

Old 12-25-2012, 06:42 AM   #108
caseysrodeo13

Well what ever variants or colors they come in if I like them I will own them.....to me there r several different variants I honestly just dont care about.

red drill sergeant
green bash
glow in the dark cynder
glow in the dark sonic boom
etc, etc,..

I just like all the different color combos, just me I guess. Besides some of the variants still show up in the game as the original color scheme and pretty much have the same ability.

Merry Christmas everyone! Lets celebrate the new year with some new Skylanders Giants.......
Old 12-25-2012, 07:30 AM   #109
Dorothy541

Just found Hothead at Gamestop!
Dorothy541 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 02:28 AM   #110
caseysrodeo13

Awesome Dorothy! keep hunting there's more to come......!
Old 12-27-2012, 09:55 PM   #111
Lord Dirt

Lord Dirt's Gamercard
FYI: Target has a triple light-core pack of Prism Break, Eruptor, and Drobot for $29.99.
Old 12-27-2012, 10:20 PM   #112
chasmyn

We found Hot Head at Target last night, I was shocked! I had spent the better part of the morning calling around to different sores in search of either Hot Head or Granite Crusher, for my son. Interestingly, I had called that particular Target and they said they didn't have him.

I feel like much f the time I know the stock of these stores better than the employees do. :-)
chasmyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 03:29 AM   #113
Lord Dirt

Lord Dirt's Gamercard
Where I am at Hot Head is everywhere now.
Old 12-28-2012, 04:26 AM   #114
EmporerDragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Dirt View Post
Where I am at Hot Head is everywhere now.
Yeah, a standard case of giants is now 2 Hot Heads, 2 Swarms, 1 Crusher, and 1 Bouncer.

Old 12-28-2012, 07:36 PM   #115
Xtreme987

Talking Bought 4 more giants today... (Canada)

Just a quick message to let those in Southwestern Ontario Canada that EBGames (aka Gamestop in US) @ Devonshire Mall just got a case of 4 giants. Swarm, Hot Head, Crusher & Bouncer. Good thing I asked the girl behind the counter when new ones were to be released. All they had on the rack was Swarm. Make sure you ask wherever you go to check in the back of the store for more. I got pretty lucky today.

Toysrus didn't have any left .... niether did Walmart. Now I just need to get Ninjini, Thumpback & EyeBrawl. I'll probably have to wait awhile for these though. Oh well my son will have fun with the ones I got today for now.
Xtreme987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 08:21 PM   #116
Xtreme987

Thumbs up Skylanders giant release chart

go here to see a chart which shows when each skylander is to be released or if it is already out:

http://1uponu.wordpress.com/2012/08/...release-dates/
Xtreme987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 01:47 AM   #117
Lord Dirt

Lord Dirt's Gamercard
that is a bad chart
Old 12-29-2012, 03:35 AM   #118
DOOKH8R

DOOKH8R's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Over Achiever - Bronze   Staff Club - Minty   2,500 Posts   Donator - Level 4   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 6 (more» ...)
Toys r us dot com has 4 figures from series 3 available now. Also they are all BOGO 40% off
Old 12-29-2012, 10:31 PM   #119
aniles06

angelarabella24's Gamercard
Hey New here, but I've been following this thread for new Skylander info.

Just wanted to say I was able to snag Lightning Rod at Gamestop on Thursday. I'm not sure he was supposed to be there yet, but he was! Wal-Mart didn't have anything new, and we don't have a TRU. Haven't checked Target, Kmart or Shopko yet...but Lightning Rod is the only one I absolutely had to have. I'll check the other places when more new stuff pops out. Good luck hunting, guys!

Last edited by aniles06; 12-29-2012 at 10:33 PM.
aniles06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 08:44 AM   #120
SolidSnarf86

So has everyone been finding their Skylanders Wave 3 easily? A few things obviously didn't come out and people are wondering what happened. The long story, short. Speculation and heresay from people running around reporting false things about what they'd heard.

Also with this release and the figures in it, it will bring SKYLANDERS GIANTS to a grand total of FIVE WAVES released. The list on the front page will be updated with all the info of WAVE 3 by tomorrow. WAVE 4 looks poised for February due to the dates given for the catapult pack.

EDIT:
Pictures updates on front page, WAVE 5 space added. As I'm aware the only two VARIANT pictures missing are:

Silver Hot Head
White Glitter Sprocket

If you have pictures you're willing to send, please do.

Last edited by SolidSnarf86; 12-30-2012 at 09:17 AM.
SolidSnarf86 is offline   Reply With Quote