PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Racing > Need for Speed: Most Wanted (2012)
Subscribe    Donate

Old 11-03-2012, 10:17 PM   #31
Kroesis

Kroesis's Gamercard
I'd rather Criterion ditch the NFS brand and give us Paradise 2, with take down camera's intact, throw in the cop chases and allow people to 'collect' rivals dented number plates (much like the photos you could get in paradise) after taking them down. If I wanted realism, I'd go Forza but I prefer the Burnout arcade madness.

Oh and despite the fact that I personally never purchase a game that I know nothing about, I work full time as well as have a young daughter to look after and sort the house out, I still had enough time to see that this game was a NFS version of Paradise!
Old 11-03-2012, 10:29 PM   #32
StickyFingers

Rock Bogard's Gamercard
If you're a Burnout fan and/or a NFS fan, then this game should be in your console/pc.

And with all the media that came out since E3 up untill the release, you or any other person should not be complaining about what is known about this game.

This game is my new crack after Paradise. MW will be my most played racer until the succesor of Paradise comes out.

Stop the hating, go to your Forza. We understand now we don't need you in MW.

And please no more underground, that craze is over, it faded away, worst series ever.
StickyFingers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 10:49 PM   #33
Kroesis

Kroesis's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by StickyFingers View Post
If you're a Burnout fan and/or a NFS fan, then this game should be in your console/pc.

And with all the media that came out since E3 up untill the release, you or any other person should not be complaining about what is known about this game.

This game is my new crack after Paradise. MW will be my most played racer until the succesor of Paradise comes out.

And please no more underground, that craze is over, it faded away, worst series ever.
What he said... just in fewer words..
Old 11-03-2012, 10:51 PM   #34
rockst4rmama

rockst4rmama's Gamercard
bummer

if only there were demos for every game...
rockst4rmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 10:56 PM   #35
SatNiteEduardo

satniteeduardo's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by StickyFingers View Post

I am a fan of both series but this game is the worst game to have ever been labelled NFS or Burnout.

I would love for it to stay in my console and always say play me but every time I play it I cringe and do not feel like playing it.
Old 11-03-2012, 11:23 PM   #36
pauly_27

I think "truly awful game" is a bit exaggerated, but I do regret buying this.

All I have heard from people is how it's "like a new Burnout" Well good for you, because I wanted Need For Speed, somewhere along the lines of the much superior Hot Pursuit - not Burnout Paradise 1.5.

Oh, and the multiplayer is utter garbage. Just let me pick lobbies of things I actually want to do instead of forcing on me lame "fun" events where I'm eliminated before I even got to read the instructions of what I was actually supposed to do.

Finally (as already brought up) Enough with the pointless stuff popping up in my HUD every 30 seconds.

Very disappointed with this. Going to get the achievements and trade it in ASAP.
pauly_27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 12:06 AM   #37
Turkdaballa6

T6 EVO's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by KirbyTheAlmighty View Post
Wut. You're kidding, right?

I disagree, but to each their own.

"There is no progression, except for the progression."

How dare these guys focus on racing in a racing game.
WHAT ARE THEY THINKING
I do like your sarcasm, sadly it does not get any of your points across even though my post was actually terrible. I was tired and it still does not change the fact that this game is terrible.

Doing 5 races and unlocking x, y, z might be called progression on paper.

As for customizing, ever owned a car in RL where you actually spend money customizing? I guess not, then you would know what I actually meant. Racing/customizing, the gear head community wants more than a 10 year old kid just wanting to "race". I have done everything except a build block (cams, bore/stroke on oem done) so please spare me I just want hop in a car and race. Racing bone stock is funny... If Criterion intended this game to be for people to just jumping and racing for their market, great job. If not, epic fail.

I can see how people might be offended when said Forza is compared. Sure thing, Most Wanted is completely arcade. But guess what... "Racing" game is what the genre is called. Yes, I will compared at least the graphics to Forza and it looks TERRIBLE.

I am not expecting the game to be realistic in the sense of driving and what not, its NFS.... And hot pursuit wasnt and I loved that game.
Turkdaballa6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 12:20 AM   #38
pauly_27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turkdaballa6 View Post
I do like your sarcasm, sadly it does not get any of your points across even though my post was actually terrible. I was tired and it still does not change the fact that this game is terrible.

Doing 5 races and unlocking x, y, z might be called progression on paper.

As for customizing, ever owned a car in RL where you actually spend money customizing? I guess not, then you would know what I actually meant. Racing/customizing, the gear head community wants more than a 10 year old kid just wanting to "race". I have done everything except a build block (cams, bore/stroke on oem done) so please spare me I just want hop in a car and race. Racing bone stock is funny... If Criterion intended this game to be for people to just jumping and racing for their market, great job. If not, epic fail.

I can see how people might be offended when said Forza is compared. Sure thing, Most Wanted is completely arcade. But guess what... "Racing" game is what the genre is called. Yes, I will compared at least the graphics to Forza and it looks TERRIBLE.

I am not expecting the game to be realistic in the sense of driving and what not, its NFS.... And hot pursuit wasnt and I loved that game.

No offence bro, but get some sleep, come back and edit your post.
Old 11-04-2012, 03:10 AM   #39
Syrette

rolemodel86's Gamercard
I love how so many gamers struggle to comprehend the idea of 'middle ground'.

I.e. that just because they don't get on well with a game, it isn't automatically "crap", "shit" or whatever hyperbole comes to mind. No, it's either great or awful, even when deep down they can see how others might like it when they do not.

There's been plenty of games released over the years that I didn't like but still managed to appreciate that others might and thus they're not really bad games per se.

Not saying that anyone calling it awful is wrong or exaggerating, just that some are prone to doing so.

What I REALLY think is silly is how people read so much into a name. This is not a sequel to the original Most Wanted. Hence it's also called Most Wanted - not Most Wanted 2. It has references to the other game but that's all (aside from the fact that it's an arcade street racing game with luxury cars). The 'Most Wanted' is what it is, the top 10 drivers. No storyline, no continuation. People are comparing this to something they probably shouldn't, and end up getting annoyed because it doesn't have a lot to do with Most Wanted (2005 - a game I've never played for the record).

They really should have called it something different, it's created confusion.
Old 11-04-2012, 03:16 AM   #40
AHR98

a6h3r1's Gamercard
yup, this one wasn't on par with hot pursuit
Old 11-04-2012, 03:19 AM   #41
Syrette

rolemodel86's Gamercard
I've got to question how many hours you guys have put into it, it's not been out that long.
Old 11-04-2012, 03:34 AM   #42
SatNiteEduardo

Quote:
Originally Posted by pauly_27 View Post
I think "truly awful game" is a bit exaggerated,
I don't.

I have approx 60,000 gamerscore from racing games and my judgement is this is the worst game I have played in a long time.

I honestly can not see what there is to like about it other than licensed cars. Any character Burnout Paradise had is not there and any sense of purpose that was in Most Wanted is not there.

So sorry my judgement is that this game is bottom of the pile. I do not say that about every game.

I was not a huge fan of The Run but could see what it had going for it. I liked Hot Pursuit. Not a hige fan of Undercover but at least I liked the graphics in that and could see what it hat going for it.

MW 2012 I just do not feel like putting the disk in the tray and for me and racing games that is saying something.
Old 11-04-2012, 03:37 AM   #43
Syrette

rolemodel86's Gamercard
Okay - we get that you don't like it.

Old 11-04-2012, 04:40 AM   #44
Kroesis

Kroesis's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turkdaballa6 View Post
I have (and then I grew up and decided that I had better things to spend my money on), but even I know the difference between an involved sim style driving game like forza vs an easily accessible arcade game like Most Wanted. I don't mind that, other than the mods (car isn't 'stock' then) and car colours (I guess I wouldn't have minded paint jobs like Paradise though), there isn't any of that bodywork or tuning crap. I just jump in, race, have fun and try to smash other peoples records. Much more fun than spending time in menus, tinkering with tuning jobs and stuff to try to squeeze a fraction more speed out of my chavved up car just to be noticed more in a game.

Last edited by Kroesis; 11-04-2012 at 10:41 AM.
Kroesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 05:30 AM   #45
jonnyMAGNUM

Send a message via AIM to jonnyMAGNUM

must be a curse's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by KirbyTheAlmighty View Post
Wut. You're kidding, right?

I disagree, but to each their own.

"There is no progression, except for the progression."

How dare these guys focus on racing in a racing game.
WHAT ARE THEY THINKING
You took the words out of my mouth.

jonnyMAGNUM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 08:16 AM   #46
Wiliuzuk

VILIUS169's Gamercard
What is the point of moaning about nfs most wanted 2012 on the forums and creating threads like THIS game is awful. If you don't like it , don't play it. I do love it, played 17 hours so far... 5th on the most wanted list now
Wiliuzuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 10:32 AM   #47
pauly_27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiliuzuk View Post
What is the point of moaning about nfs most wanted 2012 on the forums and creating threads like THIS game is awful. If you don't like it , don't play it. I do love it, played 17 hours so far... 5th on the most wanted list now

Except the forums are the place for people to come together and discuss their opinions on the game.

Usually, I'd write off a topic marked "truly awful game" as troll bait, but I can see why a bunch of people might think that about this - I am personally somewhere in the middle of the two camps, but I probably would not have bought this after reading a topic like this (I had no interest in a sub par Burnout clone) whilst others might think that it sounds like the game for them. Regardless, it's worthy of discussion, even if it happens to be against your personal opinion.

I just wish I had done a bit more research on the game before I bought it, but I genuinely expected the best parts of the original Most Wanted and Hot Pursuit to come together in this game, as that would have been my ideal NFS game.
Old 11-05-2012, 01:42 PM   #48
Turkdaballa6

T6 EVO's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by pauly_27 View Post
No offence bro, but get some sleep, come back and edit your post.
All good, I do agree with you haha... I do need to get some damn sleep. Ain't no rest for the wicked.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kroesis View Post
I have (and then I grew up and decided that I had better things to spend my money on), but even I know the difference between an involved sim style driving game like forza vs an easily accessible arcade game like Most Wanted. I don't mind that, other than the mods (car isn't 'stock' then) and car colours (I guess I wouldn't have minded paint jobs like Paradise though), there isn't any of that bodywork or tuning crap. I just jump in, race, have fun and try to smash other peoples records. Much more fun than spending time in menus, tinkering with tuning jobs and stuff to try to squeeze a fraction more speed out of my chavved up car just to be noticed more in a game.
Growing up part is something I cant really agree. There are always better things to spend money on than cars since well, cars are depreciating assets and its "dumb" to spend money on. I do have my own business, I do work quite a bit on it thus my non-coherent post (which I apologize for). I can never say no to the joy of working on your own car, enjoy driving it. It's an expensive hobby. Some people go golfing, some hunting, I work on my cars.
Turkdaballa6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 03:49 PM   #49
EchoPark

Send a message via MSN to EchoPark

EchoPark's Gamercard
Wow I mean before buying a game i need to read every review and news release of a game! Who knew I mean I've been buying games for years and done quite well without doing that. But seemly I've been doing it all wrong. Not everyone has the time to read news posts and watch videos about a game, some ppl take a chance and some folk went in thinking they used the same title as a previous game, it may be like that game opinion.

Quote:
And The Phantom Menace was called Star Wars. Just because it shares a title name doesn't mean it's going to be anything like the previous ones.
Thats a stupid thing to say, no matter how bad or good the movie was the movie was clearly star wars. But it was clearly its own movie unless there has been another Star Wars Ep1 ???

But yea its not truly awful game ... more like a disapointment

100% XBLA: 11
Latest: Minecraft
Working On: Choplifter

100% WP7: 8
Latest: Feed Me Oil
Working On: Angry Birds
EchoPark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 01:14 AM   #50
DODGYSAI

Quote:
Originally Posted by b4c1994 View Post
I played the original Most Wanted, and when my brother purchase the new version I thought I'd try it out to see if it's any good as I was interested in getting it myself.

I was on it for an hour earlier today and I must say it is horrible, I expected so much more from it. I didn't expect it to be similar to Forza, but I still expected it to be a good game, I can't even say the racing is good because it's always a rolling start and the last race I did I started last and accidentally crashed on a hard race, yet I was still able to easy get into first even though I didn't take one corner well.

Another thing I don't like, the way the game starts. When you're given the Austin I expected to be told to go to a garage, be given 30,000 or so and be allowed to purchase your own car and upgrade it yourself, in the garage. But no, you drive towards a Porsche. You should not start a game with a Porsche, yes they're good cars but it takes the fun out of working yourself up from a run of the mill car to a few good car which you work for. Instead of driving around, finding 41 cars. You don't even get to change the paint yourself, you go through a petrol station and your car is fixed and a new paint job. When you get upgrades you don't go to a garage, you press a few buttons in the middle of the road and your car has been upgraded. I'd like to see that happen in real life.

Thirdly, the pursuits. I wasn't good at them on the previous game but I liked them, on this game they're really boring. You've got an over-powered car and it's easy to evade the pursuits. In the first most wanted race, at the first spike strips I push the other vehicle into the strips and I followed as I could get away, three of my tires were puncture yet he drives away like nothing has happened.

I must say, and I am a Forza fan. I would get Horizon over Most Wanted, sure the driving styles are different. But with Forza you get better graphics, you can upgrade your car however you want, you can put your own paint job on the car, you get a large variety of cars varying from VW's to Bugatti's and I haven't seen the full Most Wanted map but I'm going to take a guess from the rest of the game that Forza will have a better map as well.

I wish the game was better, I generally like NFS games but this has been a real let down. But the game is awful, you may thing differently but that is your opinion.
What you fail to realise, is that Criterion make driving games fun, I hate the likes of Forza for being too realistic and make driving very difficult. I mean come on, NFS Shift have drifting races, what the hell? I wanna race not drift! I always to find im trying to straighten my car out after a corner for about the next 300 yards. Two words for you CRITERION RULE! Criterion games deliver everything i want out of a driving game, if you want a challenge maybe play it online. Anyone who's played burnout can appreciate what criterion have done here. My biggest criticism about Hot Pursuit was the fact that it wasnt open world
DODGYSAI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 10:55 AM   #51
Evo089

Evo089's Gamercard
I wouldn't say it's a terrible game but after almost 1000/1000 it and racking up 30hrs worth of game time I can start to see some flaws.

I can't even begin to count how many times I've done the same race just with a different car in order to come 1st in every race... that's a little lazy on Criterion's behalf as far as I'm concerned. Considering the average race time is 2mins then surely it wouldn't have proved too difficult to change the track layout even slightly.

I know it's already been mentioned but the HUD is really starting to grind on me too, especially if you're driving uphill. You take someone out, you may as well drive blind for 5 seconds... You're telling none of the development team noticed this when testing out the beta? WTF.
Old 11-20-2012, 05:13 AM   #52
SatNiteEduardo

Quote:
Originally Posted by DODGYSAI View Post
What you fail to realise, is that Criterion make driving games fun, I hate the likes of Forza for being too realistic and make driving very difficult. I mean come on, NFS Shift have drifting races, what the hell? I wanna race not drift! I always to find im trying to straighten my car out after a corner for about the next 300 yards. Two words for you CRITERION RULE! Criterion games deliver everything i want out of a driving game, if you want a challenge maybe play it online. Anyone who's played burnout can appreciate what criterion have done here. My biggest criticism about Hot Pursuit was the fact that it wasnt open world
LOL why do people think their opinion is right and must be shared by everyone else.

I have played Burnout - all of them on the 360. I loved Burnout Paradise.

I enjoyed Hot Pursuit and I loved the original MW.

So from that list your view is I must like MW2012. Yet I think its cr$p.

I will not say that you should thinks its cr$p too but not all Burnout fans think MW2012 is a good game. PEople need to accept that people will have different opinions.
Old 11-21-2012, 03:10 AM   #53
littlejay

Fuzzmeister J's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Micro Guide - Bronze   2,500 Posts   Submit - Silver   Achievement Guide - Bronze
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
I like the game but it's extremely limited. Only 5 races for each car and most are repeats? Pretty sucky. There is no motivation to upgrade cars more than needed in those 5 races and it's just all over too quickly. multiplayer is kinda fun but being force to do 5 events every time is kinda boring. i would like a little more freedom online
Old 11-21-2012, 03:18 PM   #54
Evo089

Evo089's Gamercard
Don't even get me started on equipping nitrous on an electric car i.e. Tesla... WTF
Old 11-21-2012, 06:32 PM   #55
AtTheHeightOfitAll

theheightofital's Gamercard
to each their own opinion if you think its crap it is and vice versa.

personally i thought it was a good few hours.
there is no story line whatsoever
kind of copy and paste from the original. (which i guess what it was supposed to be)

i still give the game 6.5/7 out of 10 though.
it will probably be 30 dollars in a couple months anyways.
i could of waited to buy it but ive played all the nfs since ps1.

this is better then the run. but not as good as hot pursuit.

underground 2 is still the best out there.
until next year when another shotty release comes out.
Red Dead Redemption
10000 gamerscore -6/16/11
Need For Speed Undercover
20000 Gamerscore 1/28/12
Need For Speed Hot Pursuit
25000 Gamerscore 5/14/12
Fable III DLC
AtTheHeightOfitAll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 06:05 PM   #56
Deadly Krueger

Deadly Krueger's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by b4c1994 View Post
I played the original Most Wanted, and when my brother purchase the new version I thought I'd try it out to see if it's any good as I was interested in getting it myself.

I was on it for an hour earlier today and I must say it is horrible, I expected so much more from it. I didn't expect it to be similar to Forza, but I still expected it to be a good game, I can't even say the racing is good because it's always a rolling start and the last race I did I started last and accidentally crashed on a hard race, yet I was still able to easy get into first even though I didn't take one corner well.

Another thing I don't like, the way the game starts. When you're given the Austin I expected to be told to go to a garage, be given 30,000 or so and be allowed to purchase your own car and upgrade it yourself, in the garage. But no, you drive towards a Porsche. You should not start a game with a Porsche, yes they're good cars but it takes the fun out of working yourself up from a run of the mill car to a few good car which you work for. Instead of driving around, finding 41 cars. You don't even get to change the paint yourself, you go through a petrol station and your car is fixed and a new paint job. When you get upgrades you don't go to a garage, you press a few buttons in the middle of the road and your car has been upgraded. I'd like to see that happen in real life.

Thirdly, the pursuits. I wasn't good at them on the previous game but I liked them, on this game they're really boring. You've got an over-powered car and it's easy to evade the pursuits. In the first most wanted race, at the first spike strips I push the other vehicle into the strips and I followed as I could get away, three of my tires were puncture yet he drives away like nothing has happened.

I must say, and I am a Forza fan. I would get Horizon over Most Wanted, sure the driving styles are different. But with Forza you get better graphics, you can upgrade your car however you want, you can put your own paint job on the car, you get a large variety of cars varying from VW's to Bugatti's and I haven't seen the full Most Wanted map but I'm going to take a guess from the rest of the game that Forza will have a better map as well.

I wish the game was better, I generally like NFS games but this has been a real let down. But the game is awful, you may thing differently but that is your opinion.
Everyone is entitled to their own opinion about the game. I disagree with everything you've said but that one thing...

I was racing one of the most wanted and i knocked him into the spike strip and his tires didn't go flat. (no he didn't have the re inflates cause i think it was number 9). Now sure it's called Most Wanted and it does have some similarities to the others. I just think that if I run over the spike strip and I lose tires, the other cars should as well.

I personally like the game, I don't care about the name. A good game is a good game no matter what it's called.
Deadly Krueger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 09:23 PM   #57
Blitz MMCCV

Blitz MMCCV's Gamercard
Personally i think the game is sh!t why do i think that well

Poor Handling
Not being able to set a difficulty
No cooldown spots like that old one
Cop chases are boring and not a patch on the old nfs most wanted
No storyline loved the old ones story line
takes too long to respawn after you crash

and if ever a game needed a rewind its this one.

Completed Retail: 13
Completed Windows Phone 7: 7
Completed XBLA: 3
Completed Windows 8: 3

Blitz MMCCV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 10:52 AM   #58
Reidzer 1314

Reidzer 1314's Gamercard
I do like this game but its not as good as I hoped it would be.

I think I shot myself in the foot a little because I played Forza Horizon before this and in my opinion Horizon is afar better racing game.

I will crack on with NFS though as I really dont want to leave the game half played lol.
Old 11-26-2012, 11:02 AM   #59
Rusty Knight 07

Rusty Knight 07's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blitz MMCCV View Post
Personally i think the game is sh!t why do i think that well

Poor Handling
Not being able to set a difficulty
No cooldown spots like that old one
Cop chases are boring and not a patch on the old nfs most wanted
No storyline loved the old ones story line
takes too long to respawn after you crash

and if ever a game needed a rewind its this one.
I agree with most of the above, although I like the handling!

Its another of those games that doesn't tell you that what you unlock online has nothing to do with what you get offline, I spent a couple of days playing online (because offline is boring) and got upgrades for several cars. It was really annoying when I went back to offline and found none of those upgrades were there!

One of the worst things I've found about the game are the dumb people who play it online and can't read. I was in a lobby of 8 players yesterday, the challenge was for every player to get a 500 yard drift in one go, which should have taken a few seconds, but because 5 players were numpties the challenge failed. Three players were trying to drift the other 5 spent 8 mins crashing into everyone.

Maybe that's the reason they don't put instruction manuals in games these days, 62.5% can't read!
Rusty Knight 07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 02:31 PM   #60
Jimster71

Jimster71's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusty Knight 07 View Post
One of the worst things I've found about the game are the dumb people who play it online and can't read. I was in a lobby of 8 players yesterday, the challenge was for every player to get a 500 yard drift in one go, which should have taken a few seconds, but because 5 players were numpties the challenge failed. Three players were trying to drift the other 5 spent 8 mins crashing into everyone.
That's true of most multiplayer games though, that's why we have friends lists
Jimster71 is offline   Reply With Quote