PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooter > Halo 4
Subscribe    Donate

Old 11-23-2012, 10:05 AM   #541
Shabba
Banned User

Every lame 5 point achievement, what is the point of them...... Seriously??? Achievements should make you feel you have achieved something. Not because there is an option to press buttons or use a menu.

Achievements being released with the game before the DLC's are available is just unacceptable. These should have been a seperate addon's achievement when the DLC is finally available a month or more later...

Achievements arent my only concern if they are structured this way it reflects back on this game.

Spawning is terrible, ridiculous. There is nothing worse then being spawned in the middle of all the aliens to be instant killed or also the opposite team, then repeat. Ammo can also be a real problem on certain levels and difficulties..

Last edited by Shabba; 11-23-2012 at 10:18 AM.
Shabba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 10:23 AM   #542
PervasiveFall8

PervasiveFall8's Gamercard
Just bought Doritos bags (24 matches) codes are no good.

Thanks for the moron executive descision to but codes on the outside of the bags.

And thanks to the jerks that redeem the codes without buying the bag.
Piss off.
PervasiveFall8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 01:00 PM   #543
poig

poig's Gamercard
I hate it in campaign and spartan ops when you want to leave a weapon on the ground to grab at a later time when you need it and then within a couple minutes it has disappeared. WTF man? Are there invisible people following me that pick up the weapons I leave on the ground? This did not happen when bungee developed the previous halo's. what's wrong 343?
poig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 01:02 PM   #544
poig

poig's Gamercard
And I think I have to stop playing halo when I'm half pissed because I've played all of them and still don't understand the storyline :S
Old 11-23-2012, 01:54 PM   #545
Mopey

Mopey Pi's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by poig View Post
And I think I have to stop playing halo when I'm half pissed because I've played all of them and still don't understand the storyline :S
I've played all the games several times (except for Halo Wars), read most of the books, was the only one in my group of friends who actually understood the story.

But when I played Halo 4, I had almost no idea what was going on, either.
The story itself is quite hard to grasp, but once you're into it - man, it's satisfying like Mass Effect (;
Check Halopedias and stuff, that helps.
Mopey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 10:02 PM   #546
HuskyHuscarl

C0MPLY 0R D13's Gamercard
Hate voting for maps.
Played Ragnarok about 9 times in a row today..
Old 11-23-2012, 10:09 PM   #547
Geonovast

Send a message via Yahoo to Geonovast Send a message via Skype™ to Geonovast

Geonovast's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by HuskyHuscarl View Post
Hate voting for maps.
Played Ragnarok about 9 times in a row today..
It sucks, but it's not a new problem. I was so sick of Asylum on some days of Reach that I would just stop playing.

I'm just glad they made it so you can't change your vote.
Geonovast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 10:51 PM   #548
HuskyHuscarl

C0MPLY 0R D13's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geonovast View Post
It sucks, but it's not a new problem. I was so sick of Asylum on some days of Reach that I would just stop playing.

I'm just glad they made it so you can't change your vote.
Yes I know, I like Ragnarok so it's not too bad. But overall playing for about 4 hours today, I played on 3 maps.
Oh well right
Old 11-23-2012, 11:26 PM   #549
nightwing187

Beat mission 3 solo on legendary but the game didn't count it as if i beat it and I also didn't get the achievement. Since that I haven't touch the game. that piss me off I know the other other missions are probably harder but still I don't want to redo it a third time.
nightwing187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 11:43 PM   #550
Ty-Rex
Jardinho has a baby dick

Tylord824's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 1   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 3   CABS Beta Tester   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 2   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - * Clueless *   Subscriber - Bronze   Micro Guide - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 10 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightwing187 View Post
I know the other other missions are probably harder but still I don't want to redo it a third time.
The third mission is the hardest part of the game if that's any consolation.

I don't think it is...

Ty-Rex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 12:11 AM   #551
DEG23
Waiting for 1989

DEG23 x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - DEG23   Donator - Level 5   CABS Beta Tester   Staff - Moderator   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Staff Club - Rajeanero   GRID 2 Award   Staff Club - Grifter Reborn   Staff Club - TemporalWizard   Staff Club - Minty   Staff Club - Nozza x360a   Staff Club - Shinobi273
Total Awards: 23 (more» ...)
The Prometheans are getting on my nerves. they are so unbalanced it's starting to become frustrating to fight them. The crawlers are so strong they almost take a full clip to take out and the problem is, you never face only one at a time. I know you can headshot them but when you are without a single shot weapon you might as well kill yourself to save them the trouble.

It pisses me off that the crawlers with the beam weapon are a one shot weapon. Even the Covenant beam rifle only drops your shield, unless it's a headshot. I've lost count of the times i've been playing Spartan Ops and been one shotted by a crawler, respawned in the middle of them, only to be dropped again and again.

The watchers are incredibly strong and its ridiculous that they can spawn more enemies so every time you try and take one out it flies away basically ensuring the battlefield becomes more populated.

The knights are cheap too. Very rarely can you engage them at range because they have too much health and always run away, yet every time you move in close they either melee you instantly or teleport away.

I've been playing Spartan Ops lately and my fiends and i have been trying to get through the chapters on legendary without dying but when we go up against the Prometheans we have resorted to rushing in COD style and taking advantage for the respawns just to finish the level, despite being constantly respawned in the middle of a group of enemies.

343 really dropped the ball when it came to creating a new group of enemies. Let's just hope they bring back the flood in Halo 5
DEG23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 07:58 AM   #552
Geonovast

Geonovast's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by DEG23 View Post
Let's just hope they bring back the flood in Halo 5
I hope not. I'd much rather deal with prometheans than that crap.

Might not be a problem for me though, if MS does the Gamertag/Disc association.
Old 11-24-2012, 08:06 AM   #553
Jet1337

Jet1337's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
I hate it in campaign and spartan ops when you want to leave a weapon on the ground to grab at a later time when you need it and then within a couple minutes it has disappeared. WTF man? Are there invisible people following me that pick up the weapons I leave on the ground? This did not happen when bungee developed the previous halo's. what's wrong 343?
More like a couple seconds. Get too many dead things going on and the shit disappears before your eyes. It's because of the 360's shitty RAM probably. If I had 512Mb of RAM, I would forget everything, too.
Old 11-24-2012, 03:26 PM   #554
Shabba
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jet1337 View Post
More like a couple seconds. Get too many dead things going on and the shit disappears before your eyes. It's because of the 360's shitty RAM probably. If I had 512Mb of RAM, I would forget everything, too.
Thats an excuse, even on the campaign they often disappear.. They really shouldn't as often it is potential ammo for later.

Why the hell wasn't a mathematical generator used when assigning the teams in a Wargames match?

Most always the teams will go like this. 10 players these are the levels 65, 59, 47, 42, 38, 31, 28, 19, 15, 9. Now the teams when playing and they are assigned will be the 65, 59, 47, 42, 28 versus the 38, 31, 19, 15, 8. You know right way which is gonna win because over half of one team hasn't even got a full loadout.

How hard is it to assign a balance on the overall level, using a basic mathematical generator. I am asking for to much I suppose like with alot of this game, it often sucks though...
Old 11-24-2012, 03:41 PM   #555
poig

poig's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shabba View Post
Thats an excuse, even on the campaign they often disappear.. They really shouldn't as often it is potential ammo for later.

Why the hell wasn't a mathematical generator used when assigning the teams in a Wargames match?

Most always the teams will go like this. 10 players these are the levels 65, 59, 47, 42, 38, 31, 28, 19, 15, 9. Now the teams when playing and they are assigned will be the 65, 59, 47, 42, 28 versus the 38, 31, 19, 15, 8. You know right way which is gonna win because over half of one team hasn't even got a full loadout.

How hard is it to assign a balance on the overall level, using a basic mathematical generator. I am asking for to much I suppose like with alot of this game, it often sucks though...
hmmmm that reminds me of something....

thats it. call of duty multiplayer although thats probs not as bad as halo 4 MP
Old 11-24-2012, 03:45 PM   #556
poig

poig's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jet1337 View Post
lol, but yeah i think that probably pisses me off the most. Its never been this bad with the previous Halo's.
Old 11-24-2012, 04:39 PM   #557
sleepydumbdude

sleepydumbdude's Gamercard

Quote:
Same I was coming here to bitch about that. Was doing a legendary run last night and put down my sniper to grab a rocket launcher to take out two hunters and came back and it was gone.
sleepydumbdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 05:27 PM   #558
PervasiveFall8

PervasiveFall8's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shabba View Post
Not necessarily true any more. You can be a scrub at war games and be level 68, nowadays. I never look at rank to determine skill in this game because of how easy it is I rank up.

Last edited by PervasiveFall8; 11-24-2012 at 05:30 PM.
PervasiveFall8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 10:00 PM   #559
Shabba
Banned User

Yes indeed that wasn't entirely the point. Sure that 68 might have leveled from Slurp and Doritos. Although atleast FFS he has all the loadout options available and just maybe if he hadn't leveled from the above, has a bit of EXP. So why then in almost 3 games out of 5 has one team got a massive level difference over the opposite team? The odds have already drawn a favourite. Every so often you might get surprised, this rarely happens though.

No they aren't balanced most often. A simple overall level then divided in half making two teams. I guess this was to much to consider when that fatso was slurping his doritos...

Last edited by Shabba; 11-24-2012 at 10:04 PM.
Old 11-24-2012, 10:28 PM   #560
Geonovast

Geonovast's Gamercard
A lot of times that problem comes from 3 or 4 of the higher levels being in a party together. It tries to keep the party together whenever possible, whilst ignoring ranks.

Besides, rank really doesn't reflect skill. It's just a measure of how much you've played. Back in Reach, I had really good games against Reclaimers and whatnot, but on occasion would get pwnd by Warrant Officers. I'm seeing the same patter in Halo 4. Luckily the ranks in this one are easier to ignore.

I also agree with the whole double XP thing. I think it's sad that they even have that in place.
Old 11-24-2012, 10:57 PM   #561
UnarmedReaper07

UnarmedReaper07's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Silver   1,000 Posts   Over Achiever - Silver   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   XBA Promoter
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
Almost level 70 (level 69 and I've used no double xp) and no code yet. I need a time machine to get to 11/30. (lol)

*Hit level 70 - Turns into the Incredible Hulk!!! HULK SMASH!!!

Last edited by UnarmedReaper07; 11-25-2012 at 01:08 AM.
UnarmedReaper07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 03:34 AM   #562
Fechdog

Fechdog's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by UnarmedReaper07 View Post
Almost level 70 (level 69 and I've used no double xp) and no code yet. I need a time machine to get to 11/30. (lol)
Same. I've beaten Legendary solo, all Spartan Ops missions on Legendary, and SR 68 planning to get to 70 in the next couple of days. I've even messed around in Forge a decent amount and I'm thinking what else is there to do once I get to SR 70? The playlists isn't as good as it could be. In Reach, I always had something to do, even if some of the types I didn't like playing. I want Grifball, add extraction since I tried that in custom and it looks fun, and some custom maps added with custom games like Action Sack from Halo 3.
Old 11-25-2012, 08:36 AM   #563
ajennice

ajennice00's Gamercard

My bitches are all campaign/Ops related. The disappearing of weapons after you walk 10 ft past them, and the fact that master chief smoke too many cigs!! I mean what kind of spartan officer can't run more than 20 feet at a time without stopping.
Oh.. the biggie that haunts this game and others... the Spot where you're running for 10 minutes with no action. Like right before the librarian scene. You're in the halls just following the opened doors. Could do without that kids of stuff.. Fill that area with some shootables or don't write it in.. waste of time.
ajennice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 03:43 PM   #564
KriugerisLT

Kr1ug3ris's Gamercard

Thruster packs in Flood are complete bullshit. Most of the time the flood lag kill you when thrusting towards you and you die like from 10 feet away. 343 butchered the Infection playlist with shit like this. Zombies are supposed to be underpowered and have strength in numbers. Now the advantage seems to be in the Flood's favor, because it's impossible to survive a 2-3 Flood attack as a Survivor. In Reach for example, you could kill them all if you were fast and agile enough. Since they didn't have shields, no absurd charging abilities (except for Evade, but it's still better than the stupidly laggy Thruster Pack). and you were able to block attacks if timed correctly with your melee.

Hope 343 makes Flood a better playlist, because as of now I find it almost unplayable and not fun.
Old 11-25-2012, 09:07 PM   #565
Hishoa

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajennice View Post
My bitches are all campaign/Ops related. The disappearing of weapons after you walk 10 ft past them,
This applies to multiplayer as well.

Quote:
and the fact that master chief smoke too many cigs!! I mean what kind of spartan officer can't run more than 20 feet at a time without stopping.
.. 20 feet? It's more like 50. But it's irrelevant seeing as the MC didn't run in Halo:CE, Halo 2, or Halo 3 -- I suppose you rationalized it as "Oh shit, MC learned how to sprint!"

Quote:
Oh.. the biggie that haunts this game and others... the Spot where you're running for 10 minutes with no action. Like right before the librarian scene. You're in the halls just following the opened doors. Could do without that kids of stuff.. Fill that area with some shootables or don't write it in.. waste of time.
Yes, completely disregard the fact that that area of the campaign was completely foe-free because the Sentinels was barring access to an area where the Librarian resided; They allowed only the Master Chief into the area because he's the Reclaimer.

Fuck them, right?
Hishoa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 10:18 PM   #566
RBmaster9345

RBmaster9345's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts
Anyone else have the server down? I cant see anyone's level, or my own, use my loadouts and i can only access like 3 playlists. And I cant do commendations or challenges
Old 11-25-2012, 10:26 PM   #567
PhilJol

PhilJol's Gamercard
Server is down for me too.
PhilJol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 11:03 PM   #568
KriugerisLT

Kr1ug3ris's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hishoa View Post
Yes, completely disregard the fact that that area of the campaign was completely foe-free because the Sentinels was barring access to an area where the Librarian resided; They allowed only the Master Chief into the area because he's the Reclaimer.
Fuck them, right?
Humans are the Reclaimers, not only Master Chief :]
Old 11-26-2012, 12:19 AM   #569
DEG23
Waiting for 1989

DEG23 x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - DEG23   Donator - Level 5   CABS Beta Tester   Staff - Moderator   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Staff Club - Rajeanero   GRID 2 Award   Staff Club - Grifter Reborn   Staff Club - TemporalWizard   Staff Club - Minty   Staff Club - Nozza x360a   Staff Club - Shinobi273
Total Awards: 23 (more» ...)
It's annoying having to watch the terminal vids via waypoint. I don't know if it's an error on my end but each video was either pausing during playback or becoming badly pixelated in some parts. I mainly wanted to watch them for the story line aspect but doing it this way made it almost unpleasant to watch. I just hope if 343 are planning on doing terminals again they include the videos on disk
DEG23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 05:10 AM   #570
Nami

Send a message via MSN to Nami

Cronaa's Gamercard
Fuck I hate the fucking boltshot aka pocket shotgun and the DMR. The boltshot .. Who's fucking idea was it to put in a shotgun as a weapon that can be used right off the bat? Someone needs to shoot that person it is crazy over powered and EVERY ONE uses it because they're too shit to get a kill that isn't one shot kill. The DMR is just as bad super accurate brutal damage and can often outgun anything else you're using. I feel like I have to resort to cheap kills just to enjoy this game I wished 343 put in as much effort to there mp as they did sp. after game after game of boltshot deaths I am probably not going to play for a long time.

Nothing amazing ever happens here. Only the ordinary

Nami is offline   Reply With Quote