PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 LIVE Arcade Games > Action > Guardian Heroes
Subscribe    Donate

Old 10-13-2011, 03:29 AM   #1
dill icioius

dill icious's Gamercard
Question likes/dislikes?

anyone up to discussing their likes or dislikes with the game? personally, my one gripe so far is the "bonus" opening from the original version is the size of my cell phone screen even though its on my full size hdtv. other than that, no complaints!
dill icioius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 09:00 AM   #2
firstborn

That's because it's playing at it's original resolution... but it would have been nice for an option to at least zoom it by x2 or x4
firstborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 11:48 AM   #3
slicer1000

S3M James's Gamercard
just press the X button to enlarge the window for the movie. My personally dislike about this version is the fact the game has been re-translated from the Saturn version and it's not as good.
slicer1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 01:00 PM   #4
PSlocombe

Peter Slocombe's Gamercard
I've got the original on my Saturn still, and I don't like the re-translation. For example Zur saying 'schnitzel'.

I thought characters kept experience upgrades, but I started a second game, and my character was back to Lv 1. Hope this is just a glitch, as I want to make the characters more powerful.
PSlocombe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 02:05 PM   #5
Le Vampyr

Das Belmont's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by PSlocombe View Post
I thought characters kept experience upgrades, but I started a second game, and my character was back to Lv 1. Hope this is just a glitch, as I want to make the characters more powerful.
No glitch i'm afraid, it was like that on the Saturn version too. Personally, this does not bother me, as it allows for me to try different play styles with the same character when leveling different stats each time.
My Twitch - www.twitch.tv/das_belmont/profile
9 Upload videos featured on the Xbox One Upload App so far and 740+ followers.
Le Vampyr  is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 02:37 PM   #6
rman0099

Rman0099's Gamercard
Though I do wish there was the option to keep cumulative levels for multiple playthroughs, it would make the "finish the game without continuing" achievement a bit trivial. Although, it would be fun to stomp through with some over leveled characters.

rman0099 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 06:07 PM   #7
dill icioius

dill icious's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by slicer1000 View Post
just press the X button to enlarge the window for the movie. My personally dislike about this version is the fact the game has been re-translated from the Saturn version and it's not as good.
first, thank you! i thought i had pushed every button in hopes of increasing the screen size, but apparently i hadn't hit x very hard. you seriously made my day.

i do prefer the original translation myself. i think that its the familiarity with it that makes this one seem strange. from what i understand about the original translation on the saturn version was that they had edited it somewhat. the japanese version had jokes that made drug and alcohol references. it was also kind of "engrishy" at points. i think this might be a little more accurate. that said, the zur "schnitzel" thing threw me off big time.
Old 10-13-2011, 06:41 PM   #8
SevenFisher

Send a message via AIM to SevenFisher Send a message via MSN to SevenFisher Send a message via Yahoo to SevenFisher

SevenFisher's Gamercard
Don't like loss of levels but I expected that from Sega Saturn version. I'd still rather have extra mode where you can use to load up any characters with their existing levels and just go crazy.

Another thing I don't like 100% mana in Remixed. Would rather have normal manapoints...and only two players online, would like to see them expanding to 4 players just for this version, but oh well - I'm happy enough that they've re-released it on XBLA, let alone that it has online play. <3

This sig is 100% accurate as of date
SevenFisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 11:26 PM   #9
dill icioius

dill icious's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by SevenFisher View Post
Don't like loss of levels but I expected that from Sega Saturn version. I'd still rather have extra mode where you can use to load up any characters with their existing levels and just go crazy.

Another thing I don't like 100% mana in Remixed. Would rather have normal manapoints...and only two players online, would like to see them expanding to 4 players just for this version, but oh well - I'm happy enough that they've re-released it on XBLA, let alone that it has online play. <3
what levels are they missing? am i missing something?

i'm with you all the way in wishing they would've added more than two player co op.

something i'm really enjoying is that it shows you which choices take you to which levels and there is a flow chart of sorts in the gallery. handy for exploring all paths.
Old 10-14-2011, 12:39 AM   #10
SevenFisher

Send a message via AIM to SevenFisher Send a message via MSN to SevenFisher Send a message via Yahoo to SevenFisher

SevenFisher's Gamercard
dill icioius, sorry I mean player levels. I.e. you're back to level 1 when starting NG. I'd like at least some sort of NG+ to cause havoc.

Yeah, I thought adding info to what choices you've done reveals what stage you'll be going to. Clever thing to do, I thought.

This sig is 100% accurate as of date
SevenFisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 10:25 PM   #11
waxc3

waxc3's Gamercard
i seem to have an impossible time hitting down,up,b.

da da da dahh! bitchpudding!
waxc3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2011, 12:06 AM   #12
dill icioius

dill icious's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by waxc3 View Post
i seem to have an impossible time hitting down,up,b.
use the analog. pretty simple. the pad doesn't always register. had that problem sometimes back in the day.

and sevenfisher, got cha. on the original version, it was easy to do the continue trick or debug mode. using those methods you easier started out at 200 or you could blaze through the arena to your hearts content until you maxed out. its too bad you can't experiment more that way in this version, but understandably so. these achievements would be a breeze that way. when you are that super powered, playing on hard doesn't even present a shred of challenge... alas, i wish they would've kept it in, even if it did disable your progress temporarily or something
Old 10-15-2011, 03:31 AM   #13
waxc3

waxc3's Gamercard
I only use the stick. I still had a hard time healing with Nicole. Kept doing some other move. No big deal once I switched to easy difficulty

da da da dahh! bitchpudding!
waxc3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011, 05:48 PM   #14
dill icioius

dill icious's Gamercard
another post just reminded me of something i don't like. this game brings a lot of nostalgic memories to the surface and i'm glad it came out the way it is. however, what passed for an ending in 1996 doesn't hold up well in my mind. not bad, but always bugged me... just more so now
Old 11-04-2012, 12:34 AM   #15
Zeargi

Zeargi's Gamercard
Coming back to this game after not playing it for a while, I have a quite a few things I dislike about it. As I'm trying to go through the game now on hard to get this one achievement, I hate how I have to play as Han. His does earn him more Exp at first, but I hate that he has no other skills besides the fireball. And seeing how almost everything in the game is strong versus fire, it's annoying... I'd much prefer to play as Randy, but his low HP prevents me from taking much damage at all to start off with. I hate the Royal Purgers. And most all the enemies are cheap as hell. The Undead Hero is useless on Stage 28 because his Ultimate Technique either doesn't get a chance to go off or does so little DMG. I hate that most of the time I die because of my ally(Allies) hitting the enemy with some element type and I get shocked, frozen, or burned... Overall, this is fun when you're not being raped in a corner, guard-broken, out hit by the extended range of the enemies, out ran, etc...
Zeargi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 11:17 AM   #16
demonizer_andy

demonizer andy's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
i hate shared credits on co op, keep getting idiots on the game that cant play and use all the credits within the first level, also keeping your characters level would be pretty cool
demonizer_andy is offline   Reply With Quote