PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Racing > Need for Speed: Most Wanted (2012)
Subscribe    Donate

Old 11-27-2012, 11:10 PM   #61
Spanish Assault

Send a message via Skype™ to Spanish Assault

Spanish Assault's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Gold   Micro Guide - Bronze   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   10,000 posts   Over Achiever - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 7 (more» ...)
I enjoyed this game and got most of the achievements with little stress. I didnt bother with some of the more tideous achievements. So overall this game was great.

"It is done then. Your schemes, like you, are put to rest." - Alta´r Ibn La-Ahad
Spanish Assault is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 10:33 AM   #62
benleishman21

ben leishman's Gamercard
not good

played the demo the other day, was not impressed. it didnt really feel like a need for speed game, the old most wanted is cleary better.
benleishman21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 10:23 PM   #63
Barad
High on Life

Send a message via Skype™ to Barad

Barad XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Platinum   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Bronze   Road Map - Emerald   Achievement Guide - Platinum   Donator - Level 2   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   CABS Beta Tester   XBA Representer   Staff Club - troy0891
Total Awards: 22 (more» ...)
I played the demo same day I purchased the game and I loved it but I'm saving the game for my break. I've always loved Criterion's work and it keeps getting better.

---
10,000 Achievements - 13 July 2014

Barad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 12:47 AM   #64
TikTak

TikTak's Gamercard
Let's face it, this is basically Burnout Paradise 2.

No it's not your traditional, NFS game. That said, there really hasn't been a high quality NFS game since Underground. They've just been churning them out to keep the money rolling in.

Criterion keep producing fantastic games and this is no exception. Yes it's a bit bulked up to make it more NFS-like. And it has real cars. And yes EA could probably have made it easier for the people who buy games based on name alone by calling this Burnout so that the NFS fanboys didn't get all pissy when they bought this and realized it was different.

The matter of fact is, this is a fantastic racer, with tonnes of playability and options to keep everyone interested no matter what the damn name is.

TikTak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 01:23 AM   #65
snipeye

snipeye 17's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by D34thM4chin3 View Post
Wow! If that's how much you write about something you don't like then I'd hate to read what you have to say about something you love. I think the game kicks ass. I think you need to take the time to learn how to play the game before you trash it!
have you played the original? this is trash in comparison. and the music... oh god
snipeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 10:14 PM   #66
Spanish Assault

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Gold   Micro Guide - Bronze   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   10,000 posts   Over Achiever - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Quote:
Originally Posted by snipeye View Post
have you played the original? this is trash in comparison. and the music... oh god
Music was good and I thought this was a pretty nice remake of the original.

"It is done then. Your schemes, like you, are put to rest." - Alta´r Ibn La-Ahad
Old 12-02-2012, 11:23 AM   #67
the_b1ues

Radiantmist's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts   SOTF Winner   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
i was a big fan of Burnout so i really like this the online isnt quiet as good but not biggie.

the_b1ues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 04:18 AM   #68
SatNiteEduardo

satniteeduardo's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_b1ues View Post
i was a big fan of Burnout so i really like this the online isnt quiet as good but not biggie.
I was a big fan of Burnout PAradise and the original Most Wanted. A friend describes me as the biggest fan of those two games he knows.

This game was cr$p. The implementation of the Most Wanted list was totally without character.

The burnout elements were simply elements. The game just does not gel well as a package.

Online is an absolute joke compared to Burnout Paradise.
Old 12-06-2012, 09:39 PM   #69
pineappletree

KaosGeneral's Gamercard
After reading all that i have to ask a question to some of you, do you think these forums are here simply to lick ass about a game? The OP doesnt like the game, fair enough, thats his opinion, but some of you are acting like its only criterion fanbois that are allowed to post about this game.

Anyway, i dont think the game was crap, just a big disappointment. Ive only spent an hour playing it so far and its not a bad game, just not what i was expecting is all, im sure ill end up hammering it once ive finished with AC3.
Old 12-07-2012, 09:20 PM   #70
Wildmn34

Wildmn34's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pineappletree View Post
After reading all that i have to ask a question to some of you, do you think these forums are here simply to lick ass about a game? The OP doesnt like the game, fair enough, thats his opinion, but some of you are acting like its only criterion fanbois that are allowed to post about this game.

Anyway, i dont think the game was crap, just a big disappointment. Ive only spent an hour playing it so far and its not a bad game, just not what i was expecting is all, im sure ill end up hammering it once ive finished with AC3.
Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. Doesn't matter to me. I had a completely different expereince evidently than the OP with this game. I love it. The only thing I didn't like is the MP but, that's okay because Autolog more than makes up for it.

It's funny your bring up AC3 in your post though, because that's probably the one game I was most disappointed in this year. I don't like it at all. lol
Old 12-08-2012, 06:29 PM   #71
Spanish Assault

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildmn34 View Post
Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. Doesn't matter to me. I had a completely different expereince evidently than the OP with this game. I love it. The only thing I didn't like is the MP but, that's okay because Autolog more than makes up for it.

It's funny your bring up AC3 in your post though, because that's probably the one game I was most disappointed in this year. I don't like it at all. lol
I honestly think the Hot Pursuit was the best online....2 bad it died so quickly.

Old 12-10-2012, 12:57 AM   #72
The1One

xX THE10NE Xx's Gamercard
I'm only a few hour into it and I think it's awesome. Are there a few things I would've done differently, yes. But all this talk of comparing it to Forza Horizion or the original Most Wanted is taking the game out of context in way.

Yes they are all racing games, but each has a different "culture" if that makes sense. Before anybody jumps on me I've played and LOVE both Horizion and the original NFS:MW. I actually enjoyed Horizon a lot, one of the funnest racing game I've played in a long time.

Horizon though is a nod to games like NFS:Underground 2 or The Fast and Furious movies. It's all about the atmosphere and culture of street racing and "showing off". Criterion's Most Wanted seems like its just aimed at going fast in fast cars. (Which is never a bad thing) They streamlined the whole experience, with very simple mods, so it's focused on racing and only racing.

P.S. Who here is absolutely dying for a Underground 3?

Last edited by The1One; 12-10-2012 at 01:00 AM.
The1One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 05:43 AM   #73
SatNiteEduardo

Quote:
Originally Posted by The1One View Post
I'm only a few hour into it and I think it's awesome. Are there a few things I would've done differently, yes. But all this talk of comparing it to Forza Horizion or the original Most Wanted is taking the game out of context in way.

Yes they are all racing games, but each has a different "culture" if that makes sense. Before anybody jumps on me I've played and LOVE both Horizion and the original NFS:MW. I actually enjoyed Horizon a lot, one of the funnest racing game I've played in a long time.

Horizon though is a nod to games like NFS:Underground 2 or The Fast and Furious movies. It's all about the atmosphere and culture of street racing and "showing off". Criterion's Most Wanted seems like its just aimed at going fast in fast cars. (Which is never a bad thing) They streamlined the whole experience, with very simple mods, so it's focused on racing and only racing.

P.S. Who here is absolutely dying for a Underground 3?
People are rightly comparing it to the game with the same name but also Burnout Paradise which this game borrows a lot from but does it very poorly.

The reason why people compare it to Horizon is that 2 road based racing games came out within a month of each other so they will be compared.

I know which game I have chosen to put 100 hours into when I got the 1000 gs before the 20 hour mark and it ain't Most Wanted.

The original Most Wanted and Burnout Paradise both got 100 hours+ of my time. This one will not no matter how much dlc they throw at it.
Old 12-10-2012, 07:05 PM   #74
H3Driver

H3Driver's Gamercard
Having played this game right after playing Forza Horizon I can say that this is the worst game out there. If you were to compare these two there Forza would win 10 out of 10 times.
H3Driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 11:33 PM   #75
ian333333

Ian333333's Gamercard
had ea allowed criterion to make another burnout game and they released this no one would be complaining cos its a good game! its basicly burnout paradise with licenced cars...

i preferred burnout when it was just curcuit racing with traffic and a separate crash mode than being an open world game

people also need to remember need for speed goes back a long way before the original most wanted or underground...
Old 12-11-2012, 05:47 AM   #76
lildevilbmxer

Send a message via AIM to lildevilbmxer

lildevilbmxer's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
^^^^ agreed do people remember all the original nfs???? high stakes /underground ( with the crazy amount of mods you can do to your car rims ect....) how bout shift that was straight up simulator ... now if people want to complain its crap just because burnout guys made it shut up its a game its fun you have fun driving stfu and game on!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 12-11-2012, 12:05 PM   #77
Jimster71

Jimster71's Gamercard
As much as I do like this game I feel as though they dropped the ball a bit on the multiplayer.

In Burnout Paradise, there was a completionist element to the challenges and a reward for those who completed them all. In WM, you can't even see which challenges you have and haven't done so that element is taken away. Add to the fact that everything is now competitive, it gives the game a completely different vibe.

In BP, players would work together to complete the events but in MW the winning mentality comes to the fore. Thanks to the insane scoring system you can ignore your position in the speedlist events and just keep taking people out to rack up a big score.

I do like the mixture of racing and challenges in the speedlists but it just seems like they ran out of time with it and could have done much more.

I've recently started playing Driver: San Francisco and that game is packed with fresh ideas in both single and multiplayer. A shame I didn't play it when it came out.

I hope Criterion can fix some of the MP issues with patches and DLC.
Jimster71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 12:07 PM   #78
Jimster71

Jimster71's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by H3Driver View Post
Having played this game right after playing Forza Horizon I can say that this is the worst game out there. If you were to compare these two there Forza would win 10 out of 10 times.
Totally different games. One is a driving game and one is an arcade game with cars. I find Forza games quite dull, but each to their own.
Jimster71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 01:39 PM   #79
Spanish Assault

Quote:
This is highly debatable.

While I am enjoying Forza Horizons, NFS: MW blew that out if the water. As far as action Most wanted was just more fun. Out running the cops makes it better.

Old 12-11-2012, 06:14 PM   #80
Wildmn34

Wildmn34's Gamercard

Quote:
Well, I wiouldn't say that. So your 10 out of 10 is wrong right from that start.

But, there's no sense arguing about it. I Really enjoyed this gam and am eagerly looking forward to the DLC next week.

Forza is a good game, but it didn't give me the exerience I had with MW. So to each tere own.

I'm going going to tell someone that their opinion is wrong just because it disagrees with mine.
Old 12-12-2012, 01:20 AM   #81
SatNiteEduardo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carmona25 View Post
This is highly debatable.

While I am enjoying Forza Horizons, NFS: MW blew that out if the water. As far as action Most wanted was just more fun. Out running the cops makes it better.
This is all personal opinion.

My opinion is that outrunning the cops is the only thing this game has going for it and even then I preferred outrunning the cops in the original.
Old 12-12-2012, 04:26 AM   #82
pistonh

ZiggaMan1's Gamercard
Stop feeding the troll.

Eduardo himself admits "This is all personal opinion" but yet his claims about the game are somehow exempt from the very same statement.

It's blatantly obvious that he's an enormous Forza fanboy judging by his activity on fm.net and he gets a rise out of all our responses. Let this thread die.
pistonh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 08:54 PM   #83
fivebyfive200

Quote:
Originally Posted by pauly_27 View Post
I think "truly awful game" is a bit exaggerated, but I do regret buying this.

All I have heard from people is how it's "like a new Burnout" Well good for you, because I wanted Need For Speed, somewhere along the lines of the much superior Hot Pursuit - not Burnout Paradise 1.5.

Oh, and the multiplayer is utter garbage. Just let me pick lobbies of things I actually want to do instead of forcing on me lame "fun" events where I'm eliminated before I even got to read the instructions of what I was actually supposed to do.

Finally (as already brought up) Enough with the pointless stuff popping up in my HUD every 30 seconds.

Very disappointed with this. Going to get the achievements and trade it in ASAP.
completely agree but I got it for ú25. It felt like it was rushed as the publisher wanted it out ASAP. the single player feels tacked on due to EA's love for MP mode. SP is very shallow and bolstered by some rubber banding AI (although its not as bad the last most wanted game
fivebyfive200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 04:10 PM   #84
Turbulence 0

Turbulence 0's Gamercard
my coworker was playing The first Most wanted at work. it brought back memories and made me want to get this one.

seeing as how it had Most Wanted in it's name. Mind you I'm far too busy to even watch TV or even time to research a game. It came down to a right to go home or straight to buy it. I turned right then veered left to go straight.

What the hell did I buy.

Find me drifting on FM4 or killing try hards and beginners on BO2
*retired achievement hunter*
(617) Boston stand up!
Turbulence 0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 08:13 AM   #85
Solja6925

Lone Solja6925's Gamercard
criterion is only good for burnout games and all this is is a another burnout with a name in it smashing billboards and stuff u never did that in the first one except for evading cops and stuff this game just seems like crap as another burnout
Solja6925 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 08:22 AM   #86
AcE xX MaJoR

AcE xX MaJoR's Gamercard
I knew that the game might suck because I couldnt stand the demo for the game. It was completely different from the original which is not a good thing. Just another attempt for EA to make some cash.
AcE xX MaJoR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 12:30 AM   #87
seiji092

GoldenSnitch114's Gamercard
I'm looking around the forums, as my old Xbox RRODed, so I have opinions to buying new games.

I got to say, the NFS franchise has been declining and a lot. My favorite game will ever be the Underground 2, I liked a lot the original Most Wanted, trying to repeat it is a mistake. I remember spending hours of my summer vacation of 2005 trying to get the bounty and complete the milestones so I could challenge the next from the blacklist. And also my friend's fury when he got busted just after he had just completed the milestone he needed, priceless.

I already didn't like Carbon, and Pro Street put a final dent to the series. Rant on me all you want, but that's my opinion. The game lost its soul, I can't feel the happiness it would bring me like the others did. A friend of mine also said this game is outrageous, compared to what we had before. I'm asking, is it really that bad? 'Cause I don't have reasons to believe it is not that bad...
seiji092 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 01:07 AM   #88
SweptbackFlame

SweptbackFlame's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by b4c1994 View Post

Really? How long do you really need to learn how to play the game? It's a racing game, once you figure out how to drive properly on the game you've learnt how to play it.
Obviously not since you said you cornered horribly...
Old 12-20-2012, 01:18 AM   #89
Wildmn34

Wildmn34's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solja6925 View Post
criterion is only good for burnout games and all this is is a another burnout with a name in it smashing billboards and stuff u never did that in the first one except for evading cops and stuff this game just seems like crap as another burnout
Right, so you're saying Criterion's take on the Hot Pursuit game two years ago sucked? That's not a Burnout game either, and is pretty highly regarded.

But, hey, if you want to hate the game that's fine. Play what makes you happy. Simple as that.
Old 12-21-2012, 05:57 AM   #90
SatNiteEduardo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solja6925 View Post
If only the game was as good as Burnout Paradise, but its not.