PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password
 

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Action > Assassin's Creed III
Subscribe    Donate

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-01-2012, 12:47 PM   #1
Pavonis
 
Pavonis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 286

Pav0nis's Gamercard
Original Gamer Achievement Guide (Fanorona, Morris + Bowls)

Hey everyone!

I created a guide for the Original Gamer achievement which includes completing Fanorona, Morris and Bowls in the Homestead. Hope you enjoy!


Any suggestions, comments, questions and concerns feel free to post!
__________________

►►► Enjoy my guides? Subscribe! http://bit.ly/VwKZ8y ◄◄◄


Like on Facebook: http://on.fb.me/ZQeXV8
Follow me on Twitter: http://bit.ly/UMMeuS
__________________________________________________
Pavonis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 01:19 PM   #2
Rivercurse
 
Rivercurse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: London
Posts: 2,504
Send a message via Skype™ to Rivercurse

Rivercurse's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Over Achiever - Bronze   1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Think I read somewhere that the first 7 AI moves in Fanorona and Morris are random, purely so people can't make guides where everyone can just follow moves in the perfect game.

Think i'm gonna find this achievement tough. I won Morris the first time I played but im pretty sure that was on beginner. Fanorona I didn't enjoy at all when I played it on the ship.
__________________

"Everything we've ever known. It's all hanging by a thread."

Razor's EdgeDark WitnessRequiem

Rivercurse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 02:08 PM   #3
VVh1pCr3am
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 438

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Thanks! I used your method (with some slightly different moves towards the end) for Morris to get the achievement.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rivercurse View Post
Think I read somewhere that the first 7 AI moves in Fanorona and Morris are random, purely so people can't make guides where everyone can just follow moves in the perfect game.

Think i'm gonna find this achievement tough. I won Morris the first time I played but im pretty sure that was on beginner. Fanorona I didn't enjoy at all when I played it on the ship.
No, you will get some games where the CPU makes the exact same moves as in the video.
VVh1pCr3am is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 03:02 PM   #4
Pavonis
 
Pavonis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 286

Pav0nis's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by VVh1pCr3am View Post
Thanks! I used your method (with some slightly different moves towards the end) for Morris to get the achievement.



No, you will get some games where the CPU makes the exact same moves as in the video.
Glad it helped!
__________________

►►► Enjoy my guides? Subscribe! http://bit.ly/VwKZ8y ◄◄◄


Like on Facebook: http://on.fb.me/ZQeXV8
Follow me on Twitter: http://bit.ly/UMMeuS
__________________________________________________
Pavonis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 04:10 PM   #5
Nutella
 
Nutella's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rivercurse View Post
Think I read somewhere that the first 7 AI moves in Fanorona and Morris are random, purely so people can't make guides where everyone can just follow moves in the perfect game.

Think i'm gonna find this achievement tough. I won Morris the first time I played but im pretty sure that was on beginner. Fanorona I didn't enjoy at all when I played it on the ship.

Also got the same moves in Fanorona.

Thanks a lot Pavonis, didn't need to scratch my head
Nutella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 05:10 PM   #6
BiggD
Phantasmagorical Beast
 
BiggD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 11,691

BiggDope's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Emerald   Road Map - Silver   Achievement Guide - Silver   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   CABS Beta Tester   10,000 posts   Subscriber - Bronze   Micro Guide - Diamond   XBA Promoter   A+ Thread Award   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 11 (more» ...)
This helped a ton. Thanks man!
__________________

Thanks to XeroFox for the mighty signature <3

Borderlands 2 | XBA Blog
BiggD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 05:15 PM   #7
lucaspl
 
lucaspl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 113

LuCashino's Gamercard
Thanks a lot! After 10 attempts, Achilles finally followed the same steps as the AI in your game haha My deepest gratitude as it seemed impossible to win by myself lol Now, off to play the other two games.
lucaspl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 05:25 PM   #8
warrenpaul
 
warrenpaul's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: UK
Posts: 513

Woz DJ's Gamercard
ive already won 2 games of Fanorona and Morris, but that was on the boat at the start so im guessing it dont count?
__________________


warrenpaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 05:37 PM   #9
Pavonis
 
Pavonis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 286

Pav0nis's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by warrenpaul View Post
ive already won 2 games of Fanorona and Morris, but that was on the boat at the start so im guessing it dont count?
Sadly they do not count since they were not on the Homestead.
__________________

►►► Enjoy my guides? Subscribe! http://bit.ly/VwKZ8y ◄◄◄


Like on Facebook: http://on.fb.me/ZQeXV8
Follow me on Twitter: http://bit.ly/UMMeuS
__________________________________________________
Pavonis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 05:37 PM   #10
Pavonis
 
Pavonis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 286

Pav0nis's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucaspl View Post
Thanks a lot! After 10 attempts, Achilles finally followed the same steps as the AI in your game haha My deepest gratitude as it seemed impossible to win by myself lol Now, off to play the other two games.
Glad it helped! I'm also happy to know that they AI will sometimes follow the exact same patterns!
__________________

►►► Enjoy my guides? Subscribe! http://bit.ly/VwKZ8y ◄◄◄


Like on Facebook: http://on.fb.me/ZQeXV8
Follow me on Twitter: http://bit.ly/UMMeuS
__________________________________________________
Pavonis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 07:59 PM   #11
Crimson Ridley
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 6,121

Awards Showcase Subscriber - Bronze   Staff Club - DEG23   Over Achiever - Platinum   Staff Club - dakisbac   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Referrals - Bronze   5,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1   Word of Mouth
Total Awards: 9 (more» ...)
I started these games thinking I would smash them, because I'm pretty good at these things. Now, I'm glad I'll never have to play Fano-fucking-whatever in real life. I can consistently get him down to 3 pieces left, and he always finds a way to knock me down to 0 from whatever number I have!
Crimson Ridley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 08:05 PM   #12
Floydian x Slip
 
Floydian x Slip's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: AB, Canada
Posts: 309

Floydian x Slip's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Callum x360a View Post
I started these games thinking I would smash them, because I'm pretty good at these things. Now, I'm glad I'll never have to play Fano-fucking-whatever in real life. I can consistently get him down to 3 pieces left, and he always finds a way to knock me down to 0 from whatever number I have!
I'm glad I'm not the only one! Three pieces every time, I wanted to flip the table into his smug-ass, finger-tapping face. I'm sorry for asking, but I am at work and cannot view the video; where are the locations for the other two games? And is Fanorona available to play on the Homestead against a different opponent?
__________________
Floydian x Slip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 08:11 PM   #13
Pavonis
 
Pavonis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 286

Pav0nis's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Floydian x Slip View Post
I'm glad I'm not the only one! Three pieces every time, I wanted to flip the table into his smug-ass, finger-tapping face. I'm sorry for asking, but I am at work and cannot view the video; where are the locations for the other two games? And is Fanorona available to play on the Homestead against a different opponent?
Hey Floydian,

The other two locations are on the Homestead as well. They are south from the Manor and are right near each other. To my knowledge there is only Achilles to face for Fanorona! Try the strategy in my video and it will work eventually (according to a poster above, thanks!).
__________________

►►► Enjoy my guides? Subscribe! http://bit.ly/VwKZ8y ◄◄◄


Like on Facebook: http://on.fb.me/ZQeXV8
Follow me on Twitter: http://bit.ly/UMMeuS
__________________________________________________
Pavonis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 08:15 PM   #14
Floydian x Slip
 
Floydian x Slip's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: AB, Canada
Posts: 309

Floydian x Slip's Gamercard
Ok, thank you. I found checkers (which is so laughably easy) but had yet to see the other two. I just might have to use your video for Achilles! He's been robbing me blind
__________________
Floydian x Slip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 03:58 AM   #15
scrummers
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 260

scrummers's Gamercard
I hate fanorona I'd get him good take out like 6 pieces then he come and just destroy me. Hate his smug ass so cocky about it too when he makes a good move.
__________________
scrummers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 04:40 AM   #16
Pavonis
 
Pavonis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 286

Pav0nis's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by scrummers View Post
I hate fanorona I'd get him good take out like 6 pieces then he come and just destroy me. Hate his smug ass so cocky about it too when he makes a good move.
It was very frustrating for me as well. If you really want to do it in one shot sit down and look at every possible situation (yours vs opponents) that moving a piece will make. Takes a long time, but, you will make less mistakes and greatly increase your odds of winning.
__________________

►►► Enjoy my guides? Subscribe! http://bit.ly/VwKZ8y ◄◄◄


Like on Facebook: http://on.fb.me/ZQeXV8
Follow me on Twitter: http://bit.ly/UMMeuS
__________________________________________________
Pavonis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 12:53 PM   #17
Snake Sock
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 16

Snake Sock's Gamercard
Thanks a LOT for the Fanorona guide. I honestly must have spent a solid 3-4 hours trying to beat this legit. It was heartbreaking to lose with advantages of like 5 to 2 and doing some great combo only for him to once twice as good. So thanks a lot

- If you follow the videos exact move and quit when a different move is made you should get the exact scenario after about 5-10 games.
Snake Sock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 01:41 PM   #18
Pavonis
 
Pavonis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 286

Pav0nis's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snake Sock View Post
Thanks a LOT for the Fanorona guide. I honestly must have spent a solid 3-4 hours trying to beat this legit. It was heartbreaking to lose with advantages of like 5 to 2 and doing some great combo only for him to once twice as good. So thanks a lot

- If you follow the videos exact move and quit when a different move is made you should get the exact scenario after about 5-10 games.
There you have it! Congratulations! Two people have confirmed the AI will eventually follow the same pattern so don't give up!
__________________

►►► Enjoy my guides? Subscribe! http://bit.ly/VwKZ8y ◄◄◄


Like on Facebook: http://on.fb.me/ZQeXV8
Follow me on Twitter: http://bit.ly/UMMeuS
__________________________________________________
Pavonis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 03:15 PM   #19
Tuzky
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 21

Daykyri's Gamercard
Nice guide. Here you got mine playing first:

Morris and Fanorona

Tuzky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 04:18 PM   #20
bennyboy585
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 22

Bennyboy585's Gamercard
I'm so burnt out on this achievement I must of played "Nine Man Morris" about 200+ times i cant seem to get the same moves as in any of the guides I've seen and I sure as hell cant win it on my own...its like every move he makes is perfect!

I think I'm done trying for a long while.
bennyboy585 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 04:43 PM   #21
o iCeBoArDs o
 
o iCeBoArDs o's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Germany
Posts: 187

IB A IL O U x's Gamercard
I cant even try Morris and Bowls because there is no Icon to play it
__________________
I am sorry for my english, I am from Germany and I do my best to write everything correctly

So please be tolerant
o iCeBoArDs o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 04:56 PM   #22
Pavonis
 
Pavonis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 286

Pav0nis's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by bennyboy585 View Post
I'm so burnt out on this achievement I must of played "Nine Man Morris" about 200+ times i cant seem to get the same moves as in any of the guides I've seen and I sure as hell cant win it on my own...its like every move he makes is perfect!

I think I'm done trying for a long while.
Morris had to be the easiest for me. Use my strategy of chips on both corners and then chip one of the corners. Then for sure you can get to kill one of their pieces. Make sure to stop their 3 whenever you can.
__________________

►►► Enjoy my guides? Subscribe! http://bit.ly/VwKZ8y ◄◄◄


Like on Facebook: http://on.fb.me/ZQeXV8
Follow me on Twitter: http://bit.ly/UMMeuS
__________________________________________________
Pavonis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 04:57 PM   #23
Pavonis
 
Pavonis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 286

Pav0nis's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by o iCeBoArDs o View Post
I cant even try Morris and Bowls because there is no Icon to play it
You have to complete enough Homestead missions to unlock these games.
__________________

►►► Enjoy my guides? Subscribe! http://bit.ly/VwKZ8y ◄◄◄


Like on Facebook: http://on.fb.me/ZQeXV8
Follow me on Twitter: http://bit.ly/UMMeuS
__________________________________________________
Pavonis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 06:07 PM   #24
Quid Squid
 
Quid Squid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 1,355

elKamikazeSquid's Gamercard
Cannot seem to win at Morris. Trying to follow the guide but cant the video moves a bit too quickly while trying to listen to what you're saying. Won once in Boston but just cannot on the homestead
Quid Squid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 06:44 PM   #25
Tuzky
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 21

Daykyri's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quid Squid View Post
Cannot seem to win at Morris. Trying to follow the guide but cant the video moves a bit too quickly while trying to listen to what you're saying. Won once in Boston but just cannot on the homestead
The clue is trying to block his moves, and not trying to do a three stones in a row...
Tuzky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 06:53 PM   #26
Quid Squid
 
Quid Squid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 1,355

elKamikazeSquid's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuzky View Post
The clue is trying to block his moves, and not trying to do a three stones in a row...
My problem is when I get to the end when he has 3 I fall apart.

I also hate the damn shadow covering up 1/4 of the board.
If this fat asshole waves his hand over the board one more time....

Oh the frustration

Edit: finally did it, no idea what I did though. Had to do bowls again though, the story mission didn't count as a win for the achievement.

Last edited by Quid Squid; 11-02-2012 at 07:42 PM.
Quid Squid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 08:13 PM   #27
Pavonis
 
Pavonis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 286

Pav0nis's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quid Squid View Post
My problem is when I get to the end when he has 3 I fall apart.

I also hate the damn shadow covering up 1/4 of the board.
If this fat asshole waves his hand over the board one more time....

Oh the frustration

Edit: finally did it, no idea what I did though. Had to do bowls again though, the story mission didn't count as a win for the achievement.
Glad you got it!
__________________

►►► Enjoy my guides? Subscribe! http://bit.ly/VwKZ8y ◄◄◄


Like on Facebook: http://on.fb.me/ZQeXV8
Follow me on Twitter: http://bit.ly/UMMeuS
__________________________________________________
Pavonis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 08:49 PM   #28
W4N73D
 
W4N73D's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 23

ll W4N73D ll's Gamercard
man im so happy the one on the boat doesn't count
W4N73D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 11:28 PM   #29
Pavonis
 
Pavonis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 286

Pav0nis's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by W4N73D View Post
man im so happy the one on the boat doesn't count
It was way to easy! I beat them both the first try on the boat.
__________________

►►► Enjoy my guides? Subscribe! http://bit.ly/VwKZ8y ◄◄◄


Like on Facebook: http://on.fb.me/ZQeXV8
Follow me on Twitter: http://bit.ly/UMMeuS
__________________________________________________
Pavonis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 11:46 PM   #30
Floydian x Slip
 
Floydian x Slip's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: AB, Canada
Posts: 309

Floydian x Slip's Gamercard
I fucking did it! I beat Achilles and the inkeeper last night after much frustration. I was so happy, lol, such a feeling of accomplishment. Now to unlock Bowls and get my acheesmo


Edit: And the games I won, I fucking spanked 'em. 7 pieces left in Morris and 6 for Fanorona. Very proud.
__________________

Last edited by Floydian x Slip; 11-02-2012 at 11:49 PM.
Floydian x Slip is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT. The time now is 01:43 AM.