PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooter > Metro: Last Light
Subscribe    Donate

Old 11-04-2012, 03:38 PM   #1
DiasdeGalvan

DiasdeGalvan's Gamercard
Metro: Last Light Will Not Feature Multiplayer

http://www.enterthemetro.com/us/news...nouncement_us/

Since our E3 demo back in June, many of you have been asking about the multiplayer component of Metro: Last Light. We wanted to share some information with you, the Metro community, first.

Throughout the development of Metro: Last light a small, dedicated team had been working on a number of multiplayer prototypes. After E3, we decided to fold this multiplayer team back into the main group and focus 100% of the studio’s resources on the single player campaign. As a result, Metro: Last Light will not ship with a multiplayer component.

Your response to our E3 demo made it very clear that although there was a lot of interest and intrigue around Metro’s multiplayer, the single player campaign is what the fanbase cares about the most.

We feel this is the right decision for the game and have put together a brief Q&A with a few more details below, hopefully they answer many of your questions. Thank you for being a part of our community and as always, we’d love to hear your comments!

Q: You said Metro will not ship with multiplayer. Does that mean we might see Metro MP as DLC or a standalone release at a later date?

A: Right now we’re 100% focused on the single player campaign and not thinking beyond that. We don’t like throwing away work though, it’s a project we could potentially return to after Metro: Last Light ships.

Q: Can you tell us what the multiplayer mode was going to be like?

A: For the reasons above, we’re going to keep that under wraps for now!

Q: Why did you commit to a multiplayer mode in the first place?

A: We are gamers at the studio and really wanted to bring the world of Metro to life in a multiplayer environment. It was a decision made by us at 4A from the outset and THQ have since been supportive every step of the way, including our decision to put multiplayer on hold. In hindsight, it was probably a mistake to announce it when we did, but we’re an enthusiastic team and wanted to be open about what we were making!

Q: How much better would the single player campaign have been if you’d just focused on that right from the start?

A: Fortunately, we never dedicated too many resources to the MP component beyond prototyping – it never entered full production. By making the decision when we did, we think the single player campaign will benefit as a result.

Q: Does this decision change Metro’s release date in any way?

A: No. Metro is still on target for release in early 2013

DiasdeGalvan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 07:27 AM   #2
IXISHADOW

Disturbed XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase XBA Representer   Over Achiever - Silver   x360a Representer   Word of Mouth   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiasdeGalvan View Post
http://www.enterthemetro.com/us/news...nouncement_us/

Since our E3 demo back in June, many of you have been asking about the multiplayer component of Metro: Last Light. We wanted to share some information with you, the Metro community, first.

Throughout the development of Metro: Last light a small, dedicated team had been working on a number of multiplayer prototypes. After E3, we decided to fold this multiplayer team back into the main group and focus 100% of the studio’s resources on the single player campaign. As a result, Metro: Last Light will not ship with a multiplayer component.

Your response to our E3 demo made it very clear that although there was a lot of interest and intrigue around Metro’s multiplayer, the single player campaign is what the fanbase cares about the most.

We feel this is the right decision for the game and have put together a brief Q&A with a few more details below, hopefully they answer many of your questions. Thank you for being a part of our community and as always, we’d love to hear your comments!

Q: You said Metro will not ship with multiplayer. Does that mean we might see Metro MP as DLC or a standalone release at a later date?

A: Right now we’re 100% focused on the single player campaign and not thinking beyond that. We don’t like throwing away work though, it’s a project we could potentially return to after Metro: Last Light ships.

Q: Can you tell us what the multiplayer mode was going to be like?

A: For the reasons above, we’re going to keep that under wraps for now!

Q: Why did you commit to a multiplayer mode in the first place?

A: We are gamers at the studio and really wanted to bring the world of Metro to life in a multiplayer environment. It was a decision made by us at 4A from the outset and THQ have since been supportive every step of the way, including our decision to put multiplayer on hold. In hindsight, it was probably a mistake to announce it when we did, but we’re an enthusiastic team and wanted to be open about what we were making!

Q: How much better would the single player campaign have been if you’d just focused on that right from the start?

A: Fortunately, we never dedicated too many resources to the MP component beyond prototyping – it never entered full production. By making the decision when we did, we think the single player campaign will benefit as a result.

Q: Does this decision change Metro’s release date in any way?

A: No. Metro is still on target for release in early 2013
Fantastic news! MP would ruin the game. Another game I cannot wait for!

Thanks to Xerofox for the awesome sig!
IXISHADOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 06:20 PM   #3
Opiate42

Location: Canada, likely stuck in a snowdrift...with no shovel

Opiate42's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Gold   Staff Club - Rajeanero   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Submit - Bronze   XBA Promoter   Staff Club - DEG23   Over Achiever - Bronze   5,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 9 (more» ...)
All I can say is:

Thank you THQ

"Hit it"
Opiate42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 08:16 PM   #4
xxJUSTINxx

OddFull Metal's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
It better not have MP, every game doesn't need it as its just a waste of money for developers. Why bother making a MP that dies a few weeks after release.
Old 12-11-2012, 06:15 PM   #5
WipeoutBoy1

xenomorphs's Gamercard
Fantastic news!
Old 12-17-2012, 05:32 AM   #6
Ronin1977

Ronin1977's Gamercard
yeah thats awesome news no multiplayer great so they focusing on singleplayer good move
Old 01-21-2013, 05:14 AM   #7
cab0218

cab0218's Gamercard
This is really good. Im looking forward to the game.

cab0218 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 11:50 PM   #8
FrozenRaptorz
Banned User

FrozenRaptorz's Gamercard
I know I'm a bit late in reading this but single player only game is amazing. Maybe they'll spoil us with a spec ops/fear 3 system of extra fun in SP.
FrozenRaptorz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 06:13 PM   #9
Razzmatazz17

Razzmatazz17's Gamercard
Wonderful news!
Razzmatazz17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 12:42 AM   #10
USMC 90 95

USMC 90 95's Gamercard
I'm up in the air on this. I wouldn't mind seeing a multiplayer, how many times can you play single player campaign before you switch to another game? At least with a multiplayer you get a little more life out of the game. I was a fan of Bioshock 2 multiplayer and Call of Juarez BIB also.
USMC 90 95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 11:56 AM   #11
Barad

Location: Bristol, England Occupation: Undergraduate Status: Doing a raid
Send a message via Skype™ to Barad

Barad XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase The Mighty Duck Face   Achievement Guide - Emerald   The Sports Challenge Club - Tier 1   Community Gaming - Emerald   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Bronze   Road Map - Emerald   Donator - Level 2   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   CABS Beta Tester
Total Awards: 24 (more» ...)
Just like it shouldn't, great to hear!

Barad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 10:19 PM   #12
deluxnugs

deluxnugs's Gamercard
it may have some multi coming. maybe 5 pieces of dlc including multiplayer.its likely this is a newer development after them being purchased by koch media.
id really love them to have some kind of coop. with all the mutants and different factions the universe is really ripe for some zombie type or even mission based coop. really i always have the most fun in survival/round type of coop. anyway anything like that would be amazing.
Sheep:1. A group of people who lack the capacity for careful consideration, imagination, or individual thought, who thusly go with the group and allow terrible trends and events to unfold and make us all miserable.
do not send me friend requests on xbox live.
deluxnugs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 04:39 AM   #13
WOLFkraut

WOLFkraut's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by deluxnugs View Post
it may have some multi coming. maybe 5 pieces of dlc including multiplayer.its likely this is a newer development after them being purchased by koch media.
id really love them to have some kind of coop. with all the mutants and different factions the universe is really ripe for some zombie type or even mission based coop. really i always have the most fun in survival/round type of coop. anyway anything like that would be amazing.
No, it's not. If you had been following this game, you would know that the devs long ago discussed the idea of making the multiplayer a post-launch DLC and seemed interested in doing so.

Co-op would be nice, though.
Old 04-26-2013, 04:42 AM   #14
Aiden95

fear the people's Gamercard
Doesnt bother me one bit, i was going to buy this game for multiplayer anyway
Guides without roadmaps really get on my tits!!
Aiden95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 12:31 AM   #15
Redemption Mode

Makaveli x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1
Honestly, I really enjoyed the first game, but when they announced MP a couple of months back, I shied away from this one. But now... with a POSSIBLITY of future MP... I'm going for it.
Old 05-05-2013, 07:23 PM   #16
SolitudeHD

LonelyHero x's Gamercard
This game looks more interesting that they are focusing sololy on singleplayer now.
SolitudeHD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 03:52 AM   #17
DiasdeGalvan

DiasdeGalvan's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by WOLFkraut View Post
No, it's not. If you had been following this game, you would know that the devs long ago discussed the idea of making the multiplayer a post-launch DLC and seemed interested in doing so.

Co-op would be nice, though.
Actually the person your're quoting is correct but it is a( new) rumor.
http://www.xbox360achievements.org/n...Five-DLCs.html
DiasdeGalvan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 06:42 PM   #18
cheevo360

BurstGamer Jedi's Gamercard

If ever bought MP into Metro: Last Light then it would be huge letdown, ruined and stupid just like Tomb Raider and God of War: Ascension's huge disappointed MPs. I am so happy this is not. Actually love single-player alone stand game.
cheevo360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 06:57 AM   #19
xRyux

xLeppardx's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by IXISHADOW View Post
Fantastic news! MP would ruin the game. Another game I cannot wait for!
I agree. It's a game for it's story which is great if you played the first one and read the books. Adding multiplayer to this would be like how Crystal Dynamics added multiplayer to Tomb Raider, just unnecessary in my opinion. Personally can't wait for this one next week!

xRyux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 07:40 AM   #20
Ninja Eagle

Captain Cotchy's Gamercard

Good. The game doesn't need Multiplayer at all. It's one of those games I couldn't see having it.

Ninja Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 05:01 PM   #21
Infernal

A 2rue boofer's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Over Achiever - Silver
This is a relief, I am now going to wait until they release all the DLC.
Infernal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 05:10 PM   #22
Kunduz

Herr Karamell's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts
Good to hear. Some form of co-op might have been acceptable...
Kunduz is offline   Reply With Quote