PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Action > Assassin's Creed III
Subscribe    Donate

Old 11-08-2012, 06:28 AM   #61
optics

Pressing B, a back button, at the main menu on the MP disc will ask you to swap to the single player disc.... WTF.

Really tired of these optional objectives.... "Kill the three generals".... *Kills three generals*.... "Failed objective: Get a 3 kill combo" .... That shit never even showed up on screen.

Whistle.... really wish you could use it while hiding in a bush.
Old 11-08-2012, 07:52 AM   #62
asdfen

Quote:
Originally Posted by AblativMeatshld View Post
I remember thinking in AC2, Brotherhood, and Revelation "Jesus, NOTHING could be as annoying as these beggar women and these effing bards..."

And then I meet these kids... The sounds that one makes, like he's trying to not fall... That 'whoa whoa whoa' and the giggle at the end...

I will never complain about those effing bards ever again. At least I could chest-bump them and make them go away...

I would spend 1600 MSP for the option to kill those damn kids...
at least you could kill the women and bards to feel a lil better. The annoying sound of kids in this game ... you would have to go to a real life shrink to escape this!
asdfen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 01:22 PM   #63
UberPirateNinja

UberPirateNinja's Gamercard

Awards Showcase XBA Promoter   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Bronze   1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
The synchronisation spots up trees in the frontier. Fuck they're annoying. Been trying to do one for the last half hour, he won't seem to climb up the branch where the symbol is floating. I either end up hanging by my arms with option to pull myself up, swan diving off randomly into the hay below or just straight up falling to my death below.
UberPirateNinja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 02:15 PM   #64
Floydian x Slip

Floydian x Slip's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by pete_2 View Post
The synchronisation spots up trees in the frontier. Fuck they're annoying. Been trying to do one for the last half hour, he won't seem to climb up the branch where the symbol is floating. I either end up hanging by my arms with option to pull myself up, swan diving off randomly into the hay below or just straight up falling to my death below.
Let go of RT and none of those things will happen again.
Old 11-08-2012, 02:35 PM   #65
UberPirateNinja

Awards Showcase XBA Promoter   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Bronze   1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
I tried that, but he ended up just hanging there from a branch with nowhere to go. Did it eventually, seemed there was a sweet spot on the one branch, if I didn't hit it, I just dived straight into the hay. Was a frustrating 30 minutes!
Old 11-08-2012, 02:48 PM   #66
Floydian x Slip

Quote:
Originally Posted by optics View Post
Pressing B, a back button, at the main menu on the MP disc will ask you to swap to the single player disc.... WTF.

Really tired of these optional objectives.... "Kill the three generals".... *Kills three generals*.... "Failed objective: Get a 3 kill combo" .... That shit never even showed up on screen.

Whistle.... really wish you could use it while hiding in a bush.
The whole point of hiding in a bush is to blend and avoid all detection. If you whistled, you would become too obvious, unlike being around a corner or covered in hay. Then people like you would just come here and go "Why the fuck can I whistle while in a bush? This game is so glitched and stupid."
Old 11-08-2012, 03:58 PM   #67
bearmod

xASL GODMODEx's Gamercard
Really the only complaint I have about the game is that it takes so god damn long to get into the game. The first 5 sequences of the game felt like a tutorial for me. I get that when you play as Haytham they're setting the story up but I feel like they could've got us playing as Connor a lot faster than they did.
Old 11-08-2012, 04:11 PM   #68
Floydian x Slip

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearmod View Post
Really the only complaint I have about the game is that it takes so god damn long to get into the game. The first 5 sequences of the game felt like a tutorial for me. I get that when you play as Haytham they're setting the story up but I feel like they could've got us playing as Connor a lot faster than they did.
Couldn't agree more with you there. That's also my only gripe.
Old 11-08-2012, 04:15 PM   #69
UberPirateNinja

yeah, i feel a lot of the early part of the game could have been condensed into a decent cutscene or two, it was so dull. the twist was unexpected tho.
Old 11-08-2012, 05:07 PM   #70
Topherion

Topherion's Gamercard
The twist was undermined for me, frustratingly enough: I religiously read the ADB entries whenever they unlock (even for the Almanacks);
Spoiler! (click here to reveal)

Last edited by Topherion; 11-08-2012 at 05:10 PM.
Topherion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 05:31 PM   #71
FSparacino4

im boomheadshot's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
People bitching about "paying twice" need a reality check. Since the game comes with the online code included, you are CHOOSING to "pay twice" by buying a game used. That's on you, not the game company trying to limit resales and make a profit so that they can continue to develop new games. Any average Joe with a sense of how the economy works would know that.
50,000 : Wei of The Road (Sleeping Dogs)
FSparacino4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 08:28 PM   #72
optics

Quote:
Originally Posted by Floydian x Slip View Post
The whole point of hiding in a bush is to blend and avoid all detection. If you whistled, you would become too obvious, unlike being around a corner or covered in hay. Then people like you would just come here and go "Why the fuck can I whistle while in a bush? This game is so glitched and stupid."
... sitting on a bench and whistling would be less obvious? Think about that for a sec....

Theres a group of people there and one of them is whistling at me, better check it out.

Oh hey, I think I heard a whistle coming from that hay. What in the world would be in hay and whistling, best be cautious.

Oh hey, I heard a whistle coming from the bushes over there, could be a small animal, best check it out.

You hear a sound coming from a bush and all you see is a bush as you approach to examine the are. You whistle while sitting on a bench and you see someone sitting there. Which would you be less cautious about? Knowing that there is someone there (bench) or checking to see the area where that noise came because who knows, maybe it could be an animal that made a noise that sounded like a whistle. Believe it or not, small animals do make sounds! You would expect animals to be in bushes making sounds, not people....

So to sum everything up, if I was avoiding detection, why would I whistle? Whistling is an option..... Its used in the game to lure unsuspecting enemies.

Some people just need to think....
Old 11-08-2012, 08:43 PM   #73
Floydian x Slip

Hahaha, butthurt angst.
Old 11-08-2012, 09:46 PM   #74
optics

Stupidity... No response on that topic. Feelin sorry for you right now.
Old 11-09-2012, 12:24 AM   #75
Shina Black

Shina Black's Gamercard
Guess I won't be original, but I just have to bitch about the game. So here we go, in no particular order:
1. It's bugged as hell. I mean I can understand Connor sometimes getting stuck on something. But when I have to restart the game, because missions just won't count as completed after completing them (happened to me a couple of times with liberation missions) it really pisses me off.
2. The ending. Just wtf.
3. Connor's voice when he speaks English. After months of listening to the masterpiece that was Roger Craig Smith's voicing of Ezio it just hurts my ears.
4. Why does Connor speak his native language in the first place? Or rather why does Desmond hear it as Connor's native language? Shouldn't the Animus be translating it?
5. Online achievements. I hate them and I will most probably never do them. I just don't understand why they put oline achievements in all those games.

Last edited by Shina Black; 11-09-2012 at 01:08 AM.
Shina Black is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 10:56 AM   #76
slmmzy

slmmzy's Gamercard
Becoming anonymous when being chased by enemies is so frustrating. This was never a problem in previous games.
Old 11-10-2012, 12:26 AM   #77
TYLER x DURD3N

LGB TylerDURD3N's Gamercard
The final mission is the most ridicioulus shit i have ever played:
the way stupid conner moves and climbs is completely random.
how the enemies act is completely random.

THE CONTROLS OF THIS GAME ARE ABSOLUT CRAP.
Old 11-10-2012, 01:43 AM   #78
EngagedMetal7

EngagedMetal7's Gamercard
The multiplayer
EngagedMetal7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 01:53 AM   #79
Quid Squid

elKamikazeSquid's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by TYLER x DURD3N View Post
The final mission is the most ridicioulus shit i have ever played:
the way stupid conner moves and climbs is completely random.
how the enemies act is completely random.

THE CONTROLS OF THIS GAME ARE ABSOLUT CRAP.
i think you were taking the same route i originally took based on a video walkthrough. after dozens of tries with that where i could never get the same outcome as the video i found another one where the guy went all the way to the right at the beginning and you dont encounter any enemies and dont get hit by the explosion. no obstacles except 2 people and you jump on a column and then head back to right before the last set of guards. so much easier.
Quid Squid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 02:25 AM   #80
Robot God

Robot God's Gamercard
The ending boss fights were really disappointing.I was expecting a really tough fight against Connor's father but it was a big let down.
Robot God is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 11:00 AM   #81
Shina Black

Shina Black's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robot God View Post
The ending boss fights were really disappointing.I was expecting a really tough fight against Connor's father but it was a big let down.
Yeah, but then it's always like this in all the games in the series. The fights with Rodrigo in AC2 and Cesare in Brotherhood were really easy and Revelations didn't even have a final boss fight. The only problem I ever had with boss fight in the series were final fights in AC1, with Maria posing as de Sable and then with de Sable himself.
So I wasn't expecting much this time
Shina Black is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 12:59 PM   #82
iamthearrison

iamthearrison's Gamercard
As much as Im enjoying it, it does have its flaws.

The sync points in the trees in Frontier. All the trees are completely identical. They could have put some variety in, seems lazy to me.

The horses are shit. They get stuck in scenery, wont go where you want them to. In the mission where you have to get the doc to the pregnant woman, I had to repeat it 4 times cos the docs horse was stuck at the top of a ledge and he didnt get there on time, even though I was there with 20 seconds to spare.

The camera has a mind of its own. Too many times ive been in a fight under a balcony in a fort, and the cameras spun itself above the balcony, so I cant see a thing, and wont move back till I run out into the open. and the prison mission, where you have to go up 3 flights of stairs without being seen, and the game wont let you look up. Stupid stupid stupid.

Missing missions on the map. I start the assassin contract in NY, but nothing shows on the map for the location of the targets.

Multiplayer. Pointless, Id have rather they spent the time improving the single player and left it out altogether.
iamthearrison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 01:29 PM   #83
AirborneRichard

AirborneRichard's Gamercard
Let me start off to point out this game started off being in development while most of us started playing ACII and Brotherhood, its then Ubisoft took the majority of their team and start working on ACIII, and this def shows at some points. Where as Ezio in Revelation or before in Brotherhood had plenty of extra movements here as Connor is seems limited. The lack of things not explained properly or worse not even explained in the manual (at least thats where a manual was for in the old days, nowadays its just rights and a small amounth of things about the actual game.
This def could be a burden for those new to the AC serie and not used to the controls. There many more things to complain or argue about, probly some noticed the texture pop-ups and its seems they float at a distance. And most annoying part is the fact it seems Ubisoft tought it might be fun to add optional objectives into the game to make it more of a challenge but it took a step to the worse realy when compared to older games, some are just nearly impossible to complete and only those patient enough will trying to get them all. Another thing Ubisoft seems to have done was take all the great things from previous AC games and traded them in for the things we hated or disliked so much. The miss of buying stores and let you earn money is one of them. Okay there is a trading system but lets be honest if your not pickpocket or go hunting like crazy some of those upgrades def on your ship is nearly impossible to get without it. Then those pesky delivery missions i not even want to mention.
Besides all this i still realy enjoy this game, but instead of having the sum of all AC games in one i feel Ubisoft took a step back instead of a gaint leap ahead with ACIII to bad as the new engine and everything they promised us not realy show up in the final game. As for me Ezio did a far better job in Revelation and even that wasn,t the best game in the series tho. I still like Connor as a new caracter tho, but he,s angry alot and not got the flair and the effect that Altair or Ezio had or?
Old 11-10-2012, 01:31 PM   #84
SuperSpatman

Scorpion825's Gamercard
It pisses me off how good this game is. like..... GOSH
SuperSpatman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 01:58 PM   #85
Dark Link IV

link n load's Gamercard
Some of the feathers are impossible to grab.

Asura's Wrath is an underestimated game.
Dark Link IV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 08:56 PM   #86
ktmare

ktmare's Gamercard
Just the lack of explaining things. Like corraling those damn pigs in the pen. And a lot of other sequences and stuff there was no explanation for. And I play this game to run around and stab people, not sail in a ship and get seasick. I'd rather play the entire game as Haytham, he was badass.
ktmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 10:45 PM   #87
Hurricane Of 87

Hurricane Of 87's Gamercard
The discovered map is blue, the background swirly animiation is blue, the undiscovered parts of the map are blue. Lots of squinting necessary.

DAFUQ files:
The FIN achievement popped after I arrived in Boston. I didn't start any missions or anything, but I did do the Evacuation Day 'mission' in NYC.
The Brawler Missions, the original dude at the Brewery isn't coming up on my map. I'll probably have to look up where he is online.
Sometime after finishing sequence 4 or 5 I threw myself off the top of a building and desynchronized, then I respawned in the, middle of the Frontier with two city boys around me who invited me to some club, giving me the By Invitation Only achievement out of the blue.

ERRORS:
There's a typo on the database entry about Evacuation Day. It points out Which of the 3 Treaty Of Paris' it was but the data at the top of the entry is the date for the TOP for the French/Indian War or The 7 Years War. IDK. I took a picture of it. I'll upload that later but I doubt many were reading these things.
A handful of subtitles were misspelt.
One of the Homestead scenes with Prudence and Warren had about 3 times as many subtitles as there was dialogue, just stuff that wasn't even part of the scene.
I had the subtitles on because the BGM was as loud as the speech most of the time.

I was never a big fan of the Outside the Animus part of this series, but another cliffhanger ending? Another climatic platforming sequence? FFS. You can do better than this Ubisoft. At least let me beat up the pope like in AC II.

Defeating the templars wasn't very satisfying. There wasn't much to defeating them when it got down to it. I think Charles Lee was just a platforming sequence. Speaking of which Connor's ribs should have healed relatively quickly but he's still nursing them when he goes to bury the artifact a whole six months later.

Other Stuff:
Hickey's endless circular running pattern at the end of sequence 8
Stocking up on snares/bait, doing a mission and then finding my snares have gone back to 0 for some unexplained reason. (Passage of time perhaps?)
The opening mission had NPCs vanishing. Good thing The Animus is a built in excuse for these things.
Not sure if it was AnvilNext's probably of an artistic choice but the beer/wine bottles looked awful. Too dull/opaque.
After looting corpses/skinning animals I find I can't rotate my camera for about 5 seconds afterwards.

Moan over. Great game on the whole.
Hurricane Of 87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 11:38 PM   #88
Zemnate

BrokenBid's Gamercard
I'm loving the story line of the game at the moment, currently in Sequence 7, but I'm really fucking hating the combat side of this. Why fix what ain't broke? The combat system was great in AC 1, 2. It was made perfect in Brotherhood/Revelations. Now, I'd rather use the combat system of PacMan to fight.

I hate the fact that I can't go to a tailor/doctor etc. Have a bank balance from these things instead of trading fucking lumber.

Hunting is cool, I honestly think I'd rather end my AC days in the forest than on the streets of Boston fighting redcoats.

My order of AC in terms of the best.

1 - AC2
2 - ACR
3 - ACB
4 - AC1
10 - AC3

I'm going to get as much gamerscore as I possibly can and then sell this piece of shit.

If you're looking to boost these games. Message me on Xbox Live.

Injustice: Gods Among Us - Fable 3 - Mortal Kombat (2011)
Zemnate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 04:03 AM   #89
nicidee

DaisyDukeDee78's Gamercard
1. The combat system. More specifically, that Connor autoatically enters into combat stance whenever you are detected by an enemy. Which makes it considerably more difficult to actually get him to turn and run away when you are cornered by a massive group of enemies. And considering how difficult it is to escape the endless streams of guards in this game, it would be nice if it would allow you to determine "fight or flee" rather than just forcing you into a fight. It might not seem like a big deal, but I am playing Seq. 8 Mem. 1 right now, where you have to chase the target through the crowded streets of New York without losing him & without shoving or tackling anyone. Everytime I run into a group of guards, I get triggered into combat & have to RT + run the other direction to get out of it...and run smack into a civilian. FAIL.

2. Connor has shit maneuverability. So he can climb trees...whoopdy-freakin-do. He climbs so damn slow I can't pull off a single mission without getting a red triangle...although luckily they usually disappear once you are out of their line of sight. So, thank God the enemies are nearsighted I guess.

3. The ridiculous AI that is both way too smart, and incredibly dumb at the same time. They can sense you from anywhere if you go into high profile at anytime, but you can creep right up behind them in Low Profile and do whatever you want - plant a bomb, steal a key out of their pocket, kill a couple of their buddies - and they'll be none the wiser. Oh but forget eavesdropping. Somehow they always know you are listening in on their conversation, even if you just walking along like a normal person.

4. Why, oh why, does every guard in town have to jump your ass when you kill one guy? And God forbid you get in a fight and kill a few guards, and your notoriety goes up and then some more come. So you think, "Well I'll just fight these guys off and then I'll go hide in that haystack over there." But then they just keep coming, and your notoriety just keeps going up, 'till soon you're fully notorious. Well now you've got to deal with Jagers, and they're no fun. And even if you do make it to the water (which is essentially the only surefire way of becoming anonymous), good luck getting anywhere near a Town Crier or Print Shop with Level 3 Notoriety... Welcome to ACIII. Life's a bitch, then you get swarmed by Redcoats.

5. "Complete all constraints within a single playthrough." What the...?!?! Motherf*%&#r.
nicidee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 05:29 AM   #90
VerifyedRasta

VerifyedRasta's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shmedricko View Post
They changed Desmond's face.
Like they do in every other game. I just learned to get used to it now...
*Becomes Arch-Mage of Mage's college*
"You know..."
VerifyedRasta is offline   Reply With Quote