PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Action > Max Payne 3
Subscribe    Donate

Old 11-27-2012, 10:30 PM   #61
TCs Negotiator

TCs Negotiator's Gamercard
The new title update does not solve the issue...wow.
TCs Negotiator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 10:31 PM   #62
The Bum-Mobile

Mr Shenanigans's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Fuck I was so excited to try it. But I've pretty much given up hope on it being patched. Sad but true.

The Bum-Mobile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 10:56 PM   #63
TCs Negotiator

Idk what to do, I've sent them support tickets, I just posted on their website under the page explaining their new patch and haven't received a reply, I'm currently re-downloading everything but it probably will not work. This is total BS.
Old 11-27-2012, 11:53 PM   #64
iiDaRReN316x

i7z iDaRReNx's Gamercard

Lets just keep this thread alive and get it to like 5pages maybe then they will class it as Major.. but ya im still awaiting my reply. i told my friend to report this bug too
Old 11-28-2012, 12:49 AM   #65
demon00uk

Demon00uk's Gamercard
Think they're taking notice!

Question: I'm having trouble unlocking Graverobber, Deathmatch Challenge, Early Adopter, Dearest of All My Friends, Payne Bringer, Old School Moves, and Training Complete. How can I unlock these?
Answer: We have received a few reports, mostly on PS3, about certain trophies or achievements not popping.
For Graverobber, Deathmatch Challenge, Dearest of All My Friends, try rebooting your console after achieving them.
For Payne Bringer -- we are looking into this now.
For Training Complete -- we are looking into this. If a lot of your progress toward Rank 50 was in Score Attack/Arcade, try leveling up more in Multiplayer games to see if that fixes it.
Early Adopter or Old School Moves -- we are currently looking into this. A few reports from players indicate that the achievement unlocked, but then re-locked. This is being investigated.
If you would like to receive an automatic email notification as soon as there is more information about any of these, please log into the Support Site and click Subscribe at the top of this page.
demon00uk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 01:23 AM   #66
TCs Negotiator

THANK !$@& they're finally getting the picture. With that being said, I just received another email, a quick one for a change might I add, from R*. No help at all though, it was basically a direct copy and paste from xbox.com on how to recover your GT...lol what the heck.
Old 11-28-2012, 01:23 AM   #67
TCs Negotiator

Btw Demon, could you please link us to the page where that was posted?
Cheers, TC
Found it, thanks for the heads up! I subscribed and look at that, they actually got the problem correct? Wow, *golf clap. Hopefully a solution will be along...this year.

Last edited by TCs Negotiator; 11-28-2012 at 02:46 AM.
Old 11-28-2012, 04:26 AM   #68
iiDaRReN316x

i7z iDaRReNx's Gamercard

I just got the same response saying that they are investigating early adopter and old school moves. fingers crossed guys !
Old 11-28-2012, 09:24 AM   #69
demon00uk

Demon00uk's Gamercard
http://support.rockstargames.com/ent...yne-3?locale=1
demon00uk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 03:34 PM   #70
HoppyHippo

HoppyHippo's Gamercard
Got the same response:

Rockstar Games Rockstar Support

November 27, 2012 07:44 pm
HoppyHippo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 05:01 PM   #71
The Bum-Mobile

Great! I'm not celebrating until they actually patch it but this sounds promising.

Old 11-28-2012, 10:42 PM   #72
TCs Negotiator

It now says to contact Microsoft for further support regarding the missing achievement, except they cannot unlock it for us. Ugh.
Old 11-28-2012, 10:47 PM   #73
The Bum-Mobile

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCs Negotiator View Post
It now says to contact Microsoft for further support regarding the missing achievement, except they cannot unlock it for us. Ugh.
Fuck, gettin' our hopes up.

Old 11-28-2012, 10:57 PM   #74
TCs Negotiator

I'm calling them right now, I'll update you guys asap.
Old 11-28-2012, 10:59 PM   #75
TCs Negotiator

But here is the updated text, I will separate the updated part.
Early Adopter or Old School Moves -- we are currently looking into this. A few reports from players claim that the achievement unlocked for them when the Hostage Negotiation pack first game out, but before Microsoft had updated Gamertags with the new achievements. Then, after that, the achievement would not unlock again and the Gamertag could not have the unlock applied.

Update by R*>>If this describes your problem, please contact Microsoft Xbox Support directly for further Support. Be sure to provide your Gamertag and as provide them with proof that the achievement unlocked, but is missing from your Gamertag.<<
Old 11-28-2012, 11:05 PM   #76
TCs Negotiator

Sorry for all the posts, anyways Microsoft said its on R*, they have to patch it. Idk why R* updated their otherwise hopeful support article with such useless information. Keep pressuring R* and hoping something actually does happen I guess? I just hope they aren't looking further into it and wanting Microsoft to do something about it rather than fixing it themselves...
Old 11-28-2012, 11:30 PM   #77
iiDaRReN316x

i7z iDaRReNx's Gamercard

And how would you be able to provide proof that you unlocked the achievement if it disapeared from your list?
Old 11-29-2012, 01:49 AM   #78
TCs Negotiator

You wouldn't, R* are proven idiots.
Old 11-29-2012, 05:48 AM   #79
iiDaRReN316x

i7z iDaRReNx's Gamercard

I Just told them that Microsoft cant manually add achievements to your profile and i said that microsoft told me to contact RSG for a patch. i wonder what response ill get from that? they never really give you a direct answer -.-
Old 11-29-2012, 06:55 AM   #80
TCs Negotiator

Idk, the person responding to my support ticket is proving to be no help at all or even listening to what I'm saying, it's very strange. I filed a "Mouth off Rockstar" report and told them about it. Here's to hoping them saying "its being looked into" actually means they're doing something other than sitting around. That's the notion I've gotten from them so far. Absolutely HORRIBLE customer service and support team.
Old 11-29-2012, 05:45 PM   #81
Iceskater101

iceskater101's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Gamer Chick!
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
So the problem is that some achievements from certain map DLC's won't unlock? That's sad. I mean Rockstar just released a patch trying to fix that glitch in multiplayer. They now need another patch to fix this, that's really depressing.

credits to DEG23
Iceskater101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 07:23 PM   #82
TCs Negotiator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceskater101 View Post
So the problem is that some achievements from certain map DLC's won't unlock? That's sad. I mean Rockstar just released a patch trying to fix that glitch in multiplayer. They now need another patch to fix this, that's really depressing.
If you earned the Early Adopter achievement pre-list update, and recovered your GT (you had to because it didn't count) it is now impossible to unlock.
Old 11-29-2012, 09:59 PM   #83
TCs Negotiator

Got some half decent news guys, checked the post again today and this was recently added by R*:
"We are continuing to look into this on our end as well to see if we can detect anything wrong, and if so, what we might be able to do to help resolve the issue if it is possible on our side."
Old 11-29-2012, 11:05 PM   #84
The Bum-Mobile

Well after they had the tech support page update (Saying to contact Microsoft) I sent them one last, third ticket. It blatantly told them the situation we were all in; how Microsoft didn't help and how R* support sent us there, and MS sent us to R*. Anyway I got a nice response, as follows

Rockstar Games, Nov 29 04:48 pm (EST):
Hi,

Don't worry, this is not a generic advice response.

We are aware of that xbox360achievements.org thread and we have several tickets claiming Early Adopter will not unlock at all if it was unlocked prior to when people claim the achievement list was updated on Microsoft's end.

Our advice to contact Xbox Live support was based on the fact that we at Rockstar Games do not have access to players' Xbox Live Gamertags to unlock achievements manually. These unlocks come from the game directly at the time when the criteria are met, and in all of our recent tests (which may not be a simulation of the actual issue if there was a delay in the achievements showing up as available on Xbox), Early Adopter unlocked properly.

We have added the following line to the article: "We are continuing to look into this on our end as well to see if we can detect anything wrong, and if so, what we might be able to do to help resolve the issue if it is possible on our side."

Hope that clears things up!

Customer Experience Manager
R*

So there. It may be a matter where it's just out of their hands; it does seen like this is a Microsoft fuckup. I did suggest that maybe a stat-wipe would help us out, but I'm no techie. I don't know what they'd have to do to wipe specific users' stats. We'll see.

Oh yeah, I'd linked this thread to the new ticket and a previous one. That's why the response mentioned it.

Last edited by The Bum-Mobile; 11-29-2012 at 11:08 PM.
Old 11-29-2012, 11:11 PM   #85
HoppyHippo

HoppyHippo's Gamercard
Better than nothing
Old 11-29-2012, 11:37 PM   #86
The Bum-Mobile

And I got a quick response to my response

Rockstar Games, Nov 29 06:10 pm (EST):
Hi,

Thanks for understanding and sorry for the confusion. The database team has been alerted to the issue. Even though this does sound like an issue on Xbox Live's side if the achievements weren't updated when people were already getting the unlocks, we would definitely help if we had an easy way to just reset that one achievement in stats. Unfortunately, since this scenario was an unforeseen possibility, there isn't any way for Support agents to reset just that. Nevertheless, we are reviewing how this unlocks specifically and what options may exist to help out.

Cheers,

R*

It unfortunately seems to be an issue for Microsoft, who're obviously much harder to reach in this sense die to their size compared to Rockstar. Bottom line is we should appreciate Rockstar's dialogue with us on the issue, and acknowledge that you can't always get a definitive response from the support team.

Old 11-30-2012, 01:27 AM   #87
TCs Negotiator

Well that's nice some of us got a non generic auto paste response...hopefully something can be done then! And awesome that they actually took notice to this forum (y)
Old 11-30-2012, 05:12 AM   #88
iiDaRReN316x

i7z iDaRReNx's Gamercard

Ive never heard of Microsoft been able to manually add achievements to your gamertag.. that seems abit wrong? and if rockstar cant patch this i think it will just stay unobtainable.. i dont even know how they would patch it besides reseting your stats which i doubt they would do anyway. they cant go back in time and experiment whats wrong..
Old 11-30-2012, 10:34 PM   #89
HoppyHippo

HoppyHippo's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Bum-Mobile View Post
there isn't any way for Support agents to reset just that.
I would be happy even if they reset all my multiplayer stats.
Old 12-01-2012, 05:57 AM   #90
The Bum-Mobile

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoppyHippo View Post
I would be happy even if they reset all my multiplayer stats.
I'd probably be willing to do the same!