PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Action > Assassin's Creed III
Subscribe    Donate

Old 11-04-2012, 05:53 AM   #31
xK Marcus

xK Marcus's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Yac View Post
connor killed all his targets and technicly saved his land (if not his people) so i think it resolved his issues, but theres obviously room for more stuff for him to do. Desmond however how did it not progress the story? he saved the world from the flare and released a potentially bigger threat

I can't say much about my reasons for the sake of not spoiling it for other people, which speaking of, you should edit your comment to warn people of the spoilers in it.

Desmond's story didn't progress much, think about it, you can pretty much tell Desmond's story in 2, maybe 3 sentences, seriously, not much for a big game like this
xK Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 05:55 AM   #32
Mr Yac

Mr Yac's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
i guess i just never really considered the main focus of the game, he was just a tool to get things moving, so i feel he filled his role as needed
Mr Yac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 04:54 PM   #33
Dark Anaconda

FUcking hate the Mini Games on Expert
Dark Anaconda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 08:27 AM   #34
optics

Lately, the camera has been getting stuck at a certain angles. Sometime, zooming, pressing the joysticks would default it, but sometimes it won't. There was one objective where you can't be spotted as you went from the first floor to the third floor. Camera wouldn't look up and there were guards walking around. Got it on my first try, got lucky, especially when I was right in front of a guard.

Speaking of guards, their field of vision and awareness is just dumb. Like how they can spot you from far away or know that you're creeping up behind them. One mission, you're supposed to sneak onboard two boats without being detected. Kinda hard when they spot you in the water from the very beginning.

Objectives, not really complaining about the requirements, but more about when they pop up. One mission for example, when you are escaping a burning fort. Right before completing the mission, I get a fail because I was supposed to get a 3 kill steak. That objective never even showed up during the only fight in that section.

Hired assassins, even though you call them in and you're not part of the fight, you end up being a target.
Old 11-05-2012, 09:51 AM   #35
Kilowog

OilyWhisper68's Gamercard
The Desmond ending sucked. I'd probably be pissed right now if I played the games for Desmond.

*SPOILERS*

Connor ending left me cold, but I get what they were going for, and if I didn't then that epilogue in New York was very on the nose and would have clued me in.

Quote:
Connor's Voice acting is quite dreadful at times
Yeah, that's one thing that really striked me. A lot of the VA cast is just great, but then Connor is just this black stain on it. I'm genuinely curious, did they prioritize getting someone who could speak that Native American language? Because when he spoke it, it felt like he knew what he was saying.

Quote:
Jaggers.... unless I've missed something, there is practically nothing you can do to kill them, except get lucky... they block you when you counter/attack, block you when you counter/disarm, block you when you break defence.... what can you do but hope they go to attack you with a second guy, or keep shooting them.
Unarmed disarming basically made them them go down like puppies for me.

Last edited by Kilowog; 11-05-2012 at 09:56 AM.
Kilowog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 10:07 AM   #36
NorseForce28

FondleMySausage's Gamercard
The glitches seem to make this game unplayable at times. I'm pretty sure I'm glitched out of "The Encyclopedia of the Common Man" achievement. In my log, I've only got 2/3 for the woodworker, but I've got his log entry, and I can't scan him anymore.

A big WTF to the Desmond ending is all I would like to speak about on this.

I also don't like how whatever outfit you have on doesn't carry over into cutscenes, it just goes to his original bland outfit. It was allowed in every other game, why change?
Old 11-05-2012, 10:18 AM   #37
UberPirateNinja

UberPirateNinja's Gamercard

Awards Showcase XBA Promoter   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Bronze   1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
How long til the game starts proper, and you get past all the Haytham and young Connor stuff? I'm still playing Connor as a teen, collecting feathers, and it's so fricking dull! I didn't buy the game so I could play hide & seek! Really feel they've mis-sold the game on the cover.
UberPirateNinja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 10:39 AM   #38
Shabba
Banned User

Far to many collectibles.... Far to much animation... Far to many glitches.. Bad controls on alot activites. While the game itself is quite simplified comparatively on other assassin games. A history lesson in inaccuracy, a story rewritten into this gameline.

Spend more time collecting then being an assassin, and while assassinating this is constantly interrupted by yet another animation.
Shabba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 01:01 PM   #39
xK Marcus

xK Marcus's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by pete_2 View Post
How long til the game starts proper, and you get past all the Haytham and young Connor stuff? I'm still playing Connor as a teen, collecting feathers, and it's so fricking dull! I didn't buy the game so I could play hide & seek! Really feel they've mis-sold the game on the cover.

If I remember correctly, Sequence 6 is when you start as Connor the Assassin
xK Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 03:16 PM   #40
Quid Squid

elKamikazeSquid's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by xK Marcus View Post
If I remember correctly, Sequence 6 is when you start as Connor the Assassin
Yup...halfway through the game.

After finishing it, this game was horrible. The voice acting, the glitches, those fucking kids!!!! They took everything that worked so well in the previous games and changed them. The controls were clunky and didn't work half the time. There was no point to upgrade your stuff or use different weapons. Nothing was ever explained and tutorials were half assed (except the long 6 hour tutorial in the beginning). Why the hell did they take out the tombs? I know there aren't ancient tombs in this time period but the closest thing we got was that mansion from the capt Kidd mission.

AND the terrible ending. It felt as if the writers fell asleep one night and their 5 year old daughter snuck in and finished it for them. When they woke up they decided to go with it anyways.

Not sure I understand the Desmond hate, he has never been an issue for me until Revelations, but that was only because of the shitty FPS things. If they were 3rd person like this game had them they would have been better (without the Tetris mind you.)

I was really excited for this game, but everything fell flat. This year has been really disappointing for gaming.
Quid Squid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 04:33 PM   #41
VerifyedRasta

VerifyedRasta's Gamercard
No way to block as far as I can tell?? The battle system has had the same structure for FOUR games and then, outta nowhere, it gets completely redone...
*Becomes Arch-Mage of Mage's college*
"You know..."
VerifyedRasta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 04:44 PM   #42
optics

Has anyone ever been able to use a guard as a shield? I've only been able to do it once, which was in that one Haytham sequence where it showed you how to.
Old 11-05-2012, 04:55 PM   #43
Quid Squid

Quote:
Originally Posted by optics View Post
Has anyone ever been able to use a guard as a shield? I've only been able to do it once, which was in that one Haytham sequence where it showed you how to.
When you see the yellow arrows pop up in a fight run to your closest guard and hit A
Old 11-05-2012, 05:03 PM   #44
Arcane Paradise

Send a message via Yahoo to Arcane Paradise

Arcane Paradise's Gamercard
Three years, and this was all they could do? SPOILERS BELOW...

Desmond's father...kind of a random entry into that group, Desmonds ending...thats it? Kill billons of people for Minerva, or kill himself and release Juno to take over the world, could have atleast made it interesting by giving the player the choice instead of just going with one ending.

I do and dont like the platforming, its more free and flows, but sometimes I feel out of control of the movements.

Are there shops to buy weapons, clothing changes, things like that, cause I didnt see them, I really liked having those markers on the map to show you where they were, kinda the whole point of the viewpoionts, which in this game felt totally useless.

The naval battles were ok, not great, but not horrible either, IMO, I do agree that Connor's story took a little too long to 1, start, and 2 get going as an assassin, he also never felt like an assassin, atleast until he cuts his hair and rocks the war paint.

Killing Charles Lee, was that last, un-godly slow walk to the bar really nessessary?

Things got interesting when he was teamed up with his father, I thought that was the best parts of story, then they just up and ended it, kinda had you thinking if Connor would join his father or not, but just like that, oh I'm mad at you and G.W., bye.
Arcane Paradise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 06:02 PM   #45
tjpiper

tjpiper's Gamercard
I am only on sequence 6, but to this point, I am really just trying to get through to finish.

My beefs:

Graphics seem sub-par - the last few titles in the series were much, much better looking

Camera - WTF is all I can say. So many times have fought blind...

Controls - why mess with a system we all liked

Money and what not - I see all these people looking into what appear to be closed shops - why change to this annoying crafting and convoy system (sucked on Project Legacy, too)? Bring back the old ways of taking over a city and rebuilding it for the peeps.

Overall, feels like a beta test than a finished game. so many graphics glitches - horses standing on top of hitching posts, through gates; elk leaping down mountains; street urchins - want to kill them...
tjpiper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 06:14 PM   #46
asdfen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quid Squid View Post
I want to kill every kid in this game. That stupid laugh/taunt makes me insane.
kidocide would be a welcome addition
then I would shoot all the horses and dogs

while I am at it I'll trade the indian dude for an italian one
asdfen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 06:17 PM   #47
Quid Squid

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjpiper View Post
Overall, feels like a beta test than a finished game.
Welcome to the new standard in video games :/
Old 11-05-2012, 08:45 PM   #48
optics

Quote:
When you see the yellow arrows pop up in a fight run to your closest guard and hit A
I press and hold A many times, still doesn't work. I just gave up and decide to just run around them, close to them or for cover.
Old 11-05-2012, 08:53 PM   #49
ponypo2001

ponypo2001's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Achievement Guide - Silver   1,000 Posts   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Road Map - Bronze
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Quote:
Welcome to the new standard in video games :/
Quoted for the truth. The state games are released in now is abhorent. Companies believe the day 1 patch is the fix to everything, when it is in fact the fix for nothing.

Sadly, the testers for games are ignored in order to meet deadlines and we as the consumer end up with sub-standard products. I now don't play anything without 2 backups of my saves just in case. I've had to revert back to these saves numerous times this year. That's sums the state of gaming up for me.

I can't even be bothered to list my feelings for AC3. I'll leave it at saying the series died here. As Ezio would say, "Requiescat in pace".

ponypo2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 08:56 PM   #50
Flibbity Floid

Deadpool Psycko's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Referrals - Bronze
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by optics View Post
I press and hold A many times, still doesn't work. I just gave up and decide to just run around them, close to them or for cover.
Don't hold it. Also, the yellow arrow isn't always a firing prompt. Some of the soldiers that require you to disarm them will attack with a move like this you can't block. You'll roll out of the way instead.

Most of my gripes were before I hit Sequence 6 which is when you truly get control of Connor.

I agree with the camera during combat. Needs more control.

I'm adapting faster than I expected tho as I loved the Puppet Control system they started with. I like the economy in a sense b/c it does try to put out what the Trade system was back then and I don't have to pay $500 to bribe a town crier. $50 is much more applicable.

I have a hard on for this series though so I'm taking it with a grain of salt. Nothing has made me want to bash the game to bits though aside from the MP freeze glitch. That being said, I'm just shlogging away in SP jumping from Story to hunting to Naval to Homestead shenanigans. Next thing I know, 4 hours have passed by.

Content Contributor & Event Manager @ http://comicgamers.com/index.php
Flibbity Floid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 09:09 AM   #51
E vee dub

Send a message via AIM to E vee dub

E vee dub's Gamercard
Camera angle...

Damn camera keeps getting stuck where I don't want it, especially during fights. When I try to run, it keeps focusing on a single enemy.

And it takes forever for the game to register that I'm guiding the camera in another direction.

AND THE DAMN GAME JUST FROZE ON ME AFTER GETTING A DOZEN KILLS FROM HIDING SPOTS.

NORTH CAROLINA STATE UNIVERSITY
RALEIGH, N.C.
"CLASS OF 2005"
"THE WOLFPACK"
E vee dub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 12:16 PM   #52
Evo Kazz
Completionist

II Kazz II's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Arcade Crazy - Silver   Over Achiever - Platinum   Donator - Level 1   5,000 Posts   Staff Club - DEG23   Staff Club - Madhatters13   Staff Club - Shinobi273   Staff Club - DeekBoy   Staff Club - Rajeanero   Staff Club - Minty   Staff Club - Tyger7   Brick Builders & Busters Franchise Club - Tier 3
Total Awards: 28 (more» ...)
I think it's safe to say this game is a big pile of steaming shit...in fact I would rather play with a pile of steaming shit more (especially if it had achievements).

Arcade Crazy - 26 - Over Achiever - 54 - XB1 Points - 34
Franchise Clubs - 5x Tier 1, 3x Tier 2, 1x Tier 3
Staff Clubs - 10

Evo Kazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 01:12 PM   #53
Mr Stoat

Mr Stoat's Gamercard
On top of all the things mentioned, the thing I hated the most was trying to find the quest givers for the delivery missions. You literally had to be humping their leg for the quest icon to appear. When I want something delivered I don't hide in a random alleyway hoping a UPS guy happens to stumble upon me. Why make it so hard to find.

The other thing that bugs the hell out of me is how you permanently have noteriety lvl1 in the frontier and will get attacked even by continental forces. I mean what the hell I just helped you out 5 mins ago at the battle of bunker hill and now you are attacking me while I am minding my own buisness trying to do some supply shopping in Lexington!?
Mr Stoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 02:19 PM   #54
Evo Kazz
Completionist

II Kazz II's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Arcade Crazy - Silver   Over Achiever - Platinum   Donator - Level 1   5,000 Posts   Staff Club - DEG23   Staff Club - Madhatters13   Staff Club - Shinobi273   Staff Club - DeekBoy   Staff Club - Rajeanero   Staff Club - Minty   Staff Club - Tyger7   Brick Builders & Busters Franchise Club - Tier 3
Total Awards: 28 (more» ...)
Well spending 12 hours scanning some fucking whore eating an apple is probably my low point...I have never in my life been so thrilled and excited to see a woman sat in a pink chair, sewing....highlight of my AC3 experience. Things can only get better.

Arcade Crazy - 26 - Over Achiever - 54 - XB1 Points - 34
Franchise Clubs - 5x Tier 1, 3x Tier 2, 1x Tier 3
Staff Clubs - 10

Evo Kazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 02:35 PM   #55
Flibbity Floid

Deadpool Psycko's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Referrals - Bronze
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by evokazz View Post
Well spending 12 hours scanning some fucking whore eating an apple is probably my low point...I have never in my life been so thrilled and excited to see a woman sat in a pink chair, sewing....highlight of my AC3 experience. Things can only get better.
LOL i was following this tailor broad around for like 20 minutes trying to see her sit in a freaking chair. This is definitely one finger gnawing achievement.

Content Contributor & Event Manager @ http://comicgamers.com/index.php
Flibbity Floid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 03:05 PM   #56
Gackt
Banned User

Awards Showcase Staff Club - Gackt   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Gold   SOTF Winner   GSL 8 Winners   The Helping Hand   Bright Idea   Word of Mouth   Donator - Level 1   Submit - Bronze   Artist of the Month
Total Awards: 15 (more» ...)
Sigh...An Extraordenary Man achievement glitched on me. Have 3/3 on everything and no achievement. Yaaaaay.
Gackt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 03:21 PM   #57
FighterHawk

Fighter Hawk's Gamercard
getting stuck on fucking fences when trying to run away then getting stuck on everything else
Old 11-07-2012, 04:04 PM   #58
VerifyedRasta

VerifyedRasta's Gamercard
2 discs...
*Becomes Arch-Mage of Mage's college*
"You know..."
VerifyedRasta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 04:54 AM   #59
TitanGDZ54

TitanGDZ54's Gamercard
The use of the gun sucks, The guy is lit up, the gun is in the "Y" slot. Press y nothing, hold y and release nothing. I miss the old system when it came to firearms, those actually worked.

Working on: Halo Wars 1150/1200, Gears of War 1200/1250, Lost Odyssey 1080/1100, Gears of War 2 1700/1750, Halo 3 ODST 975/1000, Mass Effect 2 1280/1355, FFXIII 920/1000, Fable 3 1230/1250 Assassins Creed: Brotherhood 940/1250, Halo: Reach 1650/1700, Mass Effect 3 845/1050
TitanGDZ54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 05:29 AM   #60
AblativMeatshld

AblativMeatshld's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by asdfen View Post
kidocide would be a welcome addition
I remember thinking in AC2, Brotherhood, and Revelation "Jesus, NOTHING could be as annoying as these beggar women and these effing bards..."

And then I meet these kids... The sounds that one makes, like he's trying to not fall... That 'whoa whoa whoa' and the giggle at the end...

I will never complain about those effing bards ever again. At least I could chest-bump them and make them go away...

I would spend 1600 MSP for the option to kill those damn kids...

Last edited by AblativMeatshld; 11-08-2012 at 06:12 AM.
AblativMeatshld is offline   Reply With Quote