Old 12-10-2012, 04:29 AM   #661
DaChiefOfOwnage

DaChiefOfOwnage's Gamercard
The mother buzzing Boltshot.
DaChiefOfOwnage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 05:40 AM   #662
confucious468

Confucious468's Gamercard
Hate when enemies get stuck in Spartan Ops. Most annoying thing...
confucious468 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 09:51 AM   #663
Burnout x360a

M1KE 08's Gamercard

Awards Showcase XBA Promoter   Submit - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   5,000 Posts
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaChiefOfOwnage View Post
The mother buzzing Boltshot.
As someone who rarely plays tight quarters/small maps this is not something I come across often, in fact I've been killed by it so few times I could count them on one hand probably.

It is bloody powerful though in good hands.

^ By Xerofox, thanks!
Twitter lSteam

Burnout x360a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 08:49 PM   #664
Spock

N7 Spock's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Over Achiever - Bronze   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
The Boltshot and Plasma Pistol should not be starting weapons. I fucking hate them.

I like bitching threads.
Spock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 09:31 PM   #665
Ty-Rex
I <3 troy0891 x360a

Tylord824's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 1   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 3   CABS Beta Tester   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 2   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - * Clueless *   Subscriber - Bronze   Micro Guide - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 10 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spock View Post
The Boltshot and Plasma Pistol should not be starting weapons. I fucking hate them.
The plasma pistol is annoying, but the boltshot is just completely broken. It has better range than a scattershot for fuck's sake. Unfortunately, if they never nerf the range, it's just gonna be one of those "if you can't beat em, join em" situations.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakethemuss View Post
I could be a stud with females and get laid all the time

Ty-Rex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 04:01 AM   #666
UnarmedReaper07

UnarmedReaper07's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Silver   1,000 Posts   Over Achiever - Silver   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   XBA Promoter
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
Played a game of "KOTH" on the new dlc and my team was winning 76 to 1. Then the score menu popped up and people quit and joined on the other team. The game chooses a new host and about to start and then it goes through the same process again. After about four to five minutes the game kicks me back to game search. It can never do this stuff when I'm losing. This goes along with the whole "Team Regicide" compaint I posted pages ago. Never had these problems in Halo Reach.

Last edited by UnarmedReaper07; 12-11-2012 at 04:04 AM.
UnarmedReaper07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 01:54 PM   #667
Lebowski

Send a message via ICQ to Lebowski Send a message via AIM to Lebowski Send a message via MSN to Lebowski Send a message via Yahoo to Lebowski Send a message via Skype™ to Lebowski

GTA Redwood's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Referrals - Silver   1,000 Posts   Submit - Bronze   Word of Mouth   A+ Thread Award   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 6 (more» ...)
1. NO SPECIALIZATION CODES FOR EVERYONE?...(When is Europe getting them?)
2. DMR & Boltshot = YOU WIN
Old 12-11-2012, 02:13 PM   #668
theNomad

PureNomad's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lebowski View Post
1. NO SPECIALIZATION CODES FOR EVERYONE?...(When is Europe getting them?)
2. DMR & Boltshot = YOU WIN
Totally agree, even being a LE buyer and being able to level up when I've wanted. I think the way they've handled the specializations as been a PR disaster. Buy our game, and then level up when we tell you, its bad enough saving the option to just LE buyers but then granting an whole country the right while neglecting EU, NZ & OZ and other countries is shambolic.

I don't really have issues with small arms as loadout weapons, well other than right now when I'm trying to rack up mantis stomps and people keep EMP'ng me.

I'm not feeling the boltshot love or abuse, like Burnout says I can also count the amount of times I've been killed from it on one hand. And thats usually some sneaky dude creeping around a corner with promy vision. If you wanna play like that all game fair enough, but its not how I'd choose to play.

And I've only been racking magnum kills up since Swat hit the playlist.

Last edited by theNomad; 12-11-2012 at 02:18 PM.
theNomad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 02:52 PM   #669
DragonsGoMOO

dragonsgomoo's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Boltshot. I played Capture the Flag yesterday. The other team used only Boltshot and it was pathetic. They used that and Promethean Vision. I viewed their aftermath and their method of destruction, all of them, Boltshot. Come on.

DragonsGoMOO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 03:00 PM   #670
Burnout x360a

M1KE 08's Gamercard

Awards Showcase XBA Promoter   Submit - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   5,000 Posts
I am annoyed by the time it takes to matchmake sometimes, it's weird considering it was faster when the NAT had gone to moderate, lol.

Also have only been killed by a boltshot a few times so it's not something I'm bothered by yet, is it more common on the small maps?

^ By Xerofox, thanks!
Twitter lSteam

Old 12-11-2012, 07:25 PM   #671
Fechdog

Fechdog's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burnout View Post
Also have only been killed by a boltshot a few times so it's not something I'm bothered by yet, is it more common on the small maps?
It's a lot more common on smaller maps, and especially objective games on smaller maps. I played on Adrift CTF. I went to capture the flag not seeing anyone, then all of a sudden two people come out of nowhere (probably spawn because nobody else was there) and I get boltshot by 2 people at once! It happened two more times that game, so I'm like, "If you guys want to play like that, I'll play along." They never touched my flag after I started doing that.

Anyway, I despise all the people that I get teamed with that never play the objective games! I understand that this is an achievement forum, but come on! When my whole team is trying for the achievements, the other team is actually playing the game! I'm sick of going 1v6, sometimes 2v6 against other people. It's stupid!
Old 12-11-2012, 08:19 PM   #672
tripleb2k

BobZombie3k's Gamercard

Awards Showcase GRID 2 Award   Submit - Bronze   1,000 Posts
MP is garbage. Camp with Promethean vision and crappy loadouts. This isn't the Halo I thought it would be. Screw the MP achievements.

tripleb2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 09:17 PM   #673
Burnout x360a

M1KE 08's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fechdog View Post
It's a lot more common on smaller maps, and especially objective games on smaller maps. I played on Adrift CTF. I went to capture the flag not seeing anyone, then all of a sudden two people come out of nowhere (probably spawn because nobody else was there) and I get boltshot by 2 people at once! It happened two more times that game, so I'm like, "If you guys want to play like that, I'll play along." They never touched my flag after I started doing that.
Ah, explains why I've not seen it much as I prefer to play the bigger open maps like Valhalla, Exile and whatever.

^ By Xerofox, thanks!
Twitter lSteam

Old 12-11-2012, 11:33 PM   #674
TwiliTerror

smakzillaa's Gamercard
Wreckage is officially the new Ragnarok, that says enough.
TwiliTerror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 03:19 AM   #675
I mak3 big boom

Pound My Rumpus's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by TwiliTerror View Post
Wreckage is officially the new Ragnarok, that says enough.
Opposite for me. Nobody ever votes Wreckage and almost everyone votes Shatter so they can camp the Mantis.

Voting system sucks. Should just pick a random map.
Latest 100%: Bioshock Infinite
"It is an undeniable and may I say fundamental quality of man that when faced with extinction..."
"Every alternative is preferable"
I mak3 big boom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 03:36 AM   #676
TwiliTerror

smakzillaa's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by I mak3 big boom View Post
Opposite for me. Nobody ever votes Wreckage and almost everyone votes Shatter so they can camp the Mantis.

Voting system sucks. Should just pick a random map.
Shatter has also been dominant but it's been more like Exile than Ragnarok (Ragnarok would always get picked over Exile for me). At least Shatter is decent, you command the cliff on Wreckage on Slayer and Oddball and so easy to be spawn killed regardless of Instant Respawn. Feels like Boneyard all over again.
TwiliTerror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 04:39 AM   #677
Ty-Rex
I <3 troy0891 x360a

Tylord824's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 1   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 3   CABS Beta Tester   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 2   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - * Clueless *   Subscriber - Bronze   Micro Guide - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   1,000 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FillmoreSlim View Post

this will never enter my box
i agree hole heartidly
Quote:

Old 12-12-2012, 04:50 AM   #678
Kaiyo

KaiyoOrganiz000's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts
Hate god damn Shatter, gets picked almost every time as those faggots go camping for turrets, Ghosts or Mantises possibly all 3.....
Old 12-12-2012, 04:44 PM   #679
Spock

N7 Spock's Gamercard

I only enjoy about 1/5 matches. Probably less actually. I've never been this frustrated playing a multiplayer game before, but something about Halo 4's multiplayer just makes every death feel like complete bullshit. I never go, "oh, ok, that makes sense" when I die. It's usually, "what the fuck, I started shooting first", "his DMR beat me Assault Rifle at really close range when I didn't miss a shot", "fuck, another power weapon death", "I just got fucked in the ass by grenades", etc. Every time I die it feels like some sort of bullshit and since killcams don't work, I never get to see what happened.

Also, fuck the fucking mounted turrets. They don't work for me, but everyone else fucking gets instant kills.

I like bitching threads.

Last edited by Spock; 12-12-2012 at 05:11 PM.
Old 12-12-2012, 05:47 PM   #680
hoshinosenshi

I'm not sure if this is the right thread to speak about such a matter, but it's been lingering in my mind for over a week now.

Concerning the Specialization code fiasco, it always seemed like a poor continuity choice. I'm sure I'm not the only one to have thought that, perhaps, making the extra Specializations locked away hurts those who can no longer progress. You reach the end of the trail only to not be rewarded for your effort.

I don't want to come off as bitter about the 'Alpha' code being removed from Europe in the alleged countries applicable, but I strongly feel that having a territory removed due to an 'exclusivity contract' does not count as an 'excuse' to remove a regional location from receiving something that they too, were eligible for.

Practice has it that pre-order DLC is usually an incentive to buy that product at the store offering it, as in most cases, you would have a stronger chance of getting something early. In this case, yes, that's true. However, this is also a marketing scheme in the fact that anyone who bought the so alleged Limited Edition not only has to pay extra for the code as well, but as we've seen, if they also reside in the alleged territories, they would get that code regardless. We had no way of knowing this beforehand, and when it happened, this extra code didn't feel like a gift.

It's with that, you can't not ignore how despicable that these extra codes are being traded for other items that, to be honest, aren't deserved of these people asking for them.

In any case, the ordeal has been handled unprofessionally, it's something that shouldn't be overlooked. I would like to continue playing Halo 4, but as I said, there's no reward to reaching the end path, until a new foundation is carried out and can be traveled upon again.
Old 12-13-2012, 03:59 AM   #681
Darth Maleval

Darth Maleval's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiyo View Post
Hate god damn Shatter, gets picked almost every time as those faggots go camping for turrets, Ghosts or Mantises possibly all 3.....

I see your point, but....these new maps have been out less than a week. Of course everyone is going to try especially for the turrets and Mantis. This should be expected for a while until more people finish off their achievements.

I went for those weapons myself. Now that I've gotten the achievements, I can play a more normal game.

Everyone just has to have a little patience. The same thing will happen with the next two map packs as well. Just have to deal with it!!
Old 12-13-2012, 11:51 PM   #682
Spock

N7 Spock's Gamercard

I think I actually hate this game... I have no desire to continue playing.

I like bitching threads.
Old 12-14-2012, 03:02 AM   #683
Xenharmonic

DUS Xenharmonic's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by theNomad View Post
Totally agree, even being a LE buyer and being able to level up when I've wanted. I think the way they've handled the specializations as been a PR disaster. Buy our game, and then level up when we tell you, its bad enough saving the option to just LE buyers but then granting an whole country the right while neglecting EU, NZ & OZ and other countries is shambolic.

I'm in NZ and I got the specialization code...
Xenharmonic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 02:43 PM   #684
Reven Wolfe

THE PYRO ELITE's Gamercard
my main problem is team killing on objective games like CTF. me and my friend play defence the rest of the team usually go for captures but theres always one guy who comes back and kills us for guarding the flag.
also fuck promethian vision the range is stupid
and why the hell do people with recon helmets and red visiors play like dickheads sorry to anyone like that who is not a dickhead but you probebly see my point mainly team killing and have a boltshot 24/7

Last edited by Reven Wolfe; 12-14-2012 at 02:48 PM.
Reven Wolfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 03:55 PM   #685
Kaiyo

KaiyoOrganiz000's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Maleval View Post
I see your point, but....these new maps have been out less than a week. Of course everyone is going to try especially for the turrets and Mantis. This should be expected for a while until more people finish off their achievements.

I went for those weapons myself. Now that I've gotten the achievements, I can play a more normal game.

Everyone just has to have a little patience. The same thing will happen with the next two map packs as well. Just have to deal with it!!
I tried for those achievements and every time some @hole from the other team kills me when I have the mantis, turret or warthog in just to prevent me from getting my achievements. Turrets were the worst, I have some dirt bag camping there usually with a power weapon just to kill me getting turret.
Old 12-14-2012, 07:24 PM   #686
Ty-Rex
I <3 troy0891 x360a

Tylord824's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiyo View Post
I tried for those achievements and every time some @hole from the other team kills me when I have the mantis, turret or warthog in just to prevent me from getting my achievements. Turrets were the worst, I have some dirt bag camping there usually with a power weapon just to kill me getting turret.
Okay, hold on a second. The achievements suck, we all know this, but are you saying you think someone on the other team is an asshole for killing you when you have a mantis, turret or warthog? And you think they are doing it just to stop you from getting an achievement? Cause, you know, the goal is to kill the people on the other team.
Quote:

Old 12-14-2012, 08:33 PM   #687
TikTak

TikTak's Gamercard
Still not had Shatter picked. It's annoying.

Another little annoyance that i've got (I know i'm delayed but) why remove so many emblems. Want my damn capsule back!

TikTak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 10:47 PM   #688
Vectorman953

Zombie Gary Oak's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by TikTak View Post
Still not had Shatter picked. It's annoying.

Another little annoyance that i've got (I know i'm delayed but) why remove so many emblems. Want my damn capsule back!
My friend (who doesnt own the game) came over and threw a hissy fit because they removed the unicorn emblem (included in the limited edition console I think).

I mean he ended up dealing with it after thirty minutes or so, but it was still funny.

Vectorman953 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 11:29 PM   #689
ReverendSID

ReverendSID's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vectorman953 View Post
My friend (who doesnt own the game) came over and threw a hissy fit because they removed the unicorn emblem (included in the limited edition console I think).

I mean he ended up dealing with it after thirty minutes or so, but it was still funny.
I wasn't aware the Unicorn had been in any previous games... *shrug* I still want my damned Phoenix emblem back!
Old 12-15-2012, 12:35 AM   #690
DanFlyhight

Send a message via Yahoo to DanFlyhight

Dan Flyhight's Gamercard
I think my only complaint with the game has been the lack of ammo generally or at least for UNSC weapons.
DanFlyhight is offline   Reply With Quote