Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Off Topic > Off Topic Discussion > Television
Subscribe    Donate

Old 10-31-2012, 05:03 AM   #1
PhilX2

Scouser Phil's Gamercard
Talking The Big Bang Theory?

Although its not due out over here until November....I cant help but download and watch them never the less!

Anyone else?
PhilX2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 08:23 AM   #2
Ctrl Alt Defeat

CtrI Alt Defeat's Gamercard
Wait is this a topic about the show or about downloading the show?

Thanks to the man Slaughter for the godlike sig!
343 Pls.
Ctrl Alt Defeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 01:29 PM   #3
THE DEADLY DOG
Maximum Clubs Guide Dog

Send a message via AIM to THE DEADLY DOG Send a message via MSN to THE DEADLY DOG Send a message via Skype™ to THE DEADLY DOG

THE DEADLY DOG's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Xbox One Maximum Clubs Novice   Submit - Diamond   Community Gaming - Bronze   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 2   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 1   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Achievement Guide - Gold   Road Map - Gold   Staff - Maximum Clubs Director   Micro Guide - Gold   Subscriber - Bronze   Staff Club - * Clueless *
Total Awards: 17 (more» ...)
I think he means.....

Old 10-31-2012, 09:11 PM   #4
Spade.

Send a message via Skype™ to Spade.

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Silver   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Gold   Donator - Level 2   CABS Beta Tester   XBA Representer   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Staff Club - Minty   Over Achiever - Bronze   Micro Guide - Bronze   Ambassador 1x1 Competition - Second Place   Submit - Silver
Total Awards: 14 (more» ...)
I love this show. Probably my favorite show on television atm.
Old 10-31-2012, 09:51 PM   #5
ChickinOnaChain

Awards Showcase 5,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
I was watching it so much on one of our local channels, I got worn out onthem. But I do watch the new ones. I just wonder how much longer it'll be on. It seems they've done almost everything, except for Bernadette and Howard having a baby.

ChickinOnaChain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 11:14 PM   #6
Kunduz

Herr Karamell's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by xWhitespade100x View Post
I love this show. Probably my favorite show on television atm.
Same here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vindicator51 View Post
In that case, people will have to download more RAM for it. Consoles have come a long way since they first appeared, so this is very possible.
Kunduz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 11:30 PM   #7
HallowedSilent

HallowedSilent's Gamercard
Love it! though when they started getting relationships involved it kind of lost its charm and began to focus a bit to much on that...its like a nerdy version of friends now, nothing like its original form.
HallowedSilent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 11:33 PM   #8
ChickinOnaChain

Awards Showcase 5,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by HallowedSilent View Post
Love it! though when they started getting relationships involved it kind of lost its charm and began to focus a bit to much on that...its like a nerdy version of friends now, nothing like its original form.
I never thought about it but you're right. Still, they had to expand somehow, without added more characters.

ChickinOnaChain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 12:08 AM   #9
iBuzz7S

Awards Showcase 5,000 Posts   Submit - Bronze   Donator - Level 2
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
I watch it every week. I've watched seasons 1-5 at least 4 times over in the last year.

Can't get enough of it.

iBuzz7S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 08:25 PM   #10
Iceskater101

iceskater101's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Gamer Chick!
I freaking love this show!!! I just watched the halloween episode and I thought it was hilarious. I just love the characters and they all have a lot of chemistry, the story is still funny. I love this show so much!

credits to DEG23
Iceskater101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 11:14 PM   #11
THE DEADLY DOG
Maximum Clubs Guide Dog

Send a message via AIM to THE DEADLY DOG Send a message via MSN to THE DEADLY DOG Send a message via Skype™ to THE DEADLY DOG

Awards Showcase Xbox One Maximum Clubs Novice   Submit - Diamond   Community Gaming - Bronze   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 2   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 1   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Achievement Guide - Gold   Road Map - Gold   Staff - Maximum Clubs Director   Micro Guide - Gold   Subscriber - Bronze   Staff Club - * Clueless *
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceskater101 View Post
I freaking love this show!!! I just watched the halloween episode and I thought it was hilarious. I just love the characters and they all have a lot of chemistry, the story is still funny. I love this show so much!
Teeeheee hahahahaha!
Old 11-02-2012, 04:06 AM   #12
Ctrl Alt Defeat

CtrI Alt Defeat's Gamercard
This show is awesome.

Kaley Cucoco makes it that much better.

Thanks to the man Slaughter for the godlike sig!
343 Pls.
Ctrl Alt Defeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 04:21 AM   #13
iBuzz7S

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ctrl Alt Defeat View Post
I fall deeper in love with her with every episode.

Old 11-02-2012, 05:04 AM   #14
Starstrukk X360A

Nerdcrest's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts   Donator - Level 1   Submit - Bronze   Gamer Chick!
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
I absolutely love this show. Unfortunately I've only watched the first episode of the most recent season, but one day I'll actually sit down and catch up.

Follow me on the internet:

Starstrukk X360A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 02:39 PM   #15
THE DEADLY DOG
Maximum Clubs Guide Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starstrukk X360A View Post
I absolutely love this show. Unfortunately I've only watched the first episode of the most recent season, but one day I'll actually sit down and catch up.
That's how I feel with so many shows.
Old 11-02-2012, 02:41 PM   #16
Burnout x360a

M1KE 08's Gamercard

Awards Showcase XBA Promoter   Submit - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   5,000 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by iBuzz7S View Post
I fall deeper in love with her with every episode.
+1 for that motion :P

^ By Xerofox, thanks!
Twitter lSteam

Burnout x360a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 03:43 PM   #17
punker

punkerhardcore's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Silver   1,000 Posts   Submit - Bronze
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ctrl Alt Defeat View Post
This show is awesome.

Bleh, I couldn't disagree more. They could fire her tomorrow and it would only improve things. Adding Mayim Bialik (and to a lesser extent, Melissa Rauch) really showed how worthless Cuoco is.

Here's a drinking game-- take a shot every time Cuoco purses her lips/makes a stupid duck face after saying one of her lines. You may not make it through an entire episode without passing out dead.

Your = possessive. As in, "your grammar sucks."
You're = you are. As in, "you're an idiot for not knowing the difference."

Proper capitalization matters. There is a massive difference between, "I helped my Uncle Jack off a horse," and, "i helped my uncle jack off a horse."
punker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 03:49 PM   #18
iBuzz7S

Quote:
Originally Posted by punker View Post
Here's a drinking game-- take a shot every time Cuoco purses her lips/makes a stupid duck face after saying one of her lines.
I think that just comes with the character and not put on by Kaley herself.

Old 11-04-2012, 04:22 PM   #19
Iceskater101

iceskater101's Gamercard

Yeah that's a part of her character. She makes that face whenever she doesn't know what the nerds are talking about physics or what amy says that has to do with neurobiology. I love her on this show.

credits to DEG23
Old 11-04-2012, 04:35 PM   #20
Zinnwick

Claypoolkid6's Gamercard
Not too Funny

The Big Bang Theory is a really overrated show. Like many sitcoms, if you take the laugh track out, it's not as funny. There is a part of our brain that makes things more funny when other people laugh (it's a form of adapting to our environment by forming relationships with others). Here is a link to a guy who takes out the laugh track on Youtube. If you really think a sitcom is funny, try watching it without the track, The Office style.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PmLQaTcViOA
Zinnwick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 04:47 PM   #21
Smoochy

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zinnwick View Post
The Big Bang Theory is a really overrated show. Like many sitcoms, if you take the laugh track out, it's not as funny. There is a part of our brain that makes things more funny when other people laugh (it's a form of adapting to our environment by forming relationships with others). Here is a link to a guy who takes out the laugh track on Youtube. If you really think a sitcom is funny, try watching it without the track, The Office style.

I never found this show funny anyway (I always thought it was painfully unfunny, honestly), but that video definitely was cringe worthy.

If you like it, enjoy yourself, I just don't find anything in it funny what so ever.
"We're gonna press on, and we're gonna have the hap, hap, happiest Christmas since Bing Crosby tap-danced with Danny fucking Kaye. And when Santa squeezes his fat white ass down that chimney tonight, he's gonna find the jolliest bunch of assholes this side of the nuthouse."
Smoochy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 12:10 AM   #22
THE DEADLY DOG
Maximum Clubs Guide Dog

Quote:

The fact that you sit and take the time to dissect the TV show defeats the purpose of any comedy. I could sit here and pick apart any TV show and make you believe it isn't funny. Nothing special here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoochy View Post
I never found this show funny anyway (I always thought it was painfully unfunny, honestly), but that video definitely was cringe worthy.

If you like it, enjoy yourself, I just don't find anything in it funny what so ever.
The minority always needs to be heard as well.
Old 11-06-2012, 12:51 PM   #23
Evo Kazz

II Kazz II's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Arcade Crazy - Silver   Over Achiever - Platinum   Donator - Level 1   5,000 Posts   Staff Club - DEG23   Staff Club - Madhatters13   Staff Club - Shinobi273   Staff Club - DeekBoy   Staff Club - Rajeanero   Staff Club - Minty   Staff Club - Tyger7   Brick Builders & Busters Franchise Club - Tier 3
Total Awards: 27 (more» ...)
Quote:

I'm so glad I don't think like this, everything would be miserable and dull in life.

Arcade Crazy - 26 - Over Achiever - 54 - XB1 Points - 47
Franchise Clubs - 5x Tier 1, 3x Tier 2, 1x Tier 3
Staff Clubs - 10

Evo Kazz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 07:21 PM   #24
Iceskater101

iceskater101's Gamercard

Everyone has the right to their opinions, but I still watched that youtube clip without the laughing and I still thought it was funny because I have seen the show so many times and I find it funny that Sheldon can't understand sarcasm yet he is a genius.

credits to DEG23
Old 11-14-2012, 07:23 PM   #25
Burnout x360a

M1KE 08's Gamercard

Awards Showcase XBA Promoter   Submit - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   5,000 Posts
Quote:

And the award for biggest buzzkill goes to..

^ By Xerofox, thanks!
Twitter lSteam

Burnout x360a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 06:15 AM   #26
Edword

Sprinklez88's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   XBA Promoter
I think the season so far has been really good. Last week's episode was hilarious!
Edword is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 08:01 AM   #27
iBuzz7S

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burnout View Post
And the award for biggest buzzkill goes to..
Hold your applause.

Now, the movie isn't so serious. It has become a comedy. Does it make it any less of a Batman film?

Old 11-15-2012, 06:49 PM   #28
Iceskater101

iceskater101's Gamercard

someone has to much time on their hands to do something like that? Lol.

credits to DEG23
Old 11-17-2012, 09:57 AM   #29
Mephistonl

I used to think is was very funny. Haven't seen an epidose in a year, but after a while I just thought of it as a feel good series.
Mephistonl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 07:00 PM   #30
BIGbivvie

Phil Bardsley's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Anyone watching the new series tonight, episode 2?

He turns to me, and he says, "Why so serious?".
Comes at me with the knife, "Why so serious?!".
Sticks the blade in my mouth, "Let's put a smile on that face."
Aaaand, why so serious?

BIGbivvie is offline   Reply With Quote