Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooter > Halo 4
Subscribe    Donate

Old 11-09-2012, 12:00 AM   #211
Combaticon

Dark Paladin II's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gheuh2 View Post
It's such bullshit that people make decisions to boost. No other game has people boosting. Definitely not CoD. Too bad you can't leave the game with no penalty whatsoever.

343 sucks. Game of the FAIL.

And what site are we posting on? It amazes me how many people bash other people for wanting things the easy way or accomplishing things by any means necessary (achievements and challenges) and yet they are on this site doing the very same thing.

Illogical hypocrisy if you ask me.
Old 11-09-2012, 02:22 AM   #212
WalterWhite

Awards Showcase 5,000 Posts   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Bronze
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
After skimming through this a couple days ago I finally fired up the Promethean Vison. Yeah, that's gotta go, it's horrible. I guess it seems like a decent idea to act as a counter to campers but seeing through walls changes the game completely and not for the better. Not to mention that it doesn't do much to counter the camping anyway, there's always a guy in a corner with a shotgun or on top of a building with a sniper-rifle.
Old 11-09-2012, 02:31 AM   #213
Tsaako

tsaako's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Alright, I had go on about how the Promethean vision wasn't a big deal few posts back, I had used it for like 2 games and thought it wasn't all that good. Decided to try out out for most of today. It definitely has its perks and have found myself using it often and even made me come out on top a few times. Also I've had my fair share of deaths and raged a little because of it.

So after thinking about it, I'm still pretty neutral towards it, would I miss it if it went? No, would I still use it if it stayed? Yes.

I finally realised why people was so bitchy about it. I still isn't going to stop me playing anyway. I also don't see it being taken out so I guess you just gotta accept the fact that it's probably going to stay in MP.

P.S - I got real mad today because I was having a horrible game and this prick in camo kept sniping me.
Tsaako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 02:41 AM   #214
WalterWhite

Awards Showcase 5,000 Posts   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Bronze
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsaako View Post
Alright, I had go on about how the Promethean vision wasn't a big deal few posts back, I had used it for like 2 games and thought it wasn't all that good. Decided to try out out for most of today. It definitely has its perks and have found myself using it often and even made me come out on top a few times. Also I've had my fair share of deaths and raged a little because of it.

So after thinking about it, I'm still pretty neutral towards it, would I miss it if it went? No, would I still use it if it stayed? Yes.

I finally realised why people was so bitchy about it. I still isn't going to stop me playing anyway. I also don't see it being taken out so I guess you just gotta accept the fact that it's probably going to stay in MP.

P.S - I got real mad today because I was having a horrible game and this prick in camo kept sniping me.
I've had exactly the same day with this game as you. From Promethean vision down to the annoying sniper.
Old 11-09-2012, 03:12 AM   #215
Crimson x360a
Banned User

Crimson x360a's Gamercard
Lack of firefight, lack of unsc vehicles in mp, map flow sucks, weapons randomly spawn on map (fucking super fuck lame shit donkey balls stupid bullshit) I want to be able to control weapon spawns not have them randomly spawn everywhere. shit fuck damn shit fuck fuck fuck ughhhhhh

Feel a little better....
Crimson x360a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 03:46 AM   #216
Moryii

Moryii's Gamercard
Boltshot needs to go. Now. Whoever came up with the great idea to have you spawn with a shotgun as your primary needs to get hanged.
Moryii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 04:19 AM   #217
diabolicaltommy

one life

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LSkaCjR54lU
diabolicaltommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 04:31 AM   #218
AeroSpartacus

AeroSpartacus's Gamercard
It's a bit annoying that everyone always chooses Ragnarok when it comes up in BTB. It's a fun map, but damn. I literally played Ragnarok FOUR times in a row yesterday. Also a small thing, but I wish the individual commendations had %'s. The categories do, but individual ones only have "4/5" and your progress towards that one.
AeroSpartacus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 04:44 AM   #219
XDG Irish Dude

Send a message via AIM to XDG Irish Dude Send a message via Yahoo to XDG Irish Dude

Master Irishman's Gamercard
NO TEAM SWAT!!!!!! THATS HUGE DISAPPOINTMENT! but otherwise very good game!

XDG Irish Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 04:51 AM   #220
Magicman10893

Magicman10893's Gamercard

Does anyone else's game lag horribly in campaign co-op even if they're the host? I tried helping a friend beat a level and the lag was horrible for us both (over a full second delay between pressing a button and performing an action). I tried hosting the game instead and his lag was gone, but I still retained the horrendous lag. I just played with 2 friends for the Bropocalypse achievement and they had no lag at all I had pretty bad lag as the host. When 7 or 8 of us (the same ones I played campaign with) play together in big team battle we don't experience that kind of lag!
Magicman10893 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 05:35 AM   #221
Kaiyo

KaiyoOrganiz000's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts
Complex is gheyest map ever.
Old 11-09-2012, 05:37 AM   #222
Spock

N7 Spock's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Over Achiever - Bronze   Donator - Level 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magicman10893 View Post
Does anyone else's game lag horribly in campaign co-op even if they're the host?
It has been like this for me and my friend since Halo: Reach. Reach, CE: A, and now 4 are all like this. It's a lot better now since I had an upgrade to my internet, but still, host lags a little.

Also I just reached the daily xp cap in about 5 hours. Did have double XP on the whole time, but still... just wish the cap didn't exist at all. Makes me not want to use my double XP (guess I'll use it just a little at a time) and I didn't enjoy playing online as much the rest of the night. So close to SR30

I like bitching threads.

Last edited by Spock; 11-09-2012 at 05:40 AM.
Spock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 11:09 AM   #223
Wortsenawl

wortsenawl's Gamercard

Sorry for the long post, but the more I have played the less I like.

Below is a list of all my hates of this game and they are many. But basically, it all boils down to the fact they have not made this game any more difficult, they have just unbalanced it in favour of the AI.

They have made it seem artificially difficult by employing cheap tactics and stacking things against you in very unsubtle manner. Much like the COD WaW grenade fest.

I don't like weapons vanishing before my eyes. I have dropped that chain gun to pick up a better primary weapon... hang on, where has the chain gun gone? Oh right, it has despawned and repspawned back where it was originally taken from... great!

I don't like vehicles vanishing. I have exited the vehicle as you need me to push a button... but wait, where has my vehicle gone? Shit! I brought that wingless Ghost up here for a reason, furthermore, I purposely blew the wings off so it would fit through the door to this building. My clever lateral thinking undone by superior lateral thinking on the developers part. "I know, if the players get clever, we will just force depsawn weapons and vehicles."

I don't like that plasma pistols cannot hold a charge any more (well, all of about 5 seconds), yet I see covenant running around with theirs on perma charge.

I don't like that an overloaded plasma pistol has about 2 shots in it, but the covenant fire them continuously without issue.

All the enemies appear have ants in their pants. They never stop moving, just pacing back and forth like some half demented bear in a cage. The devil makes work of idle hands and all that!

I don't like that they seem to spam grenades at me, but I kill them and they aren't carrying any.

I don't like being sniped from across the map by a crawler with a suppressor, or being shot at distance by a Knight with a scattershot and taking half my shield with it, yet when I use these weapons their effective range is about 10 feet!

I don't like the amount of one shot kills that the enemy have at their disposal. Scattershot, Binary Rifles, Incineration cannons, phasing next to you and meleeing you down, rushing and meleeing. Perfect shots from across the map with grenades.

I don't like watching dumbass AI jumping into phantoms and flying into a wall where they are then stuck. It's great to kill them, but it is stupid.

Piloting phantoms has become almost impossible. Never mind that it is impossible to fire the missile and hit anything or rather score a kill against anything.

Grenades are as effective against AI as tennis balls.

The constant phasing / ducking in and out of cover of all enemies with shields means almost impossible to kill at range. That, or they jump in and out of cover when you are scoping them (it irks me watching an enemy constantly run left and right behind a pillar because somehow it know you are aiming at it.

The fact the enemies like the Knights have been designed (it seems to me at least) to take just in excess of a clip to kill. So you unload all you have, their shields are down, but wait... time to reload. Oh joy, they have now phased out and when I next find them, fully charged shields. Let's waste some more ammo on them!

I don't like that when using the light shield, your actual shield cannot recharge (as the hit on the shield is taken as a hit on you). STUPID! What the hell is the point of the light shield then AND why for the love of God can I not run with the shield (even walking pace would be nice)!

I am sure there are more which I will remember when playing.

Oh and a simple one. I don't like cut scenes showing the default weapon, when clearly I am not using that one. Show me with the weapon/s I am actually carrying.

Join Now!

Completed Games - [70] - Retail [54] - Arcade [16]:
**Most Recent**
Mafia II (all DLC)
LoTR: War in the North
Batman Arkham City (+CW DLC)
Track n Field
Secret of Monkey Island: SE
Dark Souls

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChromiumDragon View Post
First, let me say...you deserve to be banned, mocked, and flogged to death with a bag of dicks.

Last edited by Wortsenawl; 11-09-2012 at 12:20 PM.
Wortsenawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 01:21 PM   #224
MrKennedy360

Reclaimer on Legendary. Mammoth is stationary and I've been destroying ghosts and wraiths for over an hour. Destroy a ghost, a wraith appears. Destroy a wraith, 2 ghosts appears. The Covenant ship grab lift just will not appear to let me go into the ship. Not sure if it's glitched or not but grr.
MrKennedy360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 01:35 PM   #225
IXISHADOW

Disturbed XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase XBA Representer   Over Achiever - Silver   x360a Representer   Word of Mouth   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrKennedy360 View Post
Reclaimer on Legendary. Mammoth is stationary and I've been destroying ghosts and wraiths for over an hour. Destroy a ghost, a wraith appears. Destroy a wraith, 2 ghosts appears. The Covenant ship grab lift just will not appear to let me go into the ship. Not sure if it's glitched or not but grr.
Use the jetpack.

Thanks to Xerofox for the awesome sig!
IXISHADOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 02:07 PM   #226
SAM 602

SAM 602's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by WalterWhite View Post
After skimming through this a couple days ago I finally fired up the Promethean Vison. Yeah, that's gotta go, it's horrible. I guess it seems like a decent idea to act as a counter to campers but seeing through walls changes the game completely and not for the better. Not to mention that it doesn't do much to counter the camping anyway, there's always a guy in a corner with a shotgun or on top of a building with a sniper-rifle.
I feel like this will be better countered when people start reaching level 50 and get those specializations like Wetwork... Wetwork specifically says it lessens your visablity on Prome Vis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moryii View Post
Boltshot needs to go. Now. Whoever came up with the great idea to have you spawn with a shotgun as your primary needs to get hanged.
Huh? You can spawn with a shottie as your primary? I can't.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magicman10893 View Post
I tried hosting the game instead and his lag was gone, but I still retained the horrendous lag.
Yep for some reason Co-op Campaign and Spartan Ops lag horrible, no matter the host... War Games works just fine.

In timeline order:
Halo Wars-58/58 100%
Halo Reach-69/69 100%
Halo: CE Anni-44/44 100%
Halo 2 Vista-41/41 100%
Halo 3-79/79 100%
Halo 3: ODST-47/47 100%
Halo Spartan Assault X1-30/30 100%
Halo Spartan Assault 360-27/28 96%
Halo Spartan Assault W8-25/25 100%
(Glitch can't finish 360: Extra Credit)
Halo 4-86/86 100%

SAM 602 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 02:10 PM   #227
wo ai ni xx

wo ai ni xx's Gamercard
Objective game modes are for doing the fucking objectives!!!!!!!

Wo ai ni!! ^.^

<3

wo ai ni xx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 02:27 PM   #228
ll Mr Bubbles ll

Quote:
Originally Posted by XDG Irish Dude View Post
NO TEAM SWAT!!!!!! THATS HUGE DISAPPOINTMENT! but otherwise very good game!
Confirmed Team Swat and Grifball will be available in the next title update.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moryii View Post
You can't spawn with a shotgun as a primary unless your playing flood. Which makes sense. All other game types shotgun is in an ordance drop or power weapon.

Last edited by ll Mr Bubbles ll; 11-09-2012 at 02:30 PM.
ll Mr Bubbles ll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 03:19 PM   #229
AeroSpartacus

AeroSpartacus's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by ll Mr Bubbles ll View Post
You can't spawn with a shotgun as a primary unless your playing flood. Which makes sense. All other game types shotgun is in an ordance drop or power weapon.
I think he just meant the fact that a charged up Boltshot is basically a shotgun. It isn't *quite* as bad, though, since there's a pretty short period that it stays charged, so you have to have decent timing to fire in time/not too late.
AeroSpartacus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 03:35 PM   #230
Tsaako

tsaako's Gamercard

Has anyone else noticed when your walking / running around you seem to get stuck on nothing as if you've hit something that needs to be jumped over? I haven't noticed it much in MP but its slightly annoying in campaign / spartan ops.
Old 11-09-2012, 04:30 PM   #231
Opiate42

Location: Canada, likely stuck in a snowdrift...with no shovel

Opiate42's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Gold   Staff Club - Rajeanero   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Submit - Bronze   XBA Promoter   Staff Club - DEG23   Over Achiever - Bronze   5,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 9 (more» ...)
Wtf 343?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsaako View Post
Has anyone else noticed when your walking / running around you seem to get stuck on nothing as if you've hit something that needs to be jumped over? I haven't noticed it much in MP but its slightly annoying in campaign / spartan ops.
Yep. Kinda sucks getting stuck on the terrain in any game and I've noticed it happen more in Halo 4 than any other previous Halo.

What really irks me is the fact that unlike previous Halo's where you could drive the Warthogs, Ghosts and Scorpions over just about anything which made them incredibly fun getting them into insane places, here they can seemingly get stopped by a 6 inch curb or a small fern that need watering, any old piece of debris.... WTF 343? Why?

Hopped into an MP game and found that the Warthog drives like a fucking helium filled rubber ball now too. Any time I even tapped the tiniest portion of the front end into anything like a rock outcropping or wall it popped up like fucking mad and rolled over, even at low speeds. Stupid as it drives fine in the campaign (other than that whiny engine sound).

My bro and I have been a warthog team for years in Halo. I drive and he guns. It's fucking bad when he was gunning but had to ask "who the fuck is driving??!?" after our umpteenth flip.

Once again: WTF 343??!?!?

There's some real WTF buggy moments in this game.

Then on the mammoth in mission 5, we died after getting the designator and where does it spawn us? Not ON the mammoth, but outside on the ground under it's front wheel as it's moving. That happened to me and my bro and we couldn't' help but laugh. Campaign spawn kill. Fucknuttery.

The grenades in MP are either invisible or in another plain of existence. Have gotten a few grenade kills but am getting real pissed about the glitchy factor.

Stuck a guys toe and I'm wathing him run away with it on his foot... it blew up and he didn't die, not even a shield fluctuation. Again the same game later, I watched helplessly as my sticky grenade literally sailed through the chest of another guy and blew up right behind him. In other games I've seen frags blow up right at guys feet and no damage or deaths.

Spoiler! (click here to reveal)

"Hit it"

Last edited by Opiate42; 11-09-2012 at 04:32 PM.
Opiate42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 04:56 PM   #232
XDG Irish Dude

Send a message via AIM to XDG Irish Dude Send a message via Yahoo to XDG Irish Dude

Master Irishman's Gamercard
Quote:
Confirmed Team Swat and Grifball will be available in the next title update.
SWEET!! when??

XDG Irish Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 05:09 PM   #233
Tsaako

tsaako's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by XDG Irish Dude View Post
SWEET!! when??
?!?!?!

I'm seriously suffering from Grifball withdrawal symtoms! :@
Old 11-09-2012, 08:16 PM   #234
Spock

N7 Spock's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Over Achiever - Bronze   Donator - Level 1
I just don't want to play multiplayer anymore. Everything feels like bullshit when I die. All day today and last night have just sucked for me.

Everyone else's DMR at any range kills me in 4 shots. Mine takes like 7 at every range when I hit them in the skull each time.

I like bitching threads.
Spock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 08:28 PM   #235
Ty-Rex
video games

Tylord824's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 1   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 3   CABS Beta Tester   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 2   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - * Clueless *   Subscriber - Bronze   Micro Guide - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 10 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spock View Post
Everyone else's DMR at any range kills me in 4 shots. Mine takes like 7 at every range when I hit them in the skull each time.
I've been having this same problem. The bloom aspect of it still sucks from Reach. I feel like I try and pace my shots, but I get killed by the guy shooting as fast as possible, then I try and shoot quickly and I just end up missing headshots. It doesn't help that it's really hard to see the reticule blooming.

Ty-Rex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 08:46 PM   #236
Sanchezz4387

Sanchezz4387's Gamercard
1, what is team swat?
2, why do people run off solo instead of sticking together
Sanchezz4387 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 08:49 PM   #237
Flibbity Floid

Deadpool Psycko's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Referrals - Bronze
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanchezz4387 View Post
1, what is team swat?
1. Swat is a mode that is geared towards Headshots. Headshots are instant kills, there's no mini map and no shields if I'm not mistaken.

2. People want their own kills rather than making it a team effort.

My Extra Life Fundraiser Page - http://www.extra-life.org/index.cfm?...ipantID=101865 -
Flibbity Floid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 08:49 PM   #238
SAM 602

SAM 602's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gheuh2 View Post
I've been having this same problem. The bloom aspect of it still sucks from Reach. I feel like I try and pace my shots, but I get killed by the guy shooting as fast as possible, then I try and shoot quickly and I just end up missing headshots. It doesn't help that it's really hard to see the reticule blooming.
I was pretty sure they had did away with the bloom unless I'm wrong don't have my xbox close at hand to confirm....

In timeline order:
Halo Wars-58/58 100%
Halo Reach-69/69 100%
Halo: CE Anni-44/44 100%
Halo 2 Vista-41/41 100%
Halo 3-79/79 100%
Halo 3: ODST-47/47 100%
Halo Spartan Assault X1-30/30 100%
Halo Spartan Assault 360-27/28 96%
Halo Spartan Assault W8-25/25 100%
(Glitch can't finish 360: Extra Credit)
Halo 4-86/86 100%

SAM 602 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 08:49 PM   #239
Tsaako

tsaako's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanchezz4387 View Post
1, what is team swat?
This is from a google search;

Quote:
Team SWAT is a Halo 2, Halo 3 and Halo: Reach Matchmaking gametype. As of May 2008, Team SWAT is a ranked playlist in Halo 3, after being featured in two Double EXP Weekend playlists. The player has no shields, no motion tracker, and spawns with a weapon that is well suited for obtaining headshots. Common starting weapons are the Battle Rifle, Covenant Carbine, and the M6C Magnum handgun. In Halo 3 matchmaking, Team SWAT features either Battle Rifles and Magnums, or just Magnums or Shotguns. Mongoose ATVs can be found on maps such as Snowbound and Isolation. Inexperienced players should avoid this playlist as it can be particularly frustrating if they are not used to fast-paced gameplay. On October 5, 2010, Team SWAT became an official playlist in Halo: Reach multiplayer.[1] In Reach, Team SWAT features the DMR and the M6D Magnum, and games with only the Magnum.

The lack of shields can significantly increase the speed of the game due to almost instantaneous kills, though there is often a tendency for people to be more cautious due to this vulnerability. Head shots are crucial, as they will take down one, or in some cases with the Battle Rifle, two or three opponents with a single burst.
I know what you mean by people running off and going solo but chances are if you want to find a team that sticks together find some friends or people willing to party up.
Old 11-09-2012, 08:56 PM   #240
Moryii

Moryii's Gamercard
Quote:
Boltshot is a secondary weapon that you can spawn with. If you charge it up it acts as a shotgun, that is still pretty powerful. It's incredibly annoying.
Moryii is offline   Reply With Quote