PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooter > Earth Defense Force: Insect Armageddon
Subscribe    Donate

Old 01-19-2012, 12:25 PM   #1
UltraKev9

UltraKev9's Gamercard
How to solo Inferno and never die!

This is serious. Seriously.

You can solo Inferno mode and never be killed with a small bit of skill and the appropriate weapon loadout. It's also not something you can do if you don't have a level 8 battle armor.

Yeah, get Battle Armor to level 8. This gives you the Pesticide Mortar and the most powerful shield and the most health.

By now if you have been using the class at all you've learned that this class is not a guerilla class like Jet and can't rely on speed like Jet and/or Trooper armors. You don't get any fancy turrets. Just you wading in to the enemy, shield up and shooting and using the shield blast for a breather when things get hairy.

If you have noticed, the shield blast does the same damage with the same blast radius whether it has 100% energy or 1% energy. The shield also has a neat ability to absorb a hit that -should- hurt you. For example, if a Hector shoots a plasma ball at you and you have 1% shield remaining, the shield will be knocked out and you will be unharmed. If another shot comes in, you're hurt since the Battle Armor energy needs to completely refresh.

Here's the trick to soloing any stage on Inferno mode with Battle Armor. Try to launch your Pesticide Mortar at as much as you can from as far away as you can. You don't have to be really accurate since 150m blast radius should instantly vaporize anything including wasps, bomber spiders, hectors and manti. Only real problem is Super Hectors but your other weapon could be an OMG machine gun and you can shoot off the chest plate and then nuke it when it stands back up.

So, what do you do if you think you'll nuke yourself? No big deal. The Battle Armor is the only class that can use the shield to absorb that hit that would otherwise harm it, so if you want, get surrounded by spiders and ants, hold up the shield and nuke the ground right in front of you. Your shield goes down and everything in two square city blocks gets fried. Then by the time anything outside of the blast radius gets to you, you've already regenerated your shield AND are 3/4 of the way to reloading the Pesticide Mortar. A couple guys get close and just hose 'em down with the OMG.

I suggest using the OMG since it has "unlimited" range on screen and, worse comes to worst, you can use it to down a carrier if necessary but the gunships, just nuke the ground and for me, every time at least 50% of them ended up in flames due to the size of the blast radius.

Good luck, and happy nuking!
UltraKev9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 05:48 PM   #2
amuro98

I tried following your directions, but was unable to kill the large hector at the end of 3:2. I did shoot off its red plate. The first nuke landed near its feet - perhaps it's too tall? So then I tried to actually hit the weak spot with the nuke. The first try hit its back. The other two hit in the front. It didn't die. Instead, it simply looked down at me, roared, and stomped me out of existence like a bug.

Game Over.
amuro98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 09:46 PM   #3
amuro98

Alright after a few more pointless tries I simply gave up on trying to nuke the large Hector.

Instead I just used my OMG to snipe it to death.

My squadmates, Tweedle-Dee and Tweedle-Dum did a pretty good job distracting the thing and even put in the killing shot a few times. Apparently they CAN down a giant Hector, left by themselves, but that takes a long time and is still rather dangerous if both of them get knocked out at the same time.

It took me close to 90 minutes, and I had to revive my buddies like a total of 30 times but I finally completed the mission.

The final conversation was pretty silly.

Roger, Roger.
amuro98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 08:42 PM   #4
shadowfalcon14

shadowfalcon14's Gamercard
Thanks ill definitly try this
shadowfalcon14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 06:51 PM   #5
UglyEight7785

UglyEight7785's Gamercard
Yeah, the giant Hector is too tall for the Battle pesticide weapon.
UglyEight7785 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 10:34 PM   #6
Catz Ablaze

Catz Ablaze's Gamercard
Or just get someone to play the game with you.
Catz Ablaze is offline   Reply With Quote