Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooter > Halo 4
Subscribe    Donate

Old 11-05-2012, 12:27 AM   #61
Razor Buddha

Arch Infinity's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by The BiggD View Post
ADD an entire mode?!? I don't see that happening no matter how high the demand is.
They are already talking about adding Theater mode for campaign post-launch and they do plan to add quite a bunch of actual content via updates (not dlc) throughout the year.

Spartan Ops is adding whole missions and cutscenes already, so it's not outside the realm of possibility.
Old 11-05-2012, 12:30 AM   #62
Spock

N7 Spock's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Over Achiever - Bronze   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Grenade View Post
The only thing I have to bitch about is that XP cap.
What? I thought I saw something like that in the Machinima live stream, but I thought it just had something to do with the double xp cap. Seriously? A cap for the XP you can earn in a day? That's just... fuckin... what?

I like bitching threads.
Spock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 12:52 AM   #63
Tai_MT

Send a message via AIM to Tai_MT Send a message via MSN to Tai_MT

YouGotOwned12's Gamercard
Cool

Quote:
The only thing I have to bitch about is that XP cap.
People are saying that they have hit it in as little as 3 hours and as much as 7 hours.
Why in the hell would they want to limit how much people will want to play the game...
So that people aren't there just farming the XP. Also, to limit damage dealt to the community with people who have early copies and etcetera. Keeps them from getting too far ahead. I expect the cap will be lifted somewhat a bit after launch.

"It's worth remembering that all reviews are subjective personal opinions and if you personally enjoy the game, then they shouldn't get to you. Unless there's a dispicable nagging little doubt in the back of your mind that maybe you're not having as much fun as you've convinced yourself you're having. And won't go away no matter how many times you try to slap it away with weak excuses."
Tai_MT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 01:22 AM   #64
Hishoa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tai_MT View Post
So that people aren't there just farming the XP. Also, to limit damage dealt to the community with people who have early copies and etcetera. Keeps them from getting too far ahead. I expect the cap will be lifted somewhat a bit after launch.
There are already players hosting live streams showing their SR-70 rank, sadly.
Hishoa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 01:29 AM   #65
LickableLemons7

SublimeThugLife's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 2   Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - DEG23   Micro Guide - Bronze   Staff Club - DeekBoy   Submit - Bronze   2,500 Posts   XBA Promoter   Staff Club - * Clueless *   Over Achiever - Bronze
Total Awards: 10 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spock View Post
What? I thought I saw something like that in the Machinima live stream, but I thought it just had something to do with the double xp cap. Seriously? A cap for the XP you can earn in a day? That's just... fuckin... what?
The cR cap in Reach was 200,000cR per 24 hours. It's a bit of a hefty amount, I've never reached it once.
Old 11-05-2012, 01:31 AM   #66
Razor Buddha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tai_MT View Post
If it isn't lifted, it's completely asinine. None of the other games Halo 4 is trying to emulate with it's progression based rank and unlock system have a xp cap. None. Not Battlefield, not Call of Duty, not Medal of Honor, not Crysis 2, not even Gotham City Imposters. The only other people to ever do such a thing were Bungie, and we all know how well Reach did.
Old 11-05-2012, 01:32 AM   #67
Hishoa

Quote:
Originally Posted by LickableLemons7 View Post
The cR cap in Reach was 200,000cR per 24 hours. It's a bit of a hefty amount, I've never reached it once.
IIRC, it started out at 60k every 24hrs, then they bumped it up to 120k. Whether or not they bumped it up to 200k sometime after that, I don't know.
Old 11-05-2012, 01:55 AM   #68
LickableLemons7

SublimeThugLife's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 2   Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - DEG23   Micro Guide - Bronze   Staff Club - DeekBoy   Submit - Bronze   2,500 Posts   XBA Promoter   Staff Club - * Clueless *   Over Achiever - Bronze
Total Awards: 10 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hishoa View Post
IIRC, it started out at 60k every 24hrs, then they bumped it up to 120k. Whether or not they bumped it up to 200k sometime after that, I don't know.
People were complaining about the cap here:

https://forums.halowaypoint.com//yaf...get-rised.aspx
Old 11-05-2012, 01:59 AM   #69
Hishoa

Quote:
Originally Posted by LickableLemons7 View Post
People were complaining about the cap here:

https://forums.halowaypoint.com//yaf...get-rised.aspx
I understand. I was just saying that the cap was originally 60k for maybe the first two or three months after release, then it was bumped up to 120k because Bungie felt their underwraps automated hammer was "good enough" to catch exploiting cR boosters. I haven't been an avid Halo: Reach player for the past year or so, so I wasn't sure if it had been raised again to 200k.
Old 11-05-2012, 02:31 AM   #70
A Grenade

A Grenade's Gamercard
Discussion going on here. Hopefully we can make this loud enough so that 343 will notice. Please vote in the poll also, any little bit helps.
https://forums.halowaypoint.com/yaf_...-for-343i.aspx

Anyway, I've read that people are hitting the cap within 7 hours of play WITHOUT double xp. If they don't remove this cap I will be so pissed off. It makes no sense to have a cap.

A Grenade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 02:34 AM   #71
Hishoa

Quote:
Discussion going on here. Hopefully we can make this loud enough so that 343 will notice. Please vote in the poll also, any little bit helps.
https://forums.halowaypoint.com/yaf_...-for-343i.aspx

Anyway, I've read that people are hitting the cap within 7 hours of play WITHOUT double xp. If they don't remove this cap I will be so pissed off. It makes no sense to have a cap.
I don't know, but a part of me feels that 343i doesn't give a rat's ass how many people complain on the forums. I've never been to them, but how's the NeoGaf(sp?) forums? It seems the developers are more active and vocal over there; is it possible to raise a stink there instead of Waypoint?

Edit: The only way I'd be for an XP-cap is if it would be temporary so they could weed out methods to cut down and hinder exploits and unethical boosting methods, similar to how Bungie did with Halo: Reach (except getting rid of the cap altogether instead of just raising it.)

Last edited by Hishoa; 11-05-2012 at 02:36 AM.
Old 11-05-2012, 02:36 AM   #72
Razor Buddha

Quote:
I don't know, but a part of me feels that 343i doesn't give a rat's ass how many people complain on the forums. I've never been to them, but how's the NeoGaf(sp?) forums? It seems the developers are more active and vocal over there; is it possible to raise a stink there instead of Waypoint?
They asked the community for their thoughts on the xp cap, so the community made a poll. It's pretty one-sided.
Old 11-05-2012, 02:38 AM   #73
A Grenade

A Grenade's Gamercard
Quote:
Well people complained non-stop a week ago on there because there wasn't an actual skill based ranking system, and now they've announced that it's in post-launch. Honestly, I've never been to NeoGaf but I was about to go check it out after I skim through reddit to see if there is anything going on there.

A Grenade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 02:41 AM   #74
Razor Buddha

Waypoint forums are full of 15 year olds who whine and complain. NeoGAF is full of 20-something college neckbeards who think they know everything about everything. It is incredibly satisfying to troll either site.
Old 11-05-2012, 02:43 AM   #75
DEG23
Wanderlusting

DEG23 x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - DEG23   Donator - Level 5   CABS Beta Tester   Staff - Moderator   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Staff Club - Rajeanero   GRID 2 Award   Staff Club - Grifter Reborn   Staff Club - TemporalWizard   Staff Club - Minty   Staff Club - Nozza x360a   Staff Club - Shinobi273
Total Awards: 23 (more» ...)
Serious question; what is the point of the XP cap. I know they had it in Reach but i wasn't sure why, does it give people unfair advantages?
DEG23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 02:46 AM   #76
Hishoa

Quote:
Originally Posted by DEG23 View Post
Serious question; what is the point of the XP cap. I know they had it in Reach but i wasn't sure why, does it give people unfair advantages?
The original purpose of the cR cap in Halo: Reach was to prevent boosters/challenge resetters from getting obscene amounts of cR in short periods of time should they have escaped a ban. When Bungie finalized the touches on their automated ban-hammer, they "raised" the cap to 120,000 from 60,000. I suppose they had once again raised it to 200,000 sometime after that, but after that first cap increase the reasoning for the credit cap after that is beyond me.
Old 11-05-2012, 02:56 AM   #77
DEG23
Wanderlusting

DEG23 x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - DEG23   Donator - Level 5   CABS Beta Tester   Staff - Moderator   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Staff Club - Rajeanero   GRID 2 Award   Staff Club - Grifter Reborn   Staff Club - TemporalWizard   Staff Club - Minty   Staff Club - Nozza x360a   Staff Club - Shinobi273
Total Awards: 23 (more» ...)
Quote:
The original purpose of the cR cap in Halo: Reach was to prevent boosters/challenge resetters from getting obscene amounts of cR in short periods of time should they have escaped a ban. When Bungie finalized the touches on their automated ban-hammer, they "raised" the cap to 120,000 from 60,000. I suppose they had once again raised it to 200,000 sometime after that, but after that first cap increase the reasoning for the credit cap after that is beyond me.
I guess i can see it from the devs point of view but it seems more of a control thing. Although many believe glitching and using exploits is wrong, i can't see how it would affect anyone if it doesn't give people an advantage.

Thanks for relying, although i can't see it affecting me. I rarely play any game for more than an hour
DEG23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 03:14 AM   #78
Gackt
Banned User

Awards Showcase Staff Club - Gackt   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Gold   SOTF Winner   GSL 8 Winners   The Helping Hand   Bright Idea   Word of Mouth   Donator - Level 1   Submit - Bronze   Artist of the Month
Total Awards: 15 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DEG23 View Post
I guess i can see it from the devs point of view but it seems more of a control thing. Although many believe glitching and using exploits is wrong, i can't see how it would affect anyone if it doesn't give people an advantage.

Thanks for relying, although i can't see it affecting me. I rarely play any game for more than an hour
Boils down to it being easier to just punish everyone including legitimate players than it is to try and find a way to stop boosting. Pretty lazy move on their part imo.
Gackt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 11:28 AM   #79
XRey360

En3rgyDr4g0n's Gamercard
Sorry, but I don't see the problem of the xp Cap. It's a good thing, will prevent to see games where players go only for xp ruining gameplay of others too. It doesn't affect in any bad way, you can find it bad only if you are an xp farmer.

What I would really want to bitch about is that they are not going to reset stats. That is a fucking cheat, it's unfair against those that get the game only after release (gamestop for example ships only in the next days)
PS: I also find stupid that only the fotus armor is unique and all the other things will get unlockable in future. I can understand that they spent 400$ for it, but so what about the normal limited? I agree that pre-order bonuses should be unlockable in future, as not everyone had possibility to preorder, but the Recruit Prime armor skin in the limited should keep limited.

Last edited by XRey360; 11-05-2012 at 11:33 AM.
XRey360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 06:19 PM   #80
Hishoa

Transcribing this from another thread:

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Firefly2 View Post
it will take a few months to max ur rank
No. Not at all. Several players have already played games with players who are ranked SR-110, and the game hasn't even been released yet for most.

In this thread a player describes his friend reaching SR-28 after two hours of Matchmaking.

https://forums.halowaypoint.com/yaf_...-saturday.aspx

343i is foolish for not resetting ranks come release. This statement alone makes me question 343i's reasoning.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mazilion
this makes me wonder why 343i was originally planning on gradually releasing the specializations over time (based on the community's overall progress) when everyone would probably reach SR-70 in like a week.
Apparently players are being ranked up with SR-130's as well (the max rank). Where is this improved trueskill system that 343i vehemently stressed about?

Quote:
SR- 50 is the max rank....
Specializations don't really count and I just got into a game with a SR - 130 -__- the game isn't even out and people are max rank, this is ridiculous.

Last edited by Hishoa; 11-05-2012 at 06:27 PM.
Old 11-05-2012, 06:54 PM   #81
OmegaX06

A bit tired of the multiplayer already. Not enough maps, too few playlists. The loadout system just doesn't feel right in a Halo game. On top of that, 99% of all players pick and start with the DMR/Battle Rifle. Every single game feels like swat without the insta kills. Players end up staying way back and shooting each other. You'l hit someone 3-4 times and they will hide and let their shield recharge. Rinse and Repeat. Melee combat almost never happens either because of it.

I've also unlocked all the weapons, and the DMR still remains the best. The lightrifle is pretty nice, but garbage at close range.

OmegaX06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 07:08 PM   #82
IronBrutzler

Send a message via ICQ to IronBrutzler

IronBrutzler's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by OmegaX06 View Post
A bit tired of the multiplayer already. Not enough maps, too few playlists. The loadout system just doesn't feel right in a Halo game. On top of that, 99% of all players pick and start with the DMR/Battle Rifle. Every single game feels like swat without the insta kills. Players end up staying way back and shooting each other. You'l hit someone 3-4 times and they will hide and let their shield recharge. Rinse and Repeat. Melee combat almost never happens either because of it.

I've also unlocked all the weapons, and the DMR still remains the best. The lightrifle is pretty nice, but garbage at close range.
I think you are playing the wrong maps.

On haven its a melee fest and some nice close combat but on big team slayer the maps really feels like Swat.
IronBrutzler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 07:23 PM   #83
Matt36

MP Nemo36's Gamercard

Awards Showcase XBA Promoter   2,500 Posts
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Reminds me to much of Star Trek/Tron/Mass Effect in places!

RIP The Matt36, Rise MP NEMO36!
Matt36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 07:37 PM   #84
IronBrutzler

Send a message via ICQ to IronBrutzler

IronBrutzler's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt36 View Post
Reminds me to much of Star Trek/Tron/Mass Effect in places!
OMG.

Mass Effect???? rly? why?
IronBrutzler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 10:06 PM   #85
Matt36

MP Nemo36's Gamercard

Haven't you played it? Some level designs (at least the atmosphere and cosmetics of the levels) just resemble it, that's all.

Or maybe ME resembles HALO...

Old 11-05-2012, 10:15 PM   #86
TransonicPower

JJ Diamondz's Gamercard
Please keep it spoiler free. I don't want any spoilers, even if they are tiny like telling how the campaign looks..

Anyways, I'm bitching because I still have approximately 10h 20min till I have the bad boy in my 360. Sleep, go to the store to pick up my LE, pick up my buddy and hammer the pedal on my way home. Speeding limits will be broken.
Old 11-05-2012, 10:16 PM   #87
Gackt
Banned User

Awards Showcase Staff Club - Gackt   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Gold   SOTF Winner   GSL 8 Winners   The Helping Hand   Bright Idea   Word of Mouth   Donator - Level 1   Submit - Bronze   Artist of the Month
Total Awards: 15 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TransonicPower View Post
Please keep it spoiler free. I don't want any spoilers, even if they are tiny like telling how the campaign looks..

Anyways, I'm bitching because I still have approximately 10h 20min till I have the bad boy in my 360. Sleep, go to the store to pick up my LE, pick up my buddy and hammer the pedal on my way home. Speeding limits will be broken.
If you're that worried about spoilers...I suggest you just avoid this forum until you play the game. The thread is for bitching about the game...it's going to have spoilers.
Gackt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 10:26 PM   #88
Matt36

MP Nemo36's Gamercard

What Gackt said. Silly to expect there to be no spoilers in a bitching thread...

Old 11-06-2012, 12:12 PM   #89
Gman2

Send a message via AIM to Gman2 Send a message via MSN to Gman2

C3LLDW3LLER's Gamercard
This playlist is currently unavailable. Please try another playlist.

Anyone else has this? Can't join any multiplayer game.

Edit: Works now, just reset my game.

One thing is the death crys, they're not very loud/non-existent.

Last edited by Gman2; 11-06-2012 at 12:55 PM.
Gman2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 01:53 PM   #90
oozero

ooz3r0's Gamercard
seriously mod's, please do some merging! 3 fucking pages of active threads! Thats cool if you want to delete my thread asking for a merge, but you will keep open a thread about " waiting in line for halo! "

It makes it a real hassle to find the right thread im looking for b/c I have to go 2 pages back to find something that is active today!

That is my only complaint
oozero is offline   Reply With Quote