PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Racing > Need for Speed: Most Wanted (2012)
Subscribe    Donate

Old 11-04-2012, 04:33 AM   #1
chrishaney23

NY Yankees 23 2's Gamercard
OFFICIAL Bitching Thread

I figured I make the usual thread since I see a lot of bitching going on and after a 15 hour NFS fest today, I got a few of my own. Let the bitching begin!

"Most Wanted" - Criterion, you should be ashamed of yourselves. But then again its EA so they probably pushed for the name on the box. I dont care if you say "Most Wanted" is your take on the original. If this game is your take then you guys got bigger problems over there than even I thought. Yeah yeah yeah, "Most Wanted" within my friends. Whatever. Heres an idea, come up with your own dam title to the game because the only reason why"Most Wanted" was slapped on the box was for the average consumer to see the title and remember probably the best (sorry Underground) NFS ever made. So you guys thought you could cash in on it. Kiss Off!

Security Gates - Where the fuck is a map Criterion? Theres a map of everything else so whats the deal? Let me guess, EA said to put it out as DLC next month right! Guaranteed its already on the dam disc too. 135 gates and we're supposed to remember/find them all without any point of reference? Thanks!

Story Progression - Where the hell is it? I only played 20 races, at most, a few cop chases, 1 hour online and a few billboards and gates later I was already #1 on the Most Wanted list? SERIOUSLY?

Easy Drive - So Microsoft bought ya's out too? So if I had a Kinect, I could just say change tires, etc and I would go from track to reinflate tires. Sa-weeeeet! But without Kinect, I gotta try to control that raped ape Bugatti at 200mph while trying to change my tires with the EasyDrive menu filling up the ENTIRE CENTER OF MY SCREEN?!?!?!?! Thanks again.

Viewing Angle - TWO FUCKING VIEWING ANGLES? ARE YOU KIDDING? So its either right behind the car or you are painting the lines on the road from the "below the bumper cam" view? Excellent. Roof cam, in car cam farther behind the car cam? All out the door huh? Oi vey!

And last (for now) but not least....Crashing. Why am I am crashing more than I am driving? I mean it. You touch a freakin trash can the wrong way and the dam car explodes. I am sick of seeing that crash cam. Its cool the first, AND ONLY time, after that, its annoying. There are 2 million little nooks and crannies around that map and you made sure that car will explode if I get anywhere near any of them. Seriously, you need to over haul that shit and quick. Midnight Club: LA was awesome with this. If you hit a tree or what not you would just like bounce off of it and keep going. (Dont start people, these are arcade style racers, NOT Forza) I want to race, and race fast, but i cant if I am crashing into everything and anything I hit over 25mph. This is totally ridiculous. PLEASE FIX !

Last edited by chrishaney23; 11-04-2012 at 04:47 AM.
chrishaney23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 07:25 PM   #2
unabatedshagie

Send a message via AIM to unabatedshagie Send a message via MSN to unabatedshagie Send a message via Yahoo to unabatedshagie

unabatedshagie's Gamercard
I'm completely the other way about the Kinect, I wish I could turn it off. My kids and partner keep on activating the map, rotating the camera etc. It's damn annoying.

When it works it works good.

As for the crashing, I found it a little frustrating at the beginning but after the first hour or so it's not that bad now.
unabatedshagie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 07:43 PM   #3
Kroesis

Kroesis's Gamercard
I've tried using kinect and I can make it all the way through the menu until the choice of Tyre or chassis and then it stops, I have to finish the selection with the control pad or say "next... next... yes... drive". Mind you, I've not looked to see if there are any shortcut commands which bypass the whole process, so if there are then I guess it'd be alright.

As for the security gates map, yeah it's not there but I doubt they'd charge for it as dlc. Paradise was given an update that highlighted jumps with hi-vis cones so they may do something similar here but it's not something that i'd personally rage about.

I admit there could be more viewing angles but doesn't affect me as I only use the one and they could have made progression longer but then it's a balance between being too short or too long. I guess they had the casual social gamer in mind.

As for crashing, well that's driver error (and bad luck come crossroads), I've not noticed any areas or invisible walls that cause you to crash and I've been through plenty of debris with no crash so yeah driving fast means driving smart, you are allowed to use the break! I do NOT want to bounce of anything, if I'm driving recklessly and make a mistake, I want to be punished for it.
Old 11-04-2012, 08:04 PM   #4
dodo101

Eqic DodoO's Gamercard
The big thing i hate about this game is how it performs!

Framerate
Sometimes even when there is not so much happening on the screen the framerate drops below 20!

Random freezes
Sometimes the game seems to freeze for a mid sec.
I don't know if i am the only one with this problem.

Random SP disappear
Sometimes when youre connected to autolog and it disconnects randomly and you reconnect.
SP will disappear!
dodo101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 08:23 PM   #5
patrick_bateman

RYAN WHITELAW's Gamercard
The original post made me facepalm big time.
patrick_bateman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 08:28 PM   #6
UberPirateNinja

UberPirateNinja's Gamercard

Awards Showcase XBA Promoter   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Bronze   1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
One thing that is really getting on my tits now - whenever you do something that earns you speedpoints, perform a takedown etc, you get a big banner flashed ACROSS THE CENTRE OF THE SCREEN completely obscuring your view of the road and world around you. Who's bright idea was that? I cannot believe that was not picked up in testing, the amount of times I've crashed (usually into something small & inconspicuous like the OP mentions) because of that stupid points message...
UberPirateNinja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 08:47 PM   #7
Kroesis

Kroesis's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by dodo101 View Post
Random freezes
Sometimes the game seems to freeze for a mid sec.
I don't know if i am the only one with this problem.
Is this in MP? I've only experienced this in MP and usually only when someone new joins the world in close proximity, hence why I'm happy that there isn't extensive visual modifications, as I believe it'd mean a longer pause to load up the model variant.
Old 11-04-2012, 10:14 PM   #8
dodo101

Eqic DodoO's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kroesis View Post
Is this in MP? I've only experienced this in MP and usually only when someone new joins the world in close proximity, hence why I'm happy that there isn't extensive visual modifications, as I believe it'd mean a longer pause to load up the model variant.
I have it in sp too!
The game itself is installed on my hdd i gonna try to run it off disk maybe it helps?
dodo101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 10:19 PM   #9
Barad
High on Life

Send a message via Skype™ to Barad

Barad XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Platinum   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Bronze   Road Map - Emerald   Achievement Guide - Platinum   Donator - Level 2   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   CABS Beta Tester   XBA Representer   Staff Club - troy0891
Total Awards: 22 (more» ...)
I hate when these threads are made so soon after a game releases..makes you wonder if ever there will be a game that won't require this shit.

Barad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 12:27 AM   #10
Kroesis

Kroesis's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by dodo101 View Post
I have it in sp too!
The game itself is installed on my hdd i gonna try to run it off disk maybe it helps?
I've only noticed a slight pause when connecting to the autolog servers in SP (kept getting disconnected last night) other than that no other pauses. I have been running it off the disk though I doubt that is the solution. Let us know if you notice a difference!
Old 11-05-2012, 01:16 AM   #11
SatNiteEduardo

satniteeduardo's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Most Wanted had character or more to the point characters. This game simply has cars. The videos before each race might look flashy but they are just flashy videos. No worthy character building.

Burnout Paradise had character ie the game had character. This game just has tasks to do and none of them are fun. Nothing in this game or any other has come close to the fun factor from the co-op challenges in Burnout Paradise.

I really wanted to like this game but it has taken the good points from a couple of other games and made a bad game with them.

And this is the first game in a long time where I have made comment n the graphics. I always say the graphics are only bad if they distract me from the game and this game is the first in a while where that has happened.
Old 11-05-2012, 02:13 AM   #12
EchoPark

Send a message via MSN to EchoPark

EchoPark's Gamercard
I agree with one thing on the original post ... i feel the bumper cam is a lil to low it could be a bit higher.

Plus I dont mind about the original Most Wanted but did that have an arrow or something I feel if am not always looking at the map I will go down the wrong road

100% XBLA: 11
Latest: Minecraft
Working On: Choplifter

100% WP7: 8
Latest: Feed Me Oil
Working On: Angry Birds
EchoPark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 02:36 PM   #13
Sinful Samhein

Sinful Samhein's Gamercard
My only complaint is the fact that I crash all the time and have to watch the CRASH simulation a billion times.
Sinful Samhein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 08:15 PM   #14
kierons316

Rambaldi 666's Gamercard
Been looking around for this thread lolz...

As good as the game is (I love NFS games, mostly...) there are a few things that, erm, basically, piss me off...

Firstly, crash cams... I hate them. Whether they got the idea from Burnout IDK but to me, they are utter pointless. As well as once restarting my car on the edge of a cliff (glitch???) they take too much time, yeah, call me a whiner for that i dont care but they suck.

2, I read above someone mention the lack of camera angles... rubbish.

3. Takedowns, heat level increase / decrease, evasion, or whatever things pop up in the middle of the screen while you're driving against traffic at nearly 200mp/h, like, what!? Do we really need it in the middle of the screen? Not to mention the Easydrive menu blocking the screen. Yay...

4. The name... The original most wanted was, sorry, is, probably the best racing game ever (close to NFS Underground 2 for PC). Why why why have they called this the same name, when the game is, to me completely different!?

I'm sure there's other things for me to moan about I just can't think of any.

Laters.

P.S. It is still a great game.
100% - 26
--
50,000G - May 2013
--
Working On: Loads
--
kierons316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 01:16 AM   #15
STLfan2468

STLfan2468's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
I agree with the earlier post. I wish you didn't have to say "easydrive, next, next, next, next, next, yes" and just say "easydrive, change tires, re-inflatables."
Old 01-02-2013, 01:41 AM   #16
littlejay

Fuzzmeister J's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Micro Guide - Bronze   2,500 Posts   Submit - Silver   Achievement Guide - Bronze
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Crash cams are worse in the DLC. Ive wrecked those new cars prolly more than any normal car. They made the cars so fast, they often drive over walls and fences for an insta-crash and it's pretty annoying for a game that should be fast and arcady.
Old 01-03-2013, 02:27 AM   #17
vI-Youneek-Iv

Send a message via AIM to vI-Youneek-Iv

PepSuber x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase x360a Representer   1,000 Posts   Word of Mouth   Donator - Level 1
Why was this thread made? By far best Racer so far since Burnout Paradise.

vI-Youneek-Iv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 12:06 AM   #18
TheChich81

TheChich81's Gamercard
Let's face it. There hasn't been a good NFS game in many years. I agree completely on the crashcam, the lack of view angles, the complete lack of a story, and the lack of time it takes to become #1. A few more things that are complete garbage is the lack of a manual transmission. How can a racing game not include a manual?? Also, when you're driving off road, if you're less than half a mile behind the car in front of you you can't see anything because of the dirt.

I can't say that I was expecting much, but it's nice to see that NFS continues to exceed my expectations of how bad a game can be. I won't be getting any new NFS' for quite a while, which is sad, I used to love the old games..
Wheelman (1000/1000)
Fallout 3 (1300)
X-Men Origins: Wolverine (1000/1000)
Assassin's Creed 2 (1000/1000)
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 (1000/1000)
Darksiders: Wrath of War (1000/1000)
Dante's Inferno (1000/1000)
Mafia II (1000/1000)
Need For Speed Hot Pursuit (1000/1000)
Madden NFL 11 (1000/1000)
Saint's Row The Third (1000/1000)
TheChich81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 09:17 PM   #19
UberPirateNinja

UberPirateNinja's Gamercard

Awards Showcase XBA Promoter   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Bronze   1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
Lens flare, oh God the lens flare...
UberPirateNinja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 01:03 AM   #20
Spanish Assault

Send a message via Skype™ to Spanish Assault

Spanish Assault's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Gold   Micro Guide - Bronze   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   10,000 posts   Over Achiever - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 7 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by vI-Youneek-Iv View Post
Why was this thread made? By far best Racer so far since Burnout Paradise.
agreed.....love this game. All I do is laugh when I play MP on this game. Even the tedious collectibles don't annoy me.
Old 01-10-2013, 11:11 AM   #21
Shrubbery

iShrubbery's Gamercard
The crash system in this game is absolute bullshit. This is not Most Wanted. The Most Wanted that we all played and loved had pursuit breakers, helicopters and the ability to ram the ever-loving shit out of the cops to break through road blocks or just to take them out. It had the ability to actually customize the appearance of your car and make it your own. sigh, it's still pretty fun but it's not Most Wanted, sorry Criterion. Although I blame EA more than anything, they ruined Mass Effect 3 for me as well..
Shrubbery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 06:10 PM   #22
AmbaLaBamba

AmbaLaBamba's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Road Map - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   Over Achiever - Bronze   1,000 Posts   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Gamer Chick!
Total Awards: 6 (more» ...)
'Road Block Passed'.. Oh thanks, but now you''ve popped up and block the middle of my screen I'm sure as hell aint going to miss that car up ahead of me, thanks game!

AmbaLaBamba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 09:55 PM   #23
StarsRPD

Eskobar M92's Gamercard
Too easy to crash (damn traffic) and redo all upgrades for cars. Lucky if my xbox and controller survives this game. Good thing I have Far Cry 3 to play when I want to break this NFS disk.

The online is ok but nothing compared to burnout paradise.

Edit: pause menu volume, controls etc stutters and cant be accessed.

Last edited by StarsRPD; 01-13-2013 at 05:25 PM.
StarsRPD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 09:39 PM   #24
REfan001

Send a message via AIM to REfan001

Guneagle01's Gamercard
I cant believe what a giant shit pile this game is. The controls are awful, I dont know why they couldn't just keep X as the drift button. You are constantly crashing into shit cause all the cars handle like ass. The game is completely aimless. There are constant freeze ups, even in the menus. I was also playing multiplayer (which is crap, btw) and my entire hud disappears and back and start dont work so I have to dashboard out of the game.

REfan001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 10:03 PM   #25
kierons316

Rambaldi 666's Gamercard
Another one, happened a few times... driving along at 200 mph, then a cop suv spawns from no where right in front of you. Bang
100% - 26
--
50,000G - May 2013
--
Working On: Loads
--
kierons316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 11:05 PM   #26
Barad
High on Life

Send a message via Skype™ to Barad

Barad XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Platinum   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Bronze   Road Map - Emerald   Achievement Guide - Platinum   Donator - Level 2   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   CABS Beta Tester   XBA Representer   Staff Club - troy0891
Total Awards: 22 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kierons316 View Post
Another one, happened a few times... driving along at 200 mph, then a cop suv spawns from no where right in front of you. Bang

This happens at the start of the Needle Point event like every other attempt also lol VERY annoying.

Barad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 08:39 AM   #27
iBuzz7S

Awards Showcase 5,000 Posts   Submit - Bronze   Donator - Level 2
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
I'm playing this on the PS3 and I assume it is the same on the 360 version too.

Defeated #4 Most Wanted and the car you have to beat? Aventador. I was like "fuck yeah, can sack the Gallardo and use this instead"..... boy was I wrong. After taking it out, I realised that you would have to buy an add-on pack to use this car, one that is available in-game, to race against.

Why? Most stupidest fucking thing I have encountered in gaming. Let me guess, #3, #2 and #1 is the same as well?
Old 03-02-2013, 10:38 AM   #28
bs000

bs000's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Achievement Guide - Silver   Micro Guide - Bronze   Road Map - Gold   Submit - Bronze
Quote:
Originally Posted by iBuzz7S View Post
I'm playing this on the PS3 and I assume it is the same on the 360 version too.

Defeated #4 Most Wanted and the car you have to beat? Aventador. I was like "fuck yeah, can sack the Gallardo and use this instead"..... boy was I wrong. After taking it out, I realised that you would have to buy an add-on pack to use this car, one that is available in-game, to race against.

Why? Most stupidest fucking thing I have encountered in gaming. Let me guess, #3, #2 and #1 is the same as well?
You're trying to use the Aventador J, which is a DLC car. Try selecting the Aventador instead. You're getting mad over nothing.
Old 03-04-2013, 01:39 AM   #29
Spanish Assault

Send a message via Skype™ to Spanish Assault

Spanish Assault's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Gold   Micro Guide - Bronze   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   10,000 posts   Over Achiever - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 7 (more» ...)
really starting to hate the DLC for this game. I dont want to grind MP anymore.
Old 03-04-2013, 02:51 PM   #30
TheTrueStein

TheTrueStein's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmbaLaBamba View Post
'Road Block Passed'.. Oh thanks, but now you''ve popped up and block the middle of my screen I'm sure as hell aint going to miss that car up ahead of me, thanks game!
This is the single largest complaint I have about this game, the pop up message that covers the middle of the screen when you unlock a pro mod, or a takedown.
TheTrueStein is offline   Reply With Quote