PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Strategy > History Channel: Legends of War - Patton
Subscribe    Donate

Old 11-24-2012, 11:02 PM   #31
THE DEADLY DOG
Maximum Clubs Guide Dog

Send a message via AIM to THE DEADLY DOG Send a message via MSN to THE DEADLY DOG Send a message via Skype™ to THE DEADLY DOG

THE DEADLY DOG's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Bronze   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 2   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 1   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Achievement Guide - Gold   Road Map - Gold   Staff - Maximum Clubs Director   Micro Guide - Gold   Submit - Emerald   Subscriber - Bronze   Staff Club - * Clueless *   2,500 Posts
Total Awards: 16 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by PyschoJ2456 View Post
your best bet to find a copy is to order it online
Yup. I went through GameStop.
Old 11-25-2012, 02:25 PM   #32
Born Apophis

Born Knight 74's Gamercard
Already playing it: this game is more a tactical RPG / board style, with Upgrades, and Stats points distribuition. It is very similar to XCOM in the gameplay (I was expecting something more like R.U.S.E.).

You manage and choose the units that will be used in the missions, and control them individually, with actions and movements based on your Action Points. Your units and the enemies's ones have a cone of vision, and the basic gameplay is based on a allies / enemies change of turns.

The graphics are ok, voices are somewhat bad and the game has not any movies, all is done with CG. The general look of the game CGs is a stylized one (as in war advertisements in the time), and in the actual gameplay a board game one.

But it is a nice change of gameplay, and although not so complex and polished as XCOM, this game is a nice option in the Tactical-RPG genre, so rare in the ocident.
Born Apophis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 07:25 PM   #33
THE DEADLY DOG
Maximum Clubs Guide Dog

Send a message via AIM to THE DEADLY DOG Send a message via MSN to THE DEADLY DOG Send a message via Skype™ to THE DEADLY DOG

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Bronze   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 2   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 1   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Achievement Guide - Gold   Road Map - Gold   Staff - Maximum Clubs Director   Micro Guide - Gold   Submit - Emerald   Subscriber - Bronze   Staff Club - * Clueless *   2,500 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Born Apophis View Post
Already playing it: this game is more a tactical RPG / board style, with Upgrades, and Stats points distribuition. It is very similar to XCOM in the gameplay (I was expecting something more like R.U.S.E.).

You manage and choose the units that will be used in the missions, and control them individually, with actions and movements based on your Action Points. Your units and the enemies's ones have a cone of vision, and the basic gameplay is based on a allies / enemies change of turns.

The graphics are ok, voices are somewhat bad and the game has not any movies, all is done with CG. The general look of the game CGs is a stylized one (as in war advertisements in the time), and in the actual gameplay a board game one.

But it is a nice change of gameplay, and although not so complex and polished as XCOM, this game is a nice option in the Tactical-RPG genre, so rare in the ocident.

On top of that, it is a History Channel game. I am a bit upset with the lack of solid historical material, but am blown away by the quality of the game.
Old 11-26-2012, 05:11 AM   #34
Infernal

A 2rue boofer's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Over Achiever - Silver
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by THE DEADLY DOG View Post
On top of that, it is a History Channel game. I am a bit upset with the lack of solid historical material, but am blown away by the quality of the game.
Blown away by the quality? interesting, I can't wait to get around to it.
Infernal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 11:57 AM   #35
THE DEADLY DOG
Maximum Clubs Guide Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infernal View Post
Blown away by the quality? interesting, I can't wait to get around to it.
I should clarify, in retrospect to the type of game we are playing. A game created by the history channel obviously isn't some game of the year (or at least at this point isn't), but for what we get--I'm truly impressed.

I like how in depth the combat system is, I like how the mechanics flow real well, I like the realism playing the biggest aspect in whether you win or lose.

You'll have to get it, I'm doing it very little justice.
Old 12-05-2012, 03:37 PM   #36
Gio De Janiero

Gio De Janiero's Gamercard
Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terrin View Post
to bad this game is now impossible to find :S
Yeah seriously. This game has only been out a week and a half and EVERY game store where I live dosent have it/never received it. I had to buy it at the cocks at gamestop and even then the copy that I got was the only copy they had (the display copy that was already open). Since I couldnt find it anywhere else I just bit the bullet and bought it. Wouldnt be surprised if this turns out to be a rare game in the future.
Gio De Janiero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 03:47 PM   #37
THE DEADLY DOG
Maximum Clubs Guide Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gio De Janiero View Post
Yeah seriously. This game has only been out a week and a half and EVERY game store where I live dosent have it/never received it. I had to buy it at the cocks at gamestop and even then the copy that I got was the only copy they had (the display copy that was already open). Since I couldnt find it anywhere else I just bit the bullet and bought it. Wouldnt be surprised if this turns out to be a rare game in the future.
My big thing was the fact that the devs didn't think this game would take off. All of the history games have sold moderately well for low-quality games, and this may be the best of the bunch.

So glad I pre-ordered it early and got that guarantee. Heard people who did so after me still haven't received their copy lol.
Old 12-06-2012, 07:26 AM   #38
Gio De Janiero

Gio De Janiero's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by THE DEADLY DOG View Post
My big thing was the fact that the devs didn't think this game would take off. All of the history games have sold moderately well for low-quality games, and this may be the best of the bunch.

So glad I pre-ordered it early and got that guarantee. Heard people who did so after me still haven't received their copy lol.
Haha I wouldnt be surprised if they havent gotten it yet. Its a bitch to find, best bet really is online. Even though I had to get mine at gamestop (HATE that company) im just glad I was able to get my hands on a copy. I've played every History game (except the medeviel one) and yes while they are no where near a triple A release I still find them enjoyable.
Gio De Janiero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 01:23 PM   #39
THE DEADLY DOG
Maximum Clubs Guide Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gio De Janiero View Post
Haha I wouldnt be surprised if they havent gotten it yet. Its a bitch to find, best bet really is online. Even though I had to get mine at gamestop (HATE that company) im just glad I was able to get my hands on a copy. I've played every History game (except the medeviel one) and yes while they are no where near a triple A release I still find them enjoyable.
Oh this one absolutely is a joy to play--no two butts about it. Definitely let me know what you think of it. I literally dropped like 15 hours into it, even hours beyond simply achievement gathering, just because I enjoyed it that much.
Old 01-12-2013, 06:01 AM   #40
Ace Attorney 86

Ace Attorney 86's Gamercard
This is a great game. If your even mildly interested in WWII or stategy games, it's worth gameflying! I'm just glad the devs put Willy on the game disc art and on the game tile;

Ace Attorney 86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 09:32 PM   #41
Infernal

A 2rue boofer's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Over Achiever - Silver
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
I saw this for sale at my blockbuster, and it was only 19.99 since they are going under, so I'll probably just go pick it up.
Infernal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 07:23 PM   #42
Tower Bridge

Tower Bridge's Gamercard
Just picked it up for $13 off Amazon. Can easily be 1k'ed in a week or so (10-15 hours). It's an okay turn based strategy game. The tanks are a nice touch and it's a lot better than the Medieval game. Reminds me of Operation Darkness without the vampire/werewolf stuff.
Tower Bridge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 03:36 PM   #43
eohjay

eohjay's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tower Bridge View Post
Just picked it up for $13 off Amazon. Can easily be 1k'ed in a week or so (10-15 hours). It's an okay turn based strategy game. The tanks are a nice touch and it's a lot better than the Medieval game. Reminds me of Operation Darkness without the vampire/werewolf stuff.
I also just snagged it off of Amazon for sub-$15. I'm pretty excited to play it. I try to purchase all S-RPGs that come out on Day 1 as I'm a big fan of the genre, but somehow I totally missed this one. I recently learned about it and put it in my cart for my next round of purchases. Seeing the price drop sealed the deal, haha.

Should be delivered today or tomorrow - I'm hoping to get into it pretty heavily.

Drop me a line if you want to play any games, or need a hand.

Looking to boost in: Brain Challenge, Culdcept Saga and Resident Evil 5.

eohjay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 08:27 PM   #44
eohjay

eohjay's Gamercard
As an update to my older post. . .

It took me about a week of casual playing to 1K this. It was enjoyable, but I found myself severely hating the camera/controls at the onset. They grew on me as I became familiar with them, but I never actually "liked" them. I had absolutely no issues getting the 10 heroic victories with regular play, either. I ended up with about 15 or so without much hassle or reloading or anything. There are more than enough easy missions for this achievement.

I do wish there was a bit more personalization and use for your various troops, though. I ended up with two key squad mates with the exact same name, which was a bummer. I also found myself using only Snipers, Bazookas, Commandos, Tanks and the occasional Bomber to switch it up. It didn't seem like the multitude of other "classes" were necessary or had perks enough to warrant using them.

Drop me a line if you want to play any games, or need a hand.

Looking to boost in: Brain Challenge, Culdcept Saga and Resident Evil 5.

eohjay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 09:12 AM   #45
gameprsn

gameprsn's Gamercard
I thought this game was the best of the five History Channel games out for Xbox 360. It starts out kind of dry, but gets better as you unlock and can afford more units. The tanks were fun to use. An easy 1000G.
gameprsn is offline   Reply With Quote